Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What graphic settings are causing the most strain in newer areas?

Zahnrad

Just something I've been wanting to ask but kept constantly putting off.

I got an old PC, it's still pretty beefy but it's about 6 years old I think.

In most older areas of Warframe, such as for example, the Void/Orokin Tower tileset I can typically run a stable 144fps in combat

But when I go to newer areas such as the Entrati Labs my FPS tanks down to the 40-50fps range while outside of combat.

Anyone know if there's any settings I can turn down to give a big increase to performance without sacrificing too much in terms of visuals?

They said in the last Devstream & Devshort that there were issues with the new lightning/shadow system, disable that if you want a more stable frame-rate

I personally don't have that much problem with it so I still have it on

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

They said in the last Devstream & Devshort that there were issues with the new lightning/shadow system, disable that if you want a more stable frame-rate

I personally don't have that much problem with it so I still have it on

Do you happen to know which specific option it is?

46 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Do you happen to know which specific option it is?

As said above, pretty much everything that has to do with light & shadows

Try disabling one at a time to see which impacts your game the most

Volumetric fog set to high in the sanctum anatomical absolutely destroys performance due to the completely different lighting system From the rest of the game. Turning it down to medium makes a massive difference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazifet said:

Volumetric fog set to high in the sanctum anatomical absolutely destroys performance due to the completely different lighting system From the rest of the game. Turning it down to medium makes a massive difference.

Can chime in and say this is my exact experience aswell. Fog at high makes my computer sound like a jet taking off, fog at medium makes my computer go back to ninja mode.

And there are clearly alot of lighting issues in the new tiles. Some segments are completely unlit, certain open areas show difference light sources when you stand in the same spot based on which direction your camera is facing. Really annoying since I kinda have OCD regarding such things, it's one of my major OCD things in addition to clipping in games.

Hopefully they have some work in the pipe to fix the bigger issues. But until then I'll just scream on the inside and die a little when I lay my eyes on those things.

I tell ya, it's kind of nice to see people actually going "Turn that *#^@ off" rather than "Get stronger hardware 4head" like I usually do in other parts of the internet.

If there's one thing I find an issue with gaming lately it's the increasing hardware requirement bloat for minimal returns, here's to DE letting their shiny new graphics be turned off if they're a huge hardware strain.

Coffee Cheers GIF by Holiday Inn Express

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I tell ya, it's kind of nice to see people actually going "Turn that *#^@ off" rather than "Get stronger hardware 4head" like I usually do in other parts of the internet.

To be completely honest, I sort of expected it when I made this thread but because nobody mentioned it, I genuinely forgot until now.

Nice to see the Forums be nice for once.

• Like 2

Makes me wonder what your specs are, that you're having trouble in the new areas. My rig is pretty middle of the road and also a handful of years old, but the new area runs silky smooth on max graphics just like the rest of the game.