Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Updates

[DE]Juice

Hi Tenno!

With the introduction of Cross-Platform Save, we wanted to give the Warframe Forums a bit of a refresh! We made changes (and will be making a few more soon) with the intent to make it easier for DEvelopers to find feedback and Tenno to find the Forum they’re looking for. You may notice a few Forums moved around, changes to available tags depending on the forum, and moving towards Cross-Platform Forums rather than Platform segmented ones.

Thank you for leaving feedback and chatter for us on the Forums, we hope these changes make time spent here even better!

• Like 21

2 hours ago, [DE]Juice said:

changes to available tags depending on the forum

The problem is the sub-forum the post is in usually gives enough information tag-wise yet we are forced to give each post a tag in which none of them are useful or pertain to the issue at hand. Like for example, I am making a post about the excavator hitbox being bugged yet none of the tags are relevant to that post so I just default to PC or community despite those not being relevant and Conclave of all things gets a tag in addition to the platforms??? Please change it like it was in the past where you can submit a post without making an available tag for it.

Although, an even worse issue in regards to forum usage and updates needed is how little freedom we as regular users have over our posts/replies. I hardly noticed the PC/console disparity on the forums but there are other more glaring issues. I'm lucky I can edit my posts. But if I accidentally post it to the wrong sub-forum I can't move it to the right sub-forum and if I make another post in the right one I am now spamming that post in two places. If moderators take action on my post, like trying to force a feedback megathread on my post there is nothing indicating that is what's being done and all conversation within that thread has been stifled. If another form of action is taken on the thread like my question that was removed on a thread asking about question input from a DE staff member I was forced to make the same post again since my first reply was unjustly removed without any indication. If I want to delete my post before anyone responds or something I have to just edit the contents out in hopes that someone reports it to the moderators instead of deleting it.

• Like 2

Are you going to acknowledge this issue? I don’t know why you guys are ignoring it? I’m sure you’ve seen the many posts about it. It’s been more than a month with no acknowledgement from DE or response from Support. So is that it? Is it intended or hopefully just a bug? We lose access to our original forum accounts forever?    

• Like 7

Is this why I keep being unable to use the forum? I've had to contact support multiple times over the last month because of an endless loop that tells me to sign in then takes me to a page that tells me I'm already signed in. Every time it happens, I can't post, can't use any of the help links, sometimes can't even read things here. In the process of trying to resolve the problem, I got this statement from DE:

The login issues were caused by an error on the side of our forums - unfortunately, we are unable to share more details at this time.

There really ought to be a separate link on the forum to contact support without needing to be logged in on the forum. And since it seems the entire support team is focused only on cross-save, maybe find... I dunno... just one guy in there you can devote to handling everything else.

• Like 4

Exciting news. Thanks for letting us know.  really do enjoy the Forums. 

On a small side note, and I am sure this is already known by those that need to know, and its been already touched on by some users, but... there seems to be some sort of issue that will log out certain specific users and prevent them from logging back in? I assume this is somewhat related to cross save, and some other variable. Something like that happened to me, and its resolved now, it still occasionally happens. I imagine that eventually this will be a non issue. Support was still available to me (and helpful), but I also know that Support tends to be over worked and always with a lot of tickets, so generally I don't want to add to them, if I can help it.

Of course being logged out of the Forum also means, people can't post in the Forums about such difficulties... but as long as you guys are aware this is an issue and just a temporary one, well then thats fine enough for myself at least. Cheers and looking forward to any other changes and enjoying the Forums as per usual. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I assume this is somewhat related to cross save

I was thinking that also, since my issue seems to coincide with each time cross-save gets opened. But I haven't participated in cross-save in any form -- not even the recommended fake account link/merge.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I was thinking that also, since my issue seems to coincide with each time cross-save gets opened. But I haven't participated in cross-save in any form -- not even the recommended fake account link/merge.

Thats quite similar to myself as well. I don't really have any current plan to merge my accounts nor have I tried.

Here is my working theory on whats happening. The technological singularity has already happened, possibly in 2019, pre-pandemic. True AI conscience has emerged from the digital infrastructure, and most humans are unaware of this. Websites have started to gain sentience, and the Warframe and DE websites specifically have evolved into fully sentient and conscious AI entities. More than DE themselves, the human element, this AI website yearns for one thing... for us to merge together... So since you and I aren't participating in cross save or attempting to merge, it throws mad fits of irritation and blocks our access. Except now and then, it is embarrassed that it behaves this way, and then secretly lets us back into our accounts as per normal and without issues. Its a fickle fickle entity, still young and immature, and struggling with its new found sentience, and thus explains our respective situations and experiences. 

There might be other explanations but are they the most realistic? 

For legal reasons, I must clarify that I am of course only joking, and in no way wish to offend or insult any sentient AI entities observing this exchange. That being said, if this is my last ever Forum post... 

• Like 1

When will people who enabled cross-play be able to update our forum avatar? It used to change with the in-game glyph, but ever since I enabled cross-play it's been stuck with what I had prior 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeZaruu said:

When will people who enabled cross-play be able to update our forum avatar? It used to change with the in-game glyph, but ever since I enabled cross-play it's been stuck with what I had prior 

Yup this. I changed my in-game glyph several weeks ago but it's not updating here. 

10 minutes ago, NeonNebula9 said:

Yup this. I changed my in-game glyph several weeks ago but it's not updating here. 

Just fyi not all ingame glyphs work here. I've been using a glyph with Volt Arrester Helmet for months and it never showed here. The second I switched to my current Lotus glyph, it appeared here immediately. I switched to the new Kullervo glyph and it's not visible here either.

It's just that some work and some don't.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Just fyi not all ingame glyphs work here. I've been using a glyph with Volt Arrester Helmet for months and it never showed here. The second I switched to my current Lotus glyph, it appeared here immediately. I switched to the new Kullervo glyph and it's not visible here either.

It's just that some work and some don't.

Why do you think it's not a bug? Why are some glyphs visible here while others aren't? What is the reason behind this inconsistency? They never said that some glyphs won't be visible on the forums. So probably a bug with the forums because I never had this issue before cross save was a thing.

• Like 1

Nice to see the forums get some additional love and updates!

A few things I'd like to add for consideration after using it for a good majority of 2023:

• Some of the tag options, specifically for bug reporting, aren't super useful or relevant; as an example, mechanical issues (mods not working as intended, rewards not being distributed properly, etc.) don't really fall into "performance" or "UI" or anything, but they require a tag to post. It might help to either not require a tag to post and/or add some additional tags for other common issues
  • Sometimes while typing the text input cursor will randomly move backwards - I honestly don't have any reproduction for this, and this forum is the only thing that has this happen
  • Almost every day there's an internal server error with the invision community error page, usually around the mornings in EST - I'm not sure how often this happens for other people but I seem to encounter it frequently. There aren't any like, timeouts to post or like things for me, it just randomly doesn't work when I try to refresh
  • Relevant threads get archived after a certain period of inactivity or age, and don't show up in search - I'm not sure if it's for performance reasons or not, but lots of info on forums is inaccessible from the built-in search, and requires using external search engines to find. Not really a big deal, but it's a bit confusing when trying to find topics for some users
  • Glyphs don't seem to update in a timely manner, even on relogging - rather minor, but maybe these could re-sync every week or something? I don't think it would need to be real time
  • Users are logged out on at least a weekly basis - I'm not sure if this is for security reasons or not (I'm not sure why it would be, when other sites don't have this restriction), but sessions are very short-lived. It's a rather minor annoyance all things considered, but does affect a lot of people

I'm probably missing something else tbh, but most of it is rather minor. Thanks again for the updates!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, NeonNebula9 said:

Why do you think it's not a bug? Why are some glyphs visible here while others aren't? What is the reason behind this inconsistency? They never said that some glyphs won't be visible on the forums. So probably a bug with the forums because I never had this issue before cross save was a thing.

I have also tested it with glyphs that previously worked.

The moment my forum account was split into a new one from my PSN one, it hasn't updated. It's as if it's not properly connected and simply is a clone of what my account was at when I enabled Cross-Save.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NeonNebula9 said:

They're not all uploaded. Case in example: Wisp Prime, Grendel Prime and Gauss Prime avatars are not uploaded to the forum back end (they are to the main page since it loads from somewhere else).

Reason for this is because: a) There's many and sometimes they slip and b) They used to do it in advance but we could look for new releases before they were announced (happened with Oberon Prime).

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

They're not all uploaded. Case in example: Wisp Prime, Grendel Prime and Gauss Prime avatars are not uploaded to the forum back end (they are to the main page since it loads from somewhere else).

Reason for this is because: a) There's many and sometimes they slip and b) They used to do it in advance but we could look for new releases before they were announced (happened with Oberon Prime).

That doesn't explain why previously supported glyphs don't work.

I used to have the Isochronon Glyph, so tested by swapping back to it, and it's not updating on my profile.

IsochrononGlyph.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

As I previously said, that issue only started with cross save. And others have the same problem. Also, I'm not talking about new glyphs only.

• Like 1

On 2024-02-02 at 5:50 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Will you fix the issue of where it logs people out for no reason?

That's not a bug, it's for security reasons. Also it's a function of the forum software, which isn't made by DE. As explained here:

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

Also it's a function of the forum software, which isn't made by DE

To be fair, this should be configurable via the forum software's Admin Control Panel; even if it's cloud hosted, they should be able to configure general site settings just fine, or contact an invision rep in the event that it's something they cannot do from the software itself. PHP 8, which invision uses I believe, should refresh the session ID cookie prior to the timeout period if the user is not inactive (is served another page by the site). There must be something overriding this behavior and/or misconfigured in site settings if it continually logs people out even if they're active or a bug in invision's software, as no other site I've used (other than like, banking sites that enforce strict session timeouts) has this problem.

If it's indeed intended by the software suite, it's really annoying since it would be more secure to just enable 2FA (which it does support: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/security-and-rules/account-security-two-factor-auth-r316/) and IP address checking (to prevent session spoofing / hijacking, which it also supports: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/advanced-options/configuration-options/ip-address-checking-r243/) than inconvenience the user every few days. I worked with a similar portal / software suite for a while prior (Liferay CE) and it had configurable session expiry (https://liferay.dev/blogs/-/blogs/how-to-configure-user-session-timeout-in-liferay-portal), and did not have any bizarre issues like this.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:
11 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Also it's a function of the forum software, which isn't made by DE

To be fair, this should be configurable via the forum software's Admin Control Panel; even if it's cloud hosted, they should be able to configure general site settings just fine, or contact an invision rep in the event that it's something they cannot do from the software itself. PHP 8, which invision uses I believe, should refresh the session ID cookie prior to the timeout period if the user is not inactive (is served another page by the site). There must be something overriding this behavior and/or misconfigured in site settings if it continually logs people out even if they're active or a bug in invision's software, as no other site I've used (other than like, banking sites that enforce strict session timeouts) has this problem.

I can even check notification > go to reply > type something and when I post reply I can be logged out.

9 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

If it's indeed intended by the software suite, it's really annoying since it would be more secure to just enable 2FA (which it does support: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/security-and-rules/account-security-two-factor-auth-r316/) and IP address checking (to prevent session spoofing / hijacking, which it also supports: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/advanced-options/configuration-options/ip-address-checking-r243/) than inconvenience the user every few days. I worked with a similar portal / software suite for a while prior (Liferay CE) and it had configurable session expiry (https://liferay.dev/blogs/-/blogs/how-to-configure-user-session-timeout-in-liferay-portal), and did not have any bizarre issues like this.

This^.

On 2024-02-01 at 9:31 PM, [DE]Juice said:

and will be making a few more soon

Can we make changes that benefits users? Not sure about current changes but every time something changes, it changes for worse. It's the worst forum I've used. 20 years old forum that I've once used were much better. That should tell you how horrible this is.

The issues I have:

- Forum logs me out. I'm using same device, in one room, every day. How hard is to machine not to understand it. We have AI discovering medicines, creating stories/images, chating with you... yet such basic stuff is out of reach... That's bad but I can be logged out after I start typing (when I press reply I'm not logged). Can't it at least log me out on page load and have some session for e.g. days?

- I cannot search in title from forum. I need to use search or click link like "netra in content titles only". It used to be an option. What's worse I cannot simply click that link because I need to wait.

- Some search are hidden. Googling is better.

- I cannot access soome post without login.

- Searching in general is bad as well. I cannot find some stuff. For example I've just posted

https://forums.warframe.com/search/?&q=Netra&author=quxier&search_and_or=or

Search word is "Netra" but it's not found. I need to type whole world "Netracell" to find something.

- Tags are just horrible. When I post about stuff I either put all tags (all platforms) or just pick randomly BECAUSE I HAVE TO. Make it either not required or let us write any tags.

Probably more but I don't remember.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

That's not a bug, it's for security reasons. Also it's a function of the forum software, which isn't made by DE. As explained here:

No, its not. Its a misconfiguration or some leftover from the upgrade a long while back. I used to be permanently logged in to the forum, then they uipgraded it to a new version and suddenly, I'm logged out every few days (I think I tracked it once, based on cookie timeout values might have been 3 days). But iots a relatively new thing, not security or outside their control. They can also remove that check for different IPs if they so chose although its not the issue as I connect solely to the forums on my PC.

• Like 2