Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's salute to the best stool ever —— Jade Light of the Eximus

Honestly the new Eximus are the best thing DE has added to the game in a long time. We're painfully overdue for enemies that are actually a slight threat to players. 

Sadly every time this happens the enemy gets nerfed into the ground thanks to the crymoaners. Hopefully when DE fixes their damage they don't make them as forgettable as every other Eximis.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TsukuyomiNoGeki said:

Aaand the damage was hotfixed making SP a piece of cake once more 

Eeyup. Back to having not a single threatening enemy in the entirety of the games "hard mode".

• Like 5

Not going to read this entire thread, but this discussion reminds of when they released overguard which was never a problem and got nerfed from all the complaints. I think people just want to stand around with S#&$ty gear casting spells and expecting to succeed at all content. I guess some people just want to afk and chat in missions and then complain that everything is too easy.

• Like 2

• DE could have made threatening enemies by not nerfing Defense Scaling and turning them into paper.
  • They could have have also reduced room wide CC and not create a massive gap in eHP.
  • They could have had missions that started at higher levels like players asked for years.

They didn't do any of this because as my first post mentioned they've always kept the bar low. They've always tried to force players into this box of where they think they should play. Does anyone remember when Sorties were advertised as "end game content"? I do. It was pretty funny since I'd be doing solo runs with every frame to a minimum level of 300 at the time. Anything under level 200ish I used my Radar to fight. Not my aiming reticle.

They never considered scaling before. Nullifier Lanka one-shots from 2 rooms away. Napalms with 10m radius AoE. Now that everything has been condense they feel they can introduce whatever type of enemy despite scaling issues but that's not the case because the underline flaw of enemy damage scaling being exponential is still there. They're going to constantly have to re-calibrate new enemies because of this and some things will always be bad, further breaking the game.

Since I took a 5 year break and came back. I found the game to be mechanically worse in nearly every way to when I left it.

• Like 1

As long as they don't oneshot mission targets (and they ironically do) they are fine. I can think of some ways even if it oneshots players but if it oneshots say a console there is nothing a player can do other than praying to the RNG god that the jade light doesn't aim for them.

Edited by Marvelous_A

9小时前 , darklord122 说:

Its a thing Ive seen too much of during warframes lifespan, Warframe players beg for challenge but as soon as we have something that adds that challenge and forces us to rethink complaints rush in, Barring any bugs of course.

Here is the problem. The current mechanic of jade light is not a challenge. It was problematic, and yet some people thought broken mechanic is a challenge.

Jade light eximus is just too spam-y. It is very common to have up to 3 jade light chasing you out of no where because there is no LoS check and it goes through wall (I am talking about missions in general, not limited to the new game mode).

"Oh you just need to move around" - but the game is full of elements where you have to stand still for more than a few seconds. Resurrecting teammates and hacking, not to mention lots of abilities were designed to put you in a stationary position or greatly reduce your movement. Mesa 4, obviously. And Nyx 4. Garuda 1 when channeling. The list is endless. Jade light contradicts all these existing elements and forces players to play the game in a certain way - something the community hates vehemently.

"It was great because it punishes afk" - it also punishes the above completely ordinary actions, while afk-er with Revenant can still afk.

"You just need to shoot the orb" - currently the orb can clip through ceiling, like Boreal damn pyramid. This is especially true for narrow tileset like Eris, and those with a lot of corridors like kuva fortress.

"The jade light can be mitigated easily with invisibility or silence or <insert the blank>" - so the game is forcing you to play in a certain way again. Not a good look.

"The damage only goes up if you stay in place. It is not that bad" - but when coupled with all of the above, it is bad. One-shot mechanics was, is, and never will be a good design. Even if Jade light damage alone is ok-ish, when coupled with the above design problems, it becomes a punishment for normal game action behavior with no possible counter action.

"But it makes the game more risky and engaging" - to be specific, it makes the game more engaging by forcing players to parkour around, when certain elements in this game require you to be stationary / to have reduced movement, otherwise you are punished by death. Does that sound good? I don't think so.

And did I mention they also one-shot mission target as well?

That's why tons of players requested DE to do some tuning on jade light eximus because in its current state it is full of design oversight. The easiest way out is of course to limit jade light eximus to the ascension, or limit the spawn to 1 or 2 at any given time. Other things like LoS check and clipping issues were already proposed by other players.

But of course, people can pretend none of these matter and go git gud gg ez and leave.

• Like 3

il y a une heure, RichardKam a dit :

Here is the problem. The current mechanic of jade light is not a challenge. It was problematic, and yet some people thought broken mechanic is a challenge.

Jade light eximus is just too spam-y. It is very common to have up to 3 jade light chasing you out of no where because there is no LoS check and it goes through wall (I am talking about missions in general, not limited to the new game mode).

"Oh you just need to move around" - but the game is full of elements where you have to stand still for more than a few seconds. Resurrecting teammates and hacking, not to mention lots of abilities were designed to put you in a stationary position or greatly reduce your movement. Mesa 4, obviously. And Nyx 4. Garuda 1 when channeling. The list is endless. Jade light contradicts all these existing elements and forces players to play the game in a certain way - something the community hates vehemently.

"It was great because it punishes afk" - it also punishes the above completely ordinary actions, while afk-er with Revenant can still afk.

"You just need to shoot the orb" - currently the orb can clip through ceiling, like Boreal damn pyramid. This is especially true for narrow tileset like Eris, and those with a lot of corridors like kuva fortress.

"The jade light can be mitigated easily with invisibility or silence or <insert the blank>" - so the game is forcing you to play in a certain way again. Not a good look.

"The damage only goes up if you stay in place. It is not that bad" - but when coupled with all of the above, it is bad. One-shot mechanics was, is, and never will be a good design. Even if Jade light damage alone is ok-ish, when coupled with the above design problems, it becomes a punishment for normal game action behavior with no possible counter action.

"But it makes the game more risky and engaging" - to be specific, it makes the game more engaging by forcing players to parkour around, when certain elements in this game require you to be stationary / to have reduced movement, otherwise you are punished by death. Does that sound good? I don't think so.

That's why tons of players requested DE to do some tuning on jade light eximus because in its current state it is full of design oversight. The easiest way out is of course to limit jade light eximus to the ascension, or limit the spawn to 1 or 2 at any given time. Other things like LoS check and clipping issues were already proposed by other players.

But of course, people can pretend none of these matter and go git gud gg ez and leave.

I totally agree. 

My biggest problem is the fact that I get sometimes surrounded by a lot of seeking green lasers without almost any possibility to know who is creating them (Jade Eximus can be behind a door or somewhere else out of sight). 

• Like 1

Hmm math wise, yes. I agree, the damage potential is insane. Though I can still handle around them no problem. My tips is to use Banshee helminth ability, Silence to disable their ability. As for me, I never had issues with them. Probably because I'm constantly moving from here to there to satisfy my glorified fantasy of absolute power. I did died once just recently on a defense mission by those light because i was reading the changes in Frost ability tips...

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:
  • DE could have made threatening enemies by not nerfing Defense Scaling and turning them into paper.
  • They could have have also reduced room wide CC and not create a massive gap in eHP.
  • They could have had missions that started at higher levels like players asked for years.

They didn't do any of this because as my first post mentioned they've always kept the bar low. They've always tried to force players into this box of where they think they should play. Does anyone remember when Sorties were advertised as "end game content"? I do. It was pretty funny since I'd be doing solo runs with every frame to a minimum level of 300 at the time. Anything under level 200ish I used my Radar to fight. Not my aiming reticle.

They never considered scaling before. Nullifier Lanka one-shots from 2 rooms away. Napalms with 10m radius AoE. Now that everything has been condense they feel they can introduce whatever type of enemy despite scaling issues but that's not the case because the underline flaw of enemy damage scaling being exponential is still there. They're going to constantly have to re-calibrate new enemies because of this and some things will always be bad, further breaking the game.

Since I took a 5 year break and came back. I found the game to be mechanically worse in nearly every way to when I left it.

i took a year break too and i came back a week or two before jade update. before the update things were actually in a decent spot, similar to how old warframe used to play. now its just back to pre shield buff state where u get instantly downed by random stray bullets because idk, haha quirky game ?

1 hour ago, latetier said:

i took a year break too and i came back a week or two before jade update. before the update things were actually in a decent spot, similar to how old warframe used to play. now its just back to pre shield buff state where u get instantly downed by random stray bullets because idk, haha quirky game ?

Didn't they revert the damage of the jade light ? Is it still as strong ?

• Like 1

I'm mostly focusing on the event but I'm assuming Jade units outside the event are less common, right? 

They're annoying in the event because their spawn's increased and it's the only available eximus variant. To make the mode more spicy I guess. 

15 hours ago, RichardKam said:

The eximus is only spammy in the event where they're the only(?) eximus that spawns. Outside of that they seem to be as common as any other type. 

As for needing to keep moving nothing stops you from canceling a skill to move around. Plus in high level content it has long been the case that, for any squishy build, you need to cast any stationary ability mid bullet jump to stay alive. While things like hacking or revives(lol) can just be done via Operator with void mode. All in all 100% skill issue as it's an issue we've long dealt with.

Also I suspect the one-shotting of defense targets was mostly player error. I've never seen them target objectives but a player can drag the beam into one. This one is more of a player awareness issue they need to learn to avoid. But yes it is a case of the damage being too problematic.

Overall I will say the absurd damage two-shotting any build was excessive even if we require an enemy capable of threatening players. But having them be as non impactful as all other eximus types is an extreme in the opposite direction. There has to be a middle ground somewhere between these two. Either making the damage something you can't just ignore indefinitely or making it lethal but even easier to dodge.

• Like 3

5小时前 , trst 说:

Also I suspect the one-shotting of defense targets was mostly player error. I've never seen them target objectives but a player can drag the beam into one. This one is more of a player awareness issue they need to learn to avoid. But yes it is a case of the damage being too problematic.

I mostly agree with you except this. The beam has a certain movement range. As long as you tried to jump over the objective when one is targeting you, that is a mission fail.

All defense and hijack targets have a health bar, the ascension extracter thing is the only one that is invulnerable from start to finish. Because DE knew this.

• Like 2

On 2024-06-21 at 5:46 AM, RichardKam said:

I will mention if you encounter several Jade Light eximus in a normal mission and you chose not to deal with them, That does not = Spammy that just means you have neglected to kill them as they do not spawn in groups on their own outside of the mission unless you outright let them pile up, I run SP solo often and I rarely see more than 2-3 pile up at a time unless I let them continue to stack up.

Even then the lasers are so easy to kite around having 5 lasers moving behind you at the same speed has the same amount of danger as just 1 if they cant even touch you in the first place.  

Movement is your ally in Steel Path and it always will be, As being stationary in the hardest mode should not incentivize you to just stand still. There is a time and place for any ability and if there is a problem in doing that said ability then that is something you have to deal with first, Not a privilege to have open to you at all times.

Your examples of standing still are lackluster at best, Mesa's 4 can be cast mid bullet jumps for movement based shooting and you should not be standing still like that anyway in SP.
Nyx only benefits from the jade light as it boosts her damage faster than it normally would the only issue being the energy usage, Dont even know why you brought this one in.

Again Garuda being a prime example of an ability channel-able during movement, And an ability you should time better or use against the enemies that are causing you distress.

Resurrecting teammates and hacking are two examples that can cause issues however, can also be mitigated by thinking ahead. Kill the problem before you do either, Go into operator and do either, If the jade light is chasing you have someone else do it for you if you are in a squad. If you are solo, deal with the problem first hand as resurrecting will not be on your priority list.

The mitigation through silence and or invisibility was suggestions and not forced play-styles, However the invisibility one is something literally anyone can do. Your operator has intrinsic invisibility, Thus if you go into operator>Go invisible>move away = laser off your back. Its not a hard problem to solve in that regard.

I see you and other people complain about the parkour aspect a lot. In, a game. Where one of the center focuses is the movement. Just because elements of stationary exist does not mean the game itself is a stationary haven.

There is a time and place and its up to you and your teammates to make that time and place happen. If the devs add something that disrupts a majority stationary play-style then that is something one has to live with as the game can not stay at the same state year after year, Things need to be mixed up period.

Ill also mention, The jade light literally can not one shot you. The damage calculation to kill you takes time to ramp up, Plus there is shield gating that is very prevalent in the game. Stop with this argument as the game gives you a very lenient set of windows to live through these things. Even before the hotfix.

There are problems yes, Such as objectives being very vulnerable to them as they are the only forced stationary object in the game. However I have no doubt that DE will either add a set of damage reductions to them or something else to make them less vulnerable to them. Forcing the unit to stay in one mode is a very shallow argument. Other problems such as the orb clipping through geometry needs to be fixed, But having it as an argument to not shoot the orb is a very stupid argument to make as its not the end-all be-all.

Will not discuss Revenant as that is an entire boring play-style in and of itself that does need to be looked at, and I never even brought it up in the first place.

You and plenty of others act as if there is no counter to the Jade Light simply because it does make you go about situations differently. But there are so many ways to counter it, It honestly baffles me. And after the hotfix most counters are not even needed anymore.

You can literally and its not a hyperbole walk away from the laser to stop it from damaging you. How on earth is that a hard ask from the game.
Let me list more.
Kill the eximus.
Kill the orb.
Move.
Jump.
Use ability when jumping.
Operator.
Any warframe with healing.
Any warframe with over-guard.
Any warframe with invincibility.
Any warframe with invisibility.
Any warframe with movement based abilities.
Any warframe without movement based abilities.
Any warframe with damage based abilities.
Any warframe with buffing based based abilities.

Did I just list every warframe? Cause I just did. Whats my point with that? Every warframe can be used against the eximus or the jade light, Its not a limiting of play-styles if all play-styles can be used.  If something requires you to be stationary then time it. A difficult mode should not spoon feed you opportunities for this, you should make those opportunities yourself.  You cant have difficulty and ease of access in the same package. You have to make that happen.

There is a reason plenty of other veterans including myself praised the Jade Light for acting the way it did, Because we actually had to do something. Every other eximus in the game no matter the difficulty you place it at can be face tanked by basically any warframe with any SP based build. Jade Light actually forced us to go after the eximus and that is literally not a bad thing when eximus units were always meant to be a hard enemy to deal with.

The only inconvenience with eximus units now? Overguard and even then that can just be melted.

I did not know the big bad boogeyman of warframe was a change in direction in the way people have to look at an enemy. But I sure do now.

Feel free to respond with another list on every aspect you don't want to utilize in the game. 

However this will be my final comment on this whole thing, Thread has gone on long enough and the hotfix trivialized the units in SP either way so we are right back were we started.

Edited by darklord122
  • Like 3

1小时前 , darklord122 说:

I will mention if you encounter several Jade Light eximus in a normal mission and you chose not to deal with them, That does not = Spammy that just means you have neglected to kill them as they do not spawn in groups on their own outside of the mission unless you outright let them pile up, I run SP solo often and I rarely see more than 2-3 pile up at a time unless I let them continue to stack up.

Even then the lasers are so easy to kite around having 5 lasers moving behind you at the same speed has the same amount of danger as just 1 if they cant even touch you in the first place.  

Movement is your ally in Steel Path and it always will be, As being stationary in the hardest mode should not incentivize you to just stand still. There is a time and place for any ability and if there is a problem in doing that said ability then that is something you have to deal with first, Not a privilege to have open to you at all times.

Your examples of standing still are lackluster at best, Mesa's 4 can be cast mid bullet jumps for movement based shooting and you should not be standing still like that anyway in SP.
Nyx only benefits from the jade light as it boosts her damage faster than it normally would the only issue being the energy usage, Dont even know why you brought this one in.

Again Garuda being a prime example of an ability channel-able during movement, And an ability you should time better or use against the enemies that are causing you distress.

Resurrecting teammates and hacking are two examples that can cause issues however, can also be mitigated by thinking ahead. Kill the problem before you do either, Go into operator and do either, If the jade light is chasing you have someone else do it for you if you are in a squad. If you are solo, deal with the problem first hand as resurrecting will not be on your priority list.

The mitigation through silence and or invisibility was suggestions and not forced play-styles, However the invisibility one is something literally anyone can do. Your operator has intrinsic invisibility, Thus if you go into operator>Go invisible>move away = laser off your back. Its not a hard problem to solve in that regard.

I see you and other people complain about the parkour aspect a lot. In, a game. Where one of the center focuses is the movement. Just because elements of stationary exist does not mean the game itself is a stationary haven.

There is a time and place and its up to you and your teammates to make that time and place happen. If the devs add something that disrupts a majority stationary play-style then that is something one has to live with as the game can not stay at the same state year after year, Things need to be mixed up period.

Ill also mention, The jade light literally can not one shot you. The damage calculation to kill you takes time to ramp up, Plus there is shield gating that is very prevalent in the game. Stop with this argument as the game gives you a very lenient set of windows to live through these things. Even before the hotfix.

There are problems yes, Such as objectives being very vulnerable to them as they are the only forced stationary object in the game. However I have no doubt that DE will either add a set of damage reductions to them or something else to make them less vulnerable to them. Forcing the unit to stay in one mode is a very shallow argument. Other problems such as the orb clipping through geometry needs to be fixed, But having it as an argument to not shoot the orb is a very stupid argument to make as its not the end-all be-all.

Will not discuss Revenant as that is an entire boring play-style in and of itself that does need to be looked at, and I never even brought it up in the first place.

You and plenty of others act as if there is no counter to the Jade Light simply because it does make you go about situations differently. But there are so many ways to counter it, It honestly baffles me. And after the hotfix most counters are not even needed anymore.

You can literally and its not a hyperbole walk away from the laser to stop it from damaging you. How on earth is that a hard ask from the game.
Let me list more.
Kill the eximus.
Kill the orb.
Move.
Jump.
Use ability when jumping.
Operator.
Any warframe with healing.
Any warframe with over-guard.
Any warframe with invincibility.
Any warframe with invisibility.
Any warframe with movement based abilities.
Any warframe without movement based abilities.
Any warframe with damage based abilities.
Any warframe with buffing based based abilities.

Did I just list every warframe? Cause I just did. Whats my point with that? Every warframe can be used against the eximus or the jade light, Its not a limiting of play-styles if all play-styles can be used.  If something requires you to be stationary then time it. A difficult mode should not spoon feed you opportunities for this, you should make those opportunities yourself.  You cant have difficulty and ease of access in the same package. You have to make that happen.

There is a reason plenty of other veterans including myself praised the Jade Light for acting the way it did, Because we actually had to do something. Every other eximus in the game no matter the difficulty you place it at can be face tanked by basically any warframe with any SP based build. Jade Light actually forced us to go after the eximus and that is literally not a bad thing when eximus units were always meant to be a hard enemy to deal with.

The only inconvenience with eximus units now? Overguard and even then that can just be melted.

I did not know the big bad boogeyman of warframe was a change in direction in the way people have to look at an enemy. But I sure do now.

Feel free to respond with another list on every aspect you don't want to utilize in the game. 

However this will be my final comment on this whole thing, Thread has gone on long enough and the hotfix trivialized the units in SP either way so we are right back were we started.

Did you even read? All the shoot the orb and kill the eximus talk, and tons of people keep telling you currently the orb can clip through ceiling and hard obstacle and the eximus has no LOS check and can be in another room on another floor. That is a design problem you refuse to even reply because you cannot git gud through a ceiling isn't it? Broken mechanic taken as a challenge right there.

But yeah, telling others to git gud is so much easier than addressing these problems lalala I cannot hear hundreds of you on reddit and discord and forum coz anyone who disagree with me must be newbies. At least this is your last comment so no one needs to hear from you again. I am sure you are right.

18 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Did you even read? All the shoot the orb and kill the eximus talk, and tons of people keep telling you currently the orb can clip through ceiling and hard obstacle and the eximus has no LOS check and can be in another room on another floor. That is a design problem you refuse to even reply because you cannot git gud through a ceiling isn't it? Broken mechanic taken as a challenge right there.

But yeah, telling others to git gud is so much easier than addressing these problems lalala I cannot hear hundreds of you on reddit and discord and forum coz anyone who disagree with me must be newbies. At least this is your last comment so no one needs to hear from you again. I am sure you are right.

You ignored the literal part of me addressing the orb clipping, I however did not address the LOS because I honestly dont think its that big of an issue but it could maybe use some tuning.  But thats my opinion.

Also funny that when someone gives you advice on the counters to it you take it as a "Git gud moment" But thats down to you.

So git gud at reading comprehension first of all, then maybe the game after. 👋

Edited by darklord122

12 hours ago, RichardKam said:

I mostly agree with you except this. The beam has a certain movement range. As long as you tried to jump over the objective when one is targeting you, that is a mission fail.

All defense and hijack targets have a health bar, the ascension extracter thing is the only one that is invulnerable from start to finish. Because DE knew this.

In the missions where I've been in a pub squad, I have seen player/s standing on the objective in Defence and Mobile Defence, when the jade light appears blam fail the mission, I couldn't work it out at first but yeah that sucks, players could troll their team by doing that, not sure since the damage got dropped whether it would still be a fail.

• Like 1

7分钟前 , Slayer-. 说:

In the missions where I've been in a pub squad, I have seen player/s standing on the objective in Defence and Mobile Defence, when the jade light appears blam fail the mission, I couldn't work it out at first but yeah that sucks, players could troll their team by doing that, not sure since the damage got dropped whether it would still be a fail.

Haven't tested it but apparently Rhino can still get iron skin in the million range in SP, so good luck I guess?

Nice screenshot to share. For the past few years on the Asia server, we've mostly had Chinese players on our team. While some are really friendly and helpful, most Chinese players tend to be AFK, leeching runs, and flooding the chat with Chinese characters. Since DE doesn't support Unicode fonts, even if you know a little Chinese, you can't understand what they want. It's a toxic community. The current Jade Eximus has stopped some of this AFK leeching. Just move and play normally; stop being AFK.

• Like 3

Worst thing ever added to warframe! And I swear, I will knock some teeth out to the next one who will say I need to move. You cant even draw a bow for a shot if that thing spawns next to you, in time it takes to draw nataruk for a decent shot past that line - YOU ARE DEAD.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, anonimus_riga said:

You cant even draw a bow for a shot if that thing spawns next to you, in time it takes to draw nataruk for a decent shot past that line - YOU ARE DEAD.

Move to a safe distance, then draw your bow. It moves slowly and predictably.

• Like 1

Just spotted something that might be useful to know. Starting a finisher attack on any target will instantly dispel any Jade Light emitters that are following you. Regular and Mercy finishers definitely work, I haven't tested ground finishers yet.

So we can add that to the list of ways to counter these enemies.

• Like 1