Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea or Xaku... who do we think is next to be Primed?

Hexerin

9 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I'd bet on Protea.

It would have been nice to have Xaku during Whispers in the Wall though, as it was released with Deimos' Entrati shenanigans

That's a good point. Since we're not getting Whispers in the Walls's Echoes update next, maybe they're pushing it back to coincide with Xaku Prime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
12 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I'd bet on Protea.

It would have been nice to have Xaku during Whispers in the Wall though, as it was released with Deimos' Entrati shenanigans

That's a good point. Since we're not getting Whispers in the Walls's Echoes update next, maybe they're pushing it back to coincide with Xaku Prime.

We will have Dante which is "close enough" to Whipsers/Deimos.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

DE said they consider Dante Unbound to be the echoes update for WiTW. chances are we moving on to something totally new after that. plus "echoes in the Walls" or "echoes of whispers", would've just sounded dumb IMO lol.

on topic, I think it'll be Protea: the two newest frames, Qorvex and the upcoming Dante are both male, and we also just had two male primes with Grendel and Gauss, so we're kind of overdue for a female frame of some kind, and Protea Prime would be nice.

Velox Prime is a given, because it's her signature, but as for whether she'd come with a second Prime weapon or a Prime Sentinel, who knows? maybe she'll come with Daikyu Prime, right @Skoomaseller? :crylaugh: 

after that, it'll be Xaku Prime, Quassus prime, and whatever else he comes with. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Velox Prime is a given, because it's her signature, but as for whether she'd come with a second Prime weapon or a Prime Sentinel, who knows? maybe she'll come with Daikyu Prime, right @Skoomaseller? :crylaugh:

Exergis Prime, c'mon DE. It makes zero sense, but we can dream, no?

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

lol, Exergis Vandal or Tenet Exergis could be just as good, and in-keeping with how our weapons are named. Tenet version would be more of a grind but it'd likely be ludicrously strong. they could give it a burst alt fire like the ones the Vapos Crewmen use, that'd be neat IMO.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:
1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

DE said they consider Dante Unbound to be the echoes update for WiTW. chances are we moving on to something totally new after that. plus "echoes in the Walls" or "echoes of whispers", would've just sounded dumb IMO lol.

And echoes in the walls doesn't sounds "dumb" enough?

32 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

26 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
33 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

With titania thye haven't primed Sarpa... so who knows

32 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

after that, it'll be Xaku Prime, Quassus prime, and whatever else he comes with. 

I wish they would prime Arum spinosa instead... that would look gorgeous.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

on topic, I think it'll be Protea: the two newest frames, Qorvex and the upcoming Dante are both male, and we also just had two male primes with Grendel and Gauss, so we're kind of overdue for a female frame of some kind, and Protea Prime would be nice.

yeah protea prime will come with daikyu prime

bagqcidrc47c1.png

• Like 8

I personally think Xaku, as we’ll be getting 1999 which will definitely have some void shenanigans. Xaku Prime will add even more void shenanigans to trigger Balls even more (after Rev Prime of course).

• Like 1

Likely Protea considering the release order. Recent two primes have been male so Protea is up, then Xaku after that followed by Lavos and Sevagoth since they'll probably follow the normal frame order after that. Unless they move up Yarly in between Lavos and Sev.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Likely Protea considering the release order. Recent two primes have been male so Protea is up, then Xaku after that followed by Lavos and Sevagoth since they'll probably follow the normal frame order after that. Unless they move up Yarly in between Lavos and Sev.

Really looking forward to yareli prime, the orokin look on her standard prime cosmetic appearance has great potential to look fantastic.

On 2024-01-30 at 10:00 AM, Hexerin said:

By release order, Protea would be next. However, DE appears to occasionally push frames up by a slot (Grendel and Gauss, for example).

We have any bets?

Well they seem to push them up based on popularity and the season, since there's no holiday that will boost sales of the most popular Warframe, it's probably going to stay as Protea to keep the gender order neutral and not upset anyone.

On 2024-01-30 at 11:55 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Can't lie, it's pretty dumb thinking in that, gendered dimension. "We had MEN, we MUST have a woman otherwise it's not fair!!!" Like it's a game about space ninjas, their gender doesn't make much of a difference.

4 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

bagqcidrc47c1.png

No no, that’s with Xoris Prime.

Remember, Xaku Prime will come out with Daikyu Prime XXL

Edited by Aruquae
  • Like 4

I'm excited either way, as I really like both Protea and Xaku. I am also super interested in what the Prime versions will look like, as I think both also have two of the best Deluxe skins as well, and both IIRC only have one signature, so may be interesting to see what else they will come with. 

21 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

17 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Remember, Xaku Prime will come out with Daikyu Prime XXL

We could have Protea come out with Daikyu Prime, and then Xaku AkDaikyu Prime, where we can now dual wield Double Daikyus. Its a bow so nice, we should get to hold it twice! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I'm excited either way, as I really like both Protea and Xaku. I am also super interested in what the Prime versions will look like, as I think both also have two of the best Deluxe skins as well, and both IIRC only have one signature, so may be interesting to see what else they will come with. 

We could have Protea come out with Daikyu Prime, and then Xaku AkDaikyu Prime, where we can now dual wield Double Daikyus. Its a bow so nice, we should get to hold it twice! 

Hold up, I think you’re on to something 

hold-up-let-him-cook.png

• Like 4

On 2024-01-30 at 11:00 AM, Hexerin said:

By release order, Protea would be next. However, DE appears to occasionally push frames up by a slot (Grendel and Gauss, for example).

We have any bets?

usually when they push frames it's so they can have the more hype frame of the two land on the summer/winter break (since that's when they make more sales)

i personally wouldnt know which one is more hype, but xaku's usage in 2023 was 1.43% while protea is only 1.16%, so unless protea prime comes with some tweaks, i'd expect her to come in the spring while xaku is the summer release.

between lavos and sevagoth btw, i think sevagoth will get the fall release since he's... not really that great (especially since his best ability is his subsume) 

20 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Really looking forward to yareli prime, the orokin look on her standard prime cosmetic appearance has great potential to look fantastic.

I wish I could like her. She'll probably just end up as fish stick prime in the Orbiter freezer. 

20 minutes ago, (PSN)kpjk11 said:

Tbh I'm not sure it makes sense to have either of them primed when you consider the lore behind them.

Valkyr Prime doesn't make sense considering Valkyr went mad and berserker by Alad's experiments yet she still exists

20 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Really looking forward to literally any Yareli cosmetic 

WHERE’S THE HELMET DE? YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO RELEASE IT LAST YEAR

Cough cough, apologies, I lost my cool. There’s all so much you can do with base helmet or an alt helmet