The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The most underwhelming devstream.

Sorry but this was the most underwhelming devstream, it barely showed anything about the upcoming jade shadow content except a 3 second clip of the stalker and an elevator. There's a massively different perspective between DE's idea of fun and everyone else's. I know there will be a few defending it out of loyalty rather than being genuine, those don't really count imo.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

The stream isn't even over yet

They're only concern about Jade Shadow quest and the new mission; the fact that that's the only thing the OP is focused on (when the stream has long move past it) means they have little care of the other things.

I'm not excited for the content from just the teaser, but at the same time I get why they show so little when they don't want spoilers. Not enough to pass any kind of conclusive judgement, but to be pessimistic about it I'm going to assume you predict it'll be lackluster like previous update(s), yes?

Edited by NekroArts

Not loyalty but it'll probably be branded that way just because someone disagrees with you -_-

The stream is still going and they probably don't want to spoil the quest, like showing a mission or a bit of the begining of a new quest is fine but anything more than that ruins the experience

• Like 4

With respect:

10 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

There's a massively different perspective between DE's idea of fun and everyone else's mine.

Personally, I don't want to see much about Jade Shadows.  They've already said it's going to be a fairly short story quest, and everything they show ahead of time will be something we don't get to experience fresh and organically in the game itself.

Like, if I'm remembering correctly, DE showed us roughly 90% of the Whispers in the Wall quest before it launched, leaving precious little that was new to me when I was actually playing the quest.  I vastly prefer vague teasing so that when I finally get to play new story content, it isn't something I've already experienced in a video.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

They're only concern about Jade Shadow quest and the new mission; the fact that that's the only thing the OP is focused on (when the stream has long move past it) means they have little care of the other things.

I'm not excited for the content from just the teaser, but at the same time I get why they show so little when they don't want spoilers. Not enough to pass any kind of conclusive judgement, but to be pessimistic about it I'm going to assume you predict it'll be lackluster like the previous update, yes?

TC just want to be hype so he has a drive to play warframe. Otherwise he'll just login, do a mission or two, then log out for the rest of the week.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Sorry but this was the most underwhelming devstream, it barely showed anything about the upcoming jade shadow content except a 3 second clip of the stalker and an elevator. There's a massively different perspective between DE's idea of fun and everyone else's. I know there will be a few defending it out of loyalty rather than being genuine, those don't really count imo.

That's because there likely isn't much to it other than previewing the new game mode (not impressed). I don't expect significant story exploration into Stalker's origins, either, because DE's never been good at that, imo.

There will be a lot of people defending the devstream, because 1) most people here are loyal to DE, 2) there is a smaller, vocal group that treats this like a cult, and 3) loyalty doesn't mean their enjoyment isn't genuine. They just might enjoy different things than others do.

I didn't enjoy the devstream, but most of Warframe I don't enjoy these because I just don't find most of the gameplay to be high quality or exciting. I like certain Warframes, certain weapons, and I'll spend maybe 30 minutes to an hour playing Warframe maybe a week out of a month. I find other games to have much more engaging, enjoyable gameplay mechanics, particularly with respect to movement and gunplay. And I'm not crazy about the devs so just seeing them doesn't excite me.

Others have different things they like and enjoy about the game, including the things I don't enjoy or care for. Don't discount the genuineness of their defense. They just care about different things. The only time you should have an issue is if they demean you because you don't enjoy something. But don't demean them because they do.

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I know there will be a few defending it out of loyalty rather than being genuine, those don't really count imo.

Lol.

Translation: You have to agree with me or else you're wrong.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

The stream isn't even over yet

Yet the whole part about the Stalker and Jade was already over and the rest was just the team screaming at 2 skins then a little segment about the UI which personally isn't very interesting. Wasn't really much about content that will keep me and potentially others playing more than 5 minutes every week.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

I'm not excited for the content from just the teaser, but at the same time I get why they show so little when they don't want spoilers. Not enough to pass any kind of conclusive judgement, but to be pessimistic about it I'm going to assume you predict it'll be lackluster like previous update(s), yes?

This ^

30 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

Not loyalty but it'll probably be branded that way just because someone disagrees with you -_-

The stream is still going and they probably don't want to spoil the quest, like showing a mission or a bit of the begining of a new quest is fine but anything more than that ruins the experience

A little more context beyond The Stalker hanging upside down would have been nice.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, ominumi said:

TC just want to be hype so he has a drive to play warframe. Otherwise he'll just login, do a mission or two, then log out for the rest of the week.

This. The game is already dry, 2 skins and augments aren't really content that keeps you entertained, not for long at least. A new Warframe is nice though. It feels like a mobile game where you log in for 10-15 minutes to keep up with the daily rewards then close the app and repeat ad infinitum until you get burnt out and bored and end up quitting until the next update which will be a 30 minute quest which you'll play and quit again until the next big update where you might play for an hour then quit again for half a year until the next update.

16 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

They didn't spoil a quest for once? Thank #*!%ing goodness

An option for those who are curious would be nice though. Why do you care if others did see the spoiler?

Edited by _Eclips3_

Yes preemptively claiming that people with a difference of view or opinion, can only be fake and not genuine, and just defensive out of loyalty, is surely the way to make sure people know that you are right and correct, and people who disagree with you are obviously stinky and don't wash their hands. Now people will just have to agree with you, otherwise they will look silly and foolish. Healthy and open minded approach to discussion. 

I should know, because I myself am always right about everything, and those that disagree with me, well they have really tiny hands and like to disagree with me because they are racist and like to lick caterpillars, so can you really take them seriously? Exactly. 

Anyway i liked it. Wasn't the best Devstream ever, but we got a nice mix of new info around stats, numbers, upcoming changes, finding out Blast buffs, a great preview of Jade, preview of some new cosmetics, lots of QOL. Other stuff. Most importantly don't, I don't really have opinions on other peoples opinion. You loved it? Hated it? Had apathy? Like or disliked, moderately? Eh, whatever, its not that big a deal to like or dislike stuff. Bit strange in my view to care about whether other people liked or disliked something, so much you have to start theorising their motivation beyond face value. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

They didn't spoil a quest for once? Thank #*!%ing goodness

People really wanted them to spoil the entire 30 minutes cinematic quest in the devstream that is meant to TEASE upcoming content which is STILL being worked on btw 💀

• Like 3

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Waeleto:

People really wanted them to spoil the entire 30 minutes cinematic quest in the devstream that is meant to TEASE upcoming content which is STILL being worked on btw 💀

not that. but I would like to see screenshots. in the past, people did a great job and summarized dev streams in one topic. actually, that would be interesting for people who barely have any time.

and not everyone is willing to listen to conversations at 1x speed. I can hardly stand it anymore. I've been listening/watching everything at 2x speed for years.

Just now, Venus-Venera said:

not that. but I would like to see screenshots. in the past, people did a great job and summarized dev streams in one topic. actually, that would be interesting for people who barely have any time.

and not everyone is willing to listen to conversations at 1x speed. I can hardly stand it anymore. I've been listening/watching everything at 2x speed for years.

can you spare 30 seconds ? there is a 30 seconds TEASER on warframe's twitter account where they post EVERYTHING shown in the devstream which you can scroll through really fast 

59 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

This. The game is already dry, 2 skins and augments aren't really content that keeps you entertained, not for long at least. A new Warframe is nice though. It feels like a mobile game where you log in for 10-15 minutes to keep up with the daily rewards then close the app and repeat ad infinitum until you get burnt out and bored and end up quitting until the next update which will be a 30 minute quest which you'll play and quit again until the next big update where you might play for an hour then quit again for half a year until the next update.

An option for those who are curious would be nice though. Why do you care if others did see the spoiler?

Dude! I'm a Legendary Rank 4 Tenno. I can put in 15 hours a week playing this game. I would put more if I didn't have other obligations. Just admit to yourself you are not enjoying warframe and move onto something different. You're in a toxic parasocial relationship. And you're the toxic one.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Another event to get arcanes is always a positive.
Frost buffs. IMO he was already fine tbh but I'm not complaining about buffs.
I know people were complaining about the deluxe skin but, I'm coming around to it.
The Ember Heirloom skin (Jebus its so good) buyable for plat is nice.
Loadout QOL is nice.

Edited by stormy505
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Was really hoping for some new voidshell skins, but it seems like we'll just get some meh tennogen stuff instead with Jade Shadows. Quite bummed at this upcoming update from a fashionframe perspective tbh.

Edited by Nihilumbra8