Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im using Forma on every slot and I still don't have enough capacity to max my Build

Roble_Viejo

Im suffering from success: I have every Primed, Galvanized and Amalgam Mod in the Game,
but if I want to actually use them, I have to Forma every single slot and commit to that Build.

I got my hands on Acceltra Prime, I used every Mod I could but I ran out of Capacity
with 1 slot left. To have enough Capacity to use a Mod with 9 drain (the average) I would
need to use 3 more Formas, which would basically lock me to this particular build. And
if I wanted to change my build in the future, I would need to re-Forma one or two slots.
All of this without taking into consideration Riven mods, which can have up to 18 drain.

I don't have any problem dumping Formas like crazy, the issue is getting locked to a build.

This is driving me crazy, do I want a sub-par build I can change in the future? Or a maxed
build that will require multiple Formas to tweak? Do I use the "Endgame" mods and be
committed to this very specific build? Or do I play with an empty slot? This is the dilemma.

There is one change suggested by the Community for YEARS that could fix this problem:
- Formas don't overwrite a Slot's Polarity, they add a Polarity option
As logical this suggestion is, at this point Im pretty sure this will never happen...

But there is another possible solution for this:
- Slotting an Arcane adds a flat 10 Capacity to the Build
This is why Warframes (usually) don't have this problem, because Aura mods add
7-9 total Capacity to the Build, which is just enough to have some wiggle room.

Now, thanks to the Whispers in the Walls update, we finally got an Arcane slot for
each category of Weapon. This is the perfect moment to implement such a change.

But maybe there are better ways, how would you fix the Forma Addiction dilemma?

• Like 8

I like the Arcane idea however instead of any Arcane I would rather see a dedicated one that adds 2-3 Capacity per Rank. This would create an interesting trade off where you would need to sacrifice advantage from regular Arcane for some extra wiggle room.

• Like 1

Because when you throw on literally every single primed/galvanzied mod possible, that will happen. It's not the end of the world, just use a different Exilus mod.

Forma all normal slots, you'll get in all the major mods you need. Exilus mods are just extra flavour that is unneccessary generally

This is by design btw

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roble_Viejo said:

To have enough Capacity to use a Mod with 9 drain (the average) I would
need to use 3 more Formas, which would basically lock me to this particular build. And
if I wanted to change my build in the future, I would need to re-Forma one or two slots.

Or build another one.  Copies are clunky in some ways, and can feel like they take a lot of investment.  But they definitely work, with a very few exceptions.

I'm not against the system getting improved though, whether through better handling of copies or additions to the polarity/capacity system, or whatever.  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

maybe having all main slots with a polarity should boost weapon max polarity by 10

Once all the main slots are polarised, you're locked into the build anyway.

On 2024-01-27 at 6:39 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Or build another one.  Copies are clunky in some ways, and can feel like they take a lot of investment.  But they definitely work, with a very few exceptions.

Yeah, but this creates issues with Duviri and it's selection system. If they let you cycle duplicates and/or variants (got a Braton on your choice, so you can choose between your 2 Braton Primes, Braton Vandal, or Mk1), then yeah, maybe.

On 2024-01-27 at 5:33 AM, Roble_Viejo said:

There is one change suggested by the Community for YEARS that could fix this problem:
- Formas don't overwrite a Slot's Polarity, they add a Polarity option
As logical this suggestion is, at this point Im pretty sure this will never happen...

But there is another possible solution for this:
- Slotting an Arcane adds a flat 10 Capacity to the Build
This is why Warframes (usually) don't have this problem, because Aura mods add
7-9 total Capacity to the Build, which is just enough to have some wiggle room.

I mean, if they added a new Blueprint, "Universal Forma" that took, say, 3 forma and 5 Nitain to make, that let you basically <Aura Forma> a regular slot, that would be good. Still keeps player's time gated, no longer wastes building opportunity, but probably not going to happen regardless.

Warframe Arcanes add Arcane Revives at Rank 3. Having weapons provide +5 mod capacity (affected by the catalyst) at Rank 3 could be a workable solution. Or have them do it at Rank 5. The issue would be for the Level 40 weapons, and Exalted Weapons (which honestly should have arcanes at this point, and maybe go to level 40 as well just for the capacity boost. Make us waste the forma DE).

• Like 3

On 2024-01-26 at 11:33 AM, Roble_Viejo said:

Do I use the "Endgame" mods and be committed to this very specific build?

I'd ask myself how often are new "end-game" mods coming out, that locking a weapon into a particular build is an ongoing hassle compared to the "hassle" of taking the time to add a new forma and re-rank it up, which can go by very quickly depending on your efficiency.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

Le 26/01/2024 à 19:33, Roble_Viejo a dit :

Im suffering from success

Not if you're figuring out capacity matters when modding for the acceltra prime.

Keep your forma investment minimal with just the highest capacity mods in the right polarities if your goal is to have drastically different builds (although the number of guns that can be modded in drastically different fashions are limited, and stats like Multishot are universally good and never removed from any configs), overforma-ing a frame or a weapon will specialize it for a specific build, that's just how the game works.

If we're taking the example of the Acceltra Prime again, what do we see?

1. It's a primary, so it's gonna use Galvanized Chamber, that's 1 madurai polarity.
  2. It's MADE for crits, you can reach over 100% with it, so Critical Delay and Vital Sense are auto set, that's another madurai polarity and one naramon.
  3. It has decent enough status to exploit the status chance, thus using 2 60-60 mods to make Viral or Corrosive totally make sense, that's another two madurai polarities (that you're likely not going to put, because these mods cost only 7 capacity thankfully).
  4. Because you can get over 100% crits and it's viable with status, using Hunter Munitions makes alot more sense now, with a source of viral (from 2 60-60 mods or from nourish), meaning it's a free slot-in; good job, that's another madurai polarity.
  5. Over 50% of its damage comes from the Radial Attack, Galvanized Aptitude isn't going to be as great (though definitely slotable), so you can potentially avoid a vazarin polarity.
  6. The explosion radius is large enough for Primed Firestorm to be slotable, considering the low damage falloff, so if you're into that, you can rely on a madurai polarity.
  7. You can use Radiated Reload if you feel like it, madurai polarity.
  8. If you're into banes, well guess what, they're totally usable, and they're all madurai polarity.
  9. Only the Exilus slot can be a tough call, wether you can handle the ammo issues or not, Terminal Velocity is the default slot with the already present madurai, but if you want to compensate for ammo then you swap to naramon for the primed ammo mutation mod.
  10. If you have a riven, well tough luck there, the dispo will never rise, as the default acceltra's dispo never went up in the first place, so it's likely only unslottable trash. If you absolutely were to slot one, you'd need a polarity, obviously.

What did we learn? Basically everything on primaries goes with just Madurai slots and probably one Naramon, one Vazarin only when using Galvanized Aptitude. Wow.

Even if you were trying to put usability mods, that's STILL just madurai and naramon mods, and in the case of the Acceltra Prime, they're not even necessary : firing it fast only increases ammo issue, not long term dps, and reload speed is already built in when it already has a decent one at base.

Taking this example for your topic was definitely not the move lmao. Now if we had been talking Warframes, that'd have been a completely different story.

Il y a 14 heures, Monolake a dit :

problem with Acceltra is that ammo mutation is  MUST HAVE

and overall the weapon is not that great so you want all the damage you can squeeze including riven

A riven on a dispo 0.5 newly released weapon. Yeah right. Like anything you could get would make it slotable. Even by having an element and a useful stat, the riven just doesn't hold up to any other standard mods, that's how bad 0.5 dispo is.

If you're so desperate about ammo maybe just consider using Carrier for once. You know, the one sentinel that exists specifically to solve ammo issues.

"The weapon is not that great", we are 100% not playing the same game. Acceltra prime's base status chance is so much higher than normal acceltra that it's actually usable, maybe learn to build around that. Probably think about how arcanes actually exist and are more than enough base damage.

Posted about "Impossible" builds back in 2016 and that was before Exilus slots and many more Primed mods.

Community wanted to argue with me about not using maxed mods and this wasn't about having multiple builds either.
This was about a single optimal build for a single gun that results in negative capacity.

My solution at the time was for Rivens have no capacity cost. This adding value to even 0.5 disposition.

I completely agree, shotguns and pistols have this problem considering raw radiation and reload speed are considerably useful mods now.

Some laymen here are trying to divert the topic to builds, apparently they haven't reached archon shards.

On 2024-01-28 at 3:42 AM, (XBOX)MarakViriPlays said:

Yeah, but this creates issues with Duviri and it's selection system. If they let you cycle duplicates and/or variants (got a Braton on your choice, so you can choose between your 2 Braton Primes, Braton Vandal, or Mk1), then yeah, maybe.

As someone with multiple copies of Banshee and Zephyr, Duviri selection has only shown me the copy with highest number of Forma.

What happens when both copies of your Acceltra Prime have same number of Forma? Who knows! Gamble away for science! 

8 minutes ago, BansheeAndZephyrMarried said:

As someone with multiple copies of Banshee and Zephyr, Duviri selection has only shown me the copy with highest number of Forma.

What happens when both copies of your Acceltra Prime have same number of Forma? Who knows! Gamble away for science! 

It's random between frames and weapon copies with same forma count.  I'd guess equal chances of each just because it's simplest, but guesses are cheap.