The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The next reworked frame

vor 34 Minuten schrieb stormy505:

Bruh. I remember doing a bug report back in like, late 2022 for this. I really thought it would be fixed by now. Welp.

But bug report first has to reach the technical department of the employees of the big boss from China.........
So I haven't written bug reports for many years because everything ends up in nirvana. because................ if you ignore the problem long enough, it will solve itself???????????????????? ?????? or how many bugs have there been since 2013? well. the whole thing is very sad...

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Upset because you said something is useless which just isn’t relax yourself silly goose lol.

crazy thing is i was actually trying to politely end the conversation because we are just going to begin to agree to disagree you got tilted kinda lame lol

If you saying it`s not useless that means overall (I'm assuming). It is useless because of bladestorm, lame? silly goose? says the one that got upset and admitted it, again get over yourself.

Edited by (PSN)NinjaBlade626

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, (PSN)NinjaBlade626 said:

If you saying it`s not useless that means overall (I'm assuming). It is useless because of bladestorm, lame? silly goose? says the one that got upset and admitted it, again get over yourself.

Provide proof of me getting “upset” and me admitting lol, again I’ll repeat it shuriken in team play can be useful this is not hard to understand, if the team isn’t running an armour strip ashes seeking shuriken can strip ie useful this is super basic.

If you assume this is me admitting me being upset lol “Upset because you said something is useless which just isn’t relax yourself silly goose lol” it was a statement a sarcastic one at that you got pressed because i politely said don’t quote me again in your post because we were approaching agree to disagree territory the conversation wasn’t going further.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

12 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

But bug report first has to reach the technical department of the employees of the big boss from China.........
So I haven't written bug reports for many years because everything ends up in nirvana. because................ if you ignore the problem long enough, it will solve itself???????????????????? ?????? or how many bugs have there been since 2013? well. the whole thing is very sad...

Always report bugs when you find them since DE is constantly fixing what is getting reported. Sure, not everything gets fixed, but not reporting helps no one. I reported a couple of things last year aswell as filling in bug feedback in some already exsisting reports on the forums. All of those got fixed rather quickly.

The main question is if people report things properly? Since there are plenty of people upset about unfixed bugs while at the same time trying to use support as the bug report function, when in reality the bug sections of the forums are to be used.

• Like 1

On 2024-05-13 at 10:33 AM, Raarsi said:

Anyway, now that nearly a month has passed since I brought up anything in this thread and I've had plenty of time to go through some frames I haven't touched in some time, I'm still not completely sure who would be next. 

After reading the thread through again, and touching on a few frames, this is where I'm at. Pretty much the reason I made the thread.

I'm still convinced Banshee needs work. Silence is the only good consistently working ability she has. Atlas, Calibad and Valkyrie are all in the same boat to varying degrees. Equinox could use some streamlining or simplification, but she's still working fine. So any one of those I suppose.

I can't believe people think Nyx needs a rework.100% slept on.

5 hours ago, pwnSacrifice said:

After reading the thread through again, and touching on a few frames, this is where I'm at. Pretty much the reason I made the thread.

I'm still convinced Banshee needs work. Silence is the only good consistently working ability she has. Atlas, Calibad and Valkyrie are all in the same boat to varying degrees. Equinox could use some streamlining or simplification, but she's still working fine. So any one of those I suppose.

I don't really think atlas belongs in the same category as the others. He has issues that'd be nice to be looked out. But his performance is pretty solid. Like, he's similar to Octavia where their design isn't great but they clear content pretty well.

I feel like the people saying he's bad haven't tried to use him post duviri/incarnon/ceramic dagger. 

Equinox kinda depends how they change the status/armor system. Cause currently her KPM gets neutered if you don't have full armor strip. And from a design perspective, she usually builds for 2 of her 7 abilities AT MOST. 

but my preference is to fix the frames that have performance problems first before we tackle the frames with just design problems.

I have an extremely low opinion of Nyx.

Like, before you could argue that even if her armor strip has an enemy cap of 6, 9 with the augment, it's still better than no strip. But we live in a world where you can subsume Pillage, Terrify and Tharros strike onto any frame. Like... Frost, a frame considered bad by some people (I disagree) has a fairly large AOE armor strip + 200 Crit damage and Crit rate, Freezes them, and it doesn't have an enemy limit and doesn't go away do to the ability getting nullified or casting another 4. It's hard to look at Nyx's armor strip in comparison to like, a frame that people have a low opinion on in comparison.

Nyx's CC is also... not great. I think CC's are undervalued... but hers are kinda... eh. Like, good cc abilities group enemies, strip armor, give you extra damage on enemies, stop them moving. Nyx's doesn't even fully stop them from moving or dealing damage to Nyx/objectives.

One of the things she had before was okay survivability, even if your movement was kneecapped. Building for her 4 augment gives okay survivability. But now we live in a world with shield gating. Most frames can use it alright cause they either have ability spam or good innate survivability with CC (or other tools) so they don't have to spam abilities that don't want to be spammed. Nyx doesn't really want to spam any of her abilities. And again her innate survivability relies either on self kneecapping movement or a meh cc that doesn't fully stop damage.

She's not Cali... but yeah I think she's on the list imo.

8 hours ago, pwnSacrifice said:

Banshee's sorta in that same category as Nyx in being slept on since Sonic Boom with her augment is still one of the most efficient full armor strips in the game and Sonar still does its job for the most part.  The only real issue with her is that her only defenses are in her CC capabilities, which sadly isn't worth as much as it used to be these days.

I'm still convinced that Caliban is also fine and the only problem is that players have no clue how to use him because they keep insisting that he's either a nuke frame and everything he has is prioritized to do damage (which only Fusion Strike is) or that he's supposed to be some sort of pet frame because they fail to realize that Lethal Progeny is just a flak maneuver that gives him shield restoration.

As for Nyx, the only real issue is that she's a pacifist frame: not a whole lot of damage, but still bearing some of the strongest CC in the game with Chaos.  Maybe if Psychic Bolts had more bolts going out and had at least one of the bolts from it aimable, that'd be nice.  Absorb could probably get the Stalker treatment too (and probably ramp up its damage multiplier), but there's not much reason to use it.

3 hours ago, stormy505 said:

I don't really think atlas belongs in the same category as the others. He has issues that'd be nice to be looked out. But his performance is pretty solid. Like, he's similar to Octavia where their design isn't great but they clear content pretty well.

The only parts of Atlas's kit that still functions well enough these days are Landslide and his passive.  His Rubble mechanic is complete garbage when you consider that there are at least a couple of frames these days that can snap their fingers and instantly have 1500 armor while Atlas has to waste a ludicrous amount of energy just to keep that sort of bonus active, Tectonics is only barely effective for personal defense and fighting enemies conveniently crammed in a hallway, Petrify would be effective were it not for the cost even as a helminth ability (not even factoring in that it costs a third of his base energy max) and Rumblers barely even do anything since the nerfs to ally AI.

And don't even get me started on his Rumbled augment.  Melee attacks have a distance of maybe two inches and ranged attacks only scale off your ability strength rather than your equipped weapons.  You're sacrificing all of your weapons and even your ability to jump at all for the only source of overguard with a limited duration that can't stack with itself like other sources do.  If that's not the single worst augment mod in the game, it's easily a top contender.

13 hours ago, pwnSacrifice said:

She enjoyed a brief period of being useful when steel path first launched. We didn’t have a lot of access to easy armor stripping then, and overguard hadn’t yet arrived to take a massive dump all over CC frames. 

Now I think she’s overrated. And for a frame as unpopular as Nyx, that’s really saying something. Her 1 is lol.  Her 2 is clunky and limited, easily outclassed by 3 Helminth options. Her 3 is unreliable and it’s also CC, which is devalued.  Her 4 is either utterly useless (without augment) or not worth using (with augment) due to other tank frames achieving functional immortality without the heavy costs Nyx has to be to get similar results. 

Still though, I would put Limbo ahead of Nyx for a rework. A frame with as much grief baked into his kit as Limbo shouldn’t be allowed to exist in an online multiplayer game. Couch co-op?  Sure. But not with randos online. 

• Like 2

As much as Banshee needs attention I feel like they'ed have to change Sonar.  Which might upset a lot of people who like her.  I think her and Loki are both stuck in perma irrelevancy.  Same with Limbo even though I love his kit.  Caliban is the obvious one so I'll go with Oberon.  Pretty much a functional kit in it's bones, just really held back by numbers and cast dependency.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Knight Raime said:

As much as Banshee needs attention I feel like they'ed have to change Sonar.  Which might upset a lot of people who like her.  I think her and Loki are both stuck in perma irrelevancy. 

I love Banshee and Sonar, and I'm one of the people you predicted would be upset. However, since your reasoning isn't clearly stated, I can't argue against it. I don't even know whether you think Sonar is too strong and needs to be nerfed, or if you think it's weak and needs to be buffed.

If your statement meant that Sonar is too strong and should be adjusted, I feel it has become difficult for me to argue against that recently.  I recently enjoyed using Banshee with a transplanted Pillage, where Combustion Beam showcases devastating destructive power.

https://twitter.com/aminisi_wf/status/1791117411686748469
( Apologies for the Japanese tweets and videos )

Combustion Beam causes chain explosions like NOVA's Molecular Prime, annihilating groups of enemies. In practice, I don't carry a primary beam weapon; instead, I equip Combustion Beam on my sentinel's Verglas. As a result, with the Duplex Bond, I have three laser turrets that automatically search, aim, and attack enemies with chain-exploding beams, eliminating them for me. Additionally, it generates a large number of energy orbs.

A Sonar-focused Banshee naturally uses abilities 1 to 3 times per second, as if firing a semi-auto weapon, to maintain shield gating. So, I can naturally achieve this. At the very least, I don't think Banshee is weak, and I believe her evaluation has been improving recently, but I'd appreciate it if you could clarify why you think she needs to be reworked.

Posted (edited)
On 2024-04-22 at 12:47 AM, Mr.Holyroller said:

The only correct answer is Oberon.

Its so bad people forget he exists 

I've been using him for Elite Archimedea and he does surprisingly well with Smite Infusion and the Renewal augment. Main problem I find with him is balancing range, duration and strength, as he kind of needs a lot of all three.

On topic, I'm not sure Caliban needs a full rework. His only really useless ability is the first one. The others just need a few functionality tweaks. I really like that his 4 is a literal archon ability!

Trinity or Banshee feel very much left behind these days.

Edited by Nira

If I were to pick a frame that I like to fix I'd say titania needs some work to make her more user friendly and clean out the junk, I can't for the life of me remember which in the rotation of her 2 are the useful ones, her 1 is basicly pointless cuz the attack part of it does F all, her 3 is forget able, and her 4 is about the only thing people actually use. You see the issues here?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aminisi said:

I love Banshee and Sonar, and I'm one of the people you predicted would be upset. However, since your reasoning isn't clearly stated, I can't argue against it. I don't even know whether you think Sonar is too strong and needs to be nerfed, or if you think it's weak and needs to be buffed.

If your statement meant that Sonar is too strong and should be adjusted, I feel it has become difficult for me to argue against that recently.  I recently enjoyed using Banshee with a transplanted Pillage, where Combustion Beam showcases devastating destructive power.

https://twitter.com/aminisi_wf/status/1791117411686748469
( Apologies for the Japanese tweets and videos )

Combustion Beam causes chain explosions like NOVA's Molecular Prime, annihilating groups of enemies. In practice, I don't carry a primary beam weapon; instead, I equip Combustion Beam on my sentinel's Verglas. As a result, with the Duplex Bond, I have three laser turrets that automatically search, aim, and attack enemies with chain-exploding beams, eliminating them for me. Additionally, it generates a large number of energy orbs.

A Sonar-focused Banshee naturally uses abilities 1 to 3 times per second, as if firing a semi-auto weapon, to maintain shield gating. So, I can naturally achieve this. At the very least, I don't think Banshee is weak, and I believe her evaluation has been improving recently, but I'd appreciate it if you could clarify why you think she needs to be reworked.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for talking about sonar.

It's really hard to design content in the game where sonar is relevant but not broken. If we had a single target mission that had a truly leviathan amount of hp where banshee would do a lot of work against by stacking sonar and hitting the damage cap. Then she'd be borderline required for that piece of content which de obviously wants to avoid. But if people can clear with okay weapons + buffs in the same time that it takes banshee to apply sonar and take advantage of it, then she won't be picked for speed and comfort reasons even in hypothetical single target content.

And in horde content, sonar setup will let you do more damage but it's KPM is definitely not up there cause of application time. Ignoring survivability and comfort.

There's also the fact that DE wants to design bosses without immortality phases. So they make sonar either not nearly as effective or completely useless in a lot of new single target content.

Like, the piece of content where sonar is allowed to be relevant is final confrontations with liches/sisters. Banshee will speed up the clear time a bit especially for people with worse weapons and gear. But it's a slim margin when you factor in total mission time cause some frames kill the lich slightly slower but move THAT much faster.

I enjoyed her back when I was farming kuva weapons. But post eximus rework, her survivability got worse since gloom silence setup got nuked.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

I'll throw my hat in the ring for talking about sonar.

*Snip*

This is 100% the issues with sonar. I think it's neat in concept but in practice it's just a nothing burger.

On fodder it's the definition of overkill and anything I want to use it on, it doesn't work (liches excepted).

Add in sonic boom being a much worse shuriken, sound quake being dead since 2018 and silence being her helminth (although it's quite good) I have a hard time not thinking Banshee needs work.

I'm curious what players like @aminisi who enjoy Banshee think might be some good changes. 

To be clear, I don't think we have "bad" frames, just some that have less functionality than others. Even Caliban can work in most content.

2 hours ago, Star700 said:

If I were to pick a frame that I like to fix I'd say titania needs some work to make her more user friendly and clean out the junk, I can't for the life of me remember which in the rotation of her 2 are the useful ones, her 1 is basicly pointless cuz the attack part of it does F all, her 3 is forget able, and her 4 is about the only thing people actually use. You see the issues here?

I can agree that her 2 needs a functionality tweak. It's the first two buffs by the way. Her 1 is used for status immunity. Her 3 works now, but it's a build around. Her 4 is the most fun in Warframe (for me).

2 hours ago, stormy505 said:

And in horde content, sonar setup will let you do more damage but it's KPM is definitely not up there cause of application time. Ignoring survivability and comfort.

It's incorrect to say that Sonar's KPM is low.
Firstly, you are forgetting about the existence of sentinel clones. With Sonar, they function as ferocious killing machines, eliminating enemies more efficiently than a mediocre squad.
Secondly, Banshee can attack and move while activating Sonar, so her own annihilation efficiency doesn't decrease. This would take a long time to explain, so I would appreciate it if you could look at my explanation.

https://overframe.gg/build/613610/banshee-prime/effortlessly-kill-steel-paths-enemy-with-a-weaponless-bansheewith-video-explanation/

It's true that Banshee's damage boost is excessive.
However, being excessive isn't a bad thing. The excessiveness creates comfort, enjoyment, and new synergies like Combustion Beam and sentinel clones.
Even the poorly-received Resonance Quake, when combined with Terrify, can kill even steel Grineer with Sonar's damage boost. It's also fun to combine with other frames' AoE abilities.
She can also be active in Deep Archimedea, strengthening the squad's weapons without mods to a practical level or leaving the annihilation of enemies to sentinels without using weapons.
My recommendation is to play steel path fissures with Banshee in random matchmaking. In my experience, at least once every four times, there are surprised voices regarding the damage boost. That's very enjoyable. (However, it also means that Banshee's recognition is low.)

In the first place, most Warframes have excessive power. In the end, I think it's a matter of what type of excess you prefer.
Even Torid, which is highly regarded for its ease and power, requires aiming, reloading, and Incarnon evolution, making it not as easy as it's believed.
Pressing Sonar once a second and having sentinels kill enemies without aiming is one of the comforts in a different direction from Torid. And that comes with a unique enjoyment.
(In practice, movement is necessary to avoid AFK penalties and recover energy.)

1 hour ago, pwnSacrifice said:

I'm curious what players like @aminisi who enjoy Banshee think might be some good changes. 

I believe Sonic Boom has reasonable performance as a 1st ability. The quick knockback has its uses with splitting and enemy movement.
A little while ago, it was convenient as it stripped 33.3% of armor with one use, but it was nerfed, perhaps because DE thought Banshee was too strong.
If I were to wish for something:

- Sonic Fracture: Long-press the button to strip armor without blowing enemies away
- Fix the behavior where enemies affected by Sonar's effect don't appear on the map when they are far away
- Silence: Somehow make it possible to narrow the range
-- When the range is wide, it only stuns enemies far away, reducing annihilation efficiency, so I only use it when dealing with acolytes, etc.
- Resonance Quake: Long-press the button to deal damage without blowing enemies away
-- Currently, the knockback reduces annihilation efficiency, so it can't be used casually in squads. On top of that, the worst is the bug where enemies disappear from the map.

That's about it. To this extent, Banshee won't become too strong, and personally, it will become more comfortable for me.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, pwnSacrifice a dit :

I'm curious what players like (at)aminisi who enjoy Banshee think might be some good changes. 

There have been many and many propositions.

Mine, a long time ago, was to :

1) Give Sonic Boon a chance to disarm enemies (perhaps 25% scaling with strength), to give her more survivability or at least a 100% chance of 10 stacks of Blast status (not sure if this will be still ok with the incoming Blast rework).

2) Give Sonar the possibility to highlight enemies through walls. Currently, we have the Drifter third ability (Target Radar) in the New War quest that does that very well. The funniest thing is thet there is an in game tip that asks you to use you Codes scanner to see enemies through walls. !? A Sonar is much more capable of doing this. And, most of all, make the highlighted areas correspond to the areas really affected by the damage multiplier.

3) Make Silence open enemies to finishers while under the stun phase (currently, the Augment is needed).

4) Give Sound Quake some mobility or give us the possibility to go on operator mode (like with Hyldrin's Aegis Storm) and give it some Status Effect chance.

il y a 4 minutes, aminisi a dit :

A little while ago, it was convenient as it stripped 33.3% of armor with one use, but it was nerfed, perhaps because DE thought Banshee was too strong.

Not really a nerf. It was a bug, that became a non documented feature, reported for more than an year and finally fixed last month (I was hoping this would become a real feature, but the devs decided otherwise). There was another bug (undocumented feature) that was there for a very long time and got fixed last year : Resonating Quake was costing only 25 energy.

il y a 6 minutes, aminisi a dit :

- Silence: Somehow make it possible to narrow the range
-- When the range is wide, it only stuns enemies far away, reducing annihilation efficiency, so I only use it when dealing with acolytes, etc.

I mostly use Silence with high range : removing eximus abilities and CCing other enemies with Sonic Boom.

Silence is much more than a stun ability and works much better with high range than with low range, except for some specific builds, specially when paired with Sonic Boom : enemies will ingore you if, when they get up after Sonic Boom, they are silenced and you are not under their line of sight.

Most of all, Silence and Sound Quake has the same range, providing the possibility to create a big area where normal enemies are totally CCed and Eximus are unable to use their abilities : making Banshee the perfect support against Eximus on some missions.

• Like 2

First off, both of you have fantastic feedback. If anything I would want your voices heard concerning what  Banshee needs.

Like I said, I don't think we have any "bad" frames. Given the right situations, Banshee is indeed fantastic. My hope would be for her to maybe be fantastic in more situations. I got to go with aminisi on silence range, but otherwise I love all your suggestions. This is the stuff I came here for. Banshee isn't even my number 1 for work anyhow. Atlas and Caliban are both worse off (and dare I say Chroma? Maybe? It's close) in my opinion.

I just want to see what Pablo can do with these frames as he's gotten me playing and enjoying every frame he touches. Like I actually play Grendel and Inaros now, and while Hydroid's not my cup of tea, He's damn good and I don't avoid him.

• Like 1

Limbo:

His is function in the game has been reduced to either a perfect score in Index or farming OG Trinity.

His abilities are so niche at this point he's become a community joke.

The problem imo is "all or nothing"

He needs a re-work, or in my real opinion, a complete overhaul, to the effect of abilties being degrees, rather than binary.  He really is a unique frame, like Nidus. Really outside the box. I get the feeling Pablo just might be a little intimidated by the prospect of toying with this guy. It needs to happen though.

12 hours ago, AegidiusF said:

Not really a nerf. It was a bug, that became a non documented feature, reported for more than an year and finally fixed last month (I was hoping this would become a real feature, but the devs decided otherwise). 

I was aware of that, and it was half a joke. But the other half points out that in Warframe, bugs are often turned into features. If Banshee was truly recognized as weak by DE, there might have been some consideration. I'm relieved that the fix was done without hesitation. (There's also a possibility that they thought consideration was unnecessary simply because there are few users 😞 )

13 hours ago, AegidiusF said:

3) Make Silence open enemies to finishers while under the stun phase (currently, the Augment is needed).

I mostly use Silence with high range : removing eximus abilities and CCing other enemies with Sonic Boom.

Do you know that in Savage Silence specialized builds, it's popular to decrease Ability Range with MODs? Currently, the compatibility between Sonar specialized builds that want to increase Ability Range and Savage Silence that wants to decrease it is the worst. Also, the stun from Silence occurs every time an enemy enters the effect range. Therefore, if the effect range is short, you can keep nearby enemies stunned just by moving back and forth, making it even more effective. My Banshee can survive with shield gating, so I don't need the stun or the ability sealing effect. The only thing I'm afraid of is Malice's Magnetize in defense missions. Therefore, I feel that the demerits of enemies becoming harder to approach due to the stun outweigh the merits of the ability sealing effect, so I basically don't use Silence. I thought that removing the stun would be too personal and wouldn't gain sympathy, but surprisingly, many people might benefit from something like "long press to not stun".

6 hours ago, pwnSacrifice said:

My hope would be for her to maybe be fantastic in more situations.

My hope is for people to know that Banshee is already a fantastic frame. Certainly, a Rework is one of the nice things. However, I think the process of a frame that was thought to be weak being re-evaluated is even more wonderful. A Rework has the potential to ruin that process. On Reddit, I've been seeing more and more counterarguments when someone posts that Banshee is weak. The popularity of the Green Banshee meme might also be a tailwind.

I honestly wouldn't like to see Banshee or Trinity changed. Just because a Warframe isn't this trendy "does every role by themselves" setup doesn't mean they're bad. Banshee is the strongest solo-leveling platform for weapons and Amps, and she clears enemies quite well with Resonance and Gloom. Trinity is still an excellent support with good single target DPS using Energy Vampire. I'm really tired of Warframes that are designed to just do everything, and they basically feel the same in practice even though each one has a different flavor or theme.

The way I look at reworks for a Warframe is whether they are in a state like Inaros used to be. That award would go to Atlas and Valkyr. These Warframes have had their identifying abilities robbed by Helminth, and their other skills just don't feel promising to use over subsuming their own ability on another Warframe.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I honestly wouldn't like to see Banshee or Trinity changed. Just because a Warframe isn't this trendy "does every role by themselves" setup doesn't mean they're bad.

I'd be more in favor of smaller tweaks for a frame like Trinity or Banshee than complete overhauls.  I don't think there's anything wrong with modernizing Trinity's kit by changing some/all of her animations from full-body to single-hand.  She could also use some duration boosts to her buffs.

And all Banshee really needs is a different 4.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I'd be more in favor of smaller tweaks for a frame like Trinity or Banshee than complete overhauls.  I don't think there's anything wrong with modernizing Trinity's kit by changing some/all of her animations from full-body to single-hand.  She could also use some duration boosts to her buffs.

And all Banshee really needs is a different 4.

Same. I'm against a Warframe rework though. Slight stat tweaks are of course needed on basically every Warframe ever. DE is just really slow to see these cases and make adjustments. Animations take a bit more time, but those are part of it as well. I'm a big Nova player, and I'd just like Neutron Star nerfs to be reverted just for her and Escape Velocity getting power strength scaling. Those kinds of changes I don't consider "reworks".

• Like 1

On 2024-05-14 at 1:47 PM, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Provide proof of me getting “upset” and me admitting lol, again I’ll repeat it shuriken in team play can be useful this is not hard to understand, if the team isn’t running an armour strip ashes seeking shuriken can strip ie useful this is super basic.

If you assume this is me admitting me being upset lol “Upset because you said something is useless which just isn’t relax yourself silly goose lol” it was a statement a sarcastic one at that you got pressed because i politely said don’t quote me again in your post because we were approaching agree to disagree territory the conversation wasn’t going further.

Get over yourself

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Le 18/05/2024 à 05:02, aminisi a dit :

I was aware of that, and it was half a joke. But the other half points out that in Warframe, bugs are often turned into features. If Banshee was truly recognized as weak by DE, there might have been some consideration. I'm relieved that the fix was done without hesitation. (There's also a possibility that they thought consideration was unnecessary simply because there are few users 😞 )

I agree with you. When Sonic Boom started to strip armor up without the augment, I first thought that it was some rework that slipped in the update and I was pretty glad and I hoped it to become a feature. Unfortunately...

Le 18/05/2024 à 05:02, aminisi a dit :

Do you know that in Savage Silence specialized builds, it's popular to decrease Ability Range with MODs? Currently, the compatibility between Sonar specialized builds that want to increase Ability Range and Savage Silence that wants to decrease it is the worst. Also, the stun from Silence occurs every time an enemy enters the effect range. Therefore, if the effect range is short, you can keep nearby enemies stunned just by moving back and forth, making it even more effective. My Banshee can survive with shield gating, so I don't need the stun or the ability sealing effect. The only thing I'm afraid of is Malice's Magnetize in defense missions. Therefore, I feel that the demerits of enemies becoming harder to approach due to the stun outweigh the merits of the ability sealing effect, so I basically don't use Silence. I thought that removing the stun would be too personal and wouldn't gain sympathy, but surprisingly, many people might benefit from something like "long press to not stun".

The "melle Banshee" was one of my favorite builds in the past. I still have it (Banshee is the only frame that made me buy all the config slots possible), but I started to use Savage Silence with Marked for Death (even after the nerf) that works pretty good. And the great avantage of Savage Silence low range build is that you can get two buffs at the same time : the finisher buff from the mod and the melee attack buff from stunned ennemies.

I totally agree that Banshee's specialized builds are uncompatible.

Malice's Magnetize is not a real problem : just roll and it goes away. As soon as you listen the the ability sound, roll like a barrel on Donkey Kong 🐵😂 and everything will be ok.

Me, on the other hand, I use Silence all the time : it's my favorite ability. So confortable and so unique. Of course, it's not everybody's opinion, but I really like it.

I'm not against a rework, but in my opinion, only Banshee's 4th is in need of some changes. The other abilities are nice, even though they are a bit "old fashioned".

By the way, it's always nice to find other Banshee lovers here 🤩, even though my favorite warframe is still Trinity (I still have the same favorite frames since 2018 : Trinity, Banshee and Nyx).

Le 17/05/2024 à 22:48, pwnSacrifice a dit :

This is the stuff I came here for. Banshee isn't even my number 1 for work anyhow. Atlas and Caliban are both worse off (and dare I say Chroma? Maybe? It's close) in my opinion.

I totally agree. Trinity, Banshee and Equinox just need some tweaks and updates, but Atlas, even though he is super powerful, needs more than some tweaks in my opinion. Caliban is even more in need of a rework : the devs said to wait till Tennocon for some news on Caliban, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by AegidiusF
  • Like 3