PC Dante Unbound: Deep Archimedea: Hotfix 35.5.3

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, ArcticHelix said:

Nezha is just useless now. You give him a good augment to make him a viable nuker. But you nerf it and leave saryn untouched.

nope. still a very strong frame. status immunity (including knockdowns), 90% damage reduction, fast movement, crowd control, energy generation, damage increase, and the new augment is still very strong with a range build. stop overreacting when a minor nerf occurs.

• Like 12

hace 10 minutos, Kokogumi dijo:

Warframe already has too many nuker frames. We wouldn't want too many. Please understand. :^)

Yes, and most of them suck or are boring as hell to play.

Edited by TheraSenpai
  • Like 10

21 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

• While the “Divine Retribution” Augment Mod is equipped, the base range of Nezha’s Divine Spears is reduced by 50% (at all Mod Ranks).
    • We didn’t want to change the Mod in a way that would alter the functionality that makes it so effective, so we instead added a range reduction to keep its power within a reasonable level. 

Can we get a new augment for Ember that removes all LoS with the drawback that reduce her range by half?

• Like 8

still no fixes for these old bugs:

• unable to see each other in dojo thus not being able to trade
  • mag, mirage, mesa (and in very rare cases ash) locking their abilities (and sometimes weapons)
  • ash's 4 showing wrong numbers
  • slams from operator launching you in the wrong direction or failing
  • waypoints(multiple different bugs in different areas), codex/simulacrum scans,
  • yareli bugs
  • kahl getting stuck in a rampart on a "Junk run mission"
  • "More than MAX_REMOTE_OBJECT_ID replicated entities, out of IDs"  crash
  • Moonwalk after transference (it still happens)
  • Sanctuary Onslaught breaking if host migraton happens right before the portal spawns
  • Different enemy spawn issues:(I prob forgot something in this list)
      Hide contents
    • Not enough enemies spawning on railjack skirmish missions, resulting in inability to finish it.
    • Vomvalysts not spawning well if you run around the map too much
    • Dargyns spawning in wrong places on Koro (Kuva fortress assault)
    • Enemies not spawning well enough on most exterminate missions(railjack, zariman and new deimos tileset are an exception). This often results in inability to get 10 reactant if you reached the objective. Often you have to run back and forth near extraction so more enemies spawn so you can finish the mission.
    • Enemies can spawn right in front of you on Lua exterminate mission(might be a feature). Same with thraxes on void cascade.
    • Enemies don't spawn after wave 570 of arbitration defence(might've been fixed, but it's hard to test it)
    • On very rare occasions a LOT(like 100) of enemies can spawn in one of the vaults of Archon spy mission on Jupiter.
    • On netracell missions: if your map has a U-shape generation(room where you kill enemies is at one end of this U), enemies can spawn on the other side of this "U", which can be up to a kilometer away.

also pls fix those cascade/thrax bugs:

•   Hide contents
    • in cascade clients often can't see some of the void tears they cleared (this is very rare for hosts)
    • for clients, some thraxes(probably self-revived) can look like ghosts, but act like in a regular form and being immune to status effects and some abilities(can be damaged in warframe tho)
    • if you kill thraxes' physical form when they start recapturing an exoliser, they may still keep recapturing it while transforming into the ghost form.
    • thraxes are shown as invincible(grey healthbar) when they are actually not
    • sometimes killed(in physical form) thraxes can become invisible and invincible in a ghost form. they can only be noticed by sound and a minimap marker. this is quite rare, but it has ruined some people's void flood missions.
    • in very rare cases thraxes can become immune to any form armor strip(this is not the case of bug with 14 corrosive stacks)
    • in very rare cases thraxes can become invisible and invincible in a physical form, which lets them recapture exolisers
    • in rare cases there can be an invincible(but visible) ghost thrax that is doing nothing near an exoliser
    • in some cases exoliser can stop spawning at al l(same condition as exoliser delays below: 3-3-3 or 3-3-4 tile and doing it fast)

exoliser wrong order(skips and jumps, and delays):

• exoliser skip: instead of going in order 1-2-3-4 in a certain room, they go in the order of 1-2-4 or (1st skipped) 2-3-4. this bug is quite common
    • exoliser jump: usually happens to skipped exoliser: instead of order 1-2-3-4, it goes 3-1-2-4(3rd spawns before other three). this bug is quite rare
    • exoliser delay: when the 30s exoliser spawn timer reaches 0, it says that new exoliser has spawned when it actually hasn't. usually next exoliser spawn after the next 30s(rarely after 2 delays in a row).
      this happens very often if you do the mission fast enough in a squad and the total amount of exoliser spawn points is low(for example if you have rooms with 3, 3 and 4 spawn points).

Also during netracells if you have a U-form tile enemies can spawn up to 1km away, which makes the mission obnoxiously long

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Enemies with Crowd Control immunity (ex: Overguard) have had the following interactions removed: 

• Frost's Ice Wave Impedance Augment (specifically the frozen trail that slows them)
  • Rhino’s Stomp (slow effect)
  • Primary Obstruct (weapon jamming)
  • Exodia Epidemic (enemy suspension)
  • Zenurik Temporal Drag (slow effect)
  • Wisp’s Breach Surge (blind)
  • Halikar (disarm)
  • Mesa’s Muzzle Flash (blind)
  • Proboscis Cernos (stun and pull)
  • Mag’s Counter Pulse Augment (robotics disabling and disarm)
  • Mag’s Fracturing Crush Augment (immobilization) 
  • Malicious Code (immobilization) 

This is beyond beating a dead horse, it's just a lump of red paste at this point

CC is already #*!%ing useless compared to simply killing enemies, & you are nerfing it even more

• Like 56

Why not buff other things instead of nerfing? ( didnt even like dante)

Nezha was fun for for a week, now shes on the back burner. Awesome. 

Would love to see more attention to older frames... LESS NERFS MORE BUFFS

• Like 37

And to think that I was finally very positive about an update and interested in a new warframe. Good work DE. I'm not even mad, just disappointed. As always. 

• Like 36

vor 25 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

Final Verse’s “Tragedy” now only affects enemies within Line of Sight.

• This felt like the most reasonable change to Tragedy since it could be cast back to back without much forethought on positioning. So to make it a more active ability, enemies must now be within range in your Line of Sight to be impacted by it. 

I thought you didnt want to nerf him by much? What happened to that?

• Like 52

25 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Arca Triton’s “Slam Capacitor” Buff Changes & Fixes: 

With the changes we made to Slam Attacks in the Dante Unbound Update, the Arcan Triton in particular benefitted from the overall buff to Slam Attacks thanks to its Unique Trait “Slam Capacitor.” Since Slam Attacks are now entirely Radial Damage, scale with Mods, and have a 2x Multiplier applied across all Melee weapons, Slam Attacking with the Arca Triton was leading to ludicrous damage numbers (even reaching into the billions). 

With that in mind, we’ve made the following two changes to bring it back to a more balanced state:  

1. Changed Slam Capacitor’s Slam Damage buff from multiplicative to additive. 

• Before: Each Slam Capacitor charge multiplied base Slam Damage by 2 up to a max of 10 charges, which would total out to a 1024x multiplier. A combination of the multiplier at max and the buffs we made to Slam Attacks allowed players to ramp up to those unruly damage numbers in no time. 
  • Now: Each Slam Capacitor charge additively stacks the base Slam Damage up to a max of 10 charges. For comparison sake, it calculates similarly to the Seismic Wave Mod, but at max charges grants a +1000% damage Slam Damage increase.

2. Changed Slam Capacitor’s charge duration from 20 seconds to infinite. 

• Before: Charges expired after 20 seconds unless they were refreshed by killing enemies or using them.  
  • Now: Charges are now stored indefinitely, meaning you can use them at any point without having to constantly refresh them. 

While we were investigating the Arca Triton for the above changes, we found other elements that we can change/fix: 

• Slam Attacks performed in Stance Combos for the Arca Triton no longer consume Slam Capacitor charges.
    • They were always ineligible to receive the buff in the first place, which meant they were consuming charges without any benefit. So now, you can continue to perform your Combos without worrying about the charges being consumed accidentally. 
  • Fixed an issue where one player doing a Slam Attack with the Arca Triton would clear everyone else's Arca Triton charges in the Squad. 

@Skoomaseller as i know you are a certified arca triton BONK enjoyer

how does this make you feel

• Like 7

Never wrote here before but yeah the change to Dante is extremly idiotic and i don't even play him even when he was a Nuke Frame.
Destroying your own Game is probably a thing you like to do. Harsh words maybe but it is what it is.

• Like 37

7 minutes ago, NovaLP said:

Let's see, I highly doubt that tho

Anyone that doesn't have a reactor and at least a solid build on all their frames and several weapons of primary/secondary/melee is going to be severely hindered. For anyone who's sunk time into each frame and multiple loadouts, it'll be annoying but absolutely doable.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ArcticHelix said:

Nezha is just useless now. You give him a good augment to make him a viable nuker. But you nerf it and leave saryn untouched.

Nezha was good even before Divine Retribution existed, and the augment is still powerful.  It just means putting more consideration into the build.

• Like 7

The range nerf on divine retribution is negligible on small tilesets and detrimental on big tilesets.

Should have left the range the same and nerfed the damage output instead. Now you still oneshot everything but just within a smaller radius...

Slashing his overguard gain by more than half is not exactly what I'd call a small nerf. Takes me more than 1 third of my energy just to get my max over guard up now. And that's with +45% efficiency and primed flow.

Edited by Dusk_Knight
  • Like 26

Could you please fix heavy Slam damage in a group where you are not the host, the damage simply doesn't work for the necramech demolishers

but if I play alone or I host the group then it works

they go down immediately

please fix it as quickly as possible, I don't feel like spending all the time looking for a new group and leaving again 

and i was hoping you have fixed it now but it still doesn't work 

Edited by -sir-AgentLost
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

GI Lighting Changes & Fixes: 

• Increased the overall luminosity of the Orbiter to better account for shadows and player’s Decorations.
  • Improved lighting in the Orbiter Arsenal by balancing the shadows so that they aren’t so dominant. 
    • This was a prevalent feedback point from players as it was causing colors to appear darker than what is seen in the color palette, making it rather difficult to fashionframe. 
  • Improved lighting in the walkway of the Transference room to fix the lighting looking blocky.
  • Improved the lightning when transitioning between the Landing Craft and the Orbiter in the Drifter Camp. 
  • Fixed broken lighting on the portal between the Landing Craft and the Orbiter in the Drifter Camp. 

Still bugged: in the transition to the crafting area, the room look really bright, but giving one more step, the room goes back to the dark version that was before this hotfix

Also, the arsenal lighting doesn't work when you actually use it, its still dark, which is funny because you can see a spotight, but when using it, the light stays "behind" and not over the player characterimage.png?ex=662166de&is=660ef1de&hm=15fimage.png?ex=66216722&is=660ef222&hm=609image.png?ex=66216723&is=660ef223&hm=95b

• Like 6

"we recognized that it’s not the damage Dante can deal that needed to be addressed" 

*massively nerfs the damage Dante can deal anyway with a LoS check that's bugged to boot

Edited by ZacDaMan
  • Like 54

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

Nezha was good even before Divine Retribution existed, and the augment is still powerful.  It just means putting more consideration into the build.

The consideration in question being even more casting speed? There are still the same 4 range mods to choose from

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Changed the Polarity of the Dreamer’s Bond Aura Mod from Madurai to Universal, as promised in the Whispers in the Walls: 35.1 Update where it was introduced! 
    • What this means is that it will increase Mod capacity regardless of the Polarity of the Aura slot. 
    • Since this Aura Mod is awarded from completing the Earth to Venus Junction, we wanted to make it that much more new player friendly and useful across Warframes. 

What a great change! :) 

Wasn't necessary for Excalibur Umbra, but what would be nice is if Radial Javelin was a pseudo-exalted :)

It would really seal the deal on the starter/free Warframe kit for those new players (and old). 

• Like 3

Dante's self overguard feels weak now when you compare it to the amount Kullervo gets especially considering how Kullervo's ability costs significantly less energy wise and deals damage to nearby enemies. I feel like the overguard to self was fine, but I think the decrease to allies makes sense. I just tried using this with a high strength build and it took 3 casts of Triumph to get to the amount of overguard I used to get from 1 cast before. This means that instead of taking 1/3 of my energy it now takes almost all of it to an equivalent amount of overguard to Kullervo

I also don't like LOS in warframe since its inconstant when used. I just tried out the new version of tragedy and it wasn't hitting enemies that were obviously visible and felt like they should have been hit because they were partially blocked. Its also annoying when everything is moving (usually at high speed). Even if it was directional, I think that would be better than LOS though an AOE makes more sense still since it is theoretically a sound based ability.

Based on what Reb said, this was intended to be a minor tweak, but in actuality seems like a major nerf to the frame. "tweak" implies its relatively small and shouldn't change overall play the changes listed here are not a tweak but a major nerf.

• Like 39