Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes

[DE]Rebecca

I'm sure it's been raised, but what if Blessing was togglable?

Like...

"Blessing"

Toggle Skill:

Cost: 25en/sec

Effect per Second:
   Team -20% / -40% / -60% / -80% Damage Taken.

Team 5% / 10% / 15% / 20%  Health Recovered

EITHER above or D.E. needs to make low HP bars flash in U.I. 2.0.

Players that fall, tend to fall FAST.

And players that fall in the middle of a big room have just screwed the team.

trinity_balancing_514.png

Edited by holyicon

Trinity:

-Blessing:  Damage immunity is now based on the percentage of health healed (ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity).  This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

Trinity by design was never meant to have such an aggressive means of invincibility, and this fix should bring Blessing’s use back in line with our original intent.  Spamming it at full health will now have no benefit.

Ash - (coming around a few more corners, likely to follow the rest of the above changes at a later week):

-Teleport: Enemies are now open to finishers when teleported to, giving it more aggressive utility in order to make Teleport more appealing for use in combat.

My only issues are...

Trinity:

Blessing - The main problem I see with this change is the casting time of blessing: shields and health drop very fast when a player is in trouble, if a trinity waits for a player to be low on health to try and give him resistance most of the time that player will die before blessing's casting animation is over. Also would be nice if the resistance carries over to the whole team, for example: one player recovers enough health for 90% invulnerability and so the whole team gains 90% invulnerability.

I still think it would be best to just fuse link and blessing. Make blessing give resistance to all the players with the same formula of link and replace link with something else, like a power to heal downed players more easily.

Ash:

Teleport - it's a cool change, but not what we want. We have asked for ages to make teleport free-aiming and to remove that short flip because it leaves you open to extra damage.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Great changes D.E., they look like great changes...I'd perhaps get Banshee & play Ash more. :)

However I won't give my final opinion on these until I see it in action, and used & abused during random online missions.

You should also take a look at Nekros & Oberon, because  the first one is only used for one ability atm :desecrate (that is very sad,because being the Grim Reaper is meant to be frightening & beyond powerful) and the second one has good powers that should have more potential(the first & second one may add more tactics, but the damage dealt feel weak)

Better AI for Shadow of the dead(more spawned units, with a more horrific look),a wider range for terrify(Death itself is in front of you! :o), soul punch affecting  adding souls to shadow of the dead if it kills its victim)...

Glad you're making laid back frames more powerful & useful, and not just nerfing the top-tier ones.

Additionnal welcomed changes :

- Valkyr hysteria animations & melee 2.0

- Hydroid's undertow movable without leaving it but still toggleabel(just a little,it could give a great stealth approach) and better damage for it

- Excalibur's slash dash counting during a combo

- Snowglobe usable like the ice units,or stay to a strategic point

- Prime frames having slightly different abilities than their normal counterparts (in stats & in visuals)

- Zephyr's number 2 having something while casted on the ground

- Psychic bolts more useful

-Cloth physics for Frost, Volt & Trinity (shown in the "Sword alone" trailer)

- Valkyr could climb walls with her claws during hysteria (that would be awesome and give her near-Zephyr mobility)

Oh,and about our poster bro, a little overwhelmed by the new recruits:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/231020-underappreciated-excalibur/

Edited by unknow99

You might as well remove Trinity entirely if you hate her so much instead of making her outright unplayable.

Trinity needs to get her nerfs, i play with trinity a lot and the immortality thing has to be tweaked.

Edited by Letter13
removing unnecessary comment

Blessing changed. hmm, ok. could you _please_ post a detailed description of what it does and how it works? the one thing i really find annoying is game mechanics that are guess work from player perspective. pretty please document it in a meaningful way... :)

e.g.

"(ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity)"

- what about the shields? classical blessing restored shields also

- immunity as before? then 90% is meaningless, damage reduction by 90%? then immunity is the wrong word

It's nice to see Trinity's instant "forget about all survivability issues" button changed... but not to this. She needs a re-vamp, not turning #4 into yet another terribly unwieldy ability. Having Link reduce and share damage between allies, making Energy Siphon and Well of Life less of a pain in the &#! to use (as in, not tied to enemies) and giving Blessing something useful instead of a clumsy form of damage reduction (that isn't even going to work for people who stack shields but don't stack health) would be great.

Trinity:

-Blessing:  Damage immunity is now based on the percentage of health healed (ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity).  This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

Trinity by design was never meant to have such an aggressive means of invincibility, and this fix should bring Blessing’s use back in line with our original intent.  Spamming it at full health will now have no benefit.

-Energy Vampire:  Will now pulse one last burst from the victim when it dies, releasing any remaining energy; this should make the power useful even when the enemy is killed prematurely.

And then her "skirt" too, right? Right? Cloth physics for that carapace thing? Right?

Neat. Love changes to Trinity - no more I-WIN button, adds skill as an actual factor. Toggled are great addition - new resource mechanics will bring some additional diversity between warframes.

Also:

-Blade Storm: Now produces clones of Ash, enabling him to kill more targets quickly.  Ash will also re-attack targets if they survive the initial attack.  Added forced bleed procs to Blade Storm strikes.

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu confirmed.

I fear the new trinity's blessing, both for the team utility and her own survival. She has no crowd control, her 1st is useless, and now we cannot rely on blessing. If we have to wait our team is almost dead to be effective, that will be very handicapping. Trinity will die 90% of the time, because she dies within 2 or 3 seconds when her life begins to be eaten (maxed by health mods), and her blessing take this time to launch.

Suggestion to get rid of invulnerability without making Trinity a professionnal dying being or alterate her full support role:

Make Energy Vampire her first power.

Make well of like her second (regenerate by pulses the team health in a wide zone around her). Affected by range and power mods.

Make blessing a huge resistance to damage(let's say 50% for example) and side-effects. Infinite range, %resistance affected by power mods.

Except that, i like the other changes, i'm glad they finally came, bu i want to try them to have an accurate feedback. The mechanisms seem viable from here, unlike blessing changes.

Edited by Yaer

No changes to Nyx's Psychic Bolts? Really? Oh, FFS...

Ok. Be constructive. Be constructive.

Right now PB is a bad joke. 200 dmg which is blocked by armor/shield, and a high chance to be stopped by a wall. 50 energy wasted. Noone uses it, I think you have statistics.

How to make good. A bit more damage, go straight through obstacles, ignore armor/shields. Since the stuff is Psychic.

-snip-

Trinity:

-snip-

While i think i understand the motives behind this nerfing, i think you have missed an opportunity for making Trinity more effective with a well coordinated team here: if you just reduced the radius of blessing, let's say 30 meters, without possibility of extending that via mods, that would have stop the spamming of blessing with players all around the map.

With this change i'm afraid that going to late game content (40+ surv) with trinity will be difficult and sadly ineffective compared to other frames.

While the Energy Vampire change is more than welcome, we should get Link previous behaviour, at least in that way as Trin we can stand up to heal other players.

Just my 2 cents here, thank you anyway for this great game DE

How will trinity work at defenses and survivals with level 100 enemies, then? People usually get one-shot by that high levels. Blessing is not gonna be good with the changes you put up, DE.

The concept is a good idea, but it makes trinity useless where she is useful the most.

Edit: A solid damage resistance rather than varied depending on health healed is the best option IMO.

We are not meant to go past lv 100 enemies man. 

The game is getting harder, that's what we are looking for ! 

Making you invulnerable is not really a good way to give you "strenght", as you will only be good with heavy fire power if you can't take any damage. 

Honestly, there's no challenge in that.

And about Mind Control. I understand, this one is more difficult to fix, since it's highly connected with AI, but it does not change the fact that MD is of questionable use.

What do enemies under MC do now: get stunned for two seconds, then get killed by tenno teammates. Even if you play solo, controlled mobs act the same way as their normal buddies. They seek cover, have the same damage(which is to low to kill other mob) shoot from time to time, maybe kill someone twice out of ten uses. Not very useful. Not at all.

How to fix: 
- Make AI act realy aggressive. No seeking cover, no hiding, get closer to an enemy and unload on them, then close on next one
- Mind controlled AI gets damage and firerate bonus. Now he actually kills stuff. Now he's effective, now he's FUN TO USE.
- AI likes to shoot walls because it sees enemy behind them. Punch Thru on controlled enemies maybe?
- Some kind of protection from tenno teammates fire? Like 50% damage reduction.
- More Energy to cast.

Silly Mind Control+Psychic Bolts combo:
If you aim at Controlled enemy and shoot PB, it will detonate with Psy energy, similar to Absorb. Damage can depend of enemy health, or health that it lost during Mind Control.

Yeah, I am a little concerned about this. Depending on how useful the new Silence is, I may want to run all four abilities. My build:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Banshee/t_30_12001120043_1-9-10-4-2-5-5-7-5-6-6-5-8-10-5-12-1-10-14-3-5-55-8-4-84-0-3-85-4-3-87-5-3_84-2-12-8-4-9-14-9-85-4-87-7-6-6-5-9-55-10-1-7-8-14_5/en/1-0-2/149/0

I'd have to either give up Continuity -  which reduces my Sonars and Silences to very, very short durations - or give up Stretch, which decreases my overall range for, well, everything. We'll see how this works out in practice.

I find Silence useful for tanking purposes and/or stealth. It's a great tool for ambush in non endless missions.

Banshee Silence is not necessarily about full stealth, you can ambush them and kill them fast before they get to console to sound the alert. It makes the process easier and possible for non silent weapons.