Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you consider the best sounding/animated secondary(ies)?

Hi All,

I rarely use secondary's on my build as I only really liked a few, mainly being the Akmagnus's sounds reload animations etc. and the twin gremlins for my Rhino tools of extinction build lol.
Anyone else have suggestions for cooler sounding/animated secondary weapons I want to begin pulling them into my builds more and exploring solo secondary builds etc.

I was always hoping for dual ak pyrana's to finish my Hydroid pirate get-up but sadly never came to life :( (yes I know about the ghost hand of prime but it's not the same and does not feel consistent).
Edited by Project-Faolchu

Hmm.. Come to think of it. A lot of secondaries are a miss in the sound department for me.

Much as I like Aksomati it's got that high pitch crack an AR 15 22mm has and I hate that sound.
I prefer booms like a .357 Magnum. Lex is close but pretty dated in sound design.

Dex Furis has a nice sound if I recall. Bolto series is classic to my ears. Akjagara are satisfying.

Problem with some of these weapons is the original Vs Primes. Like original Soma Vs Prime. Still prefer the original's sound.

• Like 1

Interesting question. When it comes to Primaries, I have a pretty solid and long list of my favourite sounding weapons. Secondaries though? Less time and consideration. 

I do quite like the Epitaph. the alt fire sounds like a spectral swhish, like its a creaking splash, and the main fire is like a more built up slicing version. I also like the energy beam sounds of Nukor and Atomos, but Atomos Incarnon even more since you stilll get the beam but also get the Incarnon form version too. 

Quite like the Magnus Prime, Vasto Prime, for more traditional classic gun sound design. I also can't remember the exact sound of it of the top of my head so easily right now, but I think I quite like the sound of the Athodai getting head shots and then getting its buff activated and how it sounds in that mode. I need to revisit that weapon now we have more Secondary Arcanes. Likewise the Knell Prime and its buff (but I think I preferred the sound of the Athodai more, but the buff of the Knell more). 

I think some of the Kitgun Secondaries had fun sound design, I just can't remember them enough anymore. 

Detron Toxo with mandatory Blast. 
Spirex is ok too but only on alt. Zymos easly the "worst"
Athodai Grakata Cyanex, Sonicor with a really good proj speed riven with curse AND Zephyr tailing winds. 
Very fun in combination with little fire rate buff and infi ammo, goes like *IEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Oh noes, Twin Kohmak, Marelok, Twin Rogga, Zakti, Velox, Akstiletto, Sepulcrum, Aegrit, STUG, Kulstar, Hystrix, Cycron, Brakk, Cyanex, the MIGHTY SEER, Afuris, Staticor.

39 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I think some of the Kitgun Secondaries had fun sound design, I just can't remember them enough anymore. 

I'm quite fond of Fraggleguts, and Vermispicegirl.  Actually the one I like the best of all is Gaze, but I can't think of a music joke to make of that one that's not horrendous.

• Like 1

Oh man, can't believe I forget the Sepulcrum. For the longest time I compared that weapon (unfairly) to the Trumna, but its pretty fun and the sound design is great. 

11 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm quite fond of Fraggleguts, and Vermispicegirl.  Actually the one I like the best of all is Gaze, but I can't think of a music joke to make of that one that's not horrendous.

How about GazeInLove. As in you know? Crazy In Love by Beyonce? GazE sort of sounds like crazy? Oh no, you are right, its horrendous. 

• Like 1

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Aruquae:

I love the reload sound the Tenet Cycron makes

And the primary fire sounds like a high tech alien taking a piss

exactly that. and the best thing is, it's unlimited ammo! This makes it very, very pleasant to play. and weapon has usable damage and headshots are possible!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952pr7wsoo76hutcdmhzyi

• Like 1