Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Vanguard Helmet Ruined Rhino

TheStag

Before you rage or flame, or do whatever you forumers do, please read this and understand the viewpoint I am taking.

The Vanguard Helmet ruined Rhino. It looks great, but the stats have ruined all that Rhino is. Rhino is supposed to be a slow moving, powerful, tank frame. I often see Rhino filling this role, and carrying the team. His powers are all useful for utility, team buffs, defense, damage, and mobility. His one drawback, based on his original design, was speed. Rhino was slow, until the Vanguard Helmet was created. This removed the one drawback that Rhino had. All frames have a weakness, whether it be speed, low health/shield stats, low energy, etc. Vanguard allows a Rhino to be almost the speed of a Loki, and Rhino Prime is even faster than the normal Rhino! This completely ruins Rhino how he should be, and basically creates the "best" class in the game. 

DE has stated that they plan to make new helmets without stats, but they may leave the stats on the first few helmets. This is a TERRIBLE idea in Rhino's case. Rhino would stay horribly unbalanced, and many Rhino players in the future would be very angry at the fact that they missed the Vanguard Helmet.

DE, in the name of balance, please remove the stats from ALL helmets when the time comes. Helmet stats ruined the balance in Rhino, and continue to disrupt other frames. A tank frame as fast as the weak guy is just wrong. Just imagine Heavy running around with Scout in TF2. Its just not right.

Edit: inb4 "Fast paced ninja game", "It is in the future in space, anything is possible", or "rhino fstr than me pls nerf"

This isn't a nerf thread. This is a plea for balance.

Edited by TheStag

they are removing all stat helmets and replacing them with statles but one thing comes to mind when reading the thread rhino fsster than me nerf pls And should they also disable rhino from using rush mod too?

Edited by Scandroid

they are removing all stat helmets and replacing them with statles but one thing comes to mind when reading the thread rhino fsster than me nerf pls

They are removing the stat helms, retiring them, but if you already had them, you will keep them, with an option to revert to statless.

Also, he's a 'Rhino'. Rhino's can run 60mph. It isn't all that far-fetched.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

Before you rage or flame, or do whatever you forumers do, please read this and understand the viewpoint I am taking.

The Vanguard Helmet ruined Rhino. It looks great, but the stats have ruined all that Rhino is. Rhino is supposed to be a slow moving, powerful, tank frame. I often see Rhino filling this role, and carrying the team. His powers are all useful for utility, team buffs, defense, damage, and mobility. His one drawback, based on his original design, was speed. Rhino was slow, until the Vanguard Helmet was created. This removed the one drawback that Rhino had. All frames have a weakness, whether it be speed, low health/shield stats, low energy, etc. Vanguard allows a Rhino to be almost the speed of a Loki, and Rhino Prime is even faster than the normal Rhino! This completely ruins Rhino how he should be, and basically creates the "best" class in the game. 

DE has stated that they plan to make new helmets without stats, but they may leave the stats on the first few helmets. This is a TERRIBLE idea in Rhino's case. Rhino would stay horribly unbalanced, and many Rhino players in the future would be very angry at the fact that they missed the Vanguard Helmet.

DE, in the name of balance, please remove the stats from ALL helmets when the time comes. Helmet stats ruined the balance in Rhino, and continue to disrupt other frames. A tank frame as fast as the weak guy is just wrong. Just imagine Heavy running around with Scout in TF2. Its just not right.

Edit: inb4 "Fast paced ninja game", "It is in the future in space, anything is possible", or "rhino fstr than me pls nerf"

This isn't a nerf thread. This is a plea for balance.

dont use the helmet then. not a hard concept.

They are removing the stat helms, retiring them, but if you already had them, you will keep them, with an option to revert to statless.

^Agree. real-life rhinos are tanky, vicious, strong and fast

Dude, I am trying to say that all frames should have at least one drawback in the name of balance. With Vanguard, Rhino has none. There is almost no reason to choose any other frame over Rhino if you have that helmet. >.>

However, I don't think anyone would remove the stats from this "Vanguard" helmet, since it makes him OP.

And yes, I totally agree with the first poster.

Rhino is OP. Frost is now weird, they change him every second week, and Trinity is the poor thing, the last frame they would ever think about (no Immortal skin, no new Ability icons, the current ones are Ctrl+C->Ctrl-V'd from Excalibur and Mag...or... those are copied from Trinity? Anyways, it's not unique sadly), etc.

Rhino is OP. Frost is now weird, they change him every second week, and Trinity is the poor thing, the last frame they would ever think about (no Immortal skin, no new Ability icons, the current ones are Ctrl+C->Ctrl-V'd from Excalibur and Mag...or... those are copied from Trinity? Anyways, it's not unique sadly), etc.

If DE will start giving their "love" to Trinity, you can forget about immortality. IS was nerfed, Snowglobe was nerfed, now it's time for Blessing.

^Agree. real-life rhinos are tanky, vicious, strong and fast

And fat.

rhino-2.jpg

Edit: And what about the rhino horn? Why doesn't Rhino have any? Why has Excalibur got Rhino's horn?

Edited by at35z

Dude, I am trying to say that all frames should have at least one drawback in the name of balance. With Vanguard, Rhino has none. There is almost no reason to choose any other frame over Rhino if you have that helmet.

i have a rhino. i also have the vanguard helm. and i haven't used either in months.

what is it with you people always saying "because of this reason there is no reason to use (insert random weapon/frame/power here) because there's no reason to use anything else.

know what i use? what ever is fun, and right now i get the most enjoyment out of zephyr, my akstiletto, my obex, and my phage.

Dude, I am trying to say that all frames should have at least one drawback in the name of balance. With Vanguard, Rhino has none. There is almost no reason to choose any other frame over Rhino if you have that helmet. >.>

Unless you want to use powers for more than just keep enemies suspended in midair or play pincushion for a battalion of troops :)

I have both Rhino P and Vanguard Helmet, yet I still play Loki, Zephyr, Vauban, ...and every other frame, depending on what I wanna do for that mission.

Edited by ScorpDK

i have a rhino. i also have the vanguard helm. and i haven't used either in months.

what is it with you people always saying "because of this reason there is no reason to use (insert random weapon/frame/power here) because there's no reason to use anything else.

know what i use? what ever is fun, and right now i get the most enjoyment out of zephyr, my akstiletto, my obex, and my phage.

Agree, Phage and Zephyr are soo much fun. <B-)

And here we are, let the whining begin!

Rhino is faster than me, he can outrun and kill me... Oh, wait, it's not a PvP game, the speed gives him no advantage over me!

Did you just hop in this thread and completely ignore the OP? Seriously. OP is asking for balance. Rhino's one weak point was his speed. Now he can turn that weakness into a STRENGTH (reg rhino=fourth fastest, RhiPri= Tied for fastest).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Did you just hop in this thread and completely ignore the OP? Seriously. OP is asking for balance. Rhino's one weak point was his speed. Now he can turn that weakness into a STRENGTH (reg rhino=fourth fastest, RhiPri= Tied for fastest).

rhino prime is expensive in one way or another(time investment/monetary investment) so he deserves the might, and with a helm that cost's money or an alert to attain (money/luck) that grants him that speed. i see no issue with this really save for pvp, so wait yea badlands are coming soon so maybe a slight nerf to rhino prime's base speed?

Yea unfortunately they are removing the stats, might as well remove all cosmetics period too Stag right? Like I said many times unless PvP becomes the new thing in this game why would it matter? This is a PvE game with COOP interface.

The speedy Rhino thing is what seems to be ticking the fan base off so to solve your issue maybe replace speed for higher armor to be more in the line of a offensive tanker. Sometimes removing things isnt the solution in this situation, regardless this is my view on the subject.

and ember, exca, frost and mag prime don't deserve anything right? i can tell you why, there's favoritism involved on DEs side.

they ALL deserve the might, be it in one form or another. so as i said earlier, maybe a slight nerf to rhino prime's speed?