The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hate Volt, he's the new Limbo

(XBOX)KayAitch

5 hours ago, TempestSonata said:

The Irony here is that Titania does more harm to Warframe than Volt ever could. Titania saps all enjoyment from new players running fissure missions by nuking the entire map and getting to extraction in under a minute. Which then leaves all other players with nothing to do except run to extraction. I have a suggestion, why don't we take away Titania's speed so Titania mains can feel gratitude for added speed instead of gross entitlement. 

Blame the Helminth and the fact that it allows nuke-abilities on non-nuking frames to begin with (you could blame Gauss for, I dunno, existing at all)

Without helminth, Titania is just a pure archgunner with some mild CC and support, the way she was intended to be played

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

Il y a 7 heures, Pakaku a dit :

Blame the Helminth and the fact that it allows nuke-abilities on non-nuking frames to begin with (you could blame Gauss for, I dunno, existing at all)

Without helminth, Titania is just a pure archgunner with some mild CC and support, the way she was intended to be played

Would be a different story if AoE abilities were restricted onto mobility spells, the same way you can't have roar and vex armor at the same time. 🙄

20 hours ago, TempestSonata said:

The Irony here is that Titania does more harm to Warframe than Volt ever could. Titania saps all enjoyment from new players running fissure missions by nuking the entire map and getting to extraction in under a minute. Which then leaves all other players with nothing to do except run to extraction. I have a suggestion, why don't we take away Titania's speed so Titania mains can feel gratitude for added speed instead of gross entitlement. 

that's on the devs for not nerfing thermal sunder enough, just like they didn't nerf roar and eclipse enough

Edited by RyllusPurple

On 2024-07-10 at 7:10 AM, Pakaku said:

It's definitely not new, speed Volts have been obnoxious for years

I will, however, give a huge shout-out to Volts who run (pun unintended) a Narrowminded build so they only give themselves their speed buffs

I believe it is a Volt's job to ensure everyone in the squad has a speed buff. If I am playing Volt, I absolutely go out of my way to speed boost everyone to extraction, if I am playing with a Volt, I think they're selfish if they're not helping the team go faster by giving their teammates speed. Being first to extraction means nothing if the rest of the squad is struggling to keep up.

Also, a good speed build should have narrow minded anyway because you need the duration. Idk if there's a single Volt out there who uses narrow minded to reduce the range, that's just a side effect.

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, KopfJaeger a dit :

Also, a good speed build should have narrow minded anyway because you need the duration. Idk if there's a single Volt out there who uses narrow minded to reduce the range, that's just a side effect.

That's because Volt speed isn't a instant aoe buff to self and allies in range ; but is in fact a drop a lingering buff on the ground at a location and everybody walking through it will get the buff. So a bad Volt lagging behind his teamates will not give buff to allies out of range, and they won't walk into the buff either ; while a good Volt will be ahead of his teammates, drop the buff in a door or a corridor, and when his temmates are forced to go through, they'll get the buff. The timing and positioning of Volt matters, regardless of effective range. (Wisp Mote function in the same way ; low range isn't a issue if it's well placed ahead of time)

Edited by dwqrf

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

That's because Volt speed isn't a instant aoe buff to self and allies in range ; but is in fact a drop a lingering buff on the ground at a location and everybody walking through it will get the buff. So a bad Volt lagging behind his teamates will not give buff to allies out of range, and they won't walk into the buff either ; while a good Volt will be ahead of his teammates, drop the buff in a door or a corridor, and when his temmates are forced to go through, they'll get the buff. The timing and positioning of Volt matters, regardless of effective range. (Wisp Mote function in the same way ; low range isn't a issue if it's well placed ahead of time)

idk what to say, you're just wrong lol

il y a 48 minutes, KopfJaeger a dit :

idk what to say, you're just wrong lol

Yes, maybe I'm wrong, but until you prove it to me, I'm still almost sure that's how it works. So that's what you can say : proof of your counter argument.

Edit 1 :
As per update 18.13 :

Speed Changes:

• FOV reduced.
  • Addition of Hasten Coil pickup upon cast of Speed, granting allies the choice to undergo Speed's effects or not.

As per update 18.14 :

• Volt will be able to see the Speed pickup he creates.
  • Volt can now recast Speed.
    • Each recast will replace the prior speed pickup to the new casting location.
  • Tweaked the animation of Speed pickup to spin more.

So yeah, that's the way it used to work, and I couldn't find any changes anywhere. You may argue that it was almost 8 years, but that's the last time I played Volt and I haven't seen any mecanical changes to speed pop up in patch notes over the years, except the ability to cancel it with a backroll.

Edit 2 :
As per Hotfix : Lunaro 5 :

Speed has been reverted to instantly affect allies in the cast radius, rather than create a pick-up.

• Allies can now backflip to remove Speed if they wish to opt-out.

Erm. My bad.

Edited by dwqrf

3 hours ago, KopfJaeger said:

I believe it is a Volt's job to ensure everyone in the squad has a speed buff. If I am playing Volt, I absolutely go out of my way to speed boost everyone to extraction, if I am playing with a Volt, I think they're selfish if they're not helping the team go faster by giving their teammates speed. Being first to extraction means nothing if the rest of the squad is struggling to keep up.

The only thing speed does is make me crash into walls, and throws off the timing I’m used to with my regular speed. It’s really, really not necessary

• Like 1

il y a 4 minutes, Pakaku a dit :

The only thing speed does is make me crash into walls, and throws off the timing I’m used to with my regular speed. It’s really, really not necessary

Wisp brings the same issue ; and I encounter much more often Wisps than Volts.

• Like 1

On 2024-07-09 at 7:42 PM, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

I hate Volt.

Specifically I hate maxed out power strength Volt firing up his massive speed boost in tight cramped levels and making the entire team slower.

Like Limbo, you can dodge cancel out of it. But it's still annoying.

I mostly play relics and the like as Titania - she's fast enough, she does not need any help from Volt. Quite the opposite - in anything but an open world she becomes unplayable, stun locked too unless you Primed Sure Footed maxed and on.

And Titania can't dodge cancel, not while in Razorwing. Blink doesn't cancel it. You have to exit Razorwing, dodge, re cast it, catch up with the squad only for the motherf***ing Volt bas***d to re-cast the wretched thing.

Please could we have some way to opt out of detrimental buffs? Or maybe just some thought into how abilities interact? Like, Razorwing is already fast and Titania already can buff speed to unplayable levels, maybe it should just ignore Volt's team speed buff?

Maybe you should stop using titania with thermal sunder and just pick up Gauss. The arrogance of someone subsuming ability on frame and then thinking their setup with razorwing augment warrants hate on a speed buff frame that helps the entire squad keep up with you in a fissure mission. Wow.

• Like 3

On 2024-08-10 at 1:30 AM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

They're probably not grinding it, but New players must do relics to get past some junction iirc. Which might in turn get them to do more of it, when they understand the joy of getting some loot. Or alternatively, get completely confused as to why there's weird coloured fog everywhere but no enemies in sight.

If you have no consideration for new players and slowing down when you see there are some in your squad, then there's no reason for a single Volt player in your squad not to put a jackhammer over his 2 key.

This thread was basically about how you feel. Have you stopped to consider how others feel?

Running towards extraction having nothing else to do only adds up to get you closer to burning out from the grind.

Everyday I thank the void they made SP fissures a thing. So that I don't have to put up with all the Titanias. Instead I'm locked in my own circle of hell where a bunch of rev mains are leeching about.

Sad Good Morning GIF by Kiszkiloszki

I love seeing Titanias in my fissure runs when im on my 300 strength volt. 

Edited by vixenpixel
  • Like 2

How would everyone feel about a Mod that gives you a cap on your movement speed--like, I don't know, +75% of base?--in exchange for some other reward based on how much speed you don't have access to?

Something sort of like this:
JcajeQR.png
(Slapped together in MS Paint with Speed Drift as a base)

So if, for example, your Sprint Speed is 200%, then you'll only run at 1.75x speed. But while you're running, the loot your pick up will be boosted by that additional 25% that was lost due to this limiter. Then if a Volt comes along and boosts even further, you still only run at 1.75x while collecting even more loot in proportion to Volt's boost.

In that case, even people running speedy frames won't be bothered by Volt boosting it further, because all they'll be boosting is the loot you pick up. You'd see a Volt on your team and think: "Nice! I'll get more loot now..."

Wouldn't have to be loot necessarily, just something; it could be damage reduction, energy generation, faction damage, etc.

1 hour ago, Probably_Asleep said:

How would everyone feel about a Mod that gives you a cap on your movement speed--like, I don't know, +75% of base?--in exchange for some other reward based on how much speed you don't have access to?

JcajeQR.png

So if, for example, your Sprint Speed is 200%, then you'll only run at 1.75x speed. But while you're running, the loot your pick up will be boosted by that additional 25% that was lost due to this limiter. Then if a Volt comes along and boosts even further, you still only run at 1.75x while collecting even more loot in proportion to Volt's boost.

In that case, even people running speedy frames won't be bothered by Volt boosting it further, because all they'll be boosting is the loot you pick up. You'd see a Volt on your team and think: "Nice! I'll get more loot now..."

Wouldn't have to be loot necessarily, just something; it could be damage reduction, energy generation, faction damage, etc.

Oh great a best in slot mod you have to equip on every single frame. Great suggestion. Let's punish speedy frames shall we? Volt suddenly the only frame you go to sp for cuz steel essence. Arbitrations. Lets force all volt builds to build five hundred strength. 

(If it's not loot... Sure, i dont mind, if it is loot: the sheer implications of this... An entire looter shooter meta changed with one mod)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, vixenpixel said:

Oh great a best in slot mod you have to equip on every single frame. Great suggestion. Let's punish speedy frames shall we? Volt suddenly the only frame you go to sp for cuz steel essence. Arbitrations. Lets force all volt builds to build five hundred strength. 

(If it's not loot... Sure, i dont mind, if it is loot: the sheer implications of this... An entire looter shooter meta changed with one mod)

That's a fair point. A loot boost would really upset the balance. In all honesty I chose "loot" solely because it was only four characters, and I needed something to fit on a single line to minimize the work it would take to make it in Paint.

I literally lol'd at your post though because of the quick tone shift: "SARCASSSM!!! (But it's not a bad idea in principle...)" I'm weak to that sort of high-contrast humor, well played.

5 hours ago, Probably_Asleep said:

That's a fair point. A loot boost would really upset the balance. In all honesty I chose "loot" solely because it was only four characters, and I needed something to fit on a single line to minimize the work it would take to make it in Paint.

I literally lol'd at your post though because of the quick tone shift: "SARCASSSM!!! (But it's not a bad idea in principle...)" I'm weak to that sort of high-contrast humor, well played.

Glad you took it like that! :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Probably_Asleep said:

JcajeQR.png

So if, for example, your Sprint Speed is 200%, then you'll only run at 1.75x speed. But while you're running, the loot your pick up will be boosted by that additional 25% that was lost due to this limiter. Then if a Volt comes along and boosts even further, you still only run at 1.75x while collecting even more loot in proportion to Volt's boost

Ivara already has this as an ability, called Prowl. It doubles loot from nearby enemies. 

We slap a load of yellow parkour shards on her and roll about instead.

Still, it kinda sucks. If you're grinding a resource folks just take Khora or Nekros, it's 10x as effective.

11 hours ago, Probably_Asleep said:

JcajeQR.png

I like the mod but it is very situational and I don't think a lot of people would use it unless you were already playing a fast frame yourself.

This is not something I would ever consider equipping on anyone besides Gauss or Volt simply because something better could go in that slot for other frames.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Ivara already has this as an ability, called Prowl. It doubles loot from nearby enemies. 

We slap a load of yellow parkour shards on her and roll about instead.

Still, it kinda sucks. If you're grinding a resource folks just take Khora or Nekros, it's 10x as effective.

I just read the Wiki page on Prowl and wow you're so right! It decreases speed and gives you more loot. (Albeit through a slightly different mechanism, but it's very similar)

I'm now imagining some sort of "thieves assembly line." Like an Ivara stands inside a "Blood Altar Mag" bubble while pickpocketing, then Mag uses her Pull on a schedule to yank robbed enemies over to a Khora that kills them while a Nekros is running around looting corpses.

Probably wouldn't be very efficient. I'm reading now that Ivara can only rob one enemy at a time (makes sense). But it's a funny visual in my head.

1 hour ago, Quest said:

I like the mod but it is very situational and I don't think a lot of people would use it unless you were already playing a fast frame yourself.

This is not something I would ever consider equipping on anyone besides Gauss or Volt simply because something better could go in that slot for other frames.

That's true. Mod space is probably the most valuable resource in Warframe. Although, I do have a build that goes all in on Sprint I think it's 2.42x. If that was cut to 1.75x then it would mean there would be a 67% boost to whatever the reward was. If the reward were something like a Faction Damage boost or Damage Reduction then I'd probably find some use out of that. (The mechanics would have to be tweaked though since a lot of attacks will cancel a Sprint; maybe something like reaching max speed grants a "refreshable" 15 seconds boost to some stat)