The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Oberon ever get a rework?

Prof-Dante

When I got Oberon Prime today, I knew what I was expecting, multifunctional abilities that actually do more harm than good.

but It wasn't the lack of damage or functional support, It was the weird implementation of his Druid/king of fairies theme and his blinding lights.

Shouldn't Druids like, shapeshift, manipulate animals and forces of nature, control the weather, the elements etc?
why is he doing a lot of unrelated nature abilities? his only accurate ability is hallowed ground.

and other than that, most of his abilities are really blinding, and annoying to the eyes, if you use the augment for his 4, it's over for you to actually see anything.

if he ever gets a rework, I hope it's an emphasis on summoning plantlife, animals etc.
except his 1 he summons vines and thorns.

his 2 deals heat damage instead of radiation.
and maybe his 3 instead of an invisible healing aura, maybe a cycle ability of 3 or 4 different animals that will support you with healing, damage etc.

His 4 can be him summoning a cloud with various weather patterns.

idk, sounds like a completely different Warframe I know, but the gist of this is to give him Druid or nature related abilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prof-Dante said:

Shouldn't Druids like, shapeshift, manipulate animals and forces of nature, control the weather, the elements etc?
why is he doing a lot of unrelated nature abilities? his only accurate ability is hallowed ground

Oberon is a Paladin toolkit. His 1 is called Smite, as in Smite Evil. Hallowed Ground is most associated with churches, not nature. Renewal is healing, and Reckoning is sometimes used as a euphemism for God's Judgement

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, trst said:

So rework him into an entirely different frame with a different theme. We already have a name for that kind of rework: releasing a new frame. 

I think I've made it pretty clear that the point of these suggestions was to open up new ideas for him, not literally implement them.

1 hour ago, Prof-Dante said:

and other than that, most of his abilities are really blinding, and annoying to the eyes, if you use the augment for his 4, it's over for you to actually see anything

Pro-tip: turn down your gpu particles and all that crap, you’ll be able to see so much more of the game

IMO oberon is fine, maybe a small buff, but otherwise fine. I was trying out old frames, got to oberon, and was suprized when his 4th augment made him a DPS in SP. Limbo on the other hand, probably needs the most attention after nyx and trinity.

Edited by Joezone619

Oberon is stuck in no-man's-land. As the jack-of-all master-of-none frame he can do stuff, but anything he does...someone else does better. Since he isn't meta for any mission type he's easily taken for granted. Worst of all, his play rate is high enough to the point where he'll probably never even get a lite rework.

https://www.warframe.com/2023stats

Edit: Well...perhaps not high enough after all. A play rate of 0.64% is not healthy.

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG

I'd rather keep him as the Oath of Ancients esque DnD Paladin theme, it's a really cool style.

If I could change anything I would love to make his Hallowed Ground a Press/Hold ability that makes it able to lay a Rafiation field down and also maintain a ring of Radiation around him for a duration for a bit more energy.

Also more ability synergies for the poor guy. Maybe like if you used Reckoning on an enemy you've recently Smited causes every enemy caught in Reckoning to also explode with a Smite.

Il y a 15 heures, Prof-Dante a dit :

When I got Oberon Prime today, I knew what I was expecting, multifunctional abilities that actually do more harm than good.

but It wasn't the lack of damage or functional support, It was the weird implementation of his Druid/king of fairies theme and his blinding lights.

why is he doing a lot of unrelated nature abilities? his only accurate ability is hallowed ground.

and other than that, most of his abilities are really blinding, and annoying to the eyes, if you use the augment for his 4, it's over for you to actually see anything.

if he ever gets a rework, I hope it's an emphasis on summoning plantlife, animals etc.
except his 1 he summons vines and thorns.

his 2 deals heat damage instead of radiation.
and maybe his 3 instead of an invisible healing aura, maybe a cycle ability of 3 or 4 different animals that will support you with healing, damage etc.

His 4 can be him summoning a cloud with various weather patterns.

idk, sounds like a completely different Warframe I know, but the gist of this is to give him Druid or nature related abilities.

Oberon is the frame for blind meta, yes he need a rework but he is viable n sp.

33 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Speaking of Druids, what are the best MMOs with a Druid class in it? I heard Diablo 4 makes Druids so versatile and customizable...but I'd like to know if there are other choices.

I enjoyed Diablo 4's Druid, they let me make a Lightning/Storm Werewolf that wrecked shop. And it's not an MMO, but the Druid in Baldur's Gate 3 is pretty fun and let's you get the best of both worlds with a lot of cool spells and extremely strong transformations.

Edited by TeaHands