Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Any thought given to making Frost's Snow Globe move with him (at some indeterminate future date, of course)?

Nope, that sounds like a giant OP Iron Skin except it's a globe that protects more then one stuff.

Oh man those Ash changes... How many of us ash players really wanted another press 4 to kill bunch of people ability...?

Why can't it be transformed into something more aggressive and interactive.

Why can't bladestorm transform ash into shadowy form where you could CHOOSE you targets by clicking and then dashing to them and slicing them as a dark smoke cloud. Give it a codex scanner like vision and voila! There you have it, fun and fast paced ash with unique ult promoting fast reflexes. And after 2 seconds of not attacking the ult should disable by itself, so you could go for example revive your teammates etc.

Man, actually she is the only way to bring you there, just because she removes any damage you could eventually take...

Do you feel like you have any honor winning this way ?

We've been asking for difficulty in this game. Removing the perma-invul was a necessity.

It takes a hell of a lot more than blessing to get 4 people to wave 80 or 80+ minutes!!

Trinity isn't essential of course but I enjoy playing her and IMO it does take skill to use her properly... The window you have to ensure your entire team stays alive is minute after 40 minutes of play...

Can you imagine the uproar (excuse the pun) if they made Iron Skin a duration ability? I'd say there are 10000x more players using Rhino regularly over Trinity! I never see another Trinity in daily play so people complaining about Blessing can't be in great numbers!!

Edited by (PS4)PhantomZod

Great work!!! I like the directions the skills are heading, here are some changes i´d like to see in addition:

Excalibur:

Slash Dash:

Buffed base damage to 700 Slash Damage; Forced Bleed proc; Increases the Melee hit-Counter by 1 per Enemy hit.

Super Jump:

Changed to "Super Charge"- Energy Cost increased to 75E - Duration ~12seconds 

Increased sprint speed by 10% 

Increased jump Height (works passively now, a little toned down in total height)

Increased Staminapool by 100%

Increased Staminaregen by 75%

Channeling efficency increased by ~50%

*Excalibur is in a permanent channeling state while this Ability is active

note*: This will keep Super Jumps mobility usage alive and greatly inceases Excal´s overall combat/melle potential and it fits better in his Theme as a Frame based on Sword attacks!

Radial Javelin: Added an additional Shockwave in a small radius around Excal upon castin for 600 Blastdamage, Enemys hit by the shockwave are Ragdolled; Forced random physical Proc on the Javelins!!!

I rly like the ideea whit Super Charge but i think it will work better  soo i recomand :

Increased speed sprint speed 10% 

Increased  attak speed speed 10%

Imune to stuns and knock down effects 

Incraesed  jump 

Cost 35 Energy 

And abaut Radial Javelin: i think he needs just punch through.

I say all this because i play Excalibur as a main warframe and i rly think that he need it after all hes a swordsman soo let him swing his sword.

I rly hope that Excalibur will get some love .

I'd like to ask about Frost's avalanche, as I've heard DE was planning to look into the overextended bug back in February(?) and that they were thinking of actually reimplementing it so that there would be a few seconds for enemies to be frozen so Frost could properly react to the situation during that amount of time

Wait, forced bleed proc on Bladestorm ? if i remember, bleed deal 7 ticks at 35% of base damage in 6 seconds (so 245% base dmg). Does that mean the Bladestorm's bleed proc while deal 4900 additional base bleed dmg (245% of 2000) to each enemy that is hit ? And if that scale with power strengh, on a max strengh build, would that make 4580 dmg on initial hit then another 1603 bleed dmg/sec for 6sec(7 ticks) for a total of 15801 dmg over 6sec with the possibility of the enemy being retargeted for additionals 4580 dmgs and the bleed proc being refreshed ?

If that's the case : WOW, that's some massive damage right here ! xD

Not a fan of the Blessing change.  IMO it needs a nerf, just not that one.  Personally, I'd have gone with a flat 3 second invulnerability duration that can't be increased with mods to give players a chance to play preemptively against a single incoming heavy attack.  Then have the planned damage reduction apply.

Not a fan of Volt's shield change...  Still hoping for a floating shield.

That said...

HOLY CRAP TOGGLES!

Huuuh. the Trin change/nerf is going too far... so basically, if you're a bad player you'll be 90% invincible at all times and if you're good you'll just keep on dying because you only have 10% dmg reduc (talking about high lvl games obviously)?

Did you think this through seriously? Trinity won't be a support anymore, she'll be a baby sitter for careless players.

Adding range on blessing would have been sufficient . Same range as Molecular prime or, even, radial disarm, with the same extension potential given by mods.

And if you wanted to nerf link suicide trin, you should simply makes her link not account for self dealt dmg...

Edited by 3xStanh

You know what would have a better fix for Trinity's blessing? The range, and maybe some duration to make you spam it more and be more careful, just that. You know, at higher lvl the enemies one shot you and somehow Trinity fixed that. Eventually, I suppose, you will keep adding enemies, planets, high lv content here and there but... how to deal against scaling lv and damage with the same outdated Warframes or weapons? This forces to you to leave endless defences or survivals at some stages because in the end, the only method to do damage is playing aggresively because you barely do damage and if you don't do it in a steady way, enemies keep coming out but you have to run to save your &#! and you're pretty screwed up.

I'm not complaining about Trinity but the enemies where you receive one shot and it's all and you can't even tank one hit.

Greetings Tenno,

We’ve got an Update coming ‘just around the corner’ on PC that includes balance changes to several Warframes. We have talked about this for a while on our Streams, and this post will give a look at what kind of changes are coming.

Here are the details at what what changes dev has in mind for each Trinity, Banshee, Nyx, Volt, Hydroid, and later Ash, and as always keep in mind that the following list is still subject to change.

Trinity:

-Blessing:  Damage immunity is now based on the percentage of health healed (ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity).  This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

Trinity by design was never meant to have such an aggressive means of invincibility, and this fix should bring Blessing’s use back in line with our original intent.  Spamming it at full health will now have no benefit.

This is such a terrilbe idea, it seems it was designed by Greg Street.

I like only constructive criticism, so I will explain why. I would like to start pointing that trinity is one of the least used warframe. This is because trinity has no way to respond vs a huge wave of enemies. Every single other warframe can either destroy a hole huge wave or scape with a skill. Trinity can´t do either, so it depends only on blessing to keep alive.

With this update oberon totally outclases trinity. The whole thing behind oberon was that he wasn't able to support as well as trinity, but had a great offensive potential. With this changes oberon will bring better support offensive and defensively compared with trinity.

Doing this change you'll make trinity only use blessing if partners are playing reckless, thus punishing good players and rewarding bad ones.

Your hole explanation about how rewarding trinity players that keep track of partners life is wrong. The reward of a good trinity is that your friends do not die. Currently if you don't keep track of their life they would die, but if you do, you'll keep them alive. With the new update, you can use blessing to save a 3% warframe, and after a second a warframe with 99% get shotted down, since he received no bonuses.

Basically here is a simple comparison of how will this affect trinity:

BEFORE CHANGE:

Pros:

- If used correctly, can keep an entire team alive, even on high level waves when enemies can easily oneshot you.

Cons:

- No wave clear.

- No scape method.

- No repositioning.

- Can't affect the battle field.

- Requires to keep track of field and warframe health bars to be able to be used efectively.

- Outclassed by any other warframe offensively. 0 offensive powers.

AFTER THIS CHANGE:

Pros:

- ¿¿??None. Even energy vampire is outclassed by nekros desecrate.

Cons:

- No wave clear.

- No scape method.

- No repositioning.

- Requires luck to be used sort of effectively.

- Outclassed by any other warframe offensively. Outclassed by oberon and nekros defensively

If you think that I am wrong, just check about how much is trinity used. I've seen at most 10 trinity on an year of play. And I've played a lot, 350 hours or so, I'm almost rank 14.

You'll probably not receive a lot of complains about this change, because trinity is not being used. I understand that immortality for an entire team for several seconds may look overpowered, but this is not even a nerf, this making trinity useless. There where dozens of ways to fix this, for example giving only 75% damage reduction only, or duration decreased if warframes where at full HP, or a range limiter. Instead you removed invulnerability out of the way, which was the only trinity skill that actually made her worth of using.

Not only this, but you've made all forma's, time and mods that people actually could've invested on trinity and made it useless. Narrow minded is now useless on trinity, as other mods will be.

As you have rendered my favourite warframe useless, I won't buy any further platinum, until you reconsider this ridiculous change to blessing.

Edited by Agua

Trinity is now a dead frame to me.

you can't heal reasonnably in Warframe because when you really begin to take damages it's near the time you get one shot by everything and you can't react to heal a dead man... You can't foresee the incoming damages of a 10 k damages rocket from a level 96 Bombard, what can you heal ?

It's not a classic MMO where your HPs are evolving because you'll keep a tiny pool of HPs that will never scale with mobs damages.

With your new blessing design you'll be able (sometimes and with luck) to heal and BTW give more resistance to already solid frames (Valkyr, Rhino, frost...) but the frail frame will always be dead on the spot... And added to that, that the time you'll monitor, the time you'll cast (even with Natural Talent), it's near impossible to react efficiently especially if you're involved yourself as a trinity in a fight.

I speak here for the high level gameplay (level 60+ mobs) because on the normal starmap there was and there'll be no (real) need for a Trinity.

Trinity will then, be more usefull where a healer is not really needed, and near useless when it's really needed.

I read this post today:

This is such a terrible idea, it seems it was designed by Greg Street.

I like only constructive criticism, so I will explain why. I would like to start pointing that trinity is one of the least used warframe. This is because trinity has no way to respond vs a huge wave of enemies. Every single other warframe can either destroy a hole huge wave or scape with a skill. Trinity can´t do either, so it depends only on blessing to keep alive.

With this update oberon totally outclases trinity. The whole thing behind oberon was that he wasn't able to support as well as trinity, but had a great offensive potential. With this changes oberon will bring better support offensive and defensively compared with trinity.

Doing this change you'll make trinity only use blessing if partners are playing reckless, thus punishing good players and rewarding bad ones.

Your hole explanation about how rewarding trinity players that keep track of partners life is wrong. The reward of a good trinity is that your friends do not die. Currently if you don't keep track of their life they would die, but if you do, you'll keep them alive. With the new update, you can use blessing to save a 3% warframe, and after a second a warframe with 99% get shotted down, since he received no bonuses.

Basically here is a simple comparison of how will this affect trinity:

BEFORE CHANGE:

Pros:

- If used correctly, can keep an entire team alive, even on high level waves when enemies can easily oneshot you.

Cons:

- No wave clear.

- No scape method.

- No repositioning.

- Requires to keep track of field and warframe health bars to be able to be used efectively.

- Outclassed by any other warframe offensively. 0 offensive powers.

AFTER THIS CHANGE:

Pros:

- ¿¿??None. Even energy vampire is outclassed by nekros desecrate.

Cons:

- No wave clear.

- No scape method.

- No repositioning.

- Requires luck to be used sort of effectively.

- Outclassed by any other warframe offensively. Outclassed by oberon and nekros defensively

If you think that I am wrong, just check about how much is trinity used. I've seen at most 10 trinity on an year of play. And I've played a lot, 350 hours or so, I'm almost rank 14.

You'll probably not receive a lot of complains about this change, because trinity is not being used. I understand that immortality for an entire team for several seconds may look overpowered, but this is not even a nerf, this making trinity useless. There where dozens of ways to fix this, for example giving only 75% damage reduction only, or duration decreased if warframes where at full HP, or a range limiter. Instead you removed invulnerability out of the way, which was the only trinity skill that actually made her worth of using.

Not only this, but you've made all forma's, time and mods that people actually could've invested on trinity and made it useless. Narrow minded is now useless on trinity, as other mods will be.

As you have rendered my favourite warframe useless, I won't buy any further platinum, until you reconsider this ridiculous change to blessing.

I hope you're not serious.

Trinity is now a dead frame to me.

you can't heal reasonnably in Warframe because when you really begin to take damages it's near the time you get one shot by everything and you can't react to heal a dead man... You can't foresee the incoming damages of a 10 k damages rocket from a level 96 Bombard, what can you heal ?

It's not a classic MMO where your HPs are evolving because you'll keep a tiny pool of HPs that will never scale with mobs damages.

With your new blessing design you'll be able (sometimes and with luck) to heal and BTW give more resistance to already solid frames (Valkyr, Rhino, frost...) but the frail frame will always be dead on the spot... And added to that, that the time you'll monitor, the time you'll cast (even with Natural Talent), it's near impossible to react efficiently especially if you're involved yourself as a trinity in a fight.

I speak here for the high level gameplay (level 60+ mobs) because on the normal starmap there was and there'll be no (real) need for a Trinity.

Trinity will then, be more usefull where a healer is not really needed, and near useless when it's really needed.

The only way to play now to me (lv 110+) is to use a Nyx, pressing 3 and let them kill themselves. If you take a hit, you die. This fixes that.