The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet Glaxion is promising

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Magician_NG:

Very much looking forward to having a Cold / Magnetic / Radiation / Corrosive...Glaxion.

Could be special.

what chance? The whole thing hardly makes sense on paper

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

One thing I'm wondering is the following.

Tenet Glaxion will have innate cold (go me captain obvious!), but what will happen if we get toxin as the proginator stat? Will that permanently make the gun deal Viral, or will that still only count as another mod? I cant remember how it works on the other tenet weapons with innate elements and single proginator element ontop of it. My assumption is it will be cold+toxin combing into viral until we start adding mods. So corrosive+viral+heat wont be possible for instance.

Bonus and innate damage types are treated as "ninth-slot mods" and follow a HCET order for mixing

• Unmodded will be Viral since the bonus mixes with the innate
  • Toxin comes last in order, so your first mod will always mix with Cold
  • If you want any combos that treat Toxin or Cold before mods, like Corrosive + Heat, you would need to put toxin and cold mods in front of the heat mod
    • Except in this case, pure Heat would be impossible because you already have a Toxin and Elec mod, which would make the Heat mod mix with the innate Cold. If you went for Viral Heat, the cold would carry over and Heat would be left alone
  • Radiation, Magnetic, Impact don't affect the mix, for obvious reasons
Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Bonus and innate damage types are treated as "ninth-slot mods" and follow a HCET order for mixing

Ah! I didn't know there's a order to the elements! This explains why different progenitor weapons combine differently. What a stupid system! Thank you very much for enlightening me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pakaku said:

• Unmodded will be Viral since the bonus mixes with the innate
  • Toxin comes last in order, so your first mod will always mix with Cold
  • If you want any combos that treat Toxin or Cold before mods, like Corrosive + Heat, you would need to put toxin and cold mods in front of the heat mod
    • Except in this case, pure Heat would be impossible because you already have a Toxin and Elec mod, which would make the Heat mod mix with the innate Cold. If you went for Viral Heat, the cold would carry over and Heat would be left alone
  • Radiation, Magnetic, Impact don't affect the mix, for obvious reasons

That is what I suspected, didnt know about the HCET order though. Good to know and thanks!

This thread got me thinking why WF's current meta is in such a nebulous state: Primaries should deal primary sources of damage. Secondaries should FEEL like sidearms (priming being a valid function). Archguns haven't felt impactful since the introduction of the Galvanized Mod sets for primaries.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Trollocaustic:

WF's current meta

which meta then...? and how can there even be meta here when it comes to random trash content like lab weekly or sp circuit.......................?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-13 at 6:56 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

True, i think they should explore the "The longer you hold the Trigger, the more damage it does" gimmick more,

I'd love to see more infinite body penetration ones.

9 minutes ago, Trollocaustic said:

Primaries should deal primary sources of damage. Secondaries should FEEL like sidearms (priming being a valid function)

According to whom? Surely not the meta?

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

which meta then...? and how can there even be meta here when it comes to random trash content like lab weekly or sp circuit.......................?

Lookup the most popular builds for any high-end weapon on Overframe.gg and tell me if yo ucan find anything oustide of Heat+Viral+Slash

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

It'll be held back by its mediocre crit stats, which impede its ability to scale into actual content.

Beam weapons do really well with high status chance and a lot of multi shot. If it chains like other beam weapons it will scale fine. 

• Like 7

I'm excited for it! Just the ability to play around with so many different statuses, and because I do actually like using Cold builds. Plus you know beam beam skrr skrr! 

That being said, not sure whether I am going to try and hunt down a Tenet Glaxion first or a Kuva Sobek first. Been waiting for the latter far longer... Either way, will be playing a lot of Warframe this weekend to max out both these weapons. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I'm excited for it! Just the ability to play around with so many different statuses, and because I do actually like using Cold builds. Plus you know beam beam skrr skrr! 

That being said, not sure whether I am going to try and hunt down a Tenet Glaxion first or a Kuva Sobek first. Been waiting for the latter far longer... Either way, will be playing a lot of Warframe this weekend to max out both these weapons. 

Glaxion because Sobek wont allow you to crack bad Mr. Freeze one liners infront of the screen as you skate through the maps in cool fashion with an icy attitude, a cold shoulder approach towards the enemies as you chill them to the bone and make them shiver down their spine as they scream for the sweet release of death and not the sweet taste of ice cream.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Beam weapons do really well with high status chance and a lot of multi shot. If it chains like other beam weapons it will scale fine. 

Status doesn't scale, my guy.

5 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

in sp circuit already

Circuit is irrelevant to balance discussion, as literally anything works in there (even on SP) due to Decrees being obscene.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Hexerin:

Circuit is irrelevant to balance discussion, as literally anything works in there (even on SP) due to Decrees being obscene.

not because this is exactly where many problems become extremely visible. no matter whether survival, damage, ammunition etc...

And you have to get to decrees first.... not everyone wants to be a parasite and hope that others do all the work...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Tell me you don't use beam weapons without telling me you don't use beam weapons 

If you think that status scales, you clearly don't play post-game SP.

Posted (edited)

i will make a lich with toxin....build to radiation (fire+light) and let the innate cold+toxin doing corrosive damage.

Corrosive+radiation.

Edited by Vaml77

10 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

i will make a lich with toxin....build to radiation (fire+light) and let the innate cold+toxin doing corrosive damage.

Corrosive+radiation.

That would be viral radiation.

• Like 1

I'm happy the Synapse can still kill quite well after all this time. Used to love that thing back in the day! Doesn't do mobs so well nowadays but punch through helps.

41 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

If you think that status scales, you clearly don't play post-game SP.

Ooh, what's post-game SP?  Is that like an extra-hard RL mode after I logoff Warframe.  Are the rewards a lot better, or is it mostly just bragging rights?  :P

(Assuming you're talking about SP Endurance though, Berzerkules knows quite well what works there.)

• Like 4