The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where are the warframes stored in the Orbiter?

First and foremost is we don't even know how big the Orbiter really is. DE keep adding new segments into that thing. Drifter's Camp only show the top side of the Orbiter.

• Like 1

One could ask many questions about the Orbiter and Landing Craft, like how do the frames getting that revolving magnetic door since is in the bottom of the landing craft? Unless is just some teleporter or void summoning like when you summon gear?
How does non-Liset craft connect to the Orbiter?

IIRC, there used to be a bed of some sort where Helmith now resides

After seeing how a full Helmith drops off Frames, I would presume that there is a chamber somewhere along Helmiths area that houses the frames and we can get them via Teleport using the Arsenal.

Real question is how are they stored down there? are they like the Iron Man armors just standing in chambers or are they like the alien guys in Toy Story inside the claw machine waiting to be plucked by the picker of frames? what if they are in a coffee break room walking and talking while waiting for their turn to be picked? the one i wanna see is all of them sitting around poker tables waiting for such and such to get back so they can finish the hand lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

^ and Umbra's tendency to move about. (voluntary movement) I think there is potential for further detailing here (on a narrative level) via quest.

I would still pay good plat to have Umbra just wandering around the ship when not in use, fiddling with the consoles, playing the Shawzin, or hell even in the camp hanging out with Ordis, Kahl and his crew or sitting by the fire playing songs or other things.
We could have him as the 'nice' counterpart to Wally, a plesant surprise of Space Daddy just hanging about "are you winning Operator?"

• Like 6

On 2024-07-22 at 10:34 PM, JadeFromWarframe said:

In the balls.

I expected this, and it still got me.

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

19 hours ago, ominumi said:

First and foremost is we don't even know how big the Orbiter really is. DE keep adding new segments into that thing. Drifter's Camp only show the top side of the Orbiter.

I still question how the heck they even managed to park it there. Maybe I'm the fool but I feel like it would've been easier to hide the Orbiter in space.

2 hours ago, Vashtorr_the_Arkifane said:

I would still pay good plat to have Umbra just wandering around the ship when not in use, fiddling with the consoles, playing the Shawzin, or hell even in the camp hanging out with Ordis, Kahl and his crew or sitting by the fire playing songs or other things.
We could have him as the 'nice' counterpart to Wally, a plesant surprise of Space Daddy just hanging about "are you winning Operator?"

Before The New War there was a part of me that felt sympathetic towards Ballas. I thought it'd be cool if we just slowly amassed random NPCs in our Orbiter, Operator, Wally, Helminth, Umbra.

I imagined Ballas crashing on our Orbiter and being that one drunken roommate who never contributes to anything, but I thought it'd be funny if you just couldn't get rid of him either.

Edited by Zahnrad
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Zahnrad said:

I expected this, and it still got me.

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

I still question how the heck they even managed to park it there. Maybe I'm the fool but I feel like it would've been easier to hide the Orbiter in space.

Before The New War there was a part of me that felt sympathetic towards Ballas. I thought it'd be cool if we just slowly amassed random NPCs in our Orbiter, Operator, Wally, Helminth, Umbra.

I imagined Ballas crashing on our Orbiter and being that one drunken roommate who never contributes to anything, but I thought it'd be funny if you just couldn't get rid of him either.

I still question what Ordis was doing after the Orikin Massarce if you start a new game, the Orbiter just happen to be in space for thousands of years.

18 minutes ago, ominumi said:

I still question what Ordis was doing after the Orikin Massarce if you start a new game, the Orbiter just happen to be in space for thousands of years.

I believe he's just been waiting. Through the cephalon fragments you find that after the Orokin Eye fell, he was able to access who he used to be. The truth caused Ordis to become self-destructive, damaging himself only to reach a calm state once he erased his memories. Only to fall into a cycle of remembering and forgetting, damaging himself to the point you see Pre-New War.

Eventually during one of those cycles he came to terms with himself. I forget exactly how it went down, but I believe he finally learnt to accept it. Ordis may be a cephalon under percepts, but one of them was to always love and take care of the Operator, even though it was artificial, that same warmth gave him the strength to move on. He accepted that he would wait until the Operator finally returned.

Edited by Zahnrad

If you want to go a fun route.

Tenno have shown the capacity of quantum superposition and/or entanglement. Though they've seem only skilled enough to a limit of two places they can exists at once for a fraction of time. Weird things start to happen with this concept. I say "skilled enough to a limit of two place" and use both theories of superposition and entanglement for good reason. If you isolate superposition (such as The Second Dream being locked out of their frame) it is simply that. Once it collides with other particles it becomes entangled with them (Durviri, Zaramin and their little play on time as a fairly unimportant concept).

By these concepts we can claim Tenno don't need a place to store frames since they are always using each at all times.

7 hours ago, Zahnrad said:

I believe he's just been waiting. Through the cephalon fragments you find that after the Orokin Eye fell, he was able to access who he used to be. The truth caused Ordis to become self-destructive, damaging himself only to reach a calm state once he erased his memories. Only to fall into a cycle of remembering and forgetting, damaging himself to the point you see Pre-New War.

Eventually during one of those cycles he came to terms with himself. I forget exactly how it went down, but I believe he finally learnt to accept it. Ordis may be a cephalon under percepts, but one of them was to always love and take care of the Operator, even though it was artificial, that same warmth gave him the strength to move on. He accepted that he would wait until the Operator finally returned.

What I meant was where did Ordis hide the Orbiter for thousands of years? Someone would of notice a space ship like that then chase after it.

5 hours ago, ominumi said:

What I meant was where did Ordis hide the Orbiter for thousands of years? Someone would of notice a space ship like that then chase after it.

I believe there's a line somewhere about the Orbiter being cloaked in the Void.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ominumi said:

The Orbiter and the Landing Craft have Void Cloak technology.

So they are impossible to see until they uncloak. It's implied they cannot be hit while cloaked but not confirmed.

15 hours ago, Zahnrad said:

If you look out the back of the transference room and/or personal quarters you can see the deep ocean/deep water.

Going off the sounds of the camp, it's near the ocean. So he probably found a cliff face connected to the ocean and parks it via diving into the sea and carefully navigating into that cove.

Space would have been a bad thing as Ballas knows how to find/detect their void signature.

• Like 1

So, this is the concept art:

Spoiler

GEAXFNwXAAAnKRV?format=jpg&name=large

If you look carefully, the actual Landing craft (our default Liset) is docked in the veeeeerrrrry front-most tip of the Orbiter.

When you reach the Drifter camp on Earth, you can see the white area that's along the top, going back and gripping that central chamber which we presume is where the main Transference chair is. The Lander floats above its usual docking space, and that's where we get the overall scale of the ship from. The personal quarters and the Helminth room are also in this white area in the two areas on the side.

At the back are obviously the engines, that's no great mystery, but there's this large area beneath the Lander and the white over-ship that extends under until you reach the central chamber. That area is presumed to be the storage space for our Arsenal.

What's really interesting is that the Orbiter was designed as a Stealth ship, but it features a lot of the structural points that look similar to the elements we have on the Railjack. So we don't know whether this is going to come into play more, or less, as time goes on.

• Like 2

Honestly I hope DE give us another Orbiter expansion. Does anyone else remember when the Orbiter was incredibly cramped? No floor behind the Arsenal, just an extremely claustrophobic space?

Probably asking for too much here, but I'd like some sort of "Orbiter Museum" type thing, that has a physical display for all our Weapons and Warframes.

If anyone has played the Skyrim mod Legacy of the Dragonborn, something like that.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

It be awesome if we could explore the entirety of the orbiter

Me too , I am absolutely certain there will be a bag of holding scenario for the amount of nanospores we collect.

8 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Me too , I am absolutely certain there will be a bag of holding scenario for the amount of nanospores we collect.

It be cool if we could also see the outside of the orbiter with our railjack

8 minutes ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

It be cool if we could also see the outside of the orbiter with our railjack

There is some concept art that was shared earlier , and it may yet happen but it's gonna be huge if it does.

But I am not keeping my hopes up , cause them DE will be limiting their scope , and DE is allergic to having something that can't be later expanded.

• Like 1