Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Year in review: got no E-Mail for it :(

31 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Making this an e-mail instead of manual website click was a big mistake

haven't got mine yet

Yeah, I think last year were some website.

• Like 2

Their email provider tends to be a bit slow sometimes (it took 8 hours for mine to be sent to me) - this happens with their verification / 2FA email too unfortunately. I'd just give it 24 hours before posting about not receiving anything to give it time to send out the potentially millions of messages it needs to.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

Their email provider tends to be a bit slow sometimes (it took 8 hours for mine to be sent to me) - this happens with their verification / 2FA email too unfortunately. I'd just give it 24 hours before posting about not receiving anything to give it time to send out the potentially millions of messages it needs to.

You  understand, great. Whomever sent out the post didn't have the foresight to avoid the obvious kickback. 

I will say what I want and not let people get away with mistakes that you and I know the reason for.

Whatever, not picking a fight, but making excuses for someone who hasn't yet realized their mistake just lets them point at your knowledge potentially not even knowing what you meant and say "Look that's why." 

Not going to rescind a valid complaint when a clarification from their side is required. I get the whole community vibes thing but it goes too far when someone (not particularly you egregiously) tries to say well they didn't know and this (you freely helping them to get a reason) is the reason. That does not take them off the hook.

Really not upset at you or angry I used to do the same but I  will let you know that is how people take advantage of me (perhaps you too, hopefully not). 

44 minutes ago, rOaD_kIlL1 said:

Whatever, not picking a fight, but making excuses for someone who hasn't yet realized their mistake just lets them point at your knowledge potentially not even knowing what you meant and say "Look that's why." 

Not going to rescind a valid complaint when a clarification from their side is required. I get the whole community vibes thing but it goes too far when someone (not particularly you egregiously) tries to say well they didn't know and this (you freely helping them to get a reason) is the reason. That does not take them off the hook.

I'm a bit confused, maybe I should clarify - it's fine to post that you haven't received it (everyone is free to do so), but I'd recommend people wait 24 hours to follow up on it since it might be delayed. DE should probably include in their news post if it's slowly rolling out, or whatever the community expectation is - I can't speak for them and don't know if there's any other issue causing problems. All I know is that they've had reports on forums of emails (mainly 2FA) taking a while to send before, so I suggested waiting for the time being since it's a similar issue and that resolved it for those instances a lot of the time. I promise it's not that deep, no one is getting "kickback" or anything from posting, everyone just wants their year in review emails.