Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nuke Builds Are Ruining Gameplay Enjoyment

Zinxori-

43 minutes ago, HeavyFarms said:

You would think so. But the server is closed and not excepting new players. Needed friends to make characters on different servers and migrate to play with them. The popular queues pop instantly, but the less popular ones (Hint hint) take forever. 

You have "ONE" server not accepting new characters?

Funny, according to Lodestone, ALL of the servers on Dynamis are accepting new characters. But, let's say in theory that 1 of them wasn't.

On Aether, right now, THREE of its EIGHT servers (Dynamis only has 4 servers..) are listed as Congested.

Like I said, way more players on Aether.

Give it a try, Datacenter visit Aether and then try your trials.

20 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Sigh. Yeah, I guess it is absurd to expect that anyone has an idea of what they’re built for and how it leaves room for other players when they jump into a multiplayer mission. It’s not like you’ve tried or anything, usually it’d happen by accident and then you think something’s gone horribly wrong 

I'm 100% aware what I build for. You simply have another idea of how you wanna play the game. You're still not answering what should be a very simple question about your own ideas and ideals in the game.

17 hours ago, Xylia said:

Yeah, and what about new players?

They should be happy this isnt a level based game like MMOs are. If this was an MMO and level based content they'd be stuck with not being able to do most content since no one would be around to do it. They'd have to revert to asking for carries etc. Here they can just join a random group through an automatic matchmaker without impacting the speed desired by a veteran that has already ran the mission thousands of times and just want the current components.

That's not "playing" the game. The game lures you in by giving you this nice fun intro and then for the next God-knows-how-many-hours, you're asked to clear the whole star chart, get a necramech, a railjack, blah blah blah before you can even start on the path to getting stuff that lets you even remotely keep up.

But there is practically no need to look at it as "keep up" since everything is available solo and there is no actual scaling for co-op to justify playing co-op and having to "keep up" in the first place. Getting more gear wont improve your gameplay in a PuG if you currently dont enjoy it because people kill everything. Since it will come down to who reacts first when you eventually have the gear and if you react slower than someone else they will kill most of the map still.

16 hours ago, Xylia said:

... which you need to do Bounties for, and every single Bounty has a Defense objective in.

I don't really like playing Frost, and I hate being forced to play Frost just to do these stupid Defense objectives. I main a Rhino because I like Rhino.

But no, Frost or go home.

That makes it your self created problem since you refuse to approach the game as it is intended i.e using the right tool for the right job when needed. That has always been the red line throughout WF, where different frames deal with different mission parameters better or worse.

As new releases go on, power creep dictates that you WILL need Steel Path stuff to do current content, if not now it will be so in the future. Unless you just wanna clear to star chart and stop there, and don't do anything that comes after. I mean, they advertise all of this new content, new story quests, etc, and a lot of that is going to need better gear for you to do, especially if you wanna do it solo if that's even possible.

That is just a massive "what if?", since it hasnt become a reality yet. And if/when it becomes a reality that is just normal progression for a game. You however seem to want to skip directly to the end while not doing the several modes for progression in between that everyone else went through. They'd also need to introduce some seriously difficult content for SP to be required progression, since SP alone, which is practically still the highest content, doesnt need SP items in order to farm it. We farmed SP for hours and to level cap long before SP specific loot that increased our power progression was even introduced to the mode.

We currently do not need incarnons, arcanes, shards or galv modding to do SP, Netracells or Archons comfortably. They are only bonuses that enable us to do even faster runs of those activities, or stay longer in endless. Plus most of the items are obtained outside of SP or content of similar levels anyways, purchasable with tokens obtained from normal difficulties or straight drops from those normal missions.

Most of the major improvements to your power come from Sisters, Liches, Arbitrations, Duviri and the different syndicates without touching SP. Only 3 specific arcanes require you to actually do SP. That you can these days grab through Loid.

• Like 2

So I finished TNW last night, and got my Nataruk from that questline, and...

I put some basic mods on it and holy frick, UNRANKED the thing is doing upwards of 20,000 per shot. Like seriously WTF lol.

EDIT: ...156k damage from an orange crit?

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Xylia said:

So I finished TNW last night, and got my Nataruk from that questline, and...

I put some basic mods on it and holy frick, UNRANKED the thing is doing upwards of 20,000 per shot. Like seriously WTF lol.

EDIT: ...156k damage from an orange crit?

Shoot that thing into a Mag bubble...infinite body punch trough

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Haven't had the opportunity to try that yet, but I did get some even bigger crits after I was able to stick mods on it. Such a ridiculous weapon.

But, got that ranked up to 30 and now playing around with something that doesn't do as much damage but is simply hilarious fun to use: the Zarr, I just finished making it yesterday but was too busy with TNW to take it out, so I did that today and lol. Such fun.

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 2

9小时前 , FaultStrider 说:

A lot of people are focusing specifically on the mention of a Fissure Exterminate, when the core issue of gameplay being dominated by one person with the strongest build is a persistent issue across every gamemode…playing the game in Pubs is voluntary masochism if you expect to actually play, because odds are that one if not all of your squadmates will have minmaxed nuke builds for max efficiency. Yeah, this is a consequence of how the gameplay is designed, so perhaps the gameplay could do with a revisit to curb the speedrun meta and prevent high-powered Solo builds from dominating Pub games…

I think some of the new game modes since Zariman (aka after Reb was in charge) are being designed in such a way to avoid (or trying to avoid) speedrun and nuke meta being dominant.

Void cascade, mirror defense, alchemy (aka volatile 2.0), netracell. You can still nuke the whole map, sure, but that is not the most efficient way to play anymore. The game force you to run around, use operator, grab vosphene, throw canister and shoot at the duct at a specific time or whatever so that people need to use their braincell to progress. 

7 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

I think some of the new game modes since Zariman (aka after Reb was in charge) are being designed in such a way to avoid (or trying to avoid) speedrun and nuke meta being dominant.

Void cascade, mirror defense, alchemy (aka volatile 2.0), netracell. You can still nuke the whole map, sure, but that is not the most efficient way to play anymore. The game force you to run around, use operator, grab vosphene, throw canister and shoot at the duct at a specific time or whatever so that people need to use their braincell to progress. 

New missions are mostly tedious busy work. Very few braincells required. 

• Like 1

10分钟前 , Berzerkules 说:

New missions are mostly tedious busy work. Very few braincells required. 

And people still keep killing stuff out of the little red circle in netracell. That says a lot about the average players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RichardKam said:

And people still keep killing stuff out of the little red circle in netracell. That says a lot about the average players.

Netracell is terrible. Like DE combined spy lite and how to not camp a one round survival survival into one game mode. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Which doesn't matter, because the game is programmed so that each enemy can only be hit by a projectile once. Nataruk is actually pretty bad for Mag shenanigans.

50 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Which doesn't matter, because the game is programmed so that each enemy can only be hit by a projectile once. Nataruk is actually pretty bad for Mag shenanigans.

9k+ kills an hour solo Mag ain't bad.

You can shoot in there multiple times as well. It's like a spherical blender. 

Also, it hits everything in the bubble and you don't need to hit them multiple times when they get one shot. 

Edited by Berzerkules
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nira said:

Today I learned that you can activate emotes while in an archwing mission.

Sitting down in deep space is pretty pog

The only emote I use, Pendulum Narta, doesn't work in Archwing (and by extension, on Titania when she's in Razorwing). Makes me so sadge...

DE, fix this. It makes the game completely unplayable!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The only emote I use, Pendulum Narta, doesn't work in Archwing (and by extension, on Titania when she's in Razorwing). Makes me so sadge...

This deserves its own thread

Simply can’t play Archwing because of it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Does it not work at all or is it the one that makes Archwinged frames and Titania in Razorwing look like thay have a spastic meltdown? Since I remember almost making my friend die from laughter a few times back in the day when pulling of some emote in Razorwing. So long ago that I cant recall which one it was.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-28 at 9:57 PM, Xylia said:

You can't have fun in public matches because everything just dies in seconds and you don't get time to do anything because everybody else is leagues ahead of you.

Your response: "OK then go gear up"

To do that, you need stuff you can't feasibly solo.

Which....

Forces you into public matches. Which aren't fun.

It's an infinite loop/vicious circle of not having fun.

"Can't have fun in public because I need gear."

"Can't get said gear solo, so I have to go public."

Oh for f... sake. Cry me a river dude.

Please tell me what is exactly stopping you from creating your own PREMADE group of same minded people like you? Hm? You are complaining that you cant do solo, you complain that public groups aren't fun...

So instead of complaining invest that energy into creating your own group. Find people (forums, in game chat, discord etc) who will by fine with and cater to your SPECIAL play style and play with them. And please please don't tell me there aren't any... even in this thread are couple who agree with you. So grab them and play the stupid game.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Does it not work at all or is it the one that makes Archwinged frames and Titania in Razorwing look like thay have a spastic meltdown? Since I remember almost making my friend die from laughter a few times back in the day when pulling of some emote in Razorwing. So long ago that I cant recall which one it was.

It causes the upper half of the body to spin around, while the lower half of the body is static/motionless.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Smiky said:

Please tell me what is exactly stopping you from creating your own PREMADE group of same minded people like you? Hm? You are complaining that you cant do solo, you complain that public groups aren't fun...

It obvious why. Everyone has the same mindset as them, and if they don’t… then they’re obviously stupid and deserved to be banned from public groups /s

I like nuke builds. I mainly play solo. 

And when i play with people, i dont care what build they bring. 

Gauss Prime is on now. So there is no way they will touch him at all as it would hurt their revenue. 

Also this is a pvE game for relax. Hack and slash. Everything is stupidly powerful. Let it be. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 11:51 AM, Berzerkules said:

Nah, you were pretty toxic and resorted to name calling pretty much anyone that disagreed with you. DE did you a favor and removed that so you could save face.

They removed my arguments. To hell with saving face in front of a bunch of would-be heroes who think I’m eyeing them with envy and not “Ugh, can you guys go back to SP already? You know, the place you’re built for?”, moderators did me dirty, though I won’t deny it wasn’t entirely unwarranted

Edit: What did you think about the first and second part that accompanied the post you responded to?

Edited by Merkranire
moderators, not necessarily DE? Don’t know who removed the chain
  • Like 1

On 2024-02-01 at 2:57 PM, SneakyErvin said:

That sounds hilarious. Let us know if you find which one it is!

One of the best visual bugs I've encountered is in Railjack, where upon dismounting a turret, one's Warframe becomes the turret console, complete with telescopic arms. Think I've still got the video somewhere, will try and post it forumside!

Edited by Nira
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nira said:

That sounds hilarious. Let us know if you find which one it is!

One of the best visual bugs I've encountered is in Railjack, where upon dismounting a turret, one's Warframe becomes the turret console, complete with telescopic arms. Think I've still got the video somewhere, will try and post it forumside!

Will do when I get around to it. It reminded me of those old "jumping jack" toys with a string you pull to get their arms and legs to flap.

• Like 1

I see a Garuda spamming Thermal Sunder. With bright energy colours. Blanketing the entire map with neon coloured flames.

Yeah there are always people like that around unfortunately. If it isn't a crewmate/twin with a cannon, it's some other muppet spamming abilities. If that bothers you that much, going public is not a good idea.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:31 AM, SneakyErvin said:

I'm 100% aware what I build for. You simply have another idea of how you wanna play the game. You're still not answering what should be a very simple question about your own ideas and ideals in the game.

I have been answering, you haven’t been listening. You’re too caught up in calling things half-builds and bad builds when the build is complete enough to do the job it’s meant to with spare slots and capacity and loadout choice left over, you’re too caught up on worrying over not using things we’ve earned despite my repeatedly saying I’m using everything I’ve earned here’s alternative combinations of build and content to show it and nothing is off the table for the future, you’re too obsessed with the goal being “Take thing into Steel Path” when I’ve repeatedly told you it’s not, you think that it’s all the same across different levels of content it’s just numbers shifting when I’ve told you it’s not, you straight up said you do not understand and that came as zero surprise because you never even tried to.

I gave up explaining anything to you, Ervin. You hear what you want to and fatigue me with how many times I repeat myself to a brick wall. Amongst all that I’ve said is an allusion (if not straight up explanation) to how the game itself works which shouldn’t take more than two braincells to understand what happens when you take a Steel Path build to something like Arbitrations and why it happens because of how the game works and how the game working the way it does lends itself to the core concept of a game about buildcrafting and variety while you obsess over some arbitrary cutoff point for what makes a build and variety

Edited by Merkranire
  • Like 1