The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE: The Extreme Boredom Kicks In #4

You have a compelling title, but there's no real discussion of substance in here. Warframe's endgame between major updates is just churning out the scheduled server reset tasks like Nightwave, EDA, Netracells and Archon Hunts. If that's burning you out (which is fair to feel by the way), then you either need to change your value on that type of content or stop playing live service games. The reason I say that is because that's how these are designed nowadays. Perpetual content in most games now involve arbitrary "seasons" to reset progress from a player, and/or schedule your play time like you're an employee. The people who don't get sucked into that have the most fun. The only way you're going to enjoy the game between major updates is chasing your own set of goals, because there is nothing Warframe can provide to satisfy you otherwise. It is what it is.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Not quite. Yes, I agree, there's no such thing as a truly endless content - except maybe for PvP but even then it needs infusions of rewards/events.

BUT there's a world of difference between a release of content a few times a year and modes that are BUILT to be replayed throughout the year.

But you have it. You just got new mission type, new event just ended, tons of endless missions, duviri, railjack and i could go on. Next update is just around the corner etc. The problem is you just got bored of the game in general. You wont be satisfied anyway so why not take a break?

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

You have a compelling title, but there's no real discussion of substance in here. Warframe's endgame between major updates is just churning out the scheduled server reset tasks like Nightwave, EDA, Netracells and Archon Hunts. If that's burning you out (which is fair to feel by the way), then you either need to change your value on that type of content or stop playing live service games. The reason I say that is because that's how these are designed nowadays. Perpetual content in most games now involve arbitrary "seasons" to reset progress from a player, and/or schedule your play time like you're an employee. The people who don't get sucked into that have the most fun. The only way you're going to enjoy the game between major updates is chasing your own set of goals, because there is nothing Warframe can provide to satisfy you otherwise. It is what it is.

No offense Voltage, but this is 'get lost' again in fancier text.

2 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

We REALLY need something to do in the off-season.

My alliance just had a competition to see who can survive the most waves in a defense. And I did it. Twice.

If that doesn't tell you how starved I am for something to do idk what to tell you.

Defense is a braindead gamemode

try something more challenging, like, spy missions, a race of the fastest between your alliance members to clear a vault undetected without ciphers, operator/drifter, and invisible frames (Loki, Ash, Ivara, Octavia, etc) or fast frames (Volt, Gauss, Wukong, etc)

Edited by (PSN)ATreidezz

Just now, (PSN)ATreidezz said:

try something more challenging, like, spy missions, a race of the fastest between your alliance members to clear a vault undetected without ciphers and invisible frames (Loki, Ash, Ivara, Octavia, etc) or fast frames (Volt, Gauss, Wukong, etc)

Ah yes, the old handicap-yourself-as-entertainment idea. Yeah, that sounds amazing. I could also stand on my head and invert my controls and play blindfolded.... but this isn't addressing the central issue.

• Like 1

Personal challenges are cool but he really should take a few months break. I dont know what anyone making such topics expect. Even if DE dropped new amazing game mode tomorow they would just spam it 6h a day for a month until getting everything there is to get and come back here complaining. There is no realistic way to fulfill their needs anymore.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kuciol said:

But you have it. You just got new mission type, new event just ended, tons of endless missions, duviri, railjack and i could go on. Next update is just around the corner etc. The problem is you just got bored of the game in general. You wont be satisfied anyway so why not take a break?

I just got back from a break.

Just now, kuciol said:

Personal challenges are cool but he really should take a few months break. I dont know what anyone making such topics expect. Even if DE dropped new amazing game mode tomorow they would just spam it 6h a day for a month until getting everything there is to get and come back here complaining. There is no realistic way to fulfill their needs anymore.

How about ONE game mode, just ONE that is designed for the long term?

Is that too much to ask? Is it?

Take a bigger one or just move on to different game. Thats really the only solution. You just need to accept the fact that you got bored of the game. Nothing DE. Does will be good enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Ah yes, the old handicap-yourself-as-entertainment idea. Yeah, that sounds amazing. I could also stand on my head and invert my controls and play blindfolded.... but this isn't addressing the central issue.

Have you asked Rebecca Ford about this issue? try contacting her via twitter/X? maybe she can answered it . I mean, what do you expect in the general discussion? this is the place to discuss mostly between players, none of us here are the game devs.

2 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Take a bigger one or just move on to different game. Thats really the only solution. You just need to accept the fact that you got bored of the game. Nothing DE. Does will be good enough.

Except that I'm not bored of it. I WANT to play it, there's just nothing to DO. It's a content problem. An easily remedied one, at that.

If I could fire up a quest right now that would take 3-5 or heck even 5 days to complete, I'd happily be out doing that instead of coming on the forums (as long as the rewards were good enough)

2 minutes ago, (PSN)ATreidezz said:

Have you asked Rebecca Ford about this issue? try contacting her via twitter/X? maybe she can answered it . I mean, what do you expect in the general discussion? this is the place to discuss mostly between players, none of us here are the game devs.

Yeah, idk why I bothered, no one hears or cares.

3 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Except that I'm not bored of it. I WANT to play it, there's just nothing to DO. It's a content problem. An easily remedied one, at that.

If I could fire up a quest right now that would take 3-5 or heck even 5 days to complete, I'd happily be out doing that instead of coming on the forums (as long as the rewards were good enough)

Dude you have how many endless modes now? Survival, defense, mirror defense, alchemy, void cascade, void flood, circuit, duviri, archwing and railjack missions. There is tons of them and yet its still not good enough. You will never be satisfied. Anything new you will just spam until getting everything and get bored again. Thats the harsh reality. Deal with it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

But have you tried to contact her?

people here can only provide suggestions, the only one who can truly answer you are the game devs. 

You can try Pablo, Rebecca, Megan, Glen (if he's still there), they all have a twitter account.

hace 46 minutos, (PSN)ATreidezz dijo:

Defense its the boredom in a nutshell.

hace 40 minutos, kuciol dijo:

That its my point all time, but people just get angrier when you tell them that.

hace 32 minutos, CrownOfShadows dijo:

I don't know what these people have in their heads, they complain all day that there is no end game or that the game gets boring after repeating the same mission 1000 times and playing 10 hours a day, if they have an idea of a game mode with a infinite contented then, surely they would already have work in the online game industry and they would have been fired.

The reason why there is no such game mode is because it would be unsustainable in the long term, why? Because in a game that gives you big updates every 2-3 months on average it wouldn't make sense. People are always going to jump on the new thing, demand something new when the new thing bore them and that's just what any online game developer wants because the circle repeats itself and maintains the game online.

I'm not saying that every update or new content is good, after all people have different standards, but if you are waiting for the definitive real super ultra mega infinite game mode, then you are going to be waiting forever.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CrownOfShadows said:

open relics, farm prime sets, toss everything into the ducat machine, fine tune abandoned builds, farm void traces for next prime release, farm aya for next resurgence, max out standing for all syndicates...

there's a lot to do during downtime. up to you if you want to do it. if you don't, just play another game until the next update. you won't unlove warframe. you will come back for the next update.

you came in here looking for answers and you got them, most of them being reasonable suggestions. but since you're shooting them all down it's clear you've already made up your mind and you're only here to farm attention.

Which I suppose is a fun activity in between updates if you're terminally online.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 4

As someone who ran out of things to do and ended up genuinely enjoying Conclave, I do kind of feel for you. I don't mind the chaos of Conclave FFA as long as I get to shoot Braton or Grinlok at nyooming ninjas, but it's not for everybody. What's frustrating is DE already has made several Conclave variants (modes with unified loadouts so people can just jump in and play without having to know what's "meta" or such) but for some reason would not let them be available? Replacing Recruit Conditioning with variants & practice mode would improve a lot of the "can't find matches" problem because, at least according to stats from NA and EU servers, there is a steady population, they're just scattered across regions and RC divide.

In PvE side SP Cascade has been holding me over for a good while. Sometimes I just blast through it with Banshee, sometimes I choose to struggle with Ember and non-heat inherit gears. I have no use for any of the Arcanes from there anymore so I melt them down for Vosfor or sell them for cheap. A lot of long time players I know are active traders not necessarily because they need the plat but because hoarding platinum is something to do with lot of different contents & methods to go about it. I already enjoy the moment-to-moment gameplay of Cascade and Conclave, so getting relics and mods to feed into plat farm is just cherry on top.

I guess it depends on exactly what part of Warframe you find more rewarding and motivating. I've accepted that powercreep is what most players want and DE has painted themselves into a corner when it comes to designing encounters and challenge in this game. The best I hope for is more active and fast-paced game modes like Cascade where I have to be juggling a lot of different things at a time.

Personally I have the opposite problem.  I think there's too much to do.

• My codex is still woefully incomplete.  Been working for months on just cavia and zariman rare crate scans.  All the kids at school make fun of me about it and call "Lil' Squashy No Scans"
  • I still don't have 60's of every kuva/tenet weapon for every element.  Girls don't seem impressed with my lackluster, incomplete collection.
  • Still wanna know if plat goes to 7 figures or not.  I feel poor.
  • Riven collection needs about 100 more grolls.

On the bright side, I did manage to finish polarizing every slot for every gear in the game, which has been nice for Elite Deep Archimeda.  At least that's checked off the list.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

My alliance just had a competition to see who can survive the most waves in a defense. And I did it. Twice.

If that doesn't tell you how starved I am for something to do idk what to tell you.

Build your own dojo, and let me know how that goes.

Edited by PrideB4TheFall

Duviri is that way

-------------->>>

We get updates almost bimonthly, what do you want them to be? Biweekly? Which other devs update their game so frequently? Warframe is a sandbox game in a nutshell. If you get bored in a sandbox, maybe you grew up and it's time to move on?

Edited by Hayrack
  • Like 7

vor 10 Stunden schrieb CrownOfShadows:

PvE content usually takes time. Warframe is no exception and they actually do it well and often release updates.

Otherwise, PVP mode could keep you busy. However, it is very poorly implemented and is completely unplayable. Besides, why have a PvP game here when there are enough EXTREMELY better alternatives? Therefore, the best solution is to take long enough breaks. Actually, it is a causal PvE game.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Hayrack:

Duviri is that way

-------------->>>

We get updates almost bimonthly, what do you want them to be? Biweekly? Which other devs update their game so frequently? Warframe is a sandbox game in a nutshell. If you get bored in a sandbox, maybe you grew up and it's time to move on?

I play long duviri exp public sessions when I'm listening to long news from youtube or lessons/audiobooks. Even if I don't need anything there. Maybe combine several activities and do some training on the side.

Besides, it's vacation time now. Many devs are probably not here. We still haven't had a hotfix for incarnon display bugs and many other things for several weeks.

14 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

You haven't really known burnout until you've started farming kills for your profile. Take a break.