Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For The Karak!

VKhaun

karak is a really good gun, im kinda expecting nerfs.

it has better DPS that braton and bratonP. it has rank requirement of 0. it already has a V polarity as well. its spread is minuscle, making it quite accurate even at long ranges. in fact i think its one of the very few guns that can take a maxed heavy caliber and give no damns to the recoil.

it definitively should have a small upward pulling recoil to save its accurancy while making it feel like a AR, it should have rank mastery of 2 in the very least.

i got my 5-forma soma already of course but that doesnt means i suddenly dislike karak or that its just 10o fodder. comparing each other, karak has a good accurancy, has no slow spin up, good damage per bullet and can be modded easier that soma. karak is a better AR that soma, soma is a better LMG(gatling?) that karak.

but soma isn´t the top weapon as u say, there are many better weapons

Karak is a fun weapon like soma, grakata, snipetron , twin vipers etc. the difference is that the karak is good till lv 50-60 ( and one of my favourit weapons too, cause it makes amazing fun to play imo)

there is only one weapon which is better than soma. and this weapon is a sniper rifle

Gotta join the general opinion, the Karak is a great allround rifle.

It looks and sounds like the Warframe interpretation of an AK series rifle.

Also a refreshing sight after the horrible Hind design.

The 30 shot magazine feels more at home with how most assault rifles in shooter feel like, so going through magazines quicker than with Braton might take a while to get used to but is not really weird.

It's fairly accurate and has a fire speed that is not too slow (Braton Mk1 and Braton Prime) or too fast (Grakata) all mixed up with good damage across all stats with a small focus towards impact.

It's only downside being low crit and proc chance, but that only means it's more of a basic rifle.

Definetly a nice addition to the assault rifle arsenal of the game and a great alternative for starters to the Braton... oh god i hope they don't nerf it.

Karak Soma desperately needs more recoil, now it feels wrong, its big powerful gun and yet it feels like a water pistol

There you go. I fixed your sentence, because in the end, if you're not as good as the Soma, you're just handicapping yourself. So yeah, leave the folks to their wonderful new gun who want something with more style.

Plus, they can always fall back to a Galatine.

I must say I too am really loving this gun. I have a fairly decked out, Forma'd Soma I use, as well as the recent Penta. I don't expect it to outclass much of anything, but it is super fun to use and the sound it makes is amazing. It's also not completely hideous like some other guns.

Is there something borked about its damage?

I can't figure out why my unmodded Karak was doing 28 damage to the body and 56 damage to the head on Mercury.

I was like "errr what?"

probably because it's mostly Impact Damage. decent amounts of the other two, but still mostly Impact.

karak is a really good gun, im kinda expecting nerfs.

its spread is minuscle, making it quite accurate even at long ranges. in fact i think its one of the very few guns that can take a maxed heavy caliber and give no damns to the recoil.

it definitively should have a small upward pulling recoil to save its accurancy while making it feel like a AR, it should have rank mastery of 2 in the very least.

with only preliminary mods(or no mods), Karak already can miss a good number of bullets at medium range. i can see bullets going 25° or more off target.

if you hold down the trigger, of course.

Trigger Discipline making Karak a more effective longer ranged weapon is kind've a mainstay of shooters.

and the same factor can be applied to almost every gun in the game.

if you're firing a gun the correct way, and that allows you to hit enemies out to a further distance more accurately - i fail to see the problem with that.

there are many better weapons :D

if u only mean primaries then vectis, synapse, ogris, torid, penta and sometimes grakata

you know.... i would agree on old, good grakata. but ogris, torid, penta... no not really.

Vectis on the other hand is better in some situations. which are very rare.

sidenote: my Burston Prime will be ready in 1h40m. So i will give it a try. I like compact weapons like Braton and Burston. The only thing i don't like in Soma that its size. Too huge. As paddle you know?

^ to this - fire rate that depends on fps can be a huge minus to Burston. Especially on new sabotage mode unless they fix spawn points.

Edited by Althix

^ to this - fire rate that depends on fps can be a huge minus to Burston. Especially on new sabotage mode unless they fix spawn points.

oh, i'm not the only one?

good to know. i was highly confused too, i bought a new processor a couple days ago and those missions have been all i've been playing, haha.

and whenever someone starts the defense objective, dear god, the no framerate.

though, it's fine otherwise. so idk what's dungoofing that hard. there isn't even a room of 23952365 enemies like what happens in other tilesets that is normally what causes major performance drops. the enemies seem to navigate alright.

just weird.

needs a buff to damage or to crit chance.

No, because it has higher base damage than most guns of its type.

It is meant to be a no-frills pure-damage gun. It isn't a status weapon, and it isn't a crit weapon.

It IS, however, a very reliable and accurate gun that does high DPS without the need of critical hits/luck, or status procs/luck. It is designed that way on purpose, for those of us who don't like having to pray to RNG gods to give us crits. You want a crit gun, use the Soma.

i dont know if anyone noticed this, but upon seeing 

"thanks for the (ka-rak)" i immediately died from laughter.

but yeah, i like karak. its actually a great addition to the market.

now im just hoping my newly built braton prime gets some DE luv'n soon, make it feel worth all those T3 Defenses.

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

I built it at the same time as Burston Prime and I must say that Burston pretty much wipes the floor with Karak. But it's pretty good weapon nevertheless. It's versatile, relatively cheap and even new players can get to it. Good old reliable rifle.

I'm just not sure whether to invest in it. I doubt it will go well against high level enemies, even supercharged and forma'd.

Built one of these. Really like it! It is very much the Grineer version of a Kalashnikov. Been thrown around in grimy bins, dragged through mud, frozen under exotic ices, and used as a hammer far more times than any mechanical device should have to face, but it just keeps working when you need to kill somebody.  The DPS on it is really solid in a pinch, but when you combine the high accuaracy, low recoil, and painful ROF:mag size relationship, this is very much a precision weapon that must be aimed and controlled well.  Everybody says it's an upgraded Braton? I'm crazy enough to call it the automatic half-brother of the Latron.   And yes, Soma is a more powerful weapon once you get it all dolled up but Soma is also completely stupid and game-breaking.  If you want a nice rifle that isn't a dev-cheat, then Karak is worth a look.