Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey [De]... Could You Tone Down The Eximus Scans? (Suggestions Included)

Xandis

That's wrong actually. You only need 30 Electric Crawler Eximus scans. Even if all 30 of the Electric Crawler Eximus you've scanned are say, Parasitic, you'd still automatically get the Caustic and Venomous variations in the Codex. Eximus are grouped by their Unit Type, not their Eximus Type.

I know this because I've completed the Elite Lancer Eximus codex entry, and having kept track of my progress I needed only 20 scans to get all three versions: Arson, Arctic and Leech.

Maybe I should of reworded that, I really meant how there were 5 different Crawler types (Regular, Nauseous, Toxic, Lobber, and Electric) and each had their own Eximus variant.

Did a bit more researching on Eximus types. Turns out there are 7 types of leaders (As of so far that I know of): 

Arctic

Arson/Caustic (Infested)

Leech/Sanguine (Infested)

Energy Leech/Parasitic (Infested)

Venomous (Infested only)

Shock (Corpus only)

Guardian (Corpus only)

Blitz (Corpus only)

Following Paradoxbomb's suggestion, that would only take 140-210 scans (20-30 scans per type) which isn't that bad considering the current total (IT'S OVER 9000!)

When I first saw this topic I was like "What the hell is an 'Eximus?'" then I went to the wiki and they are just the Leaders. Is there a reason they were given a random new name?

It fits the style of the game. I believe it's either Latin or Greek.

Wait, what? Did I miss something?

What's an Eximus?

When I first saw this topic I was like "What the hell is an 'Eximus?'" then I went to the wiki and they are just the Leaders. Is there a reason they were given a random new name?

That's an eximus.

The issue with eximus scans is that they cost the same amount as their normal counterparts: ancient eximi (if that's the right plural form) need 5 scans (or was it 3? i forgot), but crewmen eximi need 30.

I seriously laughed when I saw the Eximus enemies being added to the Codex for scanning... :D

I imagine scanning 30 Eximus Electric or Nauseous Crawlers... \o/

Not wasting my time with them... Even getting 5 of them would be a pain... but 30? So not worth it.

"You keep nasty Pokemons" :D

What's a nauseous crawler?

DE new answer to their players seems lets make thing as near impossible  as we can , see the rework of trin coming 

The whole codex feels like a unrealized promise - that people are doing it for when it will matter , it's hard to do now and frustrating , plus what with the unranked codex scanner and the new omost 2x time req to scan.  It has make me not care and not try . 

Edited by Ravel7

I like the high values as its makes it a challenge in a fun way. 

I find it fun when I spot an Eximus 1-2 a map to get a scan rather then scanning the first 30 Grineer Lancers I see. 

It does not give much and they are not farm-able anyway so drop table is not so important on these. 

I wish codex scanning was more useful, aside from giving you a list of stats, drops, and vulnerabilities for a given enemy in the actual codex.

I like the high values as its makes it a challenge in a fun way. 

I don't think your definitions of "challenge" and "fun" are the same as mine. I find the idea of having to scan very rare enemies a large number of times just so you can figure what they drop and what their specific weaknesses are to be extremely tedious and frustrating.

It doesn't help that scanning is problematic in a pitched fight anyway - especially when you have lots of enemies moving around and the scanner is so slow to focus.

30 scan each for Lobber Crawler, Electric Crawler, Toxic Crawler (Alerts Only,) and Nauseous Crawlers (Alerts Only,) Eximi are completely reasonable. Oh and the normale Eviscerator Eximus doesn't exist in the game anywhere. Nothing wrong here. Move along.

I've actually met one (I repeat, ONE) Evicerator Eximus during an Invasion. He was an Arctic Eximus, and was pretty near death and would have probably died if I had not reaching him in time. Regardless, that was my only encounter with a Evicerator leader. And it'll probably be my one and only.

30 scan each for Lobber Crawler, Electric Crawler, Toxic Crawler (Alerts Only,) and Nauseous Crawlers (Alerts Only,) Eximi are completely reasonable. Oh and the normale Eviscerator Eximus doesn't exist in the game anywhere. Nothing wrong here. Move along.

I find them all the time on Cropus vs Grineer invasion missions. You will want to play solo so that rushers don't just kill them all first.

Went Eximus hunting for a while. Here's some tips for finding them:

-Gaia, Earth is a fairly well know place that has TONS of Frontier Eximi, just be sure to scan them and not kill them. Trust me, it happens often. Especially when playing online.

-This place can also spawn Shield Lancers, Ballistas, and Bombard Eximi, but they spawn a bit more rarely.

-Sharpless, Phobos is a great place for all kinds of Arid Eximi, except the Butchers.

-Butchers can be found on Hall, Phobos. This mission can also spawn a few Ballistas, so keep an eye out.

-Any Dark Sector Defense is decent for finding Infested Eximi, though they may be difficult to scan due to their habit of crowding and running everywhere.

-Still looking for good Corpus places, but Invasion missions usually have at least one Eximus spawning about halfway through.

Very close to finding all the Eximi, just missing regular Lancer, regular Butcher, Detron Crewman, Sniper Crewman, Railgun MOA, Anti MOA, Toxic Ancient, and, of course, the other four impossible-to-find Crawler Eximus logs.

More Eximus stuff.

-Elara, Jupiter can spawn Anti MOA, Detron Crewman, and Prod Crewman Eximi fairly often. Keep an eye out for Guardian/Blitz leaders since they lack an aura.

-Alert missions can spawn rarer enemies like Leech/Mine Ospreys on Corpus missions, and most Ancients on Infested.

-Kiste, Ceres can spawn some high-level Grineer Eximus, like regular Troopers and Seekers. Get there quick, the Corpus might start invading it soon.

Welp, if anyone is still interested, the current Quantum Nova alert spawns Nauseous Crawlers pretty often. I even found an Eximus version! What luck!

Alert ends about 40min as I post this

Edited by Xandis

no. let's fix it the right way.

make those nearly non-existent Enemy Types ACTUALLY APPEAR. 

we lack Enemy Diversity as it is, certain Enemy Types shouldn't spawn like, once per long Defense mission. no. they should be a mix in with the rest of the standard units.

that is the fix. 

tweaking the Codex doesn't address the actual problem.

no. let's fix it the right way.

make those nearly non-existent Enemy Types ACTUALLY APPEAR. 

we lack Enemy Diversity as it is, certain Enemy Types shouldn't spawn like, once per long Defense mission. no. they should be a mix in with the rest of the standard units.

that is the fix. 

tweaking the Codex doesn't address the actual problem.

Based on all my Eximus searches, they tend to spawn every 2 minutes, which isn't that bad. But then again, it's just one out of all the possible enemies that could spawn on the current mission. Like you said, more varying enemy types need to appear in all missions. Nauseous and Toxic Crawlers are limited to Alerts, while Lobbers seem to be locked to the higher waves of ODD.