Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade eximus sucks because of the intention implementing them.

5 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

you could be standing at an intercept objective shooting mobs, aim shooting mobs etc. A lot of people like to shoot while still to make aiming easier. This is especially the case with newer or less skilled players.

Then aim directly up and shoot the emitter when it spawns. It's literally easier to do this than shooting most enemies due to their erratic movements. You even get a full second before the beam starts doing any damage whatsoever to get yourself ready to do this.

7 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

As for melee attacking a mob, generally this does not move you around sufficiently to avoid the beam.

Several melee combos are actually capable of hitting the emitter itself from a standing start.

8 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

Again you are trying to make out there is not a problem, where it has clearly been stated by many that there is.

For many of those "many" players, the problem is that the beam doesn't let them sit still and spam powers without having to think at all. Which is the entire point of the enemy.

9 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

Stop gas lighting.

It's not "gaslighting" to point out the many, many, many ways that your problems can very easily be solved.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

Will you agree that a group of people have expressed having difficulties with the beam?

That much is clear, yes.

39 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

Also accept that people are aware of rolling

Apparently they aren't.

40 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

Now even though you personally do not have an issue here there is an issue for some people, mentioned many times by many different people.

So, their issue is pressing the C key when a clearly telegraphed beam is starting up?

41 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

Telling someone they there is no problem where there obviously is one (for those individuals) is what is known as "gas lighting"

No, there is no problem other than people complaining that something that requires minimal skill is too hard.

42 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

When an issue is not a problem for you, that does not automatically mean it's fine for everyone.

It's certainly not a problem for the majority of players who are not complaining about this on the forum.

Has it occurred to you that the problem might not be this mechanic, but the people who have a problem with it?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, TrueGrim said:

come now that's a VERY bad faith take on it, you could be standing at an intercept objective shooting mobs, aim shooting mobs etc. A lot of people like to shoot while still to make aiming easier. This is especially the case with newer or less skilled players.

As for melee attacking a mob, generally this does not move you around sufficiently to avoid the beam.

Again you are trying to make out there is not a problem, where it has clearly been stated by many that there is. Stop gas lighting.

Except none of what your describing can lead to you dying to the beam unless you go "Oh hey, there's a giant green beam on me and I'm losing health and shields.  Better just stand here and not attempt to do anything to get out of it or look for its source."

As pointed out, you don't need to parkour or anything to avoid it.  Just notice the massive pillar of green light surrounding your frame, do a single roll to get out of it, and then look around for its source as you walk around a small bit.

In order to die in the situations you're listing you just have to have a complete and utter lack of awareness of what is actually happening in the game, and a complete and utter refusal to actually react to what the game is doing....at which point I have to honestly ask if you are playing the game at that point.

The simple fact is that if you are actually playing the game and paying attention to what is happening there really isn't an excuse to just sit there under a beam of light until you die, and then blame it on the game.

• Like 6

I think the time and speed it chases you could be toned down. I don't feel like chasing them down all the time, having it flashbang my monitor while I'm trying to run around constantly is rather annoying.

• Like 2

I bet the majority of the "problems" come from the jade alerts and event mission that spam them constantly. They are meant to do that there. If somebody has problem in other mission he just needs to accept he sucks at the game i think.

• Like 6

I don't have any problem with them. Just shoot the little orb above you or kill the eximus and that's it.

The light is really slow so you can just walk away and not get hit.

I'm honestly pleasantly dissapointed because I thought they would be an absolute pain in the ass but they are pretty harmless. 

They are a lot better than Nullifiers or the Leech eximus. Energy leech eximus is still the most annoying enemy ever as it just spamms those bubbles everywhere non stop.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

its pretty funny seeing all these elitists saying "just git guud" meanwhile de has nerfed the heck out of it already proving they knew there was many issues with it and they agreed which is why it was nerfed. 😂

Edited by latetier
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, TrueGrim said:

It can and does. The action taken depends on the stance of course, but many can use mixed combos, or they interact with certain Warframe abilities for forward momentum. You can use this to move significantly quicker than normally without needing to roll or bullet jump. Then of course, we aren't playing a game where it takes 5 years to swing once with long animation locks that can't be cancelled.

22 hours ago, TrueGrim said:

Again you are trying to make out there is not a problem, where it has clearly been stated by many that there is. Stop gas lighting.

Multiple people acknowledged there's a problem to an extent, and aren't saying "there's no problem". The issue is, you're framing it as a problem with DE, while they've stated the problem is with you; because you have to be standing completely still to die to this attack now. You are not intended to stand still in this game, not even in missions where you defend a circle. If you sat still aoe bombing you get automatically flagged as being afk even if you're killing everything before anyone else gets to attack. Cc gets nerfed to mitigate afk play patterns, as did Celestial Twin despite it being a garbage ability, Khora, Limbo etc. The reason ammo/energy exists is to force you to move.

On 2024-07-05 at 6:37 AM, TrueGrim said:

What I am asking you to understand is that for some people connection speeds are lower, irl interruptions are more often (kids, cats on Keyboards, spouses, etc.) and yes skill is lower (reaction time, knowing what to press). 

A personal problem is not a game problem. I have 7 indoor cats, some run across my keyboard, one likes to just drop on my mouse while I'm playing and sometimes gets me killed. When that happens, it's not a problem with the game. Warframe has pausing when set to solo. Skill issues are a personal problem that can be overcome by the individual. Warframe is heavily about using tools [knowledge] or situational awareness, rather than being mechanically good or twitch reflex. You can have 1k mental ping and be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latetier said:

its pretty funny seeing all these elitists saying "just git guud" meanwhile de has nerfed the heck out of it already proving they knew there was many issues with it and they agreed which is why it was nerfed. 😂

I like the stronger version as well... honestly every time DE nerfs an enemy or content (Jackal, Steel Path Netracells, Jade Eximus) it is kind of saddening. I'd really like at some point for DE to offer a dynamic end game or even in-game challenge that pushes these ridiculous builds and survivability to a real test. The closest we've gotten is Fragmented One. 

Yet. We will always have people complaining that content is too hard. People are even asking for a visible circle in netracells because they can't read a mini map. 

I'm not judging. It's just a difference of opinion on what is enjoyable and I.think most people want challenging content not something akin to AFK brain dead non- engaging content. Yet, in the same breath people will find the easiest way to complete an objective - working smarter not harder. 

Understanding the dichotomy of these two simultaneously occuring mentality is where the balance is achieved. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, latetier said:

Not what happened. What happened was

1. DE releases Jade Light Eximus.
  2. Hotfix is released and bugs Jade Light Eximus, making them deal far more damage.
  3. DE releases another hotfix that fixes Jade Light Eximus and returns them to their original state.

The only "nerf" was was a bugfix that made them behave how they were supposed to, i.e. like how they worked on release.

Edited by Arbitrary
  • Like 5

I'd be more okay with the laser beam of doom, but its especially annoying when doing things like hacking a console or performing a capture animation

It should not be pulsing that much damage so quickly

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arbitrary said:

Not what happened. What happened was

1. DE releases Jade Light Eximus.
  2. Hotfix is released and bugs Jade Light Eximus, making them deal far more damage.
  3. DE releases another hotfix that fixes Jade Light Eximus and returns them to their original state.

The only "nerf" was was a bugfix that made them behave how they were supposed to, i.e. like how they worked on release.

i played on release and it was horrid. 50 lasers chasing everyone doing crazy damage. try it now. its like 1 laser every 20 seconds at best. this is including non event missions.

they toned down the spawn rate a ton. probably did it stealth with no patch notes.

so you choose 2 answers. 1 it was broken on release as people have been saying. except these "git guud" people. which still tracks with DE agreeing with the people "complaining" about the light.

2 it wasnt broken on release and de STILL made it spawn way less then before, which still tracks with agreeing with the "complainers"

either way you look at it, DE agrees with the complaints about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

I like the stronger version as well... honestly every time DE nerfs an enemy or content (Jackal, Steel Path Netracells, Jade Eximus) it is kind of saddening. I'd really like at some point for DE to offer a dynamic end game or even in-game challenge that pushes these ridiculous builds and survivability to a real test. The closest we've gotten is Fragmented One. 

Yet. We will always have people complaining that content is too hard. People are even asking for a visible circle in netracells because they can't read a mini map. 

I'm not judging. It's just a difference of opinion on what is enjoyable and I.think most people want challenging content not something akin to AFK brain dead non- engaging content. Yet, in the same breath people will find the easiest way to complete an objective - working smarter not harder. 

Understanding the dichotomy of these two simultaneously occuring mentality is where the balance is achieved. 

if people like you dont like brain dead easy content idk how you got that far in warframe, cause all warframe is, is that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, latetier said:

if people like you dont like brain dead easy content idk how you got that far in warframe, cause all warframe is, is that.

I like finding synergies behind different frames, weapons and companions. I like the modding system. I like in-game trading, fashion frame, and building out different weapons. I'm not a meta slave and certainly find that I can shred outside the meta easily though it takes thinking and testing.  I especially like the discord group I've built around different players where we do things our own way and get along nicely - and that we're from all over the world.

Why do you play? 

Edited by NeDesitVirtus
  • Like 3

On 2024-07-06 at 10:37 PM, NeDesitVirtus said:

I like finding synergies behind different frames, weapons and companions. I like the modding system. I like in-game trading, fashion frame, and building out different weapons. I'm not a meta slave and certainly find that I can shred outside the meta easily though it takes thinking and testing.  I especially like the discord group I've built around different players where we do things our own way and get along nicely - and that we're from all over the world.

Why do you play? 

Warframe PVE players are never beating the "can only play Warframe because it's braindead" allegations. You can see this from how they scream bloody murder whenever Warframe even dares trying to step outside the braindead easy box.

These people don't value Warframe for being a unique videogame with unique mechanics and whatnot- they just want a vaguely action oriented "game" that will coddle and pat their backs with big numbers and particle effects for having functioning thumbs.

• Like 3

On 2024-07-06 at 10:49 PM, BansheeAndZephyrMarried said:

Warframe PVE players are never beating the "can only play Warframe because it's braindead" allegations. You can see this from how they scream bloody murder whenever Warframe even dares trying to step outside the braindead easy box.

These people don't value Warframe for being a unique videogame with unique mechanics and whatnot- they just want a vaguely action oriented "game" that will coddle and pat their backs with big numbers and particle effects for having functioning thumbs.

Well, I suppose you're right. Easy-mode power frantasy on a revenant with a torid creates such. 

same energy as this

the-one-true-way-v0-yw1r5zp3cxad1.png?au

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, latetier said:

1 it was broken on release as people have been saying.

It wasn't. If you look at complaints about Jade Light Eximus's damage, you can see that most happened after U36.0.2, which was the patch that bugged their damage. The U36.0.3 patch notes themselves say that they

• Fixed Jade Light Eximus’ light beam attack doing significantly more damage after Hotfix 36.0.2.

1 hour ago, latetier said:

de STILL made it spawn way less then before

Because they toned down the spawn rates in Ascension in general as part of a fix for the loot cave.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Arbitrary said:

Because they toned down the spawn rates in Ascension in general as part of a fix for the loot cave.

it spawned nearly the same rates in non event missions too on release. it was pretty bad. now its almost non existent in non event mission, compared to on release.

which again, goes to the original point. de agrees with us "casual pve, baby, complainers" 🤷‍♀️

Edited by latetier
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, latetier said:

it spawned nearly the same rates in non event missions too on release. it was pretty bad. now its almost non existent in non event mission, compared to on release.

which again, goes to the original point. de agrees with us "casual pve, baby, complainers" 🤷‍♀️

"Fixing Issue A requires fixing Issue B, Issue B is fixed which must mean they fixed it due to our complaints!!"

Byproducts very much don't mean agreement.

Even so I feel dubious about the claims of the increased spawns outside of jade missions.
Never had anything of the sort happen from release to any of the hotfixes even in the most dense of populations of eximus units in steel path missions. Have not seen ridiculous numbers as people claim unless in the event/alert missions. Really feels like a fallacy claim. Also feels like a very odd thing to "Stealth nerf" Instead of address as well.

There is also a very large absence of posts addressing it as you would think it would be a community widespread issue.

Edited by darklord122
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, supernils said:

Although I agree the Jade Eximus should be fine for everyone, people complaining here could be console players, just saying. Imagine playing Warframe with a gamepad.

The game is just fine on a gamepad. And they're more than sufficient for holding an analog stick in the forward position, which is all they need to deal with Jade enemies anyway.

• Like 3

The prime example of elitist. Its a game, the more you to make it some kind of achievment to play the bigger loser you are. Look mom i can hit this pixel with that other pixel better than the other guy with his pixels. Pathetic. 

• Like 5