The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's just not fun anymore

Haleks

I don't understand why DE is obsessing so much about "new player experience" when, to me at least, the biggest problem with Warframe is the total lack of balance. Pretty much every single normal chart session I played these past weeks had a Gauss - or worst, a Titania - zipping through levels while spamming Thermal Sunder... Where's the fun in running behind a noisy fireworks fest that obliterates everything before you even have a chance to lay eyes on it ?

It's mindblowing to me that DE would invest so much efforts through several major updates to improve the new player experience (which, arguably, is unnecessary - everything from the prologue to The Sacrfice being perfectly fine), while ignoring relatively easy (nerf goddamn Thermal Sunder already!) or urgent fixes that would, most likely, benefit player retention. It is way too easy currently for a team member to completely ruin a session for others, to the point that I'm finding myself quitting games whenever I see a Titania (or a Mirage, or a Gauss) joining the party. The power creep is so prevalent that the recent damage rework had absolutely no effect whatsoever - a returning player probably wouldn't even realize that damage has been "overhauled" recently.

I mean, I had more fun trying The First Descendant, even though its gameplay is extremely basic and its artistical direction so blend that it feels like watching an AI-generated poster...

Edited by Haleks
  • Like 10

I never find any Titania or Gauss anywhere, I don't know.

New player experience is mandatory for a F2P, which by definition has lots of new players every day.

Experienced players can very easily avoid groups with bad experience (as you described), and everything being "too easy" is on purpose, obviously, complaining about that is moot, it won't change.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Haleks said:

Pretty much every single session I played these past weeks had a Gauss - or worst, a Titania - zipping through levels while spamming Thermal Sunder, be it in normal or SP chart... Where's the fun in running behind a noisy fireworks fest that obliterates everything before you even have a chance to lay eyes on it ?

What seems to be your problem exactly? Is the mission complete? I assume this is about capture and extermination mission. Where it is literally their objective to kill stuff and get to the end asap. 

Do you want to play slower (less time efficient) and have higher contribution? Use premade, play solo or run Titania Sunder yourself. Or you can keep on complaining, there always going to be a reason to, no matter how much they nerf things you do not particularly find fun.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

What seems to be your problem exactly? Is the mission complete? You want to play slower (less time efficient) and have higher contribution? Use premade, play solo or run Titania Sunder yourself. Or you can keep on complaining, there is gonna always reason to no matter how much the nerf things you do not particularly find fun.

I want to actually play the thing - not watch others smashing a nuke them all button...

If the only recourse to have some modicum of fun is to go solo, or to adopt the same cheesy meta, then I'd say something is fundamentally wrong the game, wouldn't you ? Warframe is a coop game essentially, and yeah, it's an easy one too; so naturally you end up "competing" with your fellow team mates, which at this point is where the fun resides for most of us, I think. But it's just not possible when balance is all over the place.

Like I said, where's the fun in running behind a tiny Titania nuke ? Thermal Sunder is so blatantly OP that nerfing it should be an easy decision - and a much more saner one for the game than suggesting to forego the coop dimension of WF.

Edited by Haleks
  • Like 8

36 minutes ago, Haleks said:

I don't understand why DE is obsessing so much about "new player experience"

New players are the life blood, they bring in money.

36 minutes ago, Haleks said:

Pretty much every single session I played these past weeks had a Gauss - or worst, a Titania - zipping through levels while spamming Thermal Sunder, be it in normal or SP chart... Where's the fun in running behind a noisy fireworks fest that obliterates everything before you even have a chance to lay eyes on it ?

Pub fissures are about efficiency and the reward at the end, recruit chat exists for those that want a more controlled environment.

have you tired 'reduce teammate visual effects' setting? some abilities and weapons are indeed a lot of visual noise.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Haleks said:

Like I said, where's the fun in running behind a tiny Titania nuke ? Thermal Sunder is so blatantly OP that nerfing it should be an easy decision

If you think TS is OP then you haven't seen nothing yet lol. You must be a new player or something. Have you tried EDA yet? Nobody would even think about using TS there.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

If you think TS is OP then you haven't seen nothing yet lol. You must be a new player or something. Have you tried EDA yet? Nobody would even think about using TS there.

I'm not new, nope. And yeah, I know there's plenty of niche builds out there, and harder content as well, but it doesn't change the fact that TS in itself is way too disruptive and easy to exploit. If something as simple as slapping TS on a frame is enough to completely kill casual coop gameplay, then good luck retaining those new players DE is trying so hard to bring in... :clem:

• Like 2

While I somewhat agree with your points about other players killing everything while you run behind. I've come to accept it on public fissures since players want to open relics fast.

Like said above there's options you can't really control public or how others play. 

I usually play solo if I want to go slower and just shoot enemies.

1 minute ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

While I somewhat agree with your points about other players killing everything while you run behind. I've come to accept it on public fissures since players want to open relics fast.

Like said above there's options you can't really control public or how others play. 

I usually play solo if I want to go slower and just shoot enemies.

But maybe there's a middle ground to aim for ? Yeah, we all want to open relics fast, for sure, but if players had a chance to actually compete in how fast and how much they can contribute, it would be a lot more rewarding for everyone - which doesn't seem like an impossible task for the devs, given how wild and over-performant some abilities are compared to the rest.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Haleks said:

But maybe there's a middle ground to aim for ? Yeah, we all want to open relics fast, for sure, but if players had a chance to actually compete in how fast and how much they can contribute, it would be a lot more rewarding for everyone - which doesn't seem like an impossible task for the devs, given how wild and over-performant some abilities are compared to the rest.

Thats the game for ya race to see who can kill more and fastest.  And do it in more fun , absurd ways. 

I would beg that volts, wisps, saryns, jades, novas are in more disruptive playstyle than ts tactics, but its the price you pay if go for rng pub runs.

Awaken your inner leech to just collect loot, and try solo plays to enjoy your own loadouts at your pace. 

I would love everyone have grendel treatment, at any given time only 5 enemies get affected by abilities, scaling is no existant, and half of the time ability status effects doesnt apply :D

1 hour ago, Haleks said:

Pretty much every single session I played these past weeks had a Gauss - or worst, a Titania - zipping through levels while spamming Thermal Sunder, be it in normal or SP chart...

Were these base star chart missions fissures rather than regular missions?  Personally I think DE is more likely to care about people blitzing standard Star Chart progression missions--especially in the first half--than they are about fissures.

Edited by Tiltskillet

No thermal sunder?

Alright. 

Il use my oneshot xaku auto build.

My nuclear warplatform saryn with viral. Corrosive, magnetic and xata all in one beam of death that will kill maps faster then titania can zip zap into pixie mode.

Slamkong exists.

Gyre. Sprint through map. 

What you are describing as a problem.

Is warframe.

Its a power fantasy. You are complaining people bring the most efficient frame they might have to do a node? 

Yeah solo Q is for you. 

I dont ever bring a suboptimal frame into any mission unless i am required to do something frame X does.

If its capture. Wukong.

Survival. Xaku/Jade.

Excavation. Limbo/frost.

Exterminate. Xaku.

• Like 6

hace 31 minutos, Traumtulpe dijo:

Are you challenging me Traum? Thermal Sunder remains extremely good at high level content like EDA, provided you understand how it works and what affects it, though not as simple as the TS spam we know author is complaining about, which is OP, for low levels, since there's little effort to put towards it.
There are far stronger and faster scaling things for the harder content of course, we all know that, but for low levels, yeah, TS is 'OP'.

I called it back then when people wanted TS nerfed on subsume frames, "I'll just bring Gauss then lol", we're right where I expected.

hace 16 minutos, Raarsi dijo:

The solution is simple: play a max strength Volt and make sure his 2 is up.  Especially on the Gauss or Titania.

Definitely worth the entertainment value.

5 min later:

Latest Topics: Please let us opt out of getting affected by Volt's Speed thread nº314 😎

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

I dont ever bring a suboptimal frame into any mission [...]

If its capture. Wukong.

Survival. Xaku/Jade.

Excavation. Limbo/frost.

Exterminate. Xaku.

It's funny to me how I don't like any of those frames' kits and never play them.

If I absolutely *have* to defend something it's Zephyr/Volt/Loki.

Gotta go fast? Volt/Titania.

Nuking the map up to level cap? Garuda.

Weapon platform things? Volt/Saryn/Rhino/Garuda.

This changes over time though, in the past I used Limbo for defense, spy and rescue missions. "They ain't gonna let us walk out of here." Oh I think they will.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

il y a une heure, Haleks a dit :

I want to actually play the thing - not watch others smashing a nuke them all button...

il y a 50 minutes, dwqrf a dit :

What about both ?

Play support, buff you allies, and watch em kill everything. Win win.

il y a 38 minutes, Haleks a dit :

So, your suggestion is to buff my fellow TS Titania at the beginning so she can nuke stuff even faster ? 😕

What's confusing about it ? If you don't want to be the Sunder Titania speeding through, then you can play anything else that can help her do so, or help the squad catch up safely. That's also playing the game.

Also, a lot of gamemodes aren't plagued with Titanias. You could play those instead.

You are complaining about something while jumping in this exact content at the same time. Make a choice, you can't do both.

• Like 3

1 час назад, Haleks сказал:

What type of mission did you play? was team premade one? If it was Void fissures then main goal is to gather void traces and open relic. To avoid Gauss or Titania spam you can play in premade squad or solo(almost every type of mission can be completed solo in warframe). 

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

I never find any Titania or Gauss anywhere, I don't know.

Big agree with this.

I NEVER see Titania. And Gauss is like once a week. He stands out pretty significantly with his spell effects, so it's pretty safe to speak on how rare he is, for me at least.

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

What seems to be your problem exactly? Is the mission complete? I assume this is about capture and extermination mission. Where it is literally their objective to kill stuff and get to the end asap. 

Do you want to play slower (less time efficient) and have higher contribution? Use premade, play solo or run Titania Sunder yourself. Or you can keep on complaining, there always going to be a reason to, no matter how much they nerf things you do not particularly find fun.

These kinds of replies are a bit disingenuous, and there are a few of them. Obviously the OP wants to be able to play the game, not just have things automatically completed for him. This shouldn't even have to be explained.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

I also agree with this. Thermal Sunder is just too weak. Sure, it keeps multiplying itself... But by the time you have to cast it more than twice to kill things, why aren't you just doing something that's better?

14 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

What's confusing about it ? If you don't want to be the Sunder Titania speeding through, then you can play anything else that can help her do so, or help the squad catch up safely. That's also playing the game.

Are you missing the point on purpose ?

What help would a TS Titania need when she's already cleaning up rooms by spamming one button ? Does the squad need help to "safely" catch up with a flying mosquito terminator that has terminated any signs of life ahead ?

No, that's not "playing", by any metrics.

• Like 1