Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss boop augment

I think it would be cool if Gauss had an augment that made it whenever he stops during mach rush or on contact with an enemy he points out his finger and shoots a shockwave like in the trailer. I also think if he is in the thermal sunder the blast would bring upon cold or heat depending on which sunder used so it could flow better with his kit. and based on how many people hit it would give more Gauss meter. I personally would call it something grand like "Subsonic Tap"

(I'm new so I didn't really know what tags to put) 

Edited by (XBOX)Spiderwick3666
  • Like 4

You wouldn't want it to be on contact with an enemy, because then he'd stop rushing every time he ran into a foe, which would be all the time. Making Gauss Mains slow down every few seconds would have them very upset. The option to do a wall-slam effect if they deliberately stop rushing before hitting a wall like that would be nice, though.

• Like 1

deliberately stopping is the only case it should trigger cause it gives the player more control of the ability, rather than waiting for a wall to activate or trying to dodge enemies when u dont want to use it

Edited by asianguy262001
  • Like 1

Couple of things:

1. This would make navigating a group of enemies incredibly difficult.

2. Gauss didn't 'shoot' a shockwave with his boop, the shockwave followed him from him running so fast, he was just fast enough to boop and then the wave caught up with him.

3. Mach Rush's explosion already deals damage based on Sunder if you run through a zone of Sunder, so if you're in a Sunder zone when Mach Rush impacts, you deal that type of damage.

@Birdframe_Prime

1. This is why I said when OR when he stops he shoots the shockwave it won't be a incredibly slow shot it would be relatively quick.

2. The energy is built up when he runs and released when he stopped I said shoot a shockwave because that's effectively what its gonna look like and didn't want to take up an entire portion of my idea explaining potential energy.

3. I already know this I just wrote that to make sure people understand what would make it good because normally you would have to bash Gauss's thick cranium against a wall to make him detonate but with this augment you could just stop running a cause a blast forward also for the record holding the the button to mach rush then deliberately stopping is the only way to activate it so your still able to short zip to reposition yourself (thanks Asian guy and sloth)

Edited by (XBOX)Spiderwick3666
Added an extra thing

On 2024-02-11 at 4:23 AM, Tesla_Reloaded said:

As a joke mod - why not? We already have Peculiar Audience, Peculiar Bloom and Peculiar Growth - those mods are useless and even wasteful, since they take up a mod slot and mod capacity, yet we have them.

Not to mention almost every augment mod Atlas has.