Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

ok ... Tera has 50gb... too much just in order to try it :/

Er mah gerd... Lineage 2 has orcs.... can someone tell me about their experiences with that game? Most important, is it p2w?

Tera plays like Neverwinter, but with much $LU77ier characters and larger world instances. It not p2w, but it is rather grindy in terms of character progression.

It's good because fights are very twitch dependent, so dodging and timing is very important. It's bad because fights are very twitch dependent, so lag can kill your timing and make it impossible to dodge.

Edited by Ryme

Just read through the last posts on that APB:R thread.

I can't help but wonder if the vocal members of APB:R in that thread really do understand the glory that is red text...

Or that they do not comprehend a game having an active developer team that isn't afraid of getting their feet wet in the community (Not just the forums...Reddit too).

Quick numbers:

We are likely to win, and have ~10,000 votes in our current poll.

Good news: We next match up against another "wizard" class, which looks like it will be Airmech, whose winning their poll, with ~3,000 votes.

Bad news: After that, we end up against the winners of other contests, and Ragnarok Online has ~56,000 votes in their current contest.

Closing a gap of that size is going to be tough.

Quick numbers:

Good news: We next match up against another "wizard" class, which looks like it will be Airmech, whose winning their poll, with ~3,000 votes.

Bad news: After that, we end up against the winners of other contests, and Ragnarok Online has ~56,000 votes in their current contest.

RO wins because they are botting like no others.

They say that Mabinogi is botting too, but I wouldn't be too sure. Mabinogi also gets it's votes from other nexon players... I mean... c'mon... RO is pretty much dead.... I haven't heard of it in years, and now, all of a sudden they win all polls?

And the fact that mmobomb re-ran the poll mabinogi vs. ro only shows that their communities are either really dumb or desperate for attention.

Still - being among the top 4 would already be a great victory.

RO wins because they are botting like no others.

They say that Mabinogi is botting too, but I wouldn't be too sure. Mabinogi also gets it's votes from other nexon players... I mean... c'mon... RO is pretty much dead.... I haven't heard of it in years, and now, all of a sudden they win all polls?

And the fact that mmobomb re-ran the poll mabinogi vs. ro only shows that their communities are either really dumb or desperate for attention.

Still - being among the top 4 would already be a great victory.

Pretty sure both sides are confirmed to be cheating. Mabinogi is too ancient a game to have such a large, active following in the poll. Not to mention in the comments on the showdown page itself show both sides admitting to cheating. Edited by Ionus

Quick numbers:

Thing is, while we're voting for Warframe against anyone else who's matched up with it, it doesn't keep you or anyone else to vote on other matchups. For example, I voted Warframe against APB but I also voted AirMech against whatever it was paired with.

Your vote is exclusive only on the current matchup; 56k voters for Ragnarok Online Vs Mabinogi only means they prefered RO over Mabinogi; when it comes to (hopefully) Warframe Vs Ragnarok Online, it'll be up to the condensed number of votes to pick the one they prefer.

Some might prefer RO over Mabinogi but prefer Warframe over Ragnarok Online.

... Of course, that is if the votes were fair and equitable and people were not voting against one only to spite it in which case, well you can kiss a victory goodbye if one community decides to back Ragnarok Online not for it to win BUT only so Warframe would lose.

Edited by Wiegraf

Here the threads from the mabinogi forums - one even has > 250 pages. it's locked now, but it was sticky. No surprise they got so many votes... 250 pages, must be a huge playerbase.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1133197-Divisional-Semi-finals-Vote-for-Mabinogi-on-MMOBomb!-V2%2Fpage235%26nxid%3D10

and

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1135695-About-the-votes%2Fpage40%26nxid%3D10

geeze... the bright colors on their page are blinding me.

Burning_Vampire_aaronsimmscompany.jpg

WE WON!

BracketWizard-page0011.jpeg

and it's not 57:43 but 59:41

That means that 2% of their votes were rigged... which is lots of votes,

But apparently RO botted even harder, because, believe it or not, mabinogi won!

it was about 36 : 64 for RO, with over 55k votes... now mabinogi turns out to be winning.

Now THAT's a lot of fake votes.

RO must really be desperate for new players.

Edited by WEREsandrock

WE WON!

But apparently RO botted even harder, because, believe it or not, mabinogi won!

it was about 36 : 64 for RO, with over 55k votes... now mabinogi turns out to be winning.

Now THAT's a lot of fake votes.

RO must really be desperate for new players.

Well, it's pretty obvious that if MMObomb doesn't disqualify Mabinogi we're gonna lose to them... :\ and knowing MMObomb they're not gonna do it.

Guess Airmech will be up next for us.

Never heard of that game.

Airmech is really REALLY awesome to be honest, pretty revolutionary and it's not P2W at all...it's a mix of RTS, MOBA and bullet hell shooters...I really love that game, I had no doubt from the beginning that it's gonna be facing us at the end...I'm a bit sad to see it get destroyed :( but my faith stays with the Tenno on this one.

Well, it's pretty obvious that if MMObomb doesn't disqualify Mabinogi we're gonna lose to them... :\ and knowing MMObomb they're not gonna do it.

Of course they're gonna win against us - they got players from maplestory and vindictus (the last ones are still butthurt and want to see us lose) voting for them. APB players might do so as well, now that we've owned them.

The fight Warframe VS APB can be described with this gif:

pwned-prank.gif

Guess Airmech will be up next for us.

Never heard of that game.

me neither. And I'm more than surprised that this... transformers knock - off made it this far.

little do they know the 250 pages are actually a little more than a dozen players..

u dun say. I noticed by now.

----

heh... my 500th post... Seeker now. pfff... I'm mr 14 in game... what about that?

y u no respect mah mr.

Edited by WEREsandrock

Airmech is really REALLY awesome to be honest, pretty revolutionary and it's not P2W at all...it's a mix of RTS, MOBA and bullet hell shooters...I really love that game, I had no doubt from the beginning that it's gonna be facing us at the end...I'm a bit sad to see it get destroyed :( but my faith stays with the Tenno on this one.

Might have to check it out, in that case.

hm..just took a look at airmech, it reminds me of something I played when i was a teenager,  in some 7/11 back corner...very arcade. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily. 

Would have to download it to actually see if game play is any good.

Airmech does look really fun to play.  I think I'll check it out too.

It'll have to wait though if it is fun.  Still got Sengoku Rance to play.

Its basically an RTS... not a good RTS style, but an RTS (preferred Age of Empire style) Its basically build base, build point things, build your army, and then pick up tanks drop them off, throw orders off. While being a air vehicle that transforms into a robot, and back again as you capture multiple bases. Its not that exciting due to the lack of skill based play, and the real enjoyment that comes with having more options like in Age of Empire... (I used to love building random buildings, and force people to go through, or around mazes and stuff lol...)

Its basically an RTS... not a good RTS style, but an RTS (preferred Age of Empire style) Its basically build base, build point things, build your army, and then pick up tanks drop them off, throw orders off. While being a air vehicle that transforms into a robot, and back again as you capture multiple bases. Its not that exciting due to the lack of skill based play, and the real enjoyment that comes with having more options like in Age of Empire... (I used to love building random buildings, and force people to go through, or around mazes and stuff lol...)

Airmech is HIGHLY skill based actually, especially when it comes to multi-tasking that game just takes it to a whole new level...I've never felt so stressed when playing any other game in my 15 years of gaming, and if you're playing with 2 friends over voice chat it gets 10 times better...in both a good and a bad way, depending on how competent you are as a team and how quick you react, because in that game, not reaction to a blitz by an enemy can result in loss very quickly.