Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

What is the point of even playing this game anymore?

Ok, go ahead and call me a crybaby and a noob and an entitled deadbeat but I have to vent.

Deep Archimedea makes me question why I even play this game anymore. This is the third week of this mode and the third week in a row I got completely shafted by RNG loadouts. Nothing I got so far was even remotely viable to get me to Elite and I always had to pick another frame and at least one decent weapon so I can at least clear the regular three missions. But this week even that wasn't possible because of the Mirror Defense mission, which just always fails. It also doesn't help that apparently nobody plays this mission anymore because I just don't get a full team in matchmaking, it simply does not happen.

I have played this game a lot for some time now, got to LR4 und obtained and built a lot of powerful gear. Of course I didn't keep all the garbage around because who can afford all the platinum for the slots, let alone put a catalyst and five forma in EVERYTHING? But that seems to be the exact requirement for this mode and that is just plain bad design. Because what was the goal of playing this game over the past few years? Chasing power in the form of warframes, weapons, mods, arcanes and archon shards. And people have long yearned for a "true endgame" to actually use all that power. Now this supposed endgame is here and what does it do? It takes everything we farmed for away from us on an RNG basis.

So, what did I play this game for all this time?
What did I farm all the incarnon guns for?
What did I farm all the kuva/tenet weapons for?
What did I forma all those guns for and put several forma on them?

Apparently just to be told I can't use them. This already bugged me in the Circuit but at least with decrees you could turn everything into an AOE-slash-nuke but this right here is just terrible. Imagine if other games did this. Just put yourself in the shoes of a WoW-player who farms high ilvl epic items to gear up for the next raid and when that raid comes he has to roll the dice to learn that he can only play the raid when he's wearing all greens.

All the time farming all this stuff feels wasted right now and I have no motivation to go on. If this is the philosophy of endgame going forward I just won't bother anymore, because what's the point?

• Like 41

20 minutes ago, CDexWard said:

Because what was the goal of playing this game over the past few years? Chasing power in the form of warframes, weapons, mods, arcanes and archon shards.

I could agree with you if loadout restrictions were added to the existing game modes. But DA is a new, additional mode. You can still play Disruptions, Survivals and Void Cascades using arsenal that clears the room full of enemies.

34 minutes ago, CDexWard said:

And people have long yearned for a "true endgame" to actually use all that power. Now this supposed endgame is here and what does it do? It takes everything we farmed for away from us on an RNG basis.

I think a lot of people have unreasonable expectations about making 'endgame' content in WF. How do you want to create a meaningful challenge in the game where you can be unkillable God that destroys level cap units? The only way is to put some limitations on that power. Now, it would be bad to put these limits in the existing game modes. So devs added a new one.

21 minutes ago, CDexWard said:

This is the third week of this mode and the third week in a row I got completely shafted by RNG loadouts. Nothing I got so far was even remotely viable to get me to Elite and I always had to pick another frame and at least one decent weapon so I can at least clear the regular three missions.

It's hard for me to imagine having unviable RNG loadout for 3 weeks straight.

22 minutes ago, CDexWard said:

But this week even that wasn't possible because of the Mirror Defense mission, which just always fails.

Mirror Defense definitely needs some fixing. Yesterday there was some fix deployed for it but I didn't check if it actually makes any difference.

46 minutes ago, CDexWard said:

It also doesn't help that apparently nobody plays this mission anymore because I just don't get a full team in matchmaking, it simply does not happen.

I finished last 2 EDA runs using public matchmaking. And I failed couple of times. So I joined multiple different teams. Also, when I use recruit chat, I see a lot of "H/LF EDA".

• Like 7

7 минут назад, NOsPL сказал:

I finished last 2 EDA runs using public matchmaking. And I failed couple of times. So I joined multiple different teams. Also, when I use recruit chat, I see a lot of "H/LF EDA".

As a reccurring activity on a weekly basis EDA shouldn't be troublesome in having people in public matchmaking. However, you have to run non-elite archimedea only once in a lifetime, so I wouldn't expect many people to be there at any given time.

• Like 1

Expecting a player to have 10-15 frames and 30-50 ready to go weapons is okay.

Expecting everything to be ready to go and invest into some random thing that popped out for 1 specific mode?
Just nope. It's a bad design.

Make players to prepare a "deck" for the randomizer, people would still need some variety and won't be able to one trick pony.
If they don't have enough gear->then autofill the rest, if they have it- either don't do anything or place some random things in the last slot , not multiple .

But getting full rng without an ability to reroll like duviri and also getting multiple unowned weapons in each slot? Don't let me get started on this.

• Like 20

7 hours ago, CDexWard said:

Ok, go ahead and call me a crybaby and a noob and an entitled deadbeat but I have to vent.

Deep Archimedea makes me question why I even play this game anymore. This is the third week of this mode and the third week in a row I got completely shafted by RNG loadouts. Nothing I got so far was even remotely viable to get me to Elite and I always had to pick another frame and at least one decent weapon so I can at least clear the regular three missions. But this week even that wasn't possible because of the Mirror Defense mission, which just always fails. It also doesn't help that apparently nobody plays this mission anymore because I just don't get a full team in matchmaking, it simply does not happen.

I have played this game a lot for some time now, got to LR4 und obtained and built a lot of powerful gear. Of course I didn't keep all the garbage around because who can afford all the platinum for the slots, let alone put a catalyst and five forma in EVERYTHING? But that seems to be the exact requirement for this mode and that is just plain bad design. Because what was the goal of playing this game over the past few years? Chasing power in the form of warframes, weapons, mods, arcanes and archon shards. And people have long yearned for a "true endgame" to actually use all that power. Now this supposed endgame is here and what does it do? It takes everything we farmed for away from us on an RNG basis.

Apparently just to be told I can't use them. This already bugged me in the Circuit but at least with decrees you could turn everything into an AOE-slash-nuke but this right here is just terrible. Imagine if other games did this. Just put yourself in the shoes of a WoW-player who farms high ilvl epic items to gear up for the next raid and when that raid comes he has to roll the dice to learn that he can only play the raid when he's wearing all greens.

All the time farming all this stuff feels wasted right now and I have no motivation to go on. If this is the philosophy of endgame going forward I just won't bother anymore, because what's the point?

I'm LR3.   I have 59 frames and 450 weapons.  We do exist.  

• Like 7

If anything Deep Archemedea should give you a reason to play more because its content to work up towards.

4 hours ago, BR31 said:

Expecting everything to be ready to go and invest into some random thing that popped out for 1 specific mode?

Make players to prepare a "deck" for the randomizer, people would still need some variety and won't be able to one trick pony.
If they don't have enough gear->then autofill the rest, if they have it- either don't do anything or place some random things in the last slot , not multiple .

But getting full rng without an ability to reroll like duviri and also getting multiple unowned weapons in each slot? Don't let me get started on this.

Its expects you to play together more than anything.
You can also heavily rely on your Necrmech and warframe build outside of that.

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BR31 said:

I like this take. It's very relatable, and it makes complete sense to mostly everyone.

Forcing people to effectively waste time & resources on forma'ing/potato'ing sub-par weapons for 1 or 2 specific game modes is not a good reason to justify the random loadout restrictions (includes increasing their sales), it never will be.

Like, why on earth would I want to waste my time & resources on refining sub-par weapons for extremely niche situations? It just doesn't make sense.

Not gonna lie, being able to reroll at least the loadout restriction part sounds pretty damn good and I'm all for it. (That's assuming if we can get at a guaranteed minimum 1 or 2 strong weapons that we use a lot in general missions' usage statistics)

Edited by RogueSyndiva
We're having fried chicken tonight.
  • Like 18

Yeah the 3 times I played it I haven't had fun because of boring or bad choices.. it's gonna be months/years to get a roll of equipment I actually enjoy using. For one week. 

Never liked RNG in duviri, won't ever enjoy it anywhere else. 

• Like 12

En 18/4/2024 a las 14:25, CDexWard dijo:

It also doesn't help that apparently nobody plays this mission anymore because I just don't get a full team in matchmaking, it simply does not happen.

Apparently, the gamemode is so "fun" that everybody plays it on Monday like a pill that you need to take, and then forgot about it. If you don't play it at the start of the week, its very hard to find people playing it.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:

Apparently, the gamemode is so "fun" that everybody plays it on Monday like a pill that you need to take, and then forgot about it. If you don't play it at the start of the week, its very hard to find people playing it.

Exactly. Because people play it for the reward and the reward only. Especially since it doesn't give any repeated rewards once you've done it once this week and just have to wait for the reset. But "randomizer adepts" will come in and defend this like fanatics, creating conflict in any thread that's criticizing the thing - going as far as telling you to "just abandon the rewards, if you don't want to participate in the randomizer". Yeah, in a mode where people only play for the rewards, right? All while they're also refusing to create their own threads, with positive feedback about how and why they think it's good. It just shows they are simple hypocrites who blindly defend anything that DE gives them - even if it's bad.

Edited by _Kit_Kat_Cat_
  • Like 13

On 2024-04-18 at 2:25 PM, CDexWard said:

But this week even that wasn't possible because of the Mirror Defense mission, which just always fails. It also doesn't help that apparently nobody plays this mission anymore because I just don't get a full team in matchmaking, it simply does not happen.

As much as I hate the randomized loadouts as well, that's just not true in my experience. You could literally play this gamemode with one of the worst warframes and without using the weapons you got. Just use your archgun, on call crew and specters. ( Mirror defense was no issue at all as long as you don't let necramechs spawn. Last weeks assasination was WAY worse requiring you pretty much to have both a good frame and weapons and additionally locking out teammates once they are dead because the void angels spawn outside the boss fight area. 

38 minutes ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

But "randomizer adepts" will come in and defend this like fanatics, creating conflict in any thread that's criticizing the thing - going as far as telling you to "just abandon the rewards, if you don't want to participate in the randomizer". Yeah, in a mode where people only play for the rewards, right? All while they're also refusing to create their own threads, with positive feedback about how and why they think it's good. It just shows they are simple hypocrites who blindly defend anything that DE gives them - even if it's bad.

Who are you talking about. What kind of straw man is that. I am sure no one enjoys not being able to use the gear of their choice but endless complaints are unlikely to get you anyhwere. You also don't need to abandon all rewards. Unselecting one modifier will still grant you all the important (time gated) rewards. 

44 minutes ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

Exactly. Because people play it for the reward and the reward only. Especially since it doesn't give any repeated rewards once you've done it once this week and just have to wait for the reset.

Of course people play stuff for the rewards. No one replays sabotage without searching for any the hidden caches just because they like the gamemode. Personally never had any issues with the matchmaking so far I have always been able to get full squad every time I played with other people. I think a great idea to fix both the "required randomized loadouts" would be granting players a small amount of further progress upon subsequent completions. That would still make choosing the random loadouts rewarding by saving time while also allowing everyone get all the rewards with how many of the modifiers as they are comfortable choosing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OggerAZ said:

Who are you talking about. What kind of straw man is that. I am sure no one enjoys not being able to use the gear of their choice but endless complaints are unlikely to get you anyhwere. You also don't need to abandon all rewards. Unselecting one modifier will still grant you all the important (time gated) rewards. 

Just look through a few other threads in this section - especially the ones criticizing the RNG gear. They are all over those threads. These "randomizer adepts" go as far as saying - "But you don't have to participate in the rng gear at all... just go with your own gear and abandon those extra rewards". They come to these threads to troll and create conflict, to create an aura of pseudo-elitism about themselves that they agree with anything DE gives them, even if it's bad game design... They do that instead of starting their own threads, where they'd post positive feedback, about how they liked this, why they liked this, etc. No no no, that's not why they are here.

• Like 10

Honestly, i liked the bug that was with Deep Archimedea. Loadout Changes Daily. That gave me a chance to atleast get my Rare (Gold) Tier reward and-
oh its a new week. ~5 weapons, i do not have and 2, no Forma Incarnons, and a no Catalyst, no Forma, Ghoulsaw.
i failed at Mirror Defence. due to these ''Liminus'' Giving me no fighting chance.

Makes me question why was i excited for this Game mode (Deep Archimedea).
Yes its a new endgame, yes its a challenge, but for meh rewards and feeling of wasted time of my day?
No. Thanks.*
*Edit: Well, seems like i was whining. Trinity 2nd Ability carried me to Elite DA unlock.

Edited by Eedu777
Update.
  • Like 9

hace 1 hora, Eedu777 dijo:

Yes its a new endgame, yes its a challenge, but for meh rewards and feeling of wasted time of my day?

The rewards are the best... you can get several tau shards... or a big bunch of melee adapters and regular buyable arcanes xDDDD Thats painfully bad.

• Like 3

On 2024-04-18 at 5:25 AM, CDexWard said:

I may have been lucky, but I had a couple of full squads earlier today.  I imagine it'll get pick up more this weekend. 

You might also try recruitment.  It looks fairly active, although it's a PITA skimming through it because of the different keywords people use.

On 2024-04-19 at 12:59 AM, RogueSyndiva said:

Forcing people to effectively waste time & resources on forma'ing/potato'ing sub-par weapons for 1 or 2 specific game modes is not a good reason to justify the random loadout restrictions (includes increasing their sales), it never will be.

Like, why on earth would I want to waste my time & resources on refining sub-par weapons for extremely niche situations? It just doesn't make sense.

Clearly the randomizer isn't going away anytime  soon.  2 updates using it already. It also has the some of the strongest stuff locked behind it. It does make sense for DE and  its probably selling plenty of slots, formas etc...   $$$$$

There comes a time when there isn't much else to do besides refine frames and sub-par weapons.  Resources become trivial eventually.  This mode is a boon for those players who collect everything and have plenty of resources. If you're a player on a budget or prefer to only use the best stuff. It's going to be tough. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nelsconey said:

Clearly the randomizer isn't going away anytime  soon.  2 updates using it already. It also has the some of the strongest stuff locked behind it. It does make sense for DE and  its probably selling plenty of slots, formas etc...   $$$$$

There comes a time when there isn't much else to do besides refine frames and sub-par weapons.  Resources become trivial eventually.  This mode is a boon for those players who collect everything and have plenty of resources. If you're a player on a budget or prefer to only use the best stuff. It's going to be tough. 

Or just have people go pub leeching, creating insane amounts of toxicity in the community. Just because the game-mode forces them to not contribute(via RNG gear), in order to get the rewards.

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+

• Like 11

On 2024-04-18 at 2:25 PM, CDexWard said:

Hey, hit us up when we're online and we'll carry you.

3 hours ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

Or just have people go pub leeching, creating insane amounts of toxicity in the community. Just because the game-mode forces them to not contribute(via RNG gear), in order to get the rewards.

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+

I'll give you leech pass.

• Like 5

If you find it boring, then stop playing, why bother? No one is forcing you, there are plenty of people who are having a good time.

Some game modes themselves are designed for those who have nearly fully mastered the game. Why do you feel like you've mastered this game?

I'm LR3, and I have almost all the warframes & weapons. I can’t say I have complete mastered. I try to use different loadouts to complete the missions everyday, and if I haven’t formatted any of the weapons that come out this week, I’m going to do it.

Games need to stay challenging, buddy.

-

14小时前 , Nelsconey 说:

If you're a player on a budget or prefer to only use the best stuff. It's going to be tough. 

I couldn't agree more. 🤷‍♂️

-

Maybe most of the people who enjoy this game don’t come here very often? 

• Like 2

On 2024-04-18 at 7:25 AM, CDexWard said:

But this week even that wasn't possible because of the Mirror Defense mission, which just always fails.

I am not trying to brag here, but I had my easiest EDA mirror defense yet this week because I spammed specters. I’m LR4 and sitting on hundreds of unused specter blueprints, so I’ve started crafting them. Having one of each of the eximi and a cosmic/force WF specter of your choosing really help take the pressure off, even if they don’t do any damage. 

My current EDA quibble is with assassinate. It just becomes unreadable VFX spam and instant kills if you don’t have a damage gate frame.  Each time I’ve fought it, either I’ve been a Revenant or we’ve had one on the team to maintain Mesmer Shield…. except once, when we had a Dante making sure everyone had an overguard gate. If this is the way forward, more frames need access to party wide damage gates. 

Fun?

If the gameplay is not fun to you, no amount of rewards will make up for time spent on the gameplay you do not like. Especially considering the rewards are also used in the actual gameplay.

If game is a chore for you, maybe leave?

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

one thing I have learnt over my time in this game is to have a little patience. DE release things then after a while with feedback tweak things here and there. I managed TNW with something close to rage quits but a cup of coffee to cool down and think I got thru it in a reasonable time. not fast not easy but a feeling of satisfaction once done and relief to get back into the regular game. This new content I have not yet entered as I have plenty of other objectives here and there to keep me occupied. Also it is designed to be difficult and whilst randomized frames and weapons is a new spin DE seem to be playing with I do find the occasional surprise as many weapons I simply levelled for the Mastery points and never used again. my surprises are that being forced to use older weapons and frames I am discovering that many were not so bad at all and the challenge of getting thru objectives with loadouts that are not common in my regular gameplay are to an extent refreshing even if at times frustrating.

• Like 2