The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All things told, I'm excited for the upcoming Infested liches...

But between the Grineer, the Corpus, and the Infested, I don't think it's controversial at all to say that the Infested liches have the absolute goofiest shtick as far as we know.

Grineer: "By the foul sorcery of Kuva and the will of the Queen, I came back from the dead to rip out your spleen."

Corpus: "Aw, sweet, I got promoted! And now I make a tidy commission on every beatdown I hand you!"

Infested:

• Like 2

It's a good way to give them a backstory. Better than "Here is a bigger Juggernaut, good luck".

I don't really like the Lich System, but the infested stadium in Railjack was enough to convince me the infested ones are awesome.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

Corpus: "Aw, sweet, I got promoted! And now I make a tidy commission on every beatdown I hand you!"

Sisters are less guffy than Grineer. Grineer is just "oh, you killed me, but not, I survived bla bla bla". While playing some Sisters we can see that e.g. she cares about you so she want to stops you from opposing Parvos.

4 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

Infested:

I guess it's part intentional. I see they want to recreate 90s gaming era. Some stuff are goofy by today's standards.

STill, we have just seen 1 scene so we don't know details.

It sorta makes sense in a goofy and creative way! An infested that simmers and grows for several, several centuries only to pop up singing during the post-orokin era?? 

I love it! 

I'm just hoping they're going to have hilarious puns and lines

It is goofy but does make sense in some aspects. As, if they did take this angle with it, disguising themselves as a boy band would make it easy to allure more people in to infect. Which is basically the premise of the Emissary NW story with Arlo. Alternatively for an entity that wants nothing but to grow it's hivemind and control it singling out a group that seemingly already did that is also fitting. 

Edited by trst

I actually like it more (conceptually) than the grineer

I am still not sure how the requiem even make sense in any of the lich, sister or the new coda variants in order to make them vulnerable.

I am just happy to get more infested weapon variants. Curious about the prefix they will get , coda seems to be the strain.

I am also curious about the ... Personalities ? Thats going to be difficult to explain. 

I am looking forward to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trst said:

It is goofy but does make sense in some aspects. As, if they did take this angle with it, disguising themselves as a boy band would make it easy to allure more people in to infect. Which is basically the premise of the Emissary NW story with Arlo. Alternatively for an entity that wants nothing but to grow it's hivemind and control it singling out a group that seemingly already did that is also fitting. 

I mean. We do have plenty of preadtory animals that LURE in their pray...

Snakes with insect like tails.

Lanternfish.

Being the two right off the top of my head.

That the infested inherited/developed this altough as hilarious as it sounds.. makes sense from an evolutionary viewpoint..

1 hour ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

That the infested inherited/developed this altough as hilarious as it sounds.. makes sense from an evolutionary viewpoint..

And it works IRL too.

Its called "It only happens to others, but I will be different". Humans are stupid.