Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

The main thing is Brakk is still very powerful. If it had started out this way literally no-one would say it was under-powered.

And Hitler would've been a nice guy if he hadn't started WW2. That's not how history happened though.

The Brakk may still kill things, but now it forces you into closer combat where enemies can kill you even easier at high levels. All the nerf-retardant coating in the world won't save our bodies if future changes continue this trend.

Why do i feel some rage and hatred? This is why (Gravidus/Grineer):

-hBxcwm_pgQ.jpg

I feel your pain. I did 191 missions on my end. Now I'm stuck with a useless potato gun :(

To add to the thread I'm very unhappy about the Brakk nerf as well. I tried it on Mercury before ( 1 st mission ) and the result were this : Serration mod pushed to 105% damage increase, mid-range more the less field of shooting, Grineer Marine on the other side , took me 3 magazines to put the dude down. A level 1 guy :| ( and no there was no lag, it was in solo ).

In my opinion a reward weapon is a weapon that says :"Congrats player for doing this long event ! As a reward for your efforts have this unique weapon !". Now it's more like :"Congrats player for doing this long event ! As a reward for your efforts have this unique useless peashooter with the spread of a musket rifle !". Now I reckon that the Brakk was powerful, but for players like me, it was by far the best sidearm for endgame plays or for long-time aimed survival/defence missions, where very high damage weapons are mandatory if you want to survive.

So for short nerfing an event weapon = bad idea because :

1- It will make the people who worked to get it feel like they completely lost their time on getting it

2- It transforms event reward weapons into just another slightly less common weapon on all aspects

3- People who actually invested time into transforming it to suit their desires now have their build completely broken.,

Horray!  Another weapon to throw away and NEVER AGAIN USE!  Because reducing base damage to balance the numbers is clearly for sissies.

I'd like my 2 Formas back now.  Seriously.

Falloff is too severe a nerf to apply to any weapon.  As it stands, falloff = dead gun.  At ranges where enemies (aside from Infested, and they're never frightening with doom cannon shotgun damage [which falloff "fixes", remember}) become letal, falloff is still ripping the guts out of everything it's applied to.  The Volt proved the point: if it's only useful against one faction, then for the majority of the game it's a worthless item (also, why use it if it's been nerfed into the ground?).  The issue is that falloff has NEVER fixed the problem, but instead SEVERELY polarized whatever it touches.

Damage 2.0 was a chance to fix problems like this BEFORE they got so stupidly overwhelming (aside from the "Q.Q I no can haz, plox NERF into ground, kthx", but that's the issue with exclusive content).  Instead of really attacking the root cause of shotgun-type weapons being so destructive (i.e.: rediculous base damage), we see the same knee-jerk responce that rendered these guns obsolete to begin with.

DE:  High base damage = higher modded damage.  If you want the damage lower, you make the base damage lower.    

And speaking of damage (2.0), we have a number of damage holes in the system.  Older weapons aren't seeing the play they deserve because they don't have the damage to make it worth the effort.  But worse still is Our Lord and Savior, Proc Chance.  This one little stat is the root cause of most of the play styles you see in game today.  It effects too much of the base game.  Whatever happened to melee ground slam causing knockdown?  Proc'd.  Why are these elemental "damage" mods not causing damage?  Proc'd.  Why am I dying with an almost full shield?  Proc'd.  Stalker?  Proc'd.

To clarify my stance, I believe that the Proc on Slash, Penetrate, and Impact are good to have.  I also approve of seeing the combo elemental effects set purely to proc.  I have issues with base attack effects (melee knockdown attacks, or SOME elemental damage from a weapon that has just the one elemental mod) bowing to Almighty Proc.  This is a game where EVERY action is skill based.  Why is the damage of an attack at the tender mercy of RNG, let alone some invisible yardstick (in the curious case of falloff)?

P.S.:  Purely elemental weapons.

I love having a flamethrower.  I am confused my the 1% chance to light things on fire with a stream of flame.  Similarly, other ranged elemental weapons have this issue.  Worse still is the melee elemental weapon concept.  If it's melee, then why not just take away all the damage ever by making it all elemental instead of using these wonderful Slash, Penetrate, or Impact stats that 2.0 introduced?  Ohh, and that way we make it suck really badly unless it proc's!  Yay proc!

What's the point of damage 2.0 if you're not using it (aside from Proc)?

Though I doubt this part will ever be read, here's a silly idea.  The old auto-proc idea seems like it'd work really well for a purely elemental gun.  If other types of mods are thrown into the mix (radioactive Ignis, anybody?), then simply apply the proc to the mixed element.  Keep lighting those Grineer candles, but occasionally confuse 'em when you do so.  Damage too high?  Then REDUCE THE BASE DAMAGE A BIT.

For elemental melee, there's the round-file option.  I don't care if the poison on the Dual Ichor is bad.  Getting hit with something shapped like that would HURT.  Where's the pain?

B.T.W., 30% damage mods for main guns in adorable, but I'd like to out-damage a pistol with a rifle.  The pistols are doing just fine when it comes to damage, so maybe 60% is a good number.  Just pointing it out.

Shotguns need to have falloff cut back to managable levels, and base damage reduced.  30% damage falloff at max, starting at 15m-25m (depending on the gun) would more than make up for the fact that the spread mechanic can be bypassed by Hell's Chamber IF base damage numbers were a little lower to begin with.  Need Proof?  Brakk had a base damage of 50/50/50.  People screamed that their shotguns sucked in comparison.  Maybe this is because falloff just sucks.

"Q.Q" doesn't mean the nerf option must always be applied, but I actually agree that the Brakk was doing too much damage WHEN YOU BUILT NOTHING BUT DAMAGE, and had gotten both multi-shot mods.  By the by, with the way the game works, that's what you do.  Those who don't, die.  Funny how that is.

Finally, please note the fact that I cared enough to make a major point of this, and in the patch note comments to boot.  I did this because I actually care about the issues at hand.  Proc chance is ruining what damage 2.0 could be.  Falloff has eaten an entire group of weapons, and what came out of it's south end aren't worth the hassle.  And people always cry about what they can't get access to.  Points of fact.

Edited by Cytobel

Brakk got nerf, I guess there's 1st time for everything. I don't think they have to do this because : 

1. it's a reward weapon, NOT all player can get this except someday we can trade weapons.

2. Since it's reward weapon the user of this weapon will become less due to the player cycle. ( 3 months playing so far I only met 3 people using Strun Wraith )

3. From now player will hesitate to play any event in the future for something they don't know it yet and spending their time just to get a weapon that will get nerf again later. 

4. I don't mind getting nerf but this nerf are just to big. Spread and reducing crit chances are better in my opinion. But the fall off damage are just to big.

That's all want to say, DE doing a great job so far and time to move on now.

P.s - What news on other game btw any other good game recently? 

Edited by Cpt.Mifune

catastrophic failure....i guess your logic is to nerf everything that is good and leave bad things to be ....instead making some weapons better you nerf ones that actually worth something ! and now ppl invested time + forma (x5 )+ nerves for nothing and those who did not play the event gain nothing either i guess that is the balance you are talking about ....this is just mine apinnion  dont take it as trolling or something like that just think about it .... 

very best to :

magusat999     i agree with every word you said magusat999 Edited by dr.sick

catastrophic failure....i guess your logic is to nerf everything that is good and leave bad things to be ....instead making some weapons better you nerf ones that actually worth something ! and now ppl invested time + forma (x5 )+ nerves for nothing and those who did not play the event gain nothing either i guess that is the balance you are talking about ....this is just mine apinnion  dont take it as trolling or something like that just think about it .... 

lol, as your name seems to be indicate somethin...

...loco loco loco...

And Hitler would've been a nice guy if he hadn't started WW2. That's not how history happened though.

The Brakk may still kill things, but now it forces you into closer combat where enemies can kill you even easier at high levels. All the nerf-retardant coating in the world won't save our bodies if future changes continue this trend.

Did you really just compare Hitler to a gun in a videogame?

Really?

Damage Fall-off does nothing but make the gun useless outside of Galatine range... Less than 10% damage at 20 meters? Seriously? This is a joke and my Brakk is still sitting in my inventory unranked. Remove the damage fall-off from shotguns and rebalance their spread to compromise.

Ehhhh.

More spread, fine, sure, whatever. Fall off damage? I was just starting to enjoy having Seeker on Brakk to blow down entire corridors of bodies. :|

Oh well. Let's be real, we all knew a nerf was coming. Event reward, time-consuming to acquire, blah blah blah, Brakk's a friggin semi-truck as a secondary. It might be fun to use, but it's ridiculously strong compared to everything else available.

And no, buffing everything else to be as strong as Brakk is NOT the right answer, since that would just mean the game is trivialized by all the guns being incredibly powerful.

All this change means is that occasionally you'll have to switch to your rifle/bow/whatever of choice to shoot things farther away. Or do what I do and run up to point-blank them anyway. Not a huge deal. (The fall off for punch through shots to get multiple kills is still a pain, though.)

I may not have a Brakk, but based on what I'm seeing, most people don't like this nerfing/balancing thing that appears to make everyone upset, because apparently the Brakk was the only weapon broken enough to actually perform against higher content. 

Now I will say it, not many other weapons were viable due to the things with Damage 2.0, as well as the level re-scale, but I personally, though I may not have the Tumor-Brakk, the nerf was a bit unfair to some sense. 

The reason I say this is because the Brakk is a shotgun-classed secondary, just like the Bronco and Prime, which NEITHER as far as I remember, have fall off. Now, I do understand that they're supposed to all be shotgun secondaries, but if one has falloff (Brakk and maybe(?) Bronco), why does the Bronco Prime MAGICALLY not? This doesn't quite make sense to me. If you're going to adjust that kind of stat, do it to all of them. I do believe that the spread was justifiable. 

The favoring of one type of damage on the Brakk also probably killed it for some people. From my 3rd-person Brakk-less view, I think it should have stayed at a neat 50/50/50, balanced for all factions, as it makes it less specialized and more jack-of-trades, which is what I'd expect out of an event weapon. Random example, Twin Gremlins have a similar balance, and I prefer them that way, viable no matter what, but not specialized. 

So, in summary, I think you should negate the drop-off OR add drop off to ALL shotgun secondaries to be fair, and return the Brakk damage distribution to the balanced point. I think most people wouldn't mind the accuracy drop as much if both of the other two problems were addressed. Whether or not you've read this, whomever concerned, or whether you take the advice, is all up to you.

Happy Holidays in advance, and don't burn out.

Ehhhh.

More spread, fine, sure, whatever. Fall off damage? I was just starting to enjoy having Seeker on Brakk to blow down entire corridors of bodies. :|

Oh well. Let's be real, we all knew a nerf was coming. Event reward, time-consuming to acquire, blah blah blah, Brakk's a friggin semi-truck as a secondary. It might be fun to use, but it's ridiculously strong compared to everything else available.

And no, buffing everything else to be as strong as Brakk is NOT the right answer, since that would just mean the game is trivialized by all the guns being incredibly powerful.

All this change means is that occasionally you'll have to switch to your rifle/bow/whatever of choice to shoot things farther away. Or do what I do and run up to point-blank them anyway. Not a huge deal. (The fall off for punch through shots to get multiple kills is still a pain, though.)

you have no idea what your talking about and have obviously never played high end content. 

DE doesnt know how to balance all they know how to do is nerf. Although this gives me a chance to test dual vastos before they realize their mistake and rebuff the brakk before they anger players that would bad mouth the game and also reviewers and youtubers who can pull people into spending money into the game.

Why always the same damage type on those weapons?

Rifles are puncture, shotguns are impact and hand cannons are also impact. It surely needs a mainstream damage type to represent weapon's characteristic kind by kind, but there are also need one or some alternative to prevent it become too inflexible.

I think Brakk can slant towards puncture or let damage keep average to be a different choice from bronco prime or dual broncos.

Did you really just compare Hitler to a gun in a videogame?

Really?

People wouldn't have tried to kill Hitler if he hadn't started a world war, ValhaHazred said that people wouldn't have complained if the Brakk wasn't as powerful to begin with.

The comparison was that, in two cases of alternate history, neither one matters because neither case actually happened. Just because it was slightly extreme doesn't mean it wasn't an accurate comparison.