Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Games still buggy and glitchy from 2013-2024 years

----o----

Many years repeating...repeating...and...more repeating.

This game remains buggy...even in these days,my opinion is,something developers doing incorrect with own they game,they fix a lots things,but also a lot make bugs and glitch.

Why it happen?...who making these repeat mistakes?

I don't know actually anymore myself.

Maybe of you peoples know more than me why it's happening?

• Like 1

Its because of code bloat. Every time they introduce new content, it can affect old content in strange ways.

Its not just warframe. Remember that Destiny 2 cut around 1/3rd of its content from the game because it was too much to keep bug free. Warframe is buggy only because they dont cut content. So dont see bugs as a bad thing, see it as a badge of honour that they arnt going to compromise their content for stability.

• Like 4

Game is still technically beta, even the devs admitted it. Thats why some game mechanics are very different even during 1-2 months and why we get a lot of content and rebalancing overall, which automatically brings more bugs. If you see a less buggy game somewhere, its probably because it gets much less new content a year and doesnt get any rebalancing updates to mess with old stuff. Thats when you can just fix the bugs without multiplying them.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

The game is still buggy because they are constantly adding new content. Whenever they add something new, or change anything, that has the potential to mess up something else. And there are a LOT of things to be messed up, since this game has code that is over 11 years old built into it. As long as DE keeps updating the game, there will be bugs. It's essentially impossible to make a live-service game bug free because of this.

hace 6 horas, --Leyenda-yight6 dijo:

but absolutely nothing is free of bugs

Bug repellent.

Therefore, if we spray the code with this, the game will work flawlessly, at least for some time.
And when it doesn't, we apply again, thy process is called debugging for a reason.

Trust me, not only am I a Pablo but a programmer too.

Hm...reading what saying peoples in here it seem there is no answer who exactly cause these bugs and glitch,possible everything slightly not knowing self developers who cause exactly,i guess so coding,programming is hard job.

I think i need myself find answer why this is happening and then going creating new topic to guess why this is happening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ----o---- said:

This game remains buggy...even in these days,my opinion is,something developers doing incorrect with own they game,they fix a lots things,but also a lot make bugs and glitch.

First it's not that they just repeat mistakes. They create new one. Sure, there will be some repeated stuff but that's human nature.

So you have program (game in this case). Many things interact with each other. You can make it "perfect" but it takes time and can be slow.

For example there were recent Line of sight changes. To detect enemies around you that are not covered by some obstacles, game can draw lines from your character & all enemies. You draw 1 line from your head. To what part of enemy? Let's say enemy head (so your X to enemy's X). Ok, but you don't see enemy head but rest of the body. So you draw another line. With all position you may end up drawing A LOT of lines. That could potentially slow down game. What they do is draw 3 lines and have some modified version around you (not going into details here). It may not be perfect but it works pretty decent and it's not slow.

So you have this big game. Bigger program (game) = potentially more bugs. Dev's time is limited. They couldn't just fix most bugs. as this would cause no new content. We still want something new. So they do what they think is balance between "good enough" and "new content". Sometimes they go one way. Sometimes they go another way. Nothing is perfect.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Trust me, not only am I a Pablo but a programmer too.

Just because you are Pablo doesn't mean I have to trust you.

7 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Or maybe you can elaborate on which bug you are talking about instead of complaining wildly and blaming the devs.

I going repeat last time...i didn't say word "blame" or "complain"...i asking...why it happening?

Are you reading what i saying?...or even you don't understand words meaning?

I don't blame developers or complaining in here,i asking why it happening and that it.

Edited by ----o----
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ----o---- said:

Also just remember lad, the game is made by HUMANS. Not AI. According to human history, humans can't ever do something perfect. 

Previously in my this topic i read peoples comments what was saying about Glitch and bug.

Games still buggy and glitchy from 2013-2024 years - General Discussion - Warframe Forums

Maybe these glitch and bugs news appear while Warframe developers deploying update but when players playing during missions?

Well for example,when we get warning in chat with red letters something like this "hotfix is coming in 1 minute!" and then "hotfix is deploying now! Remain in your missions until this is complete."

Maybe developers should deploy every time update when completely offline warframe...i mean just shut down completely temporary while warframe developers deploying update?

Maybe it's bad idea deploy update while players still playing in missions,maybe that thing cause new bug and glitch?

Of course i can be wrong what i say...it's just my guess.

No amount of asking and brainstorming "why is there bugs/glitches" will ever yield you the solution you're looking for. The only way for any game to bug/glitch free is if you literally live in the perfect world.

Edited by NekroArts
  • Like 2

man you make too much of this, bugs are something that will always be there, there is not a single game in the whole world that is bug free, the most you can do is try to fix it as best as you can, but you can never achieving a perfect bug-free state and in a game that is constantly updating and modifying old code is even much more difficult.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

When the update is deployed, you wont see the effects of it until you restart the game and download it, so it's impossible for any bugs from that new hotfix to appear in the middle of a mission.

That maybe can cause news appear glitch and bugs,warframe developers was trying deploy updates when completely everything offline at least single time?

5 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

man you make too much of this, bugs are something that will always be there, there is not a single game in the whole world that is bug free, the most you can do is try to fix it as best as you can, but you can never achieving a perfect bug-free state and in a game that is constantly updating and modifying old code is even much more difficult.

I didn't make too much topic,it just look like too much i created,only second topic i created about almost same topic.

I know it's hard for developers,not trying being be annyoing,just trying find answer why it happening.

Dude's making a new topic for every new keyword they hear xD

May I suggest you your next new topics?
More black myth wukong and/or souls like gameplay, gt6, battle royale, hero shooter, destructible environment, offline mode, gacha cards, raytracing, auction house and the latest hot stuff: AI (AI will change everything once implemented ingame).

But back to your current topic:

vor 53 Minuten schrieb ----o----:

Maybe these glitch and bugs news appear while Warframe developers deploying update but when players playing during missions?

Well for example,when we get warning in chat with red letters something like this "hotfix is coming in 1 minute!" and then "hotfix is deploying now! Remain in your missions until this is complete."

Iirc that's already happening, they are taking the update server offline and push the new update on to it. Hence you can't update (via the launcher) during this time. Your local game files then get updated once you restart the game. And to prevent player squads having different game versions you'll have to relog (= update) before starting a new mission.
Don't know how they are running the progress saving server, but iirc the remain in missions is due to the then offline/not reachable server. You can try this yourself by trying to exit during this time, you'll most likely get the red "network not responding" message.

vor 53 Minuten schrieb ----o----:

Maybe developers should deploy every time update when completely offline warframe...i mean just shut down completely temporary while warframe developers deploying update?

How should they do that? Last time I checked for example steamdb there was no time where 0 players were online.
And forcing a game exit will end up in a S#&$storm by players: imagine running a level mission or even just a 1-2 hour relic run, just to be forced to abort.
I think the current update system is good. You can finish your mission as you like and then update later.

But I think the minority of bugs are due to corrupted (/updated) game files. Majority are code issues where code isn't behaving as intended.
Since DEs dev are humans too there'll always be some bugs. Errare humanum est.
Especially if you are working on such an old and large code base as WF and all that in cooperation with other devs and their written codes lines.

Only thing we as players can do is reporting these bugs as detailed as possible, so the devs can reproduce it to find and repair the faulty code.

tl:dr

vor 10 Minuten schrieb ----o----:

just trying find answer why it happening.

Before updates/reporting bugs: large & old code base + multiple people working on it + humans doing mistakes = bugs
After Updates/reporting bugs: large & old code base + multiple people working on it + humans doing mistakes + new lines of code - old faulty code = new bugs
(but hopefully less than before)

Edited by Dark_Lugia

5 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Dude's making a new topic for every new keyword they hear xD

May I suggest you your next new topics?
More black myth wukong and/or souls like gameplay, gt6, battle royale, hero shooter, destructible environment, offline mode, gacha cards, raytracing, auction house and the latest hot stuff: AI (AI will change everything once implemented ingame).

But back to your current topic:

Iirc that's already happening, they are taking the update server offline and push the new update on to it. Hence you can't update (via the launcher) during this time. Your local game files then get updated once you restart the game. And to prevent player squads having different game versions you'll have to relog (= update) before starting a new mission.
Don't know how they are running the progress saving server, but iirc the remain in missions is due to the then offline/not reachable server. You can try this yourself by trying to exit during this time, you'll most likely get the red "network not responding" message.

How should they do that? Last time I checked for example steamdb there was no time where 0 players were online.
And forcing a game exit will end up in a S#&$storm by players: imagine running a level mission or even just a 1-2 hour relic run, just to be forced to abort.
I think the current update system is good. You can finish your mission as you like and then update later.

But I think the minority of bugs are due to corrupted (/updated) game files. Majority are code issues where code isn't behaving as intended.
Since DEs dev are humans too there'll always be some bugs. Errare humanum est.
Especially if you are working on such an old and large code base as WF and all that in cooperation with other devs and their written codes lines.

Only thing we as players can do is reporting these bugs as detailed as possible, so the devs can reproduce it to find and repair the faulty code.

tl:dr

Before updates/reporting bugs: large & old code base + multiple people working on it + humans doing mistakes = bugs
After Updates/reporting bugs: large & old code base + multiple people working on it + humans doing mistakes + new lines of code - old faulty code = new bugs
(but hopefully less than before)

I know humanity is not perfect,just need already find answer why it's happening many years,i know it possible,but problem is we don't know exactly reason who it cause that.

If not they going experiment...then they never find answer exactly who cause that,i just suggest for them do experiments until find who cause exactly.

programming,coding is very hard realm work,i know that,but knowing well how it working exactly,it possible everything if you know exactly who cause that,but current problem developers don't know exactly reason why it happening that,maybe.

My opinion developers should start do many experiments who cause these new bug and glitch,otherwise it repeat endless.

3 minutes ago, ----o---- said:

programming,coding is very hard realm work,i know that,but knowing well how it working exactly,it possible everything if you know exactly who cause that,but current problem developers don't know exactly reason why it happening that,maybe.

My opinion developers should start do many experiments who cause these new bug and glitch,otherwise it repeat endless.

Just go to r/GameDev, a place where there's actual game developers with experience.

• Like 1