Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instantly Knowing Where The Demolisher is Kinda Kills Disruption

VISUAL FEEDBACK IS GOOD. CHANGING HOW THE MODE WORKS is BAD.

So the new disruption changes sounded really good when i heard them. What I heard was 'when a team member finds the demolisher the rest of the team will be notified' (no idea if that's what they actually said or what I just thought they said) - but I took it as basically just improving the system so that players don't have to try to put a waypoint down. Ok, great!

What we seem to have got instead is that as soon as you activate a conduit the demolisher becomes visible*

* this isn't precisely true but it is effectively true. to be more precise moving away from the conduit 5-10m is enough to detect it on almost all disruption maps, depending on spawn locations/distances

While this is a pretty helpful thing for people who maybe never played disruption before, and something I maybe wouldn't mind if it was just on Olympus for training purposes, or just on Armatus as a disruption variant - I really kinda hate it being the default mode of disruption.

Before disruption was an adventure, it had tension, suspense, exploration - even a little danger. Now it's press the button and run directly to the enemy.

Edited by CrownOfShadows
Edited for: "People who can't read good and do other things good too" - Derek Zoolander. (Added subheader, rest of post remains original)
  • Like 17

2 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

While this is a pretty helpful thing for people who maybe never played disruption before, and something I maybe wouldn't mind if it was just on Olympus for training purposes, or just on Armatus as a disruption variant - I really kinda hate it being the default mode of disruption.

IIRC this was done as a QoL thing for people who are hard of hearing and such, I mean, I myself am a person who likes things to be in the world itself, and I was personally fine with the old method, but I can see why certain groups would want/actually need this feature, and is not too out there as this is an established thing in other modes in the same game.

• Like 27

Personally I've never had trouble locating Demolishers, once you know a Tileset well enough you can tell which hallways the Demolishers are gonna come from.

this is a good change for those with hearing difficulties though, or people who just play with the sound turned way down. I wouldn't say it kills the mode for me either.

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, rahetalius4.2.0CE said:

but I can see why certain groups would want/actually need this feature

Eh, I really don't see this. You could accommodate the hearing impaired or people who just want music (me) without changing the way it works in the slightest. Yes, I suppose it fixes it, but it is not in any way needed to fix it.

• Like 2

I kinda agree. At this point the audio cue is totally superfluous. You know what direction the demo is coming from instantly, and can acquire them in about 5 seconds.

Feels like they went a little too far, but I also don't see them walking it back a bit, because it's related to accessibility.

• Like 2

I don't really agree about the suspension, before the change after 2 rounds you would already know in which direction it should come from for the conduit location making it pretty predictable so this QoL isn't really that bad.

It helps people that had trouble with it so that's good

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Before disruption was an adventure, it had tension, suspense, exploration - even a little danger. Now it's press the button and run directly to the enemy

My thoughts exactly. I hate this change.

• Like 2

I'm not too fond of Disruption demanding me to use headphones. This is a welcoming change for everyone. If you want to do that level of challenge badly, you can always turn off the HUD...

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 32

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I'm not too fond of Disruption demanding me to use headphones. This is a welcoming change for everyone. If you want to do that level of challenge badly, you can always turn off the HUD...

16 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Eh, I really don't see this. You could accommodate the hearing impaired or people who just want music (me) without changing the way it works in the slightest. Yes, I suppose it fixes it, but it is not in any way needed to fix it.

48 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Before disruption was an adventure, it had tension, suspense, exploration - even a little danger. Now it's press the button and run directly to the enemy.

Going a bit hard on superlatives there. You forgot "tedious" as well. Running into hallways hoping to hear the beep (hidden amongst Nora, Lotus or Alad telling you about their passionate lives), just for the demolyst to be found 300m away by a teammate and killed 5 seconds afterward while you're trying to reach him... Yeah, that's "tension", "suspense", "exploration" for sure

I'm also not sure where the "danger" is coming from though. I mean, just as dangerous as exterminate, survivals or defenses 

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 14

Yeah I have zero problem with updating it so that there's visual feedback instead of just audio - that was always bad and I've always had to shut off my music every time I started up a disruption which was irritating. Heck, add controller vibration support.

All of that has nothing to do with the issue I raised though. So specify what you actually are so pleased about:

1. You want visual feedback
  2. Or you want to change how disruption works to make it easier for you

Because it's very simple to keep disruption exactly the way it was and still add visual support.

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

"danger" is coming from though. I mean, just as dangerous as exterminate, survivals or defenses 

danger to the conduit

• Like 1

vor 26 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

This. 

• Like 9

Just now, (XBOX)K1jker said:

This. 

41 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

• Like 1

It didnt change how the game mode worked. Hearing the demo approaching already told you instantly where the demo is coming from. Everyone who was just listening to music instead now experiences how disruption was meant to be played from the start. The reason you instantly see the demo on the new disruption is because they spawn so close by. Other disruption nodes have longer travel distances so the way mark isnt there right away. It will be there when the sound effect starts playing though.

• Like 13

51 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Why don't you tell us how you'd change it or hand in your own suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

IIRC this change was designed and placed for people who are impaired, plain and simple as that. If you don't like it well, then I'm sorry but DE is not gonna change it on a whim, because a handful of players don't like it, this was a massively widely requested change for people who are impaired, this is how it's always been with DE and since it does fall under accessibility, the may not change it.

I've never had this issue with Disruption, since players tend to find the Demo almost right away and nuke it before I can even get the chance to see it xD

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

It didnt change how the game mode worked. Hearing the demo approaching already told you instantly where the demo is coming from. Everyone who was just listening to music instead now experiences how disruption was meant to be played from the start. The reason you instantly see the demo on the new disruption is because they spawn so close by. Other disruption nodes have longer travel distances so the way mark isnt there right away. It will be there when the sound effect starts playing though.

Sound information from the demolisher did not ever reach to the conduit. People had to search.

Demolisher necramechs do spawn very close by on Armatus, yes (probably because they designed it specifically to work with this change - which is in fact why I even suggested that it remain in it's current state on Armatus), but this change applies to all disruption not just Armatus. Demolishers are effectively immeditately in view on all disruption maps (I have an asterisk with details).

This fundamentally shifts the nature of this game mode. Before, the game mode worked as a search operation, a hunt and kill.

It now operates very differently. It's now run to target. There is no searching.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This change was designed and placed for people who are impaired, plain and simple as that. If you don't like it well, then I'm sorry but DE is not gonna change it on a whim, because a handful of players don't like it, this was a massively widely requested change for people who are impaired.

1 hour ago, CrownOfShadows said:

vor 5 Minuten schrieb CrownOfShadows:

Sound information from the demolisher did not ever reach to the conduit. People had to search.

Demolisher necramechs do spawn very close by on Armatus, yes (probably because they designed it specifically to work with this change - which is in fact why I even suggested that it remain in it's current state on Armatus), but this change applies to all disruption not just Armatus. Demolishers are effectively immeditately in view on all disruption maps (I have an asterisk with details).

This fundamentally shifts the nature of this game mode. Before, the game mode worked as a search operation, a hunt and kill.

It now operates very differently. It's now run to target. There is no searching.

There is the same amount of searching as if you had sound on previously. It was just locked behind having good hearing and no music. I felt no difference on lua disruption to before the change. The first sounds already happened from very far away.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Chewarette said:
1 hour ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Going a bit hard on superlatives there. You forgot "tedious" as well. Running into hallways hoping to hear the beep (hidden amongst Nora, Lotus or Alad telling you about their passionate lives), just for the demolyst to be found 300m away by a teammate and killed 5 seconds afterward while you're trying to reach him... Yeah, that's "tension", "suspense", "exploration" for sure

100% this

It went from lottery to dynamic gameplay. I kind of like it.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Okay, since you'll just copy and paste your response without giving your suggestion on how to change this, I'm just gonna write this off as if you don't wish to help impaired players then 🤷‍♂️

I mean, what else are others supposed to think?

• Like 22

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

or people who just play with the sound turned way down

or y'know... if you just want to listen to music while playing a game and not have to go out of your way just to hard concentrate so much on something just for it to work as a functional gamemode.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Okay, since you'll just copy and paste your response without giving your suggestion on how to change this, I'm just gonna write this off as if you don't wish to help impaired players then 🤷‍♂️

I mean, what else are others supposed to think?

Saw the bait. Didn't take it. You only wanted a suggestion so you could ridicule it.

• Like 1