Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

lol, because I find the "nerf" a positive thing and actually adding to the balance, I'm a, what'd you call it? a jelly?

Please, I own the Brakk and I felt it needed to be balanced.  This stuff happens and guess what, people are going to get upset.  But guess what else, it means that the Brakk won't be a weapon of necessity, but rather a weapon of choice.  Players will run with it because they WANT to, not because it's simply the best, which also shuns out those who weren't able to receive one from the event.

I've learned to not waste forma on weapons until I'm absolutely certain I want to.  Especially with this major change in the way weapons work, I'd be an idiot to forma something that could drastically have an effect on how it'll perform in the future (better or worse).  Forma's are irreversible changes to the weapon.  People understand that and as such, take that risk when applying them.

Well considering your post about how "OP" Brakk deserved that nerf, you also should scream for a "OP" Ignis nerf.

Thats all what im trying to say.

Weapon of "necessity".. well the problem here is clearly other weapons wont get better, just because one weapon gets nerfed. And you are supporting this logic?

Edited by Derethevil

The statline on my Brakk now reads like this:

987.8 Impact

343.0 Puncture

411.6 Slash

548.8 Cold

Very interested to see how it performs against shielded Corpus...

Update: I have concluded that using the Brakk is very disrespectful to space merchants. The fall off definitely changes the gun and I'm a little bummed about that, but I understand the adjustment. It felt really good to have a secondary weapon that was incredibly powerful, but when a weapon is functionally better than anything else in your arsenal in every situation, it is probably unbalanced. When I got the Brakk, I lamented somewhat because I really like my Dual Vastos but could never really justify using them. Now I'll have a reason to change things up and be optimized for fighting different factions.

If people are going to complain about the change, remember to make the feedback actionable; Scott will actually read and respond to helpful criticism. Or, vent away, I guess. :D

Im thankfull for not wasting forma's on the brakk due to the falloff! I can handle the slant dmg but falloff was not needed.

My current Brakk is,

604.8 IMPACT

335.0 Puncture

604.8 Slash

1,612.8 BLAST

MODS are,

Deep Freeze (5) | Heated Charge (3) | Razor Shot (4) | Lethal Torrent (5)

Hornet Strike (10) | Empty | Stunning Speed (3) | Barrel Diffusion (5)

Still needs to fix the whole random "waiting for others players.." text that appears when you finish the mission and you can't do anything to close it, except force close the game. Its happened to me numerous times for no reason and I hope you fix it.

Well considering your post about how "OP" Brakk deserved that nerf, you also should scream for a "OP" Ignis nerf.

Ignis has a hard range limit, unlike shotguns that can still do some damage at medium and long range, it has ammo efficiency issues, a very low proc chance and is Clantech. It's a good weapon for sure, but by no means is it as OP as Brakk was.

Why the hell are you firing at long range to hit an enemy with a shotgun?   Also, the damage dropoff makes sense since if every shotgun didn't have it it'd make the shotguns greatly overpowered, plus the Brakk has somewhere around 15 pellets where the other shotguns have 10 or less, so I don't see why in logics sake the Brakk was immune to damage dropoff, and the bronco series DOES have damage dropoff, it's also less impacted on it, mostly because the broncos spread like crazy when you're not ironsighting, and even then they do have a dropoff, it's just not as extreme

Let me ask you one question. And please answer it honestly.

How many people you seeing all day in Warframe actually using a shotgun and tearing apparts hordes of enemies?

Tell me.

And now tell me again that over-the-top damage dropoff has a good reason.

If you would have read my post without trying to deny everything ive said before, you would know i already mentioned "dropoff" would be fine, but not as it is now, beause it's stupid to hit an enemy with 2 pellets that does not even scratch their shields.

You are trying to say a shotgun in reallife has also a dropoff? 

Well yeah it does indeed.

But not as crazed as it does in Warframe. 

Its a game not real life? Then why adding the dropoff in the first place? 

To add a bit realism?

Well Warframe plays in the future, where weapon especially designed to kill a man in huge armored suit.

So shouldnt a shotgun be able to shot with a bit mor power?

All weapons improved, except the shotguns?

So on what earth do you life, where 2 pellets that would inflict normal damage, like a Soma does with two shots, would break the game?

Or do you just dont want shotguns to be viable again?

Oh and just to get things right.

I dont want to be Brakk the standard how shotguns in Warframe should work.

But for gods sake. If you cant make the shotguns viable and made people actually happy about how the Brakk works, you shouldnt added it in the first place. Right now its just a huge slap in the face to see how a shotgun-fan again lost all his hope for a good shotgun in Warframe, that will be viable in the "end-game".

Brakk was that little thingy, that made you fell how a proper shotgun could work.

(Dont start about how the Brakk had no dropoff. You couldnt kill a ancient form 50 meters away without using like 6 clips, because of the spread)

Edited by Derethevil

Can someone please tell me what happened to the health of my frames?  They dropped significantly after this update.  All my frames have around 100 health now at level 30.  Even after adding vitality at 320% they only get to 165.. Something seriously screwed up.

Can someone please tell me what happened to the health of my frames?  They dropped significantly after this update.  All my frames have around 100 health now at level 30.  Even after adding vitality at 320% they only get to 165.. Something seriously screwed up.

Did you forget to take off a dragon key?

And there goes over 100 Gradivus battles, straight down the toilet, thanks DE.

Guess that makes it pretty clear I needn't bother to strive for similar event weapon rewards in the future.

Edited by CenturyNitro

Aaaaaand... It's gone. First the pellet count nerf (which was ANNOYING AS HELL), and now dropoff damage.

Would you kindly care to make un-potatoed, un-formaed, un-overmodded weapons VIABLE someday?

I don't want to be FORCED to put a fuckton of crap into every single weapon to make it viable past venus.

Weapon of "necessity".. well the problem here is clearly other weapons wont get better, just because one weapon gets nerfed. And you are supporting this logic?

Personally, I haven't used the Ignis so I can't make accusations on how "OP" it is, but from what I've read elsewhere, it doesn't proc nearly as much as it could, it's a short range weapon that deals straight heat damage.  I wouldn't call that OP, but again, I don't use it very much so I can't exactly comment.  I was just referring to "nerf = balance, must be a jelly" is all.

Edit:

@ Undead_Zeratul  Holy cra*.... LOL!  Thank you!  I feel like such an idiot!

No problem!  I see that question asked a lot, figured that was it.

Edited by Undead_Zeratul

Ignis has a hard range limit, unlike shotguns that can still do some damage at medium and long range, it has ammo efficiency issues, a very low proc chance and is Clantech. It's a good weapon for sure, but by no means is it as OP as Brakk was.

Yeah ive ran into rooms everyday with my Brakk, mindlessy spamming into one direction and kill the whole room with it.

See i dont say the Ignis is OP. Im happy the way it works. I hate nerfs, because they wont make other things viable, just because of it.

And if you compare it like this.

Ignis: Run into a room. Shoot into one direction, without aiming anywhere. Kill everything.

Brakk: Aim into one direction, shoot a few clips, kill everything in that direction.

So by that logic, where is the difference between the Brakk and the Ignis?

Aaaaaand... It's gone. First the pellet count nerf (which was ANNOYING AS HELL), and now dropoff damage.

Would you kindly care to make un-potatoed, un-formaed, un-overmodded weapons VIABLE someday?

I don't want to be FORCED to put a fuckton of crap into every single weapon to make it viable past venus.

So true :/

- Brakk change:

Damage slanted towards impact damage.

Little more spread added.

Fall off added (10-20m)

NOOOOOOOOO!

- Fixed issue where Mod grid would refresh if a mod was unselected (making fusing mods frustrating)

Yes!

- Fixed issue where Valkyr’s Hysteria added a level 30 Furax to Arsenal on mission complete.

...what?

wow, nerfs, nerfs, nerfs everywhere

you want to balance the game DE?make a separate client for your patches pls. don't just outright nerf and buff frames and guns to your own liking,

damage 2.0 was already a hard enough adjustment coz it was buggy as hell.

post all the changes/planned changes you want to make, ask for feedback from the community, and just pls focus on fixing unresolved issues with the game instead of releasing content and patches (that deals with a few issues but then comes with more bugs)

seriously DE, just pls. stop the nerfing and crashtest all your planned patches before deploying.

you guys are wasting the community's time and effort on forma'd guns and frames. 

>.<  Sorry can't hide my dissapointments....keeps adding up....something you worked hard to get, spent time leveling/modding/upgrading....just because somebody said its too OP for their liking (i bet most of them dont even have it) clamored for a nerf...here you go BRAKKKKKKK. (and of course many still remembers QT).

So, if u see something in game that others have and you don't, that you think overshadows your greatness....just shout it out here to be nerfed, Its proven effective.

Just a suggestion, maybe DE's should put out a list of things to be nerfed way ahead of Its implementation time so players will know what to expect and save some troubles (effort, time, dissapointment) or better yet don't release a freaking thing in-game that have good stats/specs and that is hard to obtain or event items only...can save you some troubles also 'cause there's nothing to be nerf by doing so.

I got a small idea. If people are able to get what they want (Brakk nerf) just because there are enough threads and shi*storms.. how about we start our own shi*tstorm so we can have our Brakk back?

Since DE just made that nerf because of those people, we also should be able to achieve this. Shall we?

vvxzrAh.jpg

Brakk overpowered? I guess people saying that don't play past lvl 30.

So, what secondary shall I use for T3 Void Def and survs?

Brakk wasn't overpowered, brakk was barely powered for end game .

Sniper shotgun? Wtf?! You couldn't snipe with a brakk, unless talking about lvl 10 mobs...but who the F*** cares about below lvl 30 anyways? Newbies, that's who.

This overdone nerf is a very stupid move. More spread+Impact orientation+ fall off @ 15meters?! lol wow piece of S#&$ weapon. Or are we to waste an aura slot for this stupid fast holstering mod?

IDEA: make weapon switching INSTANT at least because this game is fast, and we dont have time to switch weapon just to blow up some mob that's find its way right on our face .

About NERFING things, HOW ABOUT REWORKING/BUFFING some frames like..i don't know..Saryn?!

Nova/rhino VS saryn . Where's the balance?

Coming next: galatine nerf.

Edited by 3xStanh

I ain't mad about Brakk's nerf... yet... neither I am whining.

See, the thing is they've just adjusted the damage scaling between the three basic damage types. the scaling between impact, puncture and slash isn't really that bad, but of course that's my opinion...

The fall-off is bad... I'm not happy about the fall-off, probably because I was used to shooting with Brakk on long range. I'm using it to snipe mobs, especially when the spread was larger than before. I guess it's back on Face-Brakking for me. No more sniping and air-slide killing spree, too.

I'm OK with the damage scaling but please... please... remove the fall-off.

and Brakk is still better than Acrid, so still suck it, certain whiners. Brakk is still Pistol Master Race.

Edited by faustias