Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Punished For Not Knowing About Warframe Sooner.

Lancars

I didn't know cause its still considered beta and it seems there is a high amount of exclusive stuff that comes from events that normally a released game would host. This "beta" seems to have hosted a lot of events with a lot of things i cannot obtain and it feels like its slowing down.

I understand people like exclusive stuff but there are so many things i never got like the Vandals and exclusive mods that would really help me do more damage. it feels like people have a 50% boost over anyone who joins now. I feel kinda jipped cause this game wasn't advertised to the public enough and i joined in late.

I wanted to use the machete for fun even if its weaker then the skana. Event mods seem to be very powerful. It makes me feel like i'll never be as good as everyone else who joined sooner. I know exclusive has to mean something to people but it feels Overly exclusive.

supposedly all the exclusive event stuff will return Eventually™ even if the events themselves never will. experience with every game developer ever says that's just a flat out lie to get the masses to shut it, but we'll see.

Edited by Hexerin

I understand people like exclusive stuff but there are so many things i never got like the Vandals and exclusive mods that would really help me do more damage.

The only exclusive mod that could really give you an advantage is Primed Chamber, which only works on Snipers, which pretty much none are really good to be honest (some are decent but easily outclassed).

The double stats toxin and electricity mods will likely be released in the future as Nightmare mods, as it was the case with some previous event mods.

Besides that, you're actually not missing much in advantage. Get yourself a Boltor Prime and you're pretty much set, really. XD

Edited by Casardis

supposedly all the exclusive event stuff will return Eventually™ even if the events themselves never will. experience with every game developer ever says that's just a flat out lie to get the masses to shut it, but we'll see.

I believe past event exclusive mods were released as Nightmare mods...the same will happen with the current event mods, eventually.

I got on around the time of Founders, so I didn't miss out on too much, but I get what you mean.

Honestly, I despise the idea of anything being exclusive, but it's, unfortunately a bit too late to fix that without pissing a ton of people off.

Anyways, Exclusivity is a very toxic topic in this community, which is half the reason I absolutely despise it.

Take this, before the rabid exclusive item fanboys hang you for treason:

250px-FR.jpg

For the most part I imagine that many of the event exclusive mods (like the ciciro crisis mods) may be made available to those that missed out in the future through updated drop tables, bosses etc. As far as the aesthetic stuff goes, that will likely stay exclusive but is much less of an issue. For the most part if you are really hankering to grab some of the exclusive mods you missed out on all I can suggest is try the trading channel. People are selling them from time to time. Its expensive and normally for plat but at this stage thats your only option. I do feel you pain though. I took a massive break from WF and came back to find out I had missed out on a bunch of cool stuff. But thats how it goes I guess.

I understand people like exclusive stuff but there are so many things i never got like the Vandals and exclusive mods that would really help me do more damage. it feels like people have a 50% boost over anyone who joins now.

Here's a pro tip:  The event exclusive weapons are not that amazing.  They are good but pretty much all the best weapons in the game are still available.  What you are seeing when you feel underpowered is a combination of two things:   1.) Experience  2.) Investment.  People who have played a long time know how to get around the map fast, what enemies matter and which ones don't, where to aim, and when to spam.  And slapping forma on your weapon is how you take it to the next level, since that lets you equip more and better mods and mods are where your power comes from. That and people who have played a long time have maxed out copies of things like damage and shield mods, where new players just don't have the million credits and pile of fusion cores to make that happen for a while.

DE has officially stated in a live stream that the past event rewards will be returning in the future in other events.
The only things that WONT be returning are:
-Founder Gear (Excal, Lato and Skana prime)
-Closed beta exclusives (Braton and Lato Vandal)

All other exclusive weapons have a chance at returning at some point, so just keep playing.

Event mods were never stated to be exclusive.  They just haven't made their way into the drop table and I hope they get in their soon.

The only true exclusive are the founder gear everything els is open for being released again in the future.

I believe the braton and lato vandals are also exclusive. There's a community hot topic about it some time in May 2013 if I remember correctly.

DE needs to just hurry up and get the Tethra and Cicero mods into the drop tables, but beyond that you're not missing much. The Brakk is hidden beneath several layers of merciless RNG, but it's still possible to acquire. None of the Wraiths/Vandals are complete game-changers post-Damage 2.0, so the only thing you don't have access to is their color schemes. I honestly force myself to pull them out of my inventory to use every now and then just to feel like they're useful. The Wraith Twin Vipers are okay, but beyond that there's not much to the event-only weapons outside of collector's syndrome. 

I believe the braton and lato vandals are also exclusive. There's a community hot topic about it some time in May 2013 if I remember correctly.

Nope DE have stated that the only things that will never return are the founders gear everything else is in the "Disney fault" as it were.

I don't have the Lato Vandal but I'd personally prefer it to stay exclusive(please don't hate me). The CBT players don't have a badge and the 50 Platinum is quickly spent, the Lato Vandal should remain symbolic of their contribution.

Dunno about the Braton Vandal since not all CBTs but some OBTs have it, but aside from the mastery thing I don't see why it should return. Yes I do not have both Vandal weapons.

You aren't being punished for not knowing about a game.  

Event items will come back around.  During one of their DEvstreams, DE stated that all event rewards will be coming back so newer players have the opportunity to obtain them later on.  It's just a matter of playing long enough to play the events.  

Also, as mentioned by other posters, the events mods will be making an appearance on the Nightmare or Vault mod drop tables at some point, and the event weapons aren't really worth being upset over if you don't have them.  I haven't bothered doing anything with them beyond getting them to R30 and then shelving them.  I may take them out once I have a full set (Primary/Secondary/Melee) but that's the only use for them at this point. 

Edited by Noamuth

I don't have the Lato Vandal but I'd personally prefer it to stay exclusive(please don't hate me). The CBT players don't have a badge and the 50 Platinum is quickly spent, the Lato Vandal should remain symbolic of their contribution.

Dunno about the Braton Vandal since not all CBTs but some OBTs have it, but aside from the mastery thing I don't see why it should return. Yes I do not have both Vandal weapons.

Lato Vandal is fine, nobody even cares about that. What people care about are those insanely powerful mods and weapons. I missed out on Wrath Twin Vipers and i super regret it. The weapons sound amazing and are straight forward upgrade to twin vipers. It's not just a skin. And Snipetron Vandal? It's actually very powerful rifle. 

And how about Cicero Crisis mods? Those - status chance alone beats regular status chance mod by 4 times!!!! And additionally it provides 60% poison damage... If you're going for corrosive then it's an absolute must have. You lose a lot of proc/dmg without those mods. And it's not clear that they will be released again... Same goes for Primed Chamber. It's been a long time now and it's clear that it's not comming and it's a must have on Vectis... 

People feel left out. Not because of some exclusive "skins" but because events awayd pretty darn strong stuff. Ofc you can survive without them... but you can also survive without Corrupt mods, you're simply weaker without them.  

I still want a Machete for S**** and Giggles.... I have the prova but its more of a beatstick for me then a dangerous machete

I like to beat uppity grineer with it. The ones that tend to jump in the air and shoot you with knockdown rockets over and over.