Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

I will ignore forums complaints as most of them will be from people who can't zoren copter anymore :)

I dont get why people fear they cant Zoren-Copter cause of Melee 2.0, as far as i know you will still have the fast melee attacks as usual and the option to go full melee whit comboes and stuff.

If they cant Zoren-Copter is because DE finally got rip of it.

Iron skinned fatties?

First of all- gold skinned, you poor newfriend.

Seconds- does it hurt you so much that other people are playing the way they want?

I play mostly only with clanmates, do you enjoy grinding the same void maps over and over? I don't. Noone is. So let other people play the way is most fun for them.

No coptering? Yes, game is soo rich in content and RNG is almost non-existant so yeah... we're heading a good way!

Also- I'm coptering with Pangolin Sword. Get over it.

I don't actually see what the problem even is at this point.

Because there is no problem.

I'll be first to beg for removing this feature if DE make enough changes to gameplay, map design, loot distribution system so we won't have to grind for days and days and we'll have more reasons to play slow and enjoy maps.

zorencoptering needs to go. period.

the point is not that you can rush, its that you can break the game by rushing on slower frames and or not building for speed, while also negating any need to actually learn the movement system or think creatively 

if you want to be a rusher, then you should have to master the movement system, bring the right warframe, and build appropriately, not just carry a melee weapon

i never get this argument, what stops you from putting copters on a faster frame?

you want your slow &#! rhino "ninja" to move faster, give it a zoren

you want your volt to go supersanics? also give it a zoren, a volt with a zoren will go faster than a rhino with one.

zorencoptering is in fact something you CAN learn (there's a bunch of stuff you can do besides just Hurrspinattack to make zorencoptering more effective, and ZC is in fact the result of thinking creatively after someone noticed that hey, zorens make me go fast by doing a spinnie.

i don't know about you but for ninjas, every frame in this game is slow, to this day frost's speed still baffles me and i find it sad that the only way to go fast in a ninja game (besides partying with volt) is by glitching.

so adressing your final statement again:

if you want to be a rusher  - yes, let's say i do.

then you should have to master the movement system  - i did, it's currently called zoren coptering + other stuff

bring the right warframe  -  but of course, the effectiveness of coptering is dependant on your frame after all.

and build appropriately  -  if you truly want to rush, both your zorens AND warframe will be modded for that.

not just carry a melee weapon  -  real rushers don't just carry a zoren, slow &#! ninja frames that can't handle that much slow do.

I would love to see responses from DE on this topic, but IMHO I don't see really that much of a change to the overall game. The reason I say this is because this game from it's very beginning has always been gun based with melee being a tertiary after thought. As Warframe has grown it has become even more so with it's type of ballistic and energy based weapons become even more gun based. Even with all the hype from DE about how viable melee now will be with the advent of melee 2.0 the question becomes, "do I really want to close and engage those 10 enemies, when I can kill them from distance with one of many ballistic, blast or energy weapons with no danger to myself?" 

What should have happened from the very beginning is this game should have started out as a melee system game, though with a more futuristic, syfy style of play, maybe introducing slowly maybe like flintlock energy rifles with still keeping the retro style but still keeping it in the future. In this way guns become a second choice because of reload speeds and melee becomes the practical weapon of choice.

I don't doubt for some maybe many this system will be fun, but I think for a great many melee with still be used maybe to continue open crates and look cool on the hip or back, but as far as becoming a primary weapon you always carry I don't see that happening. One other thing that I forgot to mention, even if I was to get cornered by those same 10 enemies I probably still would not draw my melee weapon when I can hit my 4. So to answer my own question, no it will not. 

Nope, I don't think it will change warframe, but it will make Melee more fun and viable. Which is a step in the right direction and will tide us over untill the game gets an actual endgame (which hopefully WILL change warframe).

Edited by rapt0rman