The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rest In Peace, H.r. Giger

Letter13

RIP.  Also, don't forget (my personal favorite) the cover art for Danzig III: How the Gods Kill

HP5moBa.jpg

Umm... I see the Lotus in that image. Seriously: turn it on it's left side and look at the female mouth in the center. It looks like the Lotus.

---

And I've got a question for the art team, if they so choose to answer me: has any of your work, Warframe-based or otherwise, been influenced by H.R. Giger's creations?

Yeah heard this today, darn it sucks, he will be missed.

One of the artists who helped shape my style of drawing.

Umm... I see the Lotus in that image. Seriously: turn it on it's left side and look at the female mouth in the center. It looks like the Lotus.

Infested Lotus D: !!!!!!

Well there goes another legend... We can only hope an artist shows up in the future with a similar touch, or better in the future. So far no one can create an image of absolute horror like H.R., and no one writes creepiness like Lovecraft... The Dark future of horror, and creepiness is going out the window with generic flood, and zombies as that is all I can see...

Such sad news... I liked his art, I even own tarot cards he designed. Man was a genius when it came to art. I still fondly remember visiting exhibition of his works.

Ah. Most artists I knew and loved since childhood will probably die before me, so I'd better get used to it. Still, very sad.

He'll be making people uncomfortable with his art in *insert choice of afterlife here*...!

EDIT: Apparently he died in a very unnecessary way, too - he tripped and fell down some stairs! When someone dies of old age or illness you have this feeling that it "was their time to go", but with accidents you feel like it simply shouldn't have happened...

Edited by Brimir