The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is a game held back by how easy it is

Kaiga

Just now, PublikDomain said:

You win one cookie: 🍪

And a chance to explain why :)

As in why A: is the nerfed one, the enemy stays in one piece in A: but because of more power B: is gibbed into pieces. 

On 2024-08-02 at 9:04 PM, Kaiga said:

Why do any of that cool space ninja stuff from the ad when you can just shoot a rocket launcher at everything?

If this game had even a modicum of difficulty at higher levels, it would be capable of all that combat depth, which is what's being advertised, obviously.

You can set difficulty level on your own by choosing what type of equipment you pick in any given mission.

Most players will disable difficulty entirely and type /win command because the missions they are at are meant for certain challange and they'd rather skip them to join friends in the end-game.
Spamming Ogris wont improve your skills.
Want to have fun, go modless Inaros and HAVE FUN while not only being forced to do cool space ninja stuff because it works but also because otherwise you fail the mission.

Modicum of diffuclty at higher levels. Yeah man, it's pressing the "I didnt see or hear huge exploding grineer shouting emergency Not-Die button in time", which also happens to be 12345 on default and also staying invisible 100% of the time.
And this is why I like Quartakk
This is why I prefer Ambassador non-alt. That is why I advertise AGAINST asking for "best" things and why my answers in this regard might seem weird at first glance and here is why:
Is hitscan, has a little spread, non-aoe - if missed by 1 pixel it's still something just like Lex or Zylok. But

Edited by PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE

Just now, dwqrf said:

The clips that make me feel powerfull are the one where ; after a long grind and smart modding, I can finally kill enemies faster. So I want to see a clip of X weapon unmodded vs level 1, and X weapon unmodded vs level "endgame" ; and then ; X weapon modded vs level 1, and X weapon modded vs level "endgame". Provide me with those clips and then we can talk. Until then, you are just trying to trick people into fake ideas. None of your given example provide context, and the one providing context are manipulated to follow your narrative. You aren't doing science, you are doing propaganda of a biased opinion.

So it sounds like it has nothing to do with the damage numbers or stats or the TTK, and your concept of a "power fantasy" is more about the overall change from start to finish? How much of a difference between the long grind and smart modding makes you feel powerful? Is it something you can measure?

And the ideas aren't fake. There is no trick. I'm being serious. I genuinely believe in what I'm trying to tell you. Earlier you said this:

21 hours ago, dwqrf said:

or else, reconsider my own point of view because I'm maybe in the wrong and biased by my own experience. Yes, it's possible, even for internet people.

So is this possible? Are you able to follow your own advice and reconsider your own point of view for wrongness or bias? Or was this just a lie?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

So why should DE spend time, money and ressource, to make a gamemode that people won't play ???

Because people who aren't kucoil will play it. Why do you think DE is currently spending time, money, and resources to make these kinds of game modes? Why have they been doing it for 11 years?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

As in why A: is the nerfed one, the enemy stays in one piece in A: but because of more power B: is gibbed into pieces. 

That's actually a good observation! I hadn't noticed that. But gib is based on where you hit. In A I shot him in his arm, so his arm was blown off. In B I shot him in the torso, so he got a torso gib. It's pretty easy to test, just spawn a lvl5 Butcher and shoot it with a Lato.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dwqrf said:

It was never in my power, and never will be, to choose what DE do next.

That's where you're wrong. "They can do whatever they want" is an immature and naive outlook. Everybody has great influence on everyone else's lives, including decisions. As unfair as it is, the truth is that, by throwing a fit loud enough, others will act to adhere to it. We even see this in the real world.

You DO have power over what they do next. And that's the problem. You might actually think you're just "innocently disagreeing with the addition of content that has no effect on you one way or another," but you are, IN FACT, gatekeeping. If DE saw this thread, they wouldn't read it thoroughly, let alone pay attention to the intricacies. All they would see would be, "Oh, the topic seems to be a heated one. Maybe we shouldn't touch it."

This is the world we live in. It is not a logical one.

Edited by 4thBro

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

That's actually a good observation! I hadn't noticed that. But gib is based on where you hit. In A I shot him in his arm, so his arm was blown off. In B I shot him in the torso, so he got a torso gib. It's pretty easy to test, just spawn a lvl5 Butcher and shoot it with a Lato.

I based it on the body pieces, so I just got lucky then. As the other examples you posted they look the same. 

Spoiler

j1XBs.jpg

:laugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

This is something that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and on a different level, Divinity: Original Sin 2 uses a lot.

Big hits tend in the former have a crunchy sound effect, and either ragdoll the corpse (usually sending it careening into a wall, especially great for larger foes) or causing them to explode into a separate ribcage model. D:OS2's Terrain system has the lovely side-effect of having all your big magic effects cause an actual effect on the battlefield. A meteor swarm or giant explosion leaves the whole area on fire. A well-targeted bless on that fire causes everything to turn a bright, vibrant blue. 

Ironically for all the screen-obscuring effects Warframe has, ironically it doesn't feel like a lot of the big attacks you can throw out have a lot of impact, leading to the damage numbers to carry a lot of the effect. One of the nice things about the Labs map is just how much damage you do. I feel like the heavy attack slam effect (y'know, with the energy-coloured cracks?) would make a world of difference in some cases.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

k

Hey man, I can show you the same clips as dwqrf. Which of these two clips makes you feel more overpowered?

A:

giphy.gif

B:

giphy.gif

One of these examples has been "nerfed" by 2.5x. Can you tell the difference?

So don't play it. 🤷‍♀️

It doesnt work like that. There are things to collect and the game is about collecting. There is progress to be had. I play warframe because it is like it is. You are also ignoring the question.

27 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

And here we go again... fallacy, strawman, blah blah

28 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I'm here because you are a toxic person and your opinion is setting mankind a few steps behind, and anyone in a clear mind and with knowledge of what is Warframe is about is getting dumber with everysingle post you make. I can't let your opinion being the only opinion spammed on the forum as it's contrary to logic and the well being of the game. I sure would like DE to make more content (and they will) ; but I have to make sure they don't listen to the only loud voice here.

If this hasn't made you lose credibility with the last remaining people, then I don't know what will.

You literally mocked the fact that you argue with fallacy abuse, and you type entire paragraphs that are 100% ad hominem and serve no actual function to the topic. And you think that's okay.

30 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Same. And your experience of Warframe is not as good as you think it is. Bruh, my sentinel has 12x more kills than your most used weapon

And to feed into your fallacy abuse, you found my profile and you stalk it frequently to pull up irrelevant stats.

I'm pretty sure my most used weapon is still Tigris, which i don't even think I've used since 2019. My most used secondary is still Atomos, right? Which I haven't used in an even longer amount of time. I don't even have the Incarn for it.

But these are the stats you're trying to attack me for. Pretending that they represent my game knowledge and experience. And pretending that even that takes away from the words that I say.

That is the definition of a fallacy.

If your response is "not this again, blah blah fallacies," then perhaps we've identified the problem in this thread.

35 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Prove it. A lot of people actually liked the counter-responses I had to produce against you. I haven't seen that much support for your posts. You think people agree with you. I don't have any proof of that.

Your posts have 5 Likes, calm down, Pewdiepie.

35 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

And the average IQ of mankind is 100. Should smart creators follow the will of the majority and create dumb content ? I think not

The paragraph just before this, you tell me to "prove it."

Then you quote the poll sentence, and say that it doesn't count.

Absolutely wild.

This is how we know you're disingenuous. And you're going back on my list. You had your chance to hold a conversation earnestly. You did not succeed.

• Like 1

12分钟前 , kuciol 说:

It doesnt work like that. There are things to collect and the game is about collecting. There is progress to be had. I play warframe because it is like it is. You are also ignoring the question.

It is called bait.

Sadly no one took it yet.

15 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You are also ignoring the question.

5 hours ago, kuciol said:

How to make challenge for Octavia with Torid so Oberon with Soma Prime would still be viable option? 

Add enemies that can defeat stealth, and/or change Octavia's invisibility to something like a more thematic chance to evade damage. Balance weapon damage so weapons are more consistently powerful. Spawn enemies at whatever TTK fits that consistent level of power. It's really not hard to figure out, you just need to be open-minded. 🤷‍♀️

23 minutes ago, kuciol said:

There are things to collect and the game is about collecting. There is progress to be had. I play warframe because it is like it is.

What does any of that have to do with the clips? Because in those clips you can see the same gameplay with less collecting and less progress. You can see the same gameplay with more collecting and more "progress". And if the game is about collecting things and making progress, wouldn't it be nice if more of that stuff you collected were strong and powerful and worth using?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

You can set difficulty level on your own by choosing what type of equipment you pick in any given mission.

Most players will disable difficulty entirely and type /win command because the missions they are at are meant for certain challange and they'd rather skip them to join friends in the end-game.
Spamming Ogris wont improve your skills.
Want to have fun, go modless Inaros and HAVE FUN while not only being forced to do cool space ninja stuff because it works but also because otherwise you fail the mission.

Modicum of diffuclty at higher levels. Yeah man, it's pressing the "I didnt see or hear huge exploding grineer shouting emergency Not-Die button in time", which also happens to be 12345 on default and also staying invisible 100% of the time.
And this is why I like Quartakk
This is why I prefer Ambassador non-alt. That is why I advertise AGAINST asking for "best" things and why my answers in this regard might seem weird at first glance and here is why:
Is hitscan, has a little spread, non-aoe - if missed by 1 pixel it's still something just like Lex or Zylok. But

I love doing this. I have no interest in playing for hours just to get high level mobs, so I often use oddball weapons and frames in various stages of leveling, flawed mods, or just lightly modded with empty spaces, it varies depending on what I feel like doing. 

Steel path has made doing this way more interesting and has greatly expanded my builds/leeway for keeping power in check, but the circuit has really punished me for doing this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LRonHoover said:

I love doing this. I have no interest in playing for hours just to get high level mobs, so I often use oddball weapons and frames in various stages of leveling, flawed mods, or just lightly modded with empty spaces, it varies depending on what I feel like doing. 

Steel path has made doing this way more interesting and has greatly expanded my builds/leeway for keeping power in check, but the circuit has really punished me for doing this.

Im happy cascade exists so you can see lvl cap for yourself within 1h instead of 8h and agree the game was never balanced for it.

On the other hand there is Gura Gaming who is just oneshotting demos using fishing spear. Let's be honest, endgame is sorties for 2% forma drop.
Maybe there will be Steel Path+ and steel path Sorties because once you collect all mr there is literally nothing to do and thats a huge problem for someone who just enjoys Warframe over other games. Elite DA? Nice idea but thats none of my business :)

50 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Add enemies that can defeat stealth, and/or change Octavia's invisibility to something like a more thematic chance to evade damage. Balance weapon damage so weapons are more consistently powerful. Spawn enemies at whatever TTK fits that consistent level of power. It's really not hard to figure out, you just need to be open-minded. 🤷‍♀️

What does any of that have to do with the clips? Because in those clips you can see the same gameplay with less collecting and less progress. You can see the same gameplay with more collecting and more "progress". And if the game is about collecting things and making progress, wouldn't it be nice if more of that stuff you collected were strong and powerful and worth using?

So remake whole game to something it is not. Thats your answer?  You want to counter the only means of defense of some frames so you will play only the immortal ones. You want to rebalance weapons so they will be basicaly the same. What with infinitely scaling dmg? What about overguard etc. Things like shield gate, weapon buff. There are tons of problems you just dont care to see right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

So remake whole game to something it is not. Thats your answer?

Strawman fallacy.

Balancing is not remaking the whole game. Balance patches have existed since the game came out. What makes a random additional balance patch suddenly become "remaking the whole game" in your eyes?

Could it also be the slippery slope fallacy, perhaps??? Hmmm...

4 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You want to counter the only means of defense of some frames so you will play only the immortal ones

Nobody said we wouldn't replace the stealth with something else. IN FACT, the man that you're directly quoting even gave a replacement defensive.

But you skipped over that.

And guess what that is?

The cherry-picking fallacy.

5 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You want to rebalance weapons so they will be basicaly the same

Nobody said this.

Strawman.

... Nobody said this.

But hey, if we did, it sure would be easy to argue against, right?

7 minutes ago, kuciol said:

What with infinitely scaling dmg? What about overguard etc. Things like shield gate, weapon buff. There are tons of problems you just dont care to see right?

I don't even know what you're talking about here. This looks like a bunch of random words to me. Maybe I missed something.

Clarify?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kuciol said:

So remake whole game to something it is not. Thats your answer? 

Remake? My brother in the Void, DE just reworked all of the enemy scaling curves and resistances. All of them. The whole system. DE reworks things all the time, how many systems in this game are still in their 1.0 version? Why do you think any system in this game is immune from change? The game changes all the time: open your eyes.

Something it's not?

Deep Archimedea is a weekly challenge with three missions that must be completed in a single sequence.
Deep Archimedea has an extremely high difficulty level and is designed to really put you and your Arsenal to the test.

These missions are intended to be challenging, so select your loadouts carefully to overcome your obstacles and take down your opponents.

It is time to take on a new challenge. The Origin System is ever-changing. Our enemies grow more powerful - only the Tenno with true mastery of their Arsenal will overcome what awaits us.
If you are not ready for this challenge, fear not, it’s not going anywhere. One day you may be prepared to take The Steel Path. 

A new type of challenge is available to players that have completed the entire Solar Map!
Note: Failure is a rare thing in Warframe, in the month of September only 2.5% of all missions were Failed. Prepare yourself for a new reality where failure may become the norm for these missions - can you overcome the odds!?

Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group.

We want there to be lots of options instead of one ‘perfect’ option.

Not all weapons are built equal, but ideally there are several answers to each query, so that Tenno can make their own choices from a variety of options and keep things fresh. If one category of weapons outclasses all the others, or makes them feel redundant, then we as developers want to step in to make sure choice exists for the sake of fun.

With the current path Catchmoon weapons are on, it was time to bring Catchmoon weapons to a more reasonable power level, while still keeping them effective.

It has quickly taken the place at the top of the usage charts - which is where it should be given its acquisition - but the degree of dominance (about 3 times more popular than anything else) is not something we feel is good for the primary weapon Arsenal options.

"When people talk about “I’m bored of Warframe” typically it’s because it’s gotten too easy for them."

Players would like to see Trials come back, in addition to some more challenging end game content

he thing we miss most about them is having to coordinate with the team. That's our white whale right now. It's a coordination-based mission.

This is due to the increasing difficulty in creating content that serves to challenge the Tenno. 

Are you blind?

4 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You want to counter the only means of defense of some frames so you will play only the immortal ones.

Why do you think frames should be immortal? 🤔

5 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You want to rebalance weapons so they will be basicaly the same.

Yes, so they're all basically the same level of kickass and awesome. I thought you liked the power fantasy? Do you not want more weapons and variety in that power fantasy? 🤔

6 minutes ago, kuciol said:

What with infinitely scaling dmg? What about overguard etc. Things like shield gate, weapon buff. There are tons of problems you just dont care to see right?

Yes, there are a ton of problems. I don't see why you think I'm not considering them? Y'all the ones so hyperfocused on nerfs you can't see the gigantic accumulating pile of garbage items and mechanics you're swimming in. I want all of it to be awesome and fun and powerful and great. Meanwhile you guys seem to only care about things like the Torid, a weapon you'd have scoffed at and S#&$ on before it got its easy-mode Incarnon buff.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Remake? My brother in the Void, DE just reworked all of the enemy scaling curves and resistances. All of them. The whole system. DE reworks things all the time, how many systems in this game are still in their 1.0 version? Why do you think any system in this game is immune from change? The game changes all the time: open your eyes.

Something it's not?

Are you blind?

Why do you think frames should be immortal? 🤔

Yes, so they're all basically the same level of kickass and awesome. I thought you liked the power fantasy? Do you not want more weapons and variety in that power fantasy? 🤔

Yes, there are a ton of problems. I don't see why you think I'm not considering them? Y'all the ones so hyperfocused on nerfs you can't see the gigantic accumulating pile of garbage items and mechanics you're swimming in. I want all of it to be awesome and fun and powerful and great. Meanwhile you guys seem to only care about things like the Torid, a weapon you'd have scoffed at and S#&$ on before it got its easy-mode Incarnon buff.

And with that rework they made it easier. I like the power level we are currently at. I asked what is your idea of challenge? What power level should be taken as baseline? Without that we cannot have any meaningfull discussion.

As for the fallacy dude just ignore him. His ego got shattered because nobody liked his rifts idea.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'm just gonna slide this video in because I think it should help illustrate some of the ideas at play here.

Great video.

At the end he suggests that games that use big numbers make sure they mean something, and he talks about damage in live service games turning into noise. How about in Warframe?

Here there's a little mechanic called Damage Quantization. It's presumably an optimization so the game can more easily pass around and manage lots of big numbers, but here's the thing: it's lossy. Consider Hate. Hate deals 230 base damage. Right? Wrong! It deals 215.6. Quantization straight up deletes ~7% of your damage when using Hate. Galatine Prime deals 280 damage. Right? Wrong! It deals 262.5. Not only does Quantization again eat ~7% of your damage, it also sets your Galatine's Impact and Puncture damage to zero. And these damage differences affect status proc weighting. Galatine Prime cannot proc Impact or Puncture naturally, it can only proc those status types if you use +Impact or +Puncture mods or have a stance with forced procs. And crit damage is quantized too. A weapon with a 2.0x Crit Multiplier actually has a 2.000488x Crit Multiplier. The arsenal screen straight up lies about the damage you deal and your chance to proc status effects. It's all fake.

But do you see anyone talking about this? Is this part of build sites like overframe? Do content creators rank weapons by their quantized damage gain or loss? Nope. No one notices except for us spreadsheet nerds, because in practical gameplay it's just noise. It has zero impact on the actual game. And if you turn off damage numbers you cannot tell the difference between the same weapon with Build A against one enemy and Build B against the same enemy scaled by the same amount. The numbers could be 10x larger or 10x smaller and none of us would ever be able to tell the difference. So do they really matter? Do they actually do anything? How can they be anything but cosmetic?

• Like 4

Reading some of these posts i think that some changes could be too great for DE to commit to at this point. However hear me out, this is a change i think could greatly improve game feel: remove all hit-scan weapons.

By increasing the damage normal enemies do but turning all their weapons into projectiles you make it so its easier to dodge, easier to tell where you are even getting shot from in the first place so that you can take cover.

A big thing people dislike is suddenly dying without knowing why, a lot of the time it would be (in my experience) Grineer shotgunners. Their hit-scan type weapons would be hard to see and you would just suddenly get shot and instantly die.

Also from a psychological standpoint, instead of just having mosquitos bite you constantly, seeing the projectiles flying at you would make the enemies feel more like a threat too. This is just my take on this topic as i think it would be the most realistic to implement and would have the largest gameplay feel impact.

• Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, 4thBro a dit :

That's where you're wrong. "They can do whatever they want" is an immature and naive outlook. Everybody has great influence on everyone else's lives, including decisions. As unfair as it is, the truth is that, by throwing a fit loud enough, others will act to adhere to it. We even see this in the real world.

You DO have power over what they do next.

No, again, I don't. We would influence the decision by having a endless argument, but we still don't make the definitive choice. That's different.

Il y a 2 heures, PublikDomain a dit :

Because people who aren't kucoil will play it. Why do you think DE is currently spending time, money, and resources to make these kinds of game modes? Why have they been doing it for 11 years?

Because it makes money, and they need to eat. If you add a gamemode which bring nothing to the table except challenge, nobody will play it. Why would they play it ?

If this hasn't made you lose credibility with the last remaining people, then I don't know what will.

You already said that and that wasn't true then, it isn't true now. It's just you projecting again.

You literally mocked the fact that you argue with fallacy abuse, and you type entire paragraphs that are 100% ad hominem and serve no actual function to the topic. And you think that's okay.

And to feed into your fallacy abuse, you found my profile and you stalk it frequently to pull up irrelevant stats.

That is the definition of a fallacy.

If your response is "not this again, blah blah fallacies," then perhaps we've identified the problem in this thread.

Ha ! fallacy, strawman, and ad hominem just because you can't accept a truth, as it it was some unpenetrable protective shell you could hide in. It's flawed. You are wrong, you whole post is wrong, you are trying to put yourself above the others, you are trying to find superiority, when you are clearly mistaken from the start. I don't need to stalk you, you nickname is here for all to see. Everyone can see and judge by themselves how much you have been playing the game and what you did there, which is litteraly not much. And they can do it the other way around to check if my opinions are based on any existing experience.

You are a random casual toxic narcisistic manipulator, spewing his ego trip on a forum about a endgame he never touched. I'm on the other side of the spectrum, so this is extremely painful to see. I know you feel attacked by just confronting your -non existent- ideas to people not agreeing with you (when you make no point except being hurt, playing the victim, and so on). But I'm not attacking you ; just responding to your... what ever it is you are doing here.

But these are the stats you're trying to attack me for. Pretending that they represent my game knowledge and experience. And pretending that even that takes away from the words that I say.

Go ahead buddy, prove me logically that your knowledge of what Warframe is about, and its endgame, isn't based on your experience of the game. I can't wait to read how being a waiter in a restaurant or laying bricks made you a better warframe player.

Your posts have 5 Likes, calm down, Pewdiepie.

Which is much more than you get. We are talking about people agreeing with me or agreeing with you. Well, proof are there bro, you only refuse to accept it because it doesn't go your way. You pretend the whole pool DE made was your own pool and that thousand of people agreed with you. That's not the case buddy, sorry.

You had your chance to hold a conversation earnestly. You did not succeed.

In the same way you never successfully gave us any simple example of what warframe's end game should be. Not one. Not once. Which is wild considering you know so much.

Il y a 2 heures, 4thBro a dit :

you type entire paragraphs that are 100% ad hominem and serve no actual function to the topic. And you think that's okay.

What are the purpose of your responses except playing the butthurt victim against so mean forum warriors ? We've asked you many, many, times to you, especially you, to explain us what is this endgame you dream about which should be implemented in the game, and you never, never, gave us any relevant information. Just fallacies and strawman.

Il y a 2 heures, 4thBro a dit :

perhaps we've identified the problem in this thread.

[..]

And you're going back on my list.

Yes, we did.
I'm so glad shallow trolls can auto black list themselves nowadays. The technology is amazing !

47 minutes ago, kuciol said:

As for the fallacy dude just ignore him. His ego got shattered because nobody liked his rifts idea.

Openly telling people to ignore the guy that you have no good response to is pretty surreal.

"Ignore this presidential candidate, he makes me look bad in debates."

47 minutes ago, kuciol said:

And with that rework they made it easier. I like the power level we are currently at. I asked what is your idea of challenge? What power level should be taken as baseline? Without that we cannot have any meaningfull discussion

Anything can be taken as baseline. It literally doesn't matter. We then balance around it. Which is why it doesn't matter.

But the best answer would be whatever power is the most common level, because that would reduce the work load of balancing everything outside of it.

But you'll willingly ignore this post because it's a good post, proving for the millionth time that you're disingenuous. Wondering when the others will catch on fully, but they're still in the phase of giving you the benefit of the doubt and trying honest communication with you.

It won't last much longer. I can tell that they're on their last attempt by being slow paced, precise, and deliberate.

They're talking to you like you're a child, trying to take it one step at a time, and making sure you fully understand each step before moving onto the next. And you're still squirming, rebelling against even doing that.

They're making airplane noises, and you're still scrunching your mouth shut with your chin up.

Edited by 4thBro
  • Like 1