Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

Lame move nerfing Brakk. We worked our behinds off to get it, now it'll just be another useless weapon in our inventory.

And yes, I am a bit pissed because the response we got is "come on, it still does a lot of damage point blank". Point blank is why we have melee.

I don't care about the damage nerf, it was coming. But the falloff and the spread just ruined it.

In a few months, Brakk would've been a rare weapon, just like Snipetron. Why the hell nerf it? It's not like all new players can get it. Why, why, why nerf exclusive gear?

You killed the Brakk. Good going.

- Brakk change:

Fall off added (10-20m)

Fall off is one of the only things that separated Brakk from Bronco, now they're pretty much the same, it is now the worst event weapon.Actually now that i look at the Wiki, the Bronco prime has no fall off damage, so if anything Bronco Prime is now better.

Edited by Subzerokid

Only thing that seperated Brakk from Bronco, now they're pretty much the same, it is now he worst event weapon.

Haha. No. It is better than the regular Bronco AND Bronco Prime - why?

It still has outrageous Status and Critical Hit chance.

You're all delusional if you think that the Brakk was supposed to be immune to nerfs. There's this strange concept called "balance", and it's the developers job to make sure that the balance of the game stays in-tact. As with everything overpowered, you need to realize first thing that if DE isn't completely incompetent, it's going to get nerfed eventually. This was the case with the Quick Thinking + Rage combo, and now it's the Brakk.

If you get Quick Thinking + Rage and spend the credits to max them out, if you get the Brakk and use forma to max it out, you don't suddenly become entitled to the evasion of balance nerfs. Yeah, using forma on a weapon only to have it nerfed later sucks, but that's just the way these things work. You need to get used to it because it's always going to be this way.

Yeah but why nerf something in a PvE game, if people like it?

Are there Grineer and Corpus gangs outside of DE's HQ who threat every member, because Brakk is "overpowered"?

Or lets be even more ridicioulus. Do DE like to nerf things because people tend to like something?

Its not like ive seen Brakk way more often in online games since Armor 2.0, because there are so many weapons now that are more usefull at missions.

PvP? Great we are going that way now. First Warframe should be a Coop Multiplayer game, now its going to be a PvP game?

So where is the excuse for Bronco? It also havent any dropoff, but yeah. Let's nerf Brakk first, because people who are still mad about the Detron or just dont like to see a good weapon against them, say so. 

Thats the only reason why there was this nerf now.

In my opinion?

Remove that stupid dropoff or at least decrease it. If there would be 100 pellets or more, there would be a reason for a dropoff, but not because of that few pellets a "Shotgun" spews out.

You cant deny that the dropoff system destroyed nearly every shotgun in this game.

Its already luck if you can strike enemies from far away with a shotgun. You can call yourself lucky if you hit like 3 pellets, but the dropoff system on top of that?

Gah just go away.

Yeah but why nerf something in a PvE game, if people like it?

Are there Grineer and Corpus gangs outside of DE's HQ who threat every member, because Brakk is "overpowered"?

Or lets be even more ridicioulus. Do DE like to nerf things because people tend to like something?

Its not like ive seen Brakk way more often in online games since Armor 2.0, because there are so many weapons now that are more usefull at missions.

PvP? Great we are going that way now. First Warframe should be a Coop Multiplayer game, now its going to be a PvP game?

So where is the excuse for Bronco? It also havent any dropoff, but yeah. Let's nerf Brakk first, because people who are still mad about the Detron or just dont like to see a good weapon against them, say so. 

Thats the only reason why there was this nerf now.

In my opinion?

Remove that stupid dropoff or at least decrease it. If there would be 100 pellets or more, there would be a reason for a dropoff, but not because of that few pellets a "Shotgun" spews out.

You cant deny that the dropoff system destroyed nearly every shotgun in this game.

Its already luck if you can strike enemies from far away with a shotgun. You can call yourself lucky if you hit like 3 pellets, but the dropoff system on top of that?

Gah just go away.

Nerfs don't happen because people like something. It doesn't matter how popular something is when it comes to game balance. Also, I have no idea where the PvP comment came from, nobody mentioned anything about PvP.

Also, shotguns are fine with damage falloff. Unless you're trying to use it from 30m+ range, which you shouldn't, then the falloff makes very little difference. I have over 26,000 kills with my Sobek and I've never once felt like falloff was hindering me.

The hotfixes are nice, but before you guys nerf anymore weapons, would you please consider buffing the weapons which need some serious help first?

Damage 2.0 already limited our weapon choices by quite a bit, and nerfing strong weapons without buffing the weaker ones will limit our loadout choices even further.

Lol all the Brakk whiners. It was WAY ahead in terms of DPS along sidearms and even primaries.

And tell me the reason why would i use any shotgun instead of Brakk, when they all had drawbacks which Brakk doesn't had.

What should have been done is done. now.

Nerfs don't happen because people like something. It doesn't matter how popular something is when it comes to game balance. Also, I have no idea where the PvP comment came from, nobody mentioned anything about PvP.

Also, shotguns are fine with damage falloff. Unless you're trying to use it from 30m+ range, which you shouldn't, then the falloff makes very little difference. I have over 26,000 kills with my Sobek and I've never once felt like falloff was hindering me.

Yeah thats mostly like why i posted that comment. A dropoff would be fine, but its a no no if there only like 10 pellets. 

If they would shoot like 200 pellets there would be a real reason, why the huge dropoff, but right now its idiotic.

Sobek with 4 pellets for example. You ever fired a real shotgun? That low pellet count can fly way further than a "normal" shell.

Its not like i want to say they should make the Brakk shoot like 600 pellets. That would be really ridiciulous, not only because it would make a huge impact on your FPS.

But then also adding a dropoff system thats a little bit to huge?

Oh and did i mentioned... In a futuristic Spaceninja-Game, where weapons are exclusively designed to kill a guy in an thick-armor cant fly a bit further? Common.

GODDAMN WHY DID YOU NERFED BRAKK.

This was the only weapon that kept me in that game. Well i guess game without buffs deserved to be abandoned.

Needless to say other event weapons as StrunW and SnipertrinV are now complete and utter sh*t no one uses anyway. So why did we need to tryharding running 100 missions to get one sh*tass toy guns?

F*ck this policy of total grinding, seriously, don't treat us like slaves that would accept any of your BS.

Aww, the only thing that kept you in the game was just one weapon? I can't even imagine how boring it must be you.

My Brakk... i feel some hatred now.

It'll go away dude, at least when you realize that it was a choice between buffing every other weapon in the game or just nerfing one. Survival is easier now = every weapon is buffed. Brakk got nerfed = balance.

Why slant the Brakk damage toward impact? Isn't the Bronco series already impact oriented? Wouldn't slash or puncture fill a more needed niche?

Edit: btw I STILL see no fix for off-host stats not working in the arsenal screen after playing a match. Yes I'm going to mention it every single hotfix that I don't see it get fixed.

Brakk vs. Bronco series isn't just about the type of damage, it's about being highly superior in every stat imaginable, making it more than twice as efficient as the Bronco Prime.

Finally there is a reason to equip something else than Brakk. I hate throwing weapons not being superior even though they're easily the most skill dependant secondary. Same goes with bows.

I understand that taking away your favorite toy will upset you, but that shouldn't be a reason for you to publicly humiliate yourself admitting that you can only play this game if you have outrageously overpowered weapons literally turning the game into easy mode. There is little point in having so many weapons if a single weapon is just outright superior to all of the others - effectively making all this complaint into this: "Keep the game broken so I can almost cheat my way through."

Still waiting for the weapons to balance out even more, I'd like the weapon selection to be a matter of preference not a matter of which of them is simply the best.

DE: Thanks for the patch! Updates, hotfixes, added content, everything lately has been over-the-top easily highest quality development in the gaming industry for years. You're showing the world of gaming companies an example. Keep the ambitions high, your work is unbelievably good.

Yeah thats mostly like why i posted that comment. A dropoff would be fine, but its a no no if there only like 10 pellets. 

If they would shoot like 200 pellets there would be a real reason, why the huge dropoff, but right now its idiotic.

Sobek with 4 pellets for example. You ever fired a real shotgun? That low pellet count can fly way further than a "normal" shell.

Its not like i want to say they should make the Brakk shoot like 600 pellets. That would be really ridiciulous, not only because it would make a huge impact on your FPS.

But then also adding a dropoff system thats a little bit to huge?

Oh and did i mentioned... In a futuristic Spaceninja-Game, where weapons are exclusively designed to kill a guy in an thick-armor cant fly a bit further? Common.

Reality =/= Game Logic