The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Koumei & The five fates the best warframe update in history ?

Waeleto

No nerfs (really the wukong thing is a bug fix), 2 AMAZING reworks, Companion rework is amazing (i'm FINALLY free from smeeta), 3 deluxe skins, Koumei looks REALLY fun (tho i wonder if the RNG will be good) 

This genuinely feels like the best warframe update ever ? like it was a W after W 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

No nerfs (really the wukong thing is a bug fix)

The update is looking very good, but there are two hard nerfs.

Wukong (all abilities cancel melee animations like slams, changing this for Wukong is obviously not a bug fix but an intentional nerf) - at this point the only thing monkey boy can do is move fast lol.

Smeeta - all of the buffs except for loot are worthless (not that some of them can't be good on occasion, but you don't pick a companion because "maybe it'll give me a vaguely useful buff sometimes").

• Like 2

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

Wukong (all abilities cancel melee animations like slams, changing this for Wukong is obviously not a bug fix but an intentional nerf) - at this point the only thing monkey boy can do is move fast lol.

I really have barely seen this being used outside of ONE SERVER ngl

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

Smeeta - all of the buffs except for loot are worthless (not that some of them can't be good on occasion, but you don't pick a companion because "maybe it'll give me a vaguely useful buff sometimes").

It feels like they took the GOOD thing about smeeta and gave it to ALL companions tho ? it was SO annoying having to use it all the time (and let's be real we HAD to use it)

3 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

It feels like they took the GOOD thing about smeeta and gave it to ALL companions tho

No, they took the one good thing about Smeeta and deleted it. Period.

You know very well that Charm wasn't used for the "statistical average loot buff" of 13%, as quoted for the new mod in the workshop. The loot buff effectively got removed is the reality. Of course you may still want to equip that 13% mod (better than nothing I suppose!), but there is no real replacement, Charm is dead.

Edited by Traumtulpe

I think it'll be the first Tennotober I will have nothing to complain about. The Nova changes are awesome and very unexpected, and her Deluxe accessories are great. I picked a good time to start playing her again.

Not sure about Koumei's abilities though...

Spoiler

R6BsxFB.png

But her 2 sounds very interesting, and her 3 should be generally solid. And her umbralla gun looks like a lot of fun!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

And her umbralla gun looks like a lot of fun!

If I got that right it will have an augment for random status effects (I'm thinking Secondary Encumber), plus you can use it as a shield. Looking forward to it!

4 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

If I got that right it will have an augment for random status effects (I'm thinking Secondary Encumber)

Which is really interesting, since Koumei's passive is the same thing. Signature weapon buffs as augments for other frames to have access? 🤔

Edited by PublikDomain

I'm really Happy and excited.

A luck based frame, and a one that can utilize Decrees were up there of my list of Warframe ideas, and I get both in one.
but that's not all because I get to play with new cool companion mechanics, and gimmicky weapons.

Best update to Warframe was obviously the Frame Fighter Update but I can see what you mean. 

Koumei's design and kit looks super interesting, getting Decrees in missions is just plain silly and I'm here for it. She'll be interesting to play in Duviri.

Her Umbrella gun makes me hope we get more guns with Shields. Maybe a Pistol+Riot Shield combo??

Volt's Deluxe looks sick, wasn't expecting Nova's new Deluxe AND Rework. Hildryn getting buffed was cool to see. Excited to play Caliban again, didn't hate him but he didn't bring a lot to the table for me.

Companion Rework is tight. I love their Aura Mods and I'm so happy they're getting actual separate weapons to mod.

I keep saying it but I have to give props where it's due. Reb has been taking Warframe into a fantastic direction and every update under her care has had something that grabs my attention and gets me back in the game. What a time for Warframe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

This reads like you have no idea how this behaves in practice in a region dominated by this frame choice. It's even worse than the height of Synoid Simulor Mirage or any other Western meta we've been using over here. Sure, you can cancel slams with other means, but the Cloudwalker slam spam was really annoying for the players that aren't glued to speed nukes like I am with Nova. Not everyone is playing something like Titania where you can pull ahead of someone who's good at that (or likely Macroing).

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

How are so many people overlooking the fact Smeeta will give a slightly more consistent 3x Affinity bonus? Like, I read so many complaints about Forma and XP farming, and this change splits up what was good about Smeeta, buffs the original Kavat overall, removes the stacking garbage that created massive disparities in squad rewards, and gives players much more opportunity to prioritize the kind of loot buffs they want while still preserving value in taking Charm itself. If you see this as a nerf solely because you can't wait and pray for a x16 booster stack in your camp survival or speed-nuke Arbitration, you should just go play idle games like Cookie Clicker for your dopamine stimulation.

Its looking really good, but I like to wait and see. If I were to power rank updates, and just based on the preview, I'd probably rank it high at the moment, but I also think we have had some very great, underrated updates, especially in recent years (as far as perceptions, generalisations and discussions, and differences in how people can be).

There is a lot about Koumei I am excited about. Koumei herself looks really interesting and fun, and I love gimmick weapons, so an umbrella themed gun with a beam alt fire? The surprise Nova and Hildrynn tweaks? I generally like Nova, but have been too busy with other Warframes, but now i have a really good reason to spend some time working on a Nova build. So even though I already play most Warframes a lot already... Then the Caliban rework looked great too. Am excited to play them. Plus the new Deluxe skins for them, Volt and Nova... Also, makes me anticipate what they will do with Nyx and Trinity in 1999. All the other QOL, Companion rework changes, I actually thought their solution to Charm was relatively player friendly. Like they went for a side change, as opposed to just nerfing/disabling it. Plus so many exciting new additions, changes. 

That being said, how I personally find and value updates... My fav usually have new modes, tile sets, which usually come from larger updates. I will need to see and play the actual new mode where we earn Koumei, and see how fun or interesting that is, what sort of game cycle that will be, or game loop. I assume it will likely be good if not fine, but its the kind of thing, that influences how much I like an update. For comparison, I tend to personally like Angels of the Zariman and Whispers. New modes, new tiles. Again though, its not like I would expect so much from medium sized updates like Koumei. I will be impressed if I like it more than the Abyss of Dagath or Dante Unbound, and at the moment I think I might. Oh and I forget, always enjoy getting new Incarnons. Especially especially the Sybaris. Am interesting in what the Dera will do. 

What new content is there though? A new warframe and some quality of life? Do you remember the last paultry update? There are some great changes but the new content offered is minimal at best. I'm looking forward to it but you are being neive saying best new update.

31 minutes ago, Voltage said:

How are so many people overlooking the fact Smeeta will give a slightly more consistent 3x Affinity bonus? Like, I read so many complaints about Forma and XP farming, and this change splits up what was good about Smeeta, buffs the original Kavat overall, removes the stacking garbage that created massive disparities in squad rewards, and gives players much more opportunity to prioritize the kind of loot buffs they want while still preserving value in taking Charm itself. If you see this as a nerf solely because you can't wait and pray for a x16 booster stack in your camp survival or speed-nuke Arbitration, you should just go play idle games like Cookie Clicker for your dopamine stimulation.

While I agree the smeeta nerf is not all doom and gloom, losing the 2+ minute double booster does suck considering you could pick up 2 se drops with guaranteed double amounts. Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't stack but I'm not sure the way it was handled was best.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Waeleto:

No nerfs (really the wukong thing is a bug fix), 2 AMAZING reworks, Companion rework is amazing (i'm FINALLY free from smeeta), 3 deluxe skins, Koumei looks REALLY fun (tho i wonder if the RNG will be good) 

This genuinely feels like the best warframe update ever ? like it was a W after W 

I hold my horses till I actually played the expansion. Keep expectations low, you know?

2 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Where can I read the patch notes?

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I think it'll be the first Tennotober I will have nothing to complain about. The Nova changes are awesome and very unexpected, and her Deluxe accessories are great. I picked a good time to start playing her again.

Not sure about Koumei's abilities though...

Hide contents

R6BsxFB.png

But her 2 sounds very interesting, and her 3 should be generally solid. And her umbralla gun looks like a lot of fun!

Wait so she is like voruna?