The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade Shadows: Hotfix 36.0.8

Please look into improving the acquisition for Corpus Railjack Armaments. 2.50% from a Crewship that spawns twice per mission makes them completely irrelevant compared to Grineer Armaments.

• Like 5

could you make Jade beams also not ramp when they hit incapacitated players?

(hacking terminals, frozen, knocked down, rag dolled, activating life support, stunned etc)

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Please look into improving the acquisition for Corpus Railjack Armaments. 2.50% from a Crewship that spawns twice per mission makes them completely irrelevant compared to Grineer Armaments.

yeah, I'd really like to have some non-Zetki Glazio guns

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Cross Platform Save Changes:
Last month we added a change to Cross Platform Save which affected purchased items on Linked Accounts. Players reported to us that in rare situations, some of the intended items were not being transferred as we said they should be. We have narrowed down the cause of this and included a fix for all future Account Links in this Hotfix. We will be running a script to fix this for any affected players soon and will update the original post once it is completed.

New Player Experience Changes: 

• Moved The Duviri Paradox Quest as a reward for completing Vor’s Prize to the Saturn to Uranus Junction. 
    • As we continue to add to our Main Story path with Warframe 1999, our team is focused on improving the New Player Experience and removing points of confusion in a player’s journey. We added Duviri in 2023 as an alternative tutorial for players -- after reviewing player behavior, it was moved behind Vor’s Prize in Echoes of Duviri. With more player feedback under our belts, we have made the decision to move player access to this story behind the Uranus Junction. As a team, we’re dedicated to experimenting and expanding Warframe’s weirdness, but player experience is king above all else! 
    • If you had already unlocked this Quest prior to this Hotfix (i.e. completed Vor’s Prize), you will still have access to it regardless of your Junction completion.
  • Made improvements to the Saya’s Vigil Quest to help address moments where players would get confused or be uncertain how to proceed. 
    • Added waypoint markers to the Glass Shards in the Plains of Eidolon to help players more easily find and scan them. 
    • Improved waypoint placement and increased the opacity of the glass window upon approaching the Vault to make the path to the Shard clearer to players in the Hek’s Galleon mission. 
    • Updated various Objective descriptions to better explain expected player actions and added a waypoint to the Elevator into the Vault in the Hek’s Galleon mission.

Changes: 

• Jade Light Eximus will now no longer ramp up their damage against Defense Targets, Excavators, Rescue Targets, etc. 
    • They will now deal a flat 100 damage per tick. 
  • Players who have sealed 100+ Thermia Fractures will now see “ALL REWARDS COLLECTED” instead of the list of reward tiers for the Thermia Fractures event in their World State Window. 
    • This change removes unnecessary clutter from this screen, making room for more relevant information to be displayed at the front of the Orbiter!
  • Changed AX-52’s Critical Chance headshot mechanic to Stacked Multiply instead of Add when applying the Critical Chance buff.  
    • This addresses unintended interactions with Abilities such as Xata’s Whisper. 
    • Also updated the Unique Trait description to better communicate the end result of this Critical Chance headshot mechanic. The buff effectiveness has actually increased very slightly, but players should expect similar results overall.
      • Was: Aimed Headshots have +100% Critical Chance.
      • Now: Aimed Headshots have +400% Critical Chance.

Fixes:

• Fixed Melee Incarnons not displaying Incarnon charging UI for Clients with Melee Retaliation equipped.
  • Fixed being unable to see a Clan Applicant’s message when requesting to join a Clan via the Clan Advertisement system.
  • Fixed entering Bleedout (instead of the intended Spectral form) with Dagath’s Grave Spirit active if the fatal blow dealt Blast damage. 
  • Fixed the Fluctus not benefiting from the “Fire Manual Trigger Weapons Continuously” toggle in the Accessibility settings. 
  • Fixed one of Ember Heirloom’s sleeves appearing darker than the other. 
  • Fixed Archons in Archon Hunts not using their proper Narmer Weaknesses/Resistances. 
    • As a refresher, here are the Narmer vulnerabilities/resistances: 
      • Vulnerable to Slash and Toxin
      • Resistant to Magnetic
    • The Archons in The New War Quest remain neutral since you don’t know what the “Narmer” faction is until the near end of the Quest, and therefore wouldn’t be able to plan for them given that you are locked into the Quest once started. 
  • Fixed an issue where Kullervo’s Wrathful Advance could collide with and get stuck on Guardian Shell. 
  • Fixed the Arcane Boiler not spawning in the “Arcane Machine” mission of the Stolen Dreams Quest as reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1406669-arcane-boiler-doesnt-spawn-at-the-end-of-stolen-dreams/ 
  • Fixed Nikanas equipped with Blind Justice not being able to do default Finishers. 
  • Fixed cursor in the Duviri Hacking Puzzle being positioned slightly below the line instead of directly on it as intended. 
  • Fixed rare chance that Clients experience performance issues caused by the Ghost Mirror objective in Duviri. 
  • Fixed Jade firing from her feet in Glory on High if players had subsumed over Ophanim Eyes.
  • Fixed Maggot diorama in Codex missing its textures. 
  • Fixed Railjack enemy outlines being misaligned with custom HUD scaling. 
  • Fixed a small hitch when selecting the Zephyr Harrier Collection in the Market. 
  • Fixed Loid’s hair being too dark in the Sanctum Anatomica.
  • Fixed Dominus Thrax’s head in the Duviri skybox not updating to reflect the current Spiral for clients. 
  • Fixed Dog Days enemies being unable to target players if they stand on a certain section of the tile.
  • Fixed enemies clipping into the wall when hiding beside a certain locker in the Grineer Galleon tileset. 
  • Fixed unintended popping sound when reloading the Corinth Prime. 
  • Fixed various map holes in the Grineer Galleon Defense tile.
  • Fixed being able to see through the map in a section of the Orb Vallis.
  • Fixed performance issues caused by Energy Leech Eximus. 
  • Fixed script errors caused by Look and Mod Link.
  • Fixed script error caused by the Mod preview window. 

I am her to once again ask you to undo this change:
image3398.png

I have a thread about the reasons why it's actually making the game harder to play for people like me:

• Like 10

Still no fix for certain Kitguns not being able to use the new Cannonade mods.

Still no fix for Excalibur Umbra not retaining non-mod related health buffs during Transference as per: 

Please change abilities like Khora's Whipclaw not benefitting from Archon Stretch and the like. They are abilities, and the logic for exempting them from "On ability damage" Archon mods does not make sense. On the topic of Khora, please give Venari and Venari Prime base shields. There is no reason for Venari to completely lack any base shields.

Please remove Entrati Lanthorn from Elite Deep Archimedea drop tables. It has become a very abundant resource since Whispers in the Walls was released, and more so after Dante Unbound. Dedicating a weekly drop to 3 Entrati Lanthorns is a very poor choice and should either be replaced or removed.

Please give the Veilbreaker store some evergreen items to spend Kahl's Stock on to keep weekly Veilbreaker stuff at least somewhat relevant after nabbing all of the Styanax parts, Archon mods, etc. 

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Moved The Duviri Paradox Quest as a reward for completing Vor’s Prize to the Saturn to Uranus Junction. 

• As we continue to add to our Main Story path with Warframe 1999, our team is focused on improving the New Player Experience and removing points of confusion in a player’s journey. We added Duviri in 2023 as an alternative tutorial for players -- after reviewing player behavior, it was moved behind Vor’s Prize in Echoes of Duviri. With more player feedback under our belts, we have made the decision to move player access to this story behind the Uranus Junction. As a team, we’re dedicated to experimenting and expanding Warframe’s weirdness, but player experience is king above all else!

Very good change, but I'd personally just go all the way and push it as the first thing a player should do after completing the New war. It just makes sense and helps connect all the story bits together. Duviri paradox really does zero sense until you experience New war and I don't think earlier access to Duviri is worth it, if you lose the meaning and story significance.

After all the changes you've made to new player experience, I think getting past New war is no issue at all anymore and it still can be immensly streamlined, so I wouldn't worry and just put it where it belongs.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Players who have sealed 100+ Thermia Fractures will now see “ALL REWARDS COLLECTED” instead of the list of reward tiers for the Thermia Fractures event in their World State Window. 

• This change removes unnecessary clutter from this screen, making room for more relevant information to be displayed at the front of the Orbiter!

That is nice.

Btw. While we are on this topic, could Thermia Fractures get a QoL pass. It's been years since this thing released and it's still a miserable experience that people play ONLY if they must. This thing (and Ghouls as well) should work like Fomorian and Razorback armada. Make it an event that people want to play, because there is a useful reward. Thermia and Ghouls are abandoned and it's sad.

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Is it still a problem after the most recent patch?

Yep, its still here. My Strun is acting as a normal Strun with no indicator it has an incarnon genesis equipped onto it even though I went into it just fine.

And there is also the annoying thing where the blue indicator will remain if you go into an exalted weapon. Wonder if that bug with incarnon modes can also be fixed.

Edited by Numerounius
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Fixed Jade firing from her feet in Glory on High if players had subsumed over Ophanim Eyes.

Getting rid of foot stuff? This is not the DE I know

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Taylor a dit :

Changes: 

• Jade Light Eximus will now no longer ramp up their damage against Defense Targets, Excavators, Rescue Targets, etc. 
    • They will now deal a flat 100 damage per tick. 

It's a little too strong I tested in the simulacrum.

Is DE aware that for some people, certain warframe abilities, which seem to all include a cone shaped targeting, just completly fail and miss all targets that are well within range and LOS? Personally, Garuda's seeking talons is giving me a ton of trouble for something that is so interagral to her kit. I have also seen posts about Citrine and Kullervo just to name some others. I just have not seen anything about it being a known issue.

Otherwise thank you for this update.

• Like 6

Oh wow, we're finally realizing a year after Duviri's launch that it still made no sense to access it after finishing the very first quest in the game!

If you ask me, players will still be incredibly confused by this even after going through Saturn.
You should not be able to experience Duviri until you have been introduced to the Operator, as that is when the lore of the Tenno, and the Void begins to be heavily pushed onto the player.

And, again, returning to my stubborn quest:

• Status Effects no longer inherit Energy Colors, so players can more easily identify when an enemy is affected by a Status Effect.

How many times must we ask for this feature back before we're even acknowledged?
At this point I'd be happy if a staff member just straight up told us "No." At least then we'd know they aren't ignoring us.

There is no benefit to this feature being removed entirely. You may have pleased people who hated status effect colors, but you have also pissed off everyone who loved them in the same move because you hardly thought about this decision.
I am not kidding when I say customizing status colors was one of my favorite features in the game. 

Do the devs even realize there is a subset of players who have had their experience completely ruined now that they can't mute the obnoxious status effects by using black energy? Come on now, I know they aren't ignorant to that... right?

If there are a few people who can't be bothered to look at the icons above the health bar that show what statuses enemies are suffering from, then add a toggle that allows them to disable the effect. Why should everyone lose this feature because some people don't enjoy it?

You've already added the ability to highlight enemies, making enemy colors no longer matter as they physically cannot blend in with the environment with a highlight around them.
But, this was added as an optional feature. If it makes the game easier for some, why not just make it the standard, right?

Obviously, I don't want to be forced to look at enemy highlights. This is a dramatic example to show how stupid this train of thought is.
It is an accessibility option for a reason. 
I'm starting to get frustrated with this blatant disregard for your players.

Edited by FaraTenno
  • Like 6

I know you guys probably don't care what my opinion is, but if you guys are still willing to improve the new player experience, here's some feedback;

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE NEW WAR

1. It's great to move duviri back for the sake of confusion, I was playing with my partner and she was going through it the first time through duviri first because she could, but she felt like it was overall irrelevant until it came up later.

1a. if you want my opinion, which I know, you don't, I think it should come after the second dream, or after the new war. At least at these points the player might be more primed to understand the diverging realities. Personally I think later is actually better, and if you have it before the second dream, it kind of spoils the whole surprise of the second dream for new players. After the new war, it makes sense because of the hand going through the portal, you can follow that story path into the next one which is the "origin" for the drifter (which by playing the new war, you just played as)

2. No matter where you have it, you should have your outfit in the new war be forced as the default drifter outfit, when we played the new war the first time (as in all of the main warframe player base) we weren't in on the idea that who we were playing was actually us, we just played through a section with khal and veso and are already primed to not expect to play as "us", and when I played through it the first time I just assumed I was a random ostrun or maybe even nora. I don't think thats bad at all, and it makes the reveal of the whole situation more impactful because you have to ask "who is this person and why did they steal my ship" and you get it revealed to you that it's actually you but different.

However, when my partner played it, she knew instantly that it was her character, she didn't have to believe anything else. and while she knew it was the drifter, she was still confused how the drifter went from duviri to the new war, even if canonically it's the step after duviri. this still doesnt make much sense to her but she hasnt started angels of zariman yet. and I've been wanting her to enjoy the story as you guys give it to her.

3. Speaking of, if you want to help the new player experience, make it so that it's easier to farm out necramechs without basically requiring starchart completion, they were way too hard for her to beat on her own and I had to help her so that she could get a necramech for the new war, so that she could use it for all of 3 minutes. Either that or provide a necramech like you provide the paracesis, you can hand wave the grind for the story and pretend the player has earned the things they canonically have. There are spare necramechs laying around the cambion drift, idk why you can't just borrow a basic one for the new war. I do get why you need your railjack though, I think that should be required still.

4. Also also, the quest order is rough, I wish it was at least ordered in the chronology of the game/what it's intended to be experienced in. For some reason after she completed the new war, veilbreaker showed up at the top of her quest list and she skipped out on doing so many things. She never did the new strange till after the new war which I feel is a bit off because of your interactions with hunhow, and how different that is from the interactions you have with hunhow in the new war. If you want players to get less confused by the story, then require them to do the quests in order, even the sidequests (at least the story relevant ones). I would have guided her but I was just trying to see what the new player experience was like myself by seeing what she chose to do. 

5. Also a warning about selling items which are used to craft other items would be great.

6. Last thing about the new player experience, please give players like +5 warframe slots and +10 weapon slots by default or through junctions, I know it would cut out of your profits, but this isn't the same game as it was in 2014, you're simply asking for them to grind too much and learn how to make plat to buy the slots they need before they can enjoy anything about the game.

This is me and my partner's feedback about the new player experience, as someone who went through it the first time recently, and someone who has been playing it as the game has been being worked on, this is the combined feedback for that.

Edited by Zyga21
it became more than 2 things
  • Like 4