Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've solved the mystery of how we'll beat the big bad

Masterchef2

The Indifference, the Man in the Wall, whatever it is, it's clearly taking the stage now as our new big bad, and I've figured out the key to defeating it. It's been right in front of us all along, named after an old Roman god.

The god of Beginnings and Endings.

The god of doorways, transitions, passages.

The god of of duality and time.

The god of frames.

The key to our victory will be a literal key.

Spoiler

The Janus key.

We end as we began.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Masterchef2 said:

The Janus key.

never heard of it, what's that? /s

2 hours ago, Lord_Chibi said:

I heard a good theory where we beat him by using compassion or something, kinda like Umbra or what happened with the giant dudes in Deimos.

That or time travel stuff related to Albrecht Entrati

I reckon this is closer to what will happen, due to how taken aback wally was at the good touch at the end of WitW, and how it also fits in with Ballas old quote about us "finding a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing, and take away it's pain." Tagfer also implies that Wally wants to join in to this system but doesn't really know how to, at least not without potentially endangering all of existence.

for me, I think it all comes down to "the deal". I believe our "part" of the deal, is to simply become another Man in the Wall, so that wally will not be alone anymore. but at this point, we have gone back on his deal by refusing to co-operate with him and continuing to prioritize the safety of our friends, allies and the Lotus in the Origin System. 

• Like 2

Have we tried putting a really big mirror next to the wall? So when the Man in the Wall, comes out of the Wall, he seems himself, the Other Man in the Wall, apologises, explaining he says this reality is already occupied, and goes back, and search for a new place to mess with. A doppelganger of a doppelganger if you will. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Nira said:

Man, imagine the speech Vor has for that exposition...

Oh, boy, that would have to be "30 minutes later".

On 2024-02-06 at 9:22 PM, Masterchef2 said:

We end as we began.

I was afraid it would be NSFW. You know one of opposites of indifference is love. We all know how to express love.

You haven't done this... but something even worse. If you know what I mean.

Then it gets worse

Joking aside, reading about the key it make sense that it could be part of the "solution".