Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommend me wacky, usable weapons!

Katoosie

Hi.

I find my arsenal to be hopelessly boring. I used to play on the PC, now I main my Steam Deck. Hitting those headshots is sometimes hard, so no HS specific weapons please. I'm not a min maxer, so that does not matter.

I need some weird stuff.

I have a soma prime, multiple other rifles such as the AK, Fulmin prime, burstons/bratons/phenmors and what have you. See? All boring rifles. And shotguns. Tigris prime, syndicate Hek...

Secondaries are also similar, mostly pistols-submachineguns. Mara detron is my favourite though, sounds cool, feels cool. I have a sonicor but Im sick and tired of it. Same with Tonkor, I think its still my most used weapon even after literally deleting it in 2016.

Melee? I have whatever, too many. But I mostly pick them based on fashion, currently addicted to showing off my Praedos (zariman tonfas or w/e) on my Gyre. Otherwise I have many melee weapon types.

I'm looking for weird, good feeling primaries/secondaries. The weirder the better. Give me unique stuff. Give me archguns on normal missions please, or similar. Can I have Kahls kuva cannon omg please? Explosive crazy shuriken launchers or something. Stuff like that.

I'm open to any suggestions. I would like things that are fun and unique, weird. Not just yet another rifle.

Thank you, Tenno!

<3

It's very different.  An attempt at a quick summary is that the alt fire spits out these orbs that sit in space for awhile.  Shooting your primary fire through the orbs into an enemy has some kind of effect that drastically increases your odds of critting.  The orbs can also fuse with other orbs which changes their behavior a bit, and they deal certain status effects to enemies when they collide, and I think they can even block certain kinds of projectiles?  The weapon is very complicated to the extent that I do not actually remember the details of how it functions, and that's even before you get to the special mod that only the Mutalist Quanta can use.

So yeah, it's weird!

• Like 1

Just now, PrideB4TheFall said:

The one and only:

STUG

You may want to pursue this one. The community has been outspoken on wanting a Kuva Variant. it's worth the time and effort. BP is available in the market. (Last time I checked.)

No, no it's not worth the time and effort. 

It's a funny meme, but Stug is just legitimately awful thanks to massive mechanical bugs and really awful stats. 

You can make an argument for something like the singular Gremlin Wraith thanks to Skull Shots being a mod for example, but Stug? Yeah no.

• Like 2

Quassus, melee weapon that on heavy attack throws out 6 blades that all force proc slash, amazing fun, even more fun if you use Mirage because all of her clones also throw 6 blades, meaning you throw 30 blades all at once and can sweep hallways with it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Katoosie said:

Hi.

I find my arsenal to be hopelessly boring. I used to play on the PC, now I main my Steam Deck. Hitting those headshots is sometimes hard, so no HS specific weapons please. I'm not a min maxer, so that does not matter.

I need some weird stuff.

I have a soma prime, multiple other rifles such as the AK, Fulmin prime, burstons/bratons/phenmors and what have you. See? All boring rifles. And shotguns. Tigris prime, syndicate Hek...

Secondaries are also similar, mostly pistols-submachineguns. Mara detron is my favourite though, sounds cool, feels cool. I have a sonicor but Im sick and tired of it. Same with Tonkor, I think its still my most used weapon even after literally deleting it in 2016.

Melee? I have whatever, too many. But I mostly pick them based on fashion, currently addicted to showing off my Praedos (zariman tonfas or w/e) on my Gyre. Otherwise I have many melee weapon types.

I'm looking for weird, good feeling primaries/secondaries. The weirder the better. Give me unique stuff. Give me archguns on normal missions please, or similar. Can I have Kahls kuva cannon omg please? Explosive crazy shuriken launchers or something. Stuff like that.

I'm open to any suggestions. I would like things that are fun and unique, weird. Not just yet another rifle.

Thank you, Tenno!

<3

Might I recommend the:

Zakti Prime - Fun to use CC and primer weapon that is surprisingly very powerful. It loves arcane combos and especially loves to be followed up with melee slam attacks. Doesn't need to be high damaging to be effective.

Synoid Gammacor - WAY too powerful but underrated. Inherit magnetic element means Corpus is doomed...but at in high heat and Arcane Flare to really ramp up damage. Extremely effective against Archons and most bosses.

Trummna - Seriously fun gun that only needs stability and some fire rate...but not too much. It has an awesome sound to it, one of the best reload animations and that actually feels good to watch it reload after firing off it's alt fire grenades. Giving this gun to Yareli is the way more fun than it should be. I dunno, there's just something about helplessly trapping dudes in her whirlpool and then firing grenades at it to see the fireworks. 😁

Parasitic Bow - Excellent blend of power, utility, flexibility, CC, ammo efficiency and fun. Stops enemy fire when the tentacles latch onto them, doesn't care about walls, has impact to support parazon finishers, showcases the potency of gas/electric and gas/cold builds, LOVES the new Ice arcane, and can seal up corridors with ease.

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Trumna, Paracyst, Scourge Prime, Synoid Simulor, Miter (Incarnon)

Catabolyst, Ocucor, Sepulcrum, Zymos, Cyanex

Telos Boltace, (Prisma) Ohma, Korumm, Nepheri

The Prisma Ohmas are NUTS!!! Those were made for Arcane Melee Influence. I gave those to Kullervo and, oh man, that was GLORIOUS chaos!

I really like Simulor for these requests.   Very complex mechanically.  And it's definitely not a headshot weapon. 

Speaking of which, Scourge could be really rewarding for you, as it makes headshots easy.

RE: Stug.  If you're looking for interesting but still mashing weapons, Stug is bad by any objective measure.  Subjectively though I'd consider it more than amusing enough to be worth a look.  It's usable in basic SP with frame buffs or a riven.  (And some wiki reading to understand the mechanics.)   And if you're anything like me, it'll make you laugh a fair bit.  What more can one ask?

• Like 1

Akmagnus Prime with Conjuction Voltage leads to some silliness. The increased multishot leads to more chances for 100% Ammo Efficiency and if it doesn't trigger, you have increased reload speed too. Punch Through also adds more chances for the Ammo Efficiency to trigger.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I really like Simulor for these requests.   Very complex mechanically.  And it's definitely not a headshot weapon. 

Speaking of which, Scourge could be really rewarding for you, as it makes headshots easy.

I take Simulor everywhere since galvanized mods were around basically haha.  Shh.  I like scourge a lot too, even the regular mode projectile is huge and hard to miss with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

Parasitic Bow

I think you mean proboscis cernos.

Everyone listed some good primary and secondaries already, but here's some others:

Alternox, Buzlok, Basmu, Corinth, Battacor, Phage, Quellor, Rauta, Harpak, Knell, Sonicor, Afentis, Keratinos, Ack and Brunt, Corufell, Jat Kittag, Sampotes, Sancti Magistar, Sibear, Vitrica, Verdilac, Tenet Grigori, Ripkas, Ruvox, Zenistar

Oh, you said no melee...rip

Edited by Lord_Drod
  • Like 2

On 2024-08-14 at 1:09 AM, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

No, no it's not worth the time and effort. 

It's a funny meme, but Stug is just legitimately awful thanks to massive mechanical bugs and really awful stats. 

You can make an argument for something like the singular Gremlin Wraith thanks to Skull Shots being a mod for example, but Stug? Yeah no.

Where is that one stug prime enjoyer on eu with a 20k dmg stug build that spams it every chamce he gets. I SUMMON U

On 2024-08-13 at 6:06 PM, PrideB4TheFall said:

If you're down for a bad farm... I highly recommend the Sporothrix with the Volatile Variant mod. This thing coupled with a Riven is absolutely wonderful with Hydroid having a corrosive build  and Green Tau Shards.

Agreed and I would also recommend zymos. It is the cerebral bore of warframe.

• Like 1

A couple of other suggestions

Primaries

The Lenz, for big bubbles of cold DOOM

Secondaries:

The Pyrana Prime's with it's "I'm a dual pistol now" mechanic

The Ballista Prime's specter mechanic is also interesting

The Cantara's reload mechanic is fun to play around with

• Like 2

You should explore the cool world of kitguns and zaws. Sporelacer secondary and Vermisplicer primary are kinda good. There is also opticor vandal thats amazing. Warframe has many cool weapons. Most of them are good.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1