Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey [De]... Could You Tone Down The Eximus Scans? (Suggestions Included)

Xandis

Ever since the beginning of Update 13, Eximus scans are through the roof! And considering now that there's almost an Eximus for each unit, AND some of each variant (Arid/Frontier), I don't think most people will ever complete their Codex in a while. Completionists will get this feeling.

Just think, if finding enough 30 Electric Crawlers was bad enough, 30 RARER Eximus units might take the next eternity to scan. Oh and also, there are Eximus variants of each Crawler (Nauseous, Toxic, etc.), which take 30 scans each. That's a total of 150 scans for enemies that rarely spawn, have minuscule health, somewhat hard to see in a crowd, and could be potentially killed by your sentinel in a millisecond should it get the chance.

-----

Possible solutions as gathered from this topic:

1. Reduce the number of Codex scans required for each Eximus unit. 3 - 5 scans would be acceptable enough, since they're one of the more tougher and rarer enemies, like heavy units or bosses.

2. Increase the rate of which Eximus and rare units, like Crawlers, spawn during a mission. Current spawn rates are about one Eximus every two minutes. Perhaps higher levels spawn Eximus more frequently?

3. Give a small reward/bonus for completing a scan of a unit. Some suggest a combat bonus or a mod/resource drop rate increase. Completed scans giving Mastery points doesn't seem too far off, considering how starchart nodes give them as well.

4. Condense the Eximus scans into separate groups depending on the type. e.g. Arson, Arctic, etc. Scans, regardless of faction, would count towards that class of Eximus.

5. Make each enemy require only ONE scan, but make the Codex Scanner a reusable but expensive gear.

6. A combination of the suggestions above.

Some Related Codex Suggestions:

1. Increase the speed at which the Scanner scans an enemy.

2. Allow the Scanner to scan an area instead of having to lock-on to a single unit.

3. Give a reward for finishing Codex entries, even a cosmetic badge would do.

Edited by Xandis

I seriously laughed when I saw the Eximus enemies being added to the Codex for scanning... :D

I imagine scanning 30 Eximus Electric or Nauseous Crawlers... \o/

Not wasting my time with them... Even getting 5 of them would be a pain... but 30? So not worth it.

"You keep nasty Pokemons" :D

Edited by MeduSalem

I am a completionist myself and when I saw the new list of Eximus enemies I had to scan I was cringing for like, an hour.

3 - 5 scans is more than enough for each Eximus.

Edited by juel2910

I would do it, if there was any sort of secret lore you would learn from scanning them.

Either that or a serious combat advantage... which bridges the gap as long as newcomers don't have all the mods yet.

Something that could be of use to Veterans too with neglible effect the more you scanned a particular enemy, or the more you're advanced in Mastery level.

Probably that's been suggested a hundred times already anyways... at least the lore thing.

Edited by MeduSalem

I am a completionist myself and when I saw the new list of Eximus enemies I had to scan I was cringing for like, an hour.

Indeed, I felt a lot of despair (Not you Stalker) once I saw how many black silhouettes there were.

I would do it, if there was any sort of secret lore you would learn from scanning them.

Maybe, though that's a ton of lore for each unit.

Either that or a serious combat advantage... which bridges the gap as long as newcomers don't have all the mods yet.

Something that could be of use to Veterans too with neglible effect the more you scanned a particular enemy, or the more you're advanced in Mastery level.

Probably that's been suggested a hundred times already anyways... at least the lore thing.

Combat buff would be nice, maybe an extra boost to mod/resource drop rate? Could help newbies just as well when searching for the better mods.

eximus mobs...I run into 4 or 5 of them every run. If you look at the codex you'll perhaps notice that they are cumulative...or at least it looks that way to me, I photo a fire one it counts to all of that type, meaning if its a arid fire eximus it also counts to the frost and  leech eximus as well. I suppose it depends on how fast you want to run through a map, if you wait on spawns and use a little time its actually quite simple to get it.

I've completed a few of the scans already. The secret bonus was nice.

Yeah, I agree with you. In my opinion it should stay as it is now - not only will we have more to do for a longer period of time but the bonus also makes up for the wait and all the work.

Perhaps they could go about Eximus scanning differently. Like if you scan 20-30 of the same Eximus type, regardless of their faction or what unit it is, it adds a page to every unit that can spawn as that leader to their page.

ie) You scan a bunch of Arson Eximus leaders (again faction and unit type doesn't matter) and now you can view the Arson Eximus stats for every enemy that can spawn as one by visiting their individual pages.

Hard to describe, but it would certainly be a lot easier than having to hunt down an Eximus version of every single enemy in the game, let alone doing it 20 times.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Perhaps they could go about Eximus scanning differently. Like if you scan 20-30 of the same Eximus type, regardless of their faction, it adds a page to every unit that can spawn as that leader to their page.

ie) You scan a bunch of Arson Eximus leaders (again faction doesn't matter) and now you can view the Arson Eximus stats for every enemy that can spawn as one by visiting their individual pages.

Hard to describe, but it would certainly be a lot easier than having to hunt down an Eximus version of every single enemy in the game, let alone doing it 20 times.

That's actually not that bad of an idea. There are only around six Eximus groups (Ten if you wan to get technical with the Infested versions), so scanning would be cut down immensely.

Just think, if finding enough 30 Electric Crawlers was bad enough, 30 RARER Eximus units might take the next eternity to scan. Oh and also, there are Eximus variants of each Crawler, which take 30 scans each. That's a total of 150 scans for enemies that rarely spawn, have minuscule health, somewhat hard to see in a crowd, and could be potentially killed by your sentinel in a millisecond should it get the chance.

That's wrong actually. You only need 30 Electric Crawler Eximus scans. Even if all 30 of the Electric Crawler Eximus you've scanned are say, Parasitic, you'd still automatically get the Caustic and Venomous variations in the Codex. Eximus are grouped by their Unit Type, not their Eximus Type.

I know this because I've completed the Elite Lancer Eximus codex entry, and having kept track of my progress I needed only 20 scans to get all three versions: Arson, Arctic and Leech.

Edited by LGear