The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Leaving After One Round

I'm comparatively new to Warframe (just over 600 hours but all in the past year) so is there a reason why people keep leaving endless missions after the first round?

Wave 5 comes along during defense and one or more of the people on the team bail almost every mission. Today I'm trying to farm Oxium and it's started to get frustrating.

Am I doing something to annoy my teammates or is this just an eccentricity of the player base? Should I just go back to playing solo?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WubletJones said:

I'm comparatively new to Warframe (just over 600 hours but all in the past year) so is there a reason why people keep leaving endless missions after the first round?

Wave 5 comes along during defense and one or more of the people on the team bail almost every mission. Today I'm trying to farm Oxium and it's started to get frustrating.

Am I doing something to annoy my teammates or is this just an eccentricity of the player base? Should I just go back to playing solo?

Defenses missions are longer than many other endless missions although a good (premade) team can nuke the map and progress quickly. 

We experience this 5 min and extract types in nearly every game mode.

In most mission types there is incentive to stay until at least Rotation C but most people have no concept of how this works. 

My best suggestion to alleviate the all too common "gunna leave at 5" type player is to go to recruiting chat or organize with your clan mates. In this way you can organize synergized warframes to farm efficiently and for the amount of time you've agreed to. 

• Like 7

vor 3 Stunden schrieb WubletJones:

this nerfs especially in sp circuit. I always wait until there is something playable and hope for 10-14 rounds. But there are enough people who just want to reroll Loadout

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Your best chance at staying longer, even though not guaranteed, is to do Fissure missions. If there is one that grants Oxium, hop in there, usually people tend to stay 4 or 5 rounds. That will have the double benefit of grinding for Oxium simultaneously with other resources (Primes, Plats, Formas etc).

Starchart's regular (and SP) missions are usually done to complete the node for mastery.

As a general advice - don't focus "simple" resources, try to grind them while doing something else (as said above, while doing Steel Path Alerts, Fissures, Kuva siphons...), it will be more efficient.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 6

That's a good idea, I'll try and expand my focus a bit, and I should be doing more fissures anyway.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Your best chance at staying longer, even though not guaranteed, is to do Fissure missions. If there is one that grants Oxium, hop in there, usually people tend to stay 4 or 5 rounds. That will have the double benefit of grinding for Oxium simultaneously with other resources (Primes, Plats, Formas etc).

Starchart's regular (and SP) missions are usually done to complete the node for mastery.

As a general advice - don't focus "simple" resources, try to grind them while doing something else (as said above, while doing Steel Path Alerts, Fissures, Kuva siphons...), it will be more efficient.

Was quoting this post but messed up the quote function lol

I do appreciate all of the suggestions!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

this nerfs especially in sp circuit. I always wait until there is something playable and hope for 10-14 rounds. But there are enough people who just want to reroll Loadout

Loudout has nothing to do with it. It is simply not time effective to go over 5th round in SP circuit. Mission completion time increases but you do not get bigger prizes.

Edited by Zakkhar

vor 1 Minute schrieb Zakkhar:

Loudout has nothing to do with it. It is simply not time effective to go over 5th round in SP circuit. Mission completion time increases but you do not get bigger prizes.

not exactly that. they leave after the 1st round

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:
5 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Time doesn't increases significantly. If I have some armor strip and good weapon/frame (especially combo) then I will stay longer. Watching end screen, loading into orbiter, watching unscipable (because why not!) "Success screen" and going into Duviri again is much more consuming. Then you get meh frame/weapon combo. If your team is bad as well then you have maybe few rounds.

To be honest some frame/weapon/decree combos makes killing faster than beginning. It may be slower later (at I don't know 1,5k points). I'm not sure what decree are those.

5 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:
8 hours ago, WubletJones said:

49 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

not exactly that. they leave after the 1st round

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:
49 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

they leave after the 1st round

Probably to reset the weapon choices in teshins cave

Or just they need only 1 round? This mode is horrible. For example, I need 50 points to finish rank 10. I won't stay another hour for SINGLE ARCANE OR CHANCE OF GETTING STUPIDLY LOW AMOUNT OF CREDITS.

vor einer Stunde schrieb quxier:

Time doesn't increases significantly. If I have some armor strip and good weapon/frame (especially combo) then I will stay longer. Watching end screen, loading into orbiter, watching unscipable (because why not!) "Success screen" and going into Duviri again is much more consuming. Then you get meh frame/weapon combo. If your team is bad as well then you have maybe few rounds.

To be honest some frame/weapon/decree combos makes killing faster than beginning. It may be slower later (at I don't know 1,5k points). I'm not sure what decree are those.

Or just they need only 1 round? This mode is horrible. For example, I need 50 points to finish rank 10. I won't stay another hour for SINGLE ARCANE OR CHANCE OF GETTING STUPIDLY LOW AMOUNT OF CREDITS.

That's exactly what solo mode is for. These first rounds in particular can be completed just as quickly or even much faster than in public.
And it should be known that the mode is very poorly signed. Otherwise there would also be a shop here and a much better reward after the 2 weekly rewards per time invested.

or if someone wants to reroll loadout, they can also do it solo in normal duviri exp. That's about 15 minutes per run and there is also a shop with usable items....

• Like 1

This is a old concern / criticism.  I remember when Mogamu? made a video on this. Players getting their gear leveled and splitting.

Players are looking for ways to optimize their time with the game.

These are some of the unintended side effects. I think I can safely say no one likes the outcome when they themselves are stuck with having to stay even longer when the affinity pool evaporates.

I've found that asking for a certain number of rounds at the beginning "might" get you another 5 more rounds or minutes. That's a crap shoot at best. There really isn't a great answer here, unless you have a good group of friends.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm against draconian rules being added but people leaving ESO after the first round and similar missions is what really annoys me. They should change it so it's like interception or what ever where you HAVE to go up to  a certain amount of rounds like 5 rounds to complete the mission and keep your XP and rewards. 

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Node clearers.

80-90% this.

The rest is a combination of: 

They got whatever drop/affinity they were after

Squad not to their tastes (too slow, Limbo, dying too much, ect)

Real Life reasons (kids, bathroom, out of time to play).

And yes, host-migrations after a single round of ESO is super frustrating.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Himerance said:

Only if you value your sanity.

I don't get it. Play in the squad if you like that (like me I like playing with others) but if they leave and you have a decent loadout just keep playing solo. I only play to the first reward level 5 now because I have all the stuff and like all modes, one gets bored doing the same thing. I don't know how anyone can play endless, endlessly. About 45 minutes of survival is all I can take these days plus there's a real world out there too.

Posted (edited)

The solution to this:

New cave node choices only after three levels are achieved. Go beyond 3 and stop, then continue you get new choices but you have to hit three levels. If you don't you reenter the cave and only four WF choices remain

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418

19 hours ago, WubletJones said:

These are things I've run into, either for my reason to leave or others.

• Unlocking the node
  • Needed 5 rounds to finish off to R30
  • Got the reward they wanted
  • Bad lag
  • Someone sent them an invite to something else they wanted to do
  • IRL popped it's head in and they had to leave
  • The team isn't "efficient" enough
  • There's a Warframe they don't like
  • Loaded into the wrong mission

It sucks to be farming and not be able to just farm but that's one of the downsides of running the Public lobby; anything can happen.

• Like 1

If I load into a Defense Relic mission with a Wisp tossing Speed motes all over the place and shock motes at enemy spawn points you can bet your ass I'm leaving asap.

...Which sadly often winds up translating to nearly 20 minutes for a single rotation because everything is clogged at the edge of the map.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Leaving ESO after 1 round is ok, as new people are added to existing fight. I.e. you get replacements in zone 2 (but not after that, I recall).

I use ESO for levelling stuff and with correct stuff (affinity weekend + booster from shop/daily login and having the levelled weapon be the only weapon equipped) and having a boom Mirage or some other such frame, the levelling of the item from 1 to 30 is done during one zone. 

If I would want to farm ESO for rewards, I would bring a frame/weapons that can solo it to zone8 and beyond (I use Saryn).
Like said above, if you want to try to stay longer in some missions for farming, either prepare to be solo at some point, or try missions where others have some reason to stay there longer (relic missions).

This does become a problem in some missions where you only get the reward from rotation C, and it is old enough mission that nobody really does it anymore. In these cases, either bring a friend or solo.

I do also understand that any of your friends might not play WF and you do not have good enough equipment to solo stuff. In that case, try checking once in a while from chat if there is anyone else interested in the same thing you are, so you could at least duo stuff.

Edited by Dthamilaye

I hope one day we get ++ELITE++ circuit runs where u cannot leave or you loose everything and get punished or something like that i lost so much during all tes years in all types of missions the sistem that sometimes gave your loot back is asleep think i did not get anything back i lost in years makes me sad and frustrated at the same time 

I was playing around in Tyana Pass and I think I understand a bit better now why people leave after the first wave/round/thingy since it has a higher chance at the 400 endo reward. I think the rotation is AABC so maybe technically the 2nd wave works too, but it's probably faster to leave and come back. Between realizing that and the feedback from others here I feel like I understood this kind of thing a lot better.

That and realizing some of the people playing might be on their 9001st run of a given mission and just want to get in and out quickly.