Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i feel like dante is too good ?

Xenevier

58 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

It's absolutely not a win for overguard, styanax now generates full overguard faster than dante, overguard regen is useless if you can't get a huge amount quickly, overguard is absolutely gutted on dante

I thought they just reduced the cap to his overguard? He should be regenerating more to fit the overguard cap...?
Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

my brother in christ i did not ask

You're the one yapping about a frame being able to kill star chart level stuff. Figured it might've been news to you, since it's been pretty obvious to the rest of us for quite a while now. Never played with a Titania in recent memory, I take it?

• Like 5

Just now, EdinaMonsoon said:

says the user who's been yapping non-stop for about 30 pages

I'm not the one telling people to shut up in the feedback forums.  That would be you.  

• Like 6

i hate the LoS, at least make final verse affect enemies already damaged by dark verse...

If u damage an enemy with dark verse and then turn back and cast final verse, the 4th skill will do nothing to those mobs.

Edited by Godli
  • Like 4

Just now, McRibbles said:

You're the one yapping about a frame being able to kill star chart level stuff. Figured it might've been news to you, since it's been pretty obvious to the rest of us for quite a while now. Never played with a Titania in recent memory, I take it?

i just shared my experience with dante since devs mentioned domination being one of the pillars for nerfing

2 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

I'm not the one telling people to shut up in the feedback forums.  That would be you.  

i didn't say shut up, i said i didn't ask

• Like 1

i just shared my experience with dante since devs mentioned domination being one of the pillars for nerfing

there is NO CHANCE they had stats to nerf him when he was out for 5 days, just face it they listened to forum whiners and everyone knows 

• Like 8

And they responded by telling you that half the frame roster can "dominate" at that level, so it's a weak point at the very best.  Which you responded to by telling him to shut up.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MrDugan said:

And where, in this massive pile of feedback they're not going to listen to is that response buried?  Not that it actually matters.  

It's on page 9, whether or not it falls under your approved metric of corporate speak is up to you.

1 hour ago, MrDugan said:

Y'all will eat up everything they say, and no matter how many times they prove to you that they're going to say one thing and do another, you'll still act like it's gonna be the truth this time.

Edit: I am an idiot

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TeaHands said:

whether or not it falls under your approved metric of corporate speak is up to you.

It was literally just an automated response that was almost verbatim exactly what was said in the dev short, which turned out to be...  less than the truth.

10 hours ago, TeaHands said:

And you're soooo right too, they never listen to feedback ever. That's why Netracell Drop Tables are the same as when they came out.

See, it's crazy, because the part you quoted from me doesn't say "feedback" anywhere.  Because I wasn't talking about feedback, or even them listening to us.  I was talking about this exact type of situation.  They say "tiny changes!"  and it's not going to be tiny changes.  But if someone preemptively makes a thread about the "tiny changes", people like you show up to parrot the devs and scream "tiny changes!" at the person complaining.  Because you believe them.  And I don't.  Which is why I said it wouldn't be like they said it would and...  It's not.  Instead of tiny changes it's 30+ pages of people angry about the not-so-tiny changes and multiple other threads that are getting swept up together as fast as the mods can go.  Looks a lot like they said one thing, which I called, and then they did another, which I called, and you believed them, and you can't process that I was right.

Edited by MrDugan
  • Like 3

Looking over the list of nerfs and buffs, at least on paper it sounds like Dante will still be in great shape.  Halving his Overguard seems fine because it was never coming close to empty in my play sessions anyway, and requiring some LoS for his kit seems healthy because without it his gameplay pretty much devolved into standing in a single central location while pressing 3-3-4 to kill everything within several rooms.

Looking forward to getting my hands on him to see if my experience will line-up with my interpretation of the notes.

Edited by UnstarPrime
  • Like 3

"My obviously overturned WF got an obvious nerf that anyone being honest and realistic could had seen a mile away. You removed my mindless, one sided slaughter! Exacerbating my God Complex is my fun!!"

Me:

200.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Maybe so but if people didn't gut his energy cost with having NEGATIVE Efficy then, they'll not have this problem

I have 145% EE, I use Equilibrium, have Arcane Enginze and I use Zenrik, I have ZERO energy issues unless I am doing something stupid and my PS is around (192%) and will be higher once I get shards into him and all they added was an LoS thing to stop you from nuking rooms you can't see.

What am I missing here?

well the LOS nerf is pointless has you need his 3 on them to nuke ....all the LOS on his 4 does is stop from nuking low levels 

and you need alot of strength for his 3s to hit decent so you can nuke with 4

cuz like we all keep saying he has LOS on his 3 and now 4 well is 4 couldnt nuke without his 3 that was LOS anyways and now is 4 is LOS that stop low level nuking thats it the nerf to the OG just makes it so we have to cast it more then in term makes him more energy hungry that just makes him less nice to use but still useable pountless nerfs imo and he didnt need the nerfs anyways 

Edited by ShaloomHD
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

See, it's crazy, because the part you quoted from me doesn't say "feedback" anywhere.  Because I wasn't talking about feedback, or even them listening to us.  I was talking about this exact type of situation.  They say "tiny changes!"  and it's not going to be tiny changes.  But if someone preemptively makes a thread about the "tiny changes", people like you show up to parrot the devs and scream "tiny changes!" at the person complaining.  Because you believe them.  And I don't.  Which is why I said it wouldn't be like they said it would and...  It's not.  Instead of tiny changes it's 30+ pages of people angry about the not-so-tiny changes and multiple other threads that are getting swept up together as fast as the mods can go.  Looks a lot like they said one thing, which I called, and then they did another, which I called, and you believed them, and you can't process that I was right.

To be honest with you, I misread that one, my B.

1 hour ago, JimothyStevens said:

I'm not concerned with the average strength overall. The problem is that today, they are nerfing dante into irrelevance. In the past, they nerfed the kuva bramma into irrelevance. Going on et cetera on many things. The power level required for the game continues to increase, and unnecessarily nerfing things into irrelevance now will just make them even more irrelevant in the future. 

This he’s supposed to be a support frame what the hell is he now useless. Line of site now and reduced overguard you can forget about using him to keep yourself or your allies alive in high level areas now smh

• Like 2

So to revisit:

1. None of the problems with overguard messing up people's builds and it getting applied repeatedly by dante in your team was actually addressed like anyone wanted.
  2. His final verse: tragedy, which could not nuke on its own at high levels, but relied on the LoS on his Dark Verse to prime, now also has to obey LoS for no real reason other than they were looking for things to nerf to make people happy. This just makes him feel clunkier to play.
  3. His birds now barely do anything worth talking about.
  4. Archon Intensify is now added to the list of mods made useless by overguard.
  5. His overguard buff now makes you regen more of it when dealing damage - making it harder to get rid of if you're trying to do so, and he'll be casting it more often anyway because he gets less of it per cast.
  6. his useless book summon is now half as useless
  7. his energy economy is basically tanked

So unless I'm missing something here, it doesn't look like anyone got what they wanted unless they literally just wanted to see this frame burn for no reason.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

my tragedy can clear whole tilesets on regular content so i can see them nerfing the radius on that

I mean, everything clears everything on regular content. Tragedy's not special in that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Waeleto said:

ISTG now they'll make an augment that says something along the lines of "tragedy now ignores line of sight" or "triumph now gains double overguard" 💀

And say they are doing it to give him more reliability.

53 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

my brother in christ i did not ask

You still got an answer though be grateful 

50 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

I thought they just reduced the cap to his overguard? He should be regenerating more to fit the overguard cap...?
Or am I missing something?

Which does nothing but make it so you have to use more energy to recast it over and over cause it’s been decreased so much that using it is pointless for anything other than low level content 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aruquae said:

This post aged like sour wine
And yes, I'm the one who's sour because of this

On the plus side his nerfs weren't terrible, a LoS on the ult, along with an overguard cap decrease, but he now regenerates overguard faster
I see this as a win for overguard

Mmm posca.

Could have been worse but I'm probably not feeling the sting as hard because I didn't run a full no efficiency build. I dunno. 

Still need to do tests but from what I've seen not as good but not Caliban tier.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

there is NO CHANCE they had stats to nerf him when he was out for 5 days, just face it they listened to forum whiners and everyone knows 

Or Reddit whiners  hell probably both smh ,I won’t be playing him anymore anyway since he’s useless now in high level content even more so than he was before. I enjoyed him because I love support type characters in games but now he can’t even do that let alone support himself in high level play what a disappointment but like I said they got there money from people buying him or buying forma to level him and they got peoples time from them farming him and spending time in the game so  the only ones who one are the whiners who got the nerf they wanted  and DE since they got all the people’s money

58 minutes ago, Kosynth said:

Guys its okay you can get 300 overguard/s

What?

34 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

Looking over the list of nerfs and buffs, at least on paper it sounds like Dante will still be in great shape.  Halving his Overguard seems fine because it was never coming close to empty in my play sessions anyway, and requiring some LoS for his kit seems healthy because without it his gameplay pretty much devolved into standing in a single central location while pressing 3-3-4 to kill everything within several rooms.

Looking forward to getting my hands on him to see if my experience will line-up with my interpretation of the notes.

On paper which is exactly the problem it’s always on paper and always turns out wrong he didn’t need any changes when there are several frames who are far better than him at what he does.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ShaloomHD said:

well the LOS nerf is pointless has you need his 3 on them to nuke ....all the LOS on his 4 does is stop from nuking low levels 

and you need alot of strength for his 3s to hit decent so you can nuke with 4

cuz like we all keep saying he has LOS on his 3 and now 4 well is 4 couldnt nuke without his 3 that was LOS anyways and now is 4 is LOS that stop low level nuking thats it the nerf to the OG just makes it so we have to cast it more then in term makes him more energy hungry that just makes him less nice to use but still useable pountless nerfs imo and he didnt need the nerfs anyways 

Useless is an understatement, he’s obliterated, it’s like they like making there communities angry for no reason.  They intentionally tell people just a tweak here and there and it usually ends if breaking things or makeing them worse which is exactly what has happened 

30 minutes ago, Anova3 said:

So to revisit:

1. None of the problems with overguard messing up people's builds and it getting applied repeatedly by dante in your team was actually addressed like anyone wanted.
  2. His final verse: tragedy, which could not nuke on its own at high levels, but relied on the LoS on his Dark Verse to prime, now also has to obey LoS for no real reason other than they were looking for things to nerf to make people happy. This just makes him feel clunkier to play.
  3. His birds now barely do anything worth talking about.
  4. Archon Intensify is now added to the list of mods made useless by overguard.
  5. His overguard buff now makes you regen more of it when dealing damage - making it harder to get rid of if you're trying to do so, and he'll be casting it more often anyway because he gets less of it per cast.
  6. his useless book summon is now half as useless
  7. his energy economy is basically tanked

So unless I'm missing something here, it doesn't look like anyone got what they wanted unless they literally just wanted to see this frame burn for no reason.

They did and now he is I enjoyed him for the what 3 days? That I had him I’ll just throw him into the void in my orbiter where alll the other nerfed and useless frames are now. They won’t ever see light and I don’t feed them either cause they don’t deserve it 

• Like 2