Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, do you actually WANT people to play?

"De wants you to play the game" - haha, honestly, coming from people who don't play themselves. If you played, you would know that on Eris jade light is constantly inside the ceiling.

Truth needs to be told, however - if you are modding your guns well, JL eximuses (as well as others) are nothing more than a nuisance. In most missions, you don't even need to kill them - run to win, so to speak. At this point game should contain only eximus units. They are so prevalent, that trash mobs are just redundant. There is literally an eximus unit on screen every 5-10 seconds. YAWN.

Edited by Hayrack

6 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I recall when Nox came out they entirely ignored stealth. RIP Loki and Ash

this is the same with acolytes, in steelpath will make a beeline for ivara, she has to toggle stealth in order to lose the aggro even though she was already invisible!

13 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

am not opposed to adding things that are challenging... if they are fun! this thing if I move it follows me so its like babysitting it requires immediate attention, I turn I shoot it another one comes, they are far too frequent

This was my original point. Clearly I dealt with the lasers in the mission and actually like the dynamic they add. They are just too frequently generated back to back. Jade eximus should have a cooldown. Getting a bunch in a row is terribly annoying.

I didn't expect three pages of responses. It -is- annoying. Let's just tone down the frequency a bit.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, trst said:

Yeah it's almost like the laser that slowly follows you is a hassle if you don't move around.

And the ironic thing about this complaint is that yes DE does want players to actually play the game instead of standing (floating) around. Either play the game by moving around at all or taking a build that lets you ignore/disable the effect.

I move around like a grasshopper on crack thank you, :tongue: the green beams chase me down like a damn greyhound after a lure, lucky you get the slow ones. :laugh:

17 hours ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

best anti-afk enemy DE ever released lmao

I fully agree, it's awesome for afk leechers, had one last night seeing them go down over and over because they were standing in the one spot at spawn was hilarious.

2 hours ago, carecaplatonico said:

Keep doing the same thing, expect the same result. At least move onto different zones, maybe you will spot it in front of you, if the eximus was that hard to spot.

Not that simple at times with everything that is going on in Steel Path the screen clutter is real.

We will all get used to them over time but presently the clipping into the ceilings and having multiple beams hunting you all at once at a fast speed and also teleporting to me is not fun and they also don't move slowly well not for me, rare times I'll see them spawn and deal with them and others just spawn teleport to me and go BOOM.

Sometimes they just spawn on me and explode, no idea if it's game lag or whatnot but ffs it gets a bit much after a while especially when Eximus seem to be able to target from places unknown that are not LOS.

While I will say the lasers do have issue's, The aforementioned orb clipping being a glaring one, I will say that this direction for an eximus unit is in fact a good one.

It incentivizes you to play the game differently rather than just stay still, Though you can still very much do that with the right build ^.
It makes you make use of warframes movement system that is a core mechanic, It makes you find said eximus and kill it rather than just ignore it and it makes you time your abilities more. Stationary play becomes harder but still very possible.

It also forces most AFK'ers to actually do something now.

And while it still needs tweaking the moving laser honestly is a breath of fresh air compared to the rest of the eximus units that you can just outright ignore 10 times out of 10, even on steel path.

Honestly even with the higher damage bug I enjoyed all of this generally, I had to play warframe in a way I had not needed to in years and it felt good.

And I hope for more enemies in the future that will shake up gameplay more.

Edited by darklord122
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, latetier said:

a super annoying and unfun mechanic added to the game to punish all players because a tiny percentage of players will be afk?

wowie amazing i loooove it /s

And we STILL get afk players in public missions. Especially in the new game mode. Steel Path no less.

To anyone who afk's during the new mission. Your obviously keeping an eye on the game, so gas up the elevator while you're standing there.

• Like 1

I don't know if it will be a problem, but currently frames like Rhino Nezha can exploit leverage jade light damage to push their overguard or extra health pool to an absurd number. And in return, another instance of jade light can also burn through them as fast as charging them.

Ultimately what would happen is that the entire mission was boiled down to between jade eximus and you, because no one else can penetrate your overguard, not even boss.

I am not a Rhino main so I am not sure how it will play out?

8uufh3.jpg

OP, I still consider that playstyle "AFK-like" because you barely move in that spot on that video. You can even program a Macro to replicate that (Don't do this unless you want yourself risked of being banned).

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, ominumi said:

Jade eximus need line of sight to hit players. They don't need LoS to target players. DE needs to make it so the jade Light can hit players through floors. Currently, if you find a crawl space, Jade Light can't hit you.

This is a global problem with Eximus skills. It's why I jokingly call them Arch Nemisis from Path of Exile. A universally hated design.

Their mechanics function independently of the unit. Ignoring walls, LoS, Floors. You name it. The Ceiling clipping like I mentioned before is just a repeat of the same story. Nullifiers still have that issue after being reworked 4 or 5 times now trying to salvage those awful units. I used to rant about Nullifiers for a while. Players who thought Sorties was high level would tell me "Slide into bubble and kill, EZ". Hopefully most realize how bad of an idea that is now.

21 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Shoot the orb and then kill the eximus.

this, such a simple concept.

until you get low celling and the orb is unhittable :D

there are inconsistencies sometimes.

33 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

This is a global problem with Eximus skills. It's why I jokingly call them Arch Nemisis from Path of Exile. A universally hated design.

Their mechanics function independently of the unit. Ignoring walls, LoS, Floors. You name it. The Ceiling clipping like I mentioned before is just a repeat of the same story. Nullifiers still have that issue after being reworked 4 or 5 times now trying to salvage those awful units. I used to rant about Nullifiers for a while. Players who thought Sorties was high level would tell me "Slide into bubble and kill, EZ". Hopefully most realize how bad of an idea that is now.

I get frustration and there's a few things that need some fixes but there's no need to exaggerate, they only use their abilities when you're in their LoS, even if another enemy is looking and shooting at you as long as the eximus can't see you they won't do their thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

I get frustration and there's a few things that need some fixes but there's no need to exaggerate, they only use their abilities when you're in their LoS, even if another enemy is looking and shooting at you as long as the eximus can't see you they won't do their thing.

People tend to forgo the fact that all of them have LoS requirements, And it only feels as if they ignore LoS in the new mission type because its a vertical space so they have a lot of room to look straight at you without you seeing them.

And the fact that they can indeed move away after spotting you makes people assume they just outright ignore LoS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

8uufh3.jpg

OP, I still consider that playstyle "AFK-like" because you barely move in that spot on that video. You can even program a Macro to replicate that (Don't do this unless you want yourself risked of being banned).

ah yes posting the racist youtuber. 🙄

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

I hate to say this because it might get Mesa nerf'd but they use a similar LoS method as her.

If they have LoS on you for even a moment they maintain LoS for roughly 2 seconds after. This is what causes them to produce puddles and other effects around corners and behind walls. Same way Mesa can shoot things she can't see by jumping.

Again missing the point. I am using a warframe whose 4th is locked to a location. So DE negates it's use by endlessly DEW'ing me from above.

Since when is being in one room AFKing? Survival literally forces you to stay in a room sometimes because reactant won't spawn elsewhere.

It's stupid and annoying. No one has convinced me otherwise.

The occasional laser is fine but back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back (WTF?) to back (WTF? OK I'm going to record) to back to back to back to back F this I'm extracting....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Again missing the point. I am using a warframe whose 4th is locked to a location. So DE negates it's use by endlessly DEW'ing me from above.

Since when is being in one room AFKing? Survival literally forces you to stay in a room sometimes because reactant won't spawn elsewhere.

It's stupid and annoying. No one has convinced me otherwise.

The occasional laser is fine but back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back (WTF?) to back (WTF? OK I'm going to record) to back to back to back to back F this I'm extracting....

You are literally hang gliding in place and you do not even need to reside were your 4th ability is located at, At all as zephyr has no such requirement.
Its not about being situated in 1 singular room no thats completely fine but if you stay confined onto one spot and do not make an effort to move around or go after the eximus unit to make it stop whatever its doing its a bit on you unfortunately.

Is the ability annoying at times? Yes but it gets exasperated if you dont do anything about it.

Edited by darklord122
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Getting a bunch in a row is terribly annoying.

tbh I was studying this a little more and I think the issue is exacerbated by the new jade missions because those guys are everywhere but I also think that adding a HARD line of sight requirement on the Jade eximus to cast this would go a long way into making it feel better

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Raarsi said:

In fact, I wonder now if the jade light beam can even hit you if you get enough altitude since it seems to spawn at a fixed height.

I see the beams in midair all the time while headed up the elevator shaft. They're either targeting someone flying or jumping up to go find the sister beacons or targeting me as I bullet jump vertically off the lift platform to shoot at enemies on higher side platforms and look for energy capsules.

• Like 1