Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Complaints About Founder Packs, Cross-Platform And Account Migration. Read This!

Zelfarion

OK OK OK GUYS BESIDES FOUNDERS' S#&$...

About the PC-PS4 coercion stuff..

I think it'd be real nice if PC didn't have weekly updates, but instead have bi- or tri-weekly updates so as to be in sync with PS4. Here are the benefits of such a change:

More content in each update (and fixes)

Being able to play with PS4 and PC players, vice versa

Being able to migrate accounts freely between the two systems

No one gets ripped off when they move from PC to PS4

Everyone is happy =D

Thoughts?

Yes ninja. Bigger and better stuff as well. Stuff that's too big to be released in a week to week basis can be more thoughly looked over and there would be more reason for being hyped over each and every update.

Edited by quietcanary

Yes ninja. Bigger and better stuff as well. Stuff that's too big to be released in a week to week basis can be more thoughly looked over and there would be more reason for being hyped over each and every update.

Thank you... just look at hotfix 13.9.1.1 ....

all they did was fix Malicious raptor's trading and specter's firing rates...

That could be easily bundled with the other fixes into something more complete, like a bi-weekly update. And two weeks is enough for PS4 cert to finish, so the update could go out for both systems at the same time.

Really something they could do. We don't need 3-6 fixes every week that no one cares about.

The migration - if they convinced Sony to allow pc exclusives transfer. The only statement was "pc users will not get items on PS4 before PS4 players". Too vague.

just curious: How is that too vague? I mean even if the PC player owns like idk a sword that isnt availible yet on PS4 since the patch isnt out on PS4 and then transfer to PS4. He wont be able to use it on PS4 until the PS4 players are able to use it. That makes it entirely fair and not vague at all.

^But you weren't exactly supporting the game when it was in it's early stages, you got the game that was already pretty polished. I wouldn't mind if ps4 and xbone get some exclusive skins for some frames, corpus themed for PS4(since they are blue) and grineer(green for xbox one) for example. Just don't ask for excalibur prime and other goodies which were only available to pc founders.

Most founders didn't either.  The game was an unquestionable success when it launched on steam.  The founders program lasted for 7 months after that.

I think it'd be real nice if PC didn't have weekly updates, but instead have bi- or tri-weekly updates so as to be in sync with PS4. Here are the benefits of such a change:

Everyone is happy =D

Thoughts?

You should really list the cons as well if you're going to do that.  I can think of one major one that makes it a no go for me:

-Much much much slower bug fixes.

...on PC. But not on PS4. They don't want to upset PC players so much they'd rather S#&$ on console players. Any company that behaves this way is better off becoming an example in my book.

Eh I welcome this kind of attitude from a developer.  Too many games have been ruined because the devs focus to hard on console at the expense of the PC port.  Consoles are on the other side of the porting process and have a smaller player base so of course they won't be priority #1.

Edited by Aggh

Everyone is happy =D

Thoughts?

Except most PC players(myself included) will be pissed that they have to deal with Sony's cert process when they don't want anything to do with it.

Holding back PC updates literally does nothing to benefit PS4 players either.

You mean aside from making cross play viable and more than tripling the player base for them?

That's assuming cross play will ever happen. At this point I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

And what do you mean by "triple the player base for them?"

That's assuming cross play will ever happen. At this point I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

And what do you mean by "triple the player base for them?"

The only reason cross play isn't viable is because the builds are never in sync. 

Warframe was downloaded ~2 million times on ps4 as of april.  With 7.5 million registered players (including ps4 players) it's a relatively safe bet that cross play would more than triple the available player base for ps4 players.

Edited by Aggh

The only reason cross play isn't viable is because the builds are never in sync. 

Warframe was downloaded ~2 million times as of april.  With 7.5 million registered players (including ps4 players) it's a relatively safe bet that cross play would more than triple the available player base for ps4 players.

I'm thinking more about the whole "Exclusives from PC must never be seen on PS4" kind of standpoint. The other day I saw a PS4 thread asking for all references to *him* be removed from the PS4(replace the statue in Orokin vaults, change pictures for certain corrupted mods, etc). Not too many PC players will be happy that they need to wait weeks for bug fixes because the console players have to either.

I suppose so. It just seemed out of nowhere when you said it though.

I'm thinking more about the whole "Exclusives from PC must never be seen on PS4" kind of standpoint. The other day I saw a PS4 thread asking for all references to *him* be removed from the PS4(replace the statue in Orokin vaults, change pictures for certain corrupted mods, etc). Not too many PC players will be happy that they need to wait weeks for bug fixes because the console players have to either.

I suppose so. It just seemed out of nowhere when you said it though.

You said it would provide no benefits to ps4 players.  I just pointed out one of the glaringly obvious benefits.  Next time say what you mean.

Edited by Aggh

You said it would provide no benefits to ps4 players.  I just pointed out one of the glaringly obvious benefits.  Next time say what you mean.

I just now realized you might mean the PC players playing with them. I thought you meant some huge surge of PS4 players when they'd announce cross play. *facepalm*

Just gonna weigh in here, OP is entirely right on pretty much every topic.

However, I paid good money for the Founder's pack when it came out, and when the game came out on PS4 I stopped playing on PC almost entirely. I didn't have a PC that could even compare to how smoothly the PS4 runs so that was my preferred option to play Warframe, simple. Now, for whatever reason, I can't even open Warframe on my PC, it just fails to execute and I've gone about trying to fix this in many different ways all to no avail. So my question to you, do I have the right to be mad at DE for not allowing Founders items to be transferred to PS4 since I've paid for it and cannot use it on PC? I feel like I do, but maybe I'm mistaken. I wanted to show everyone how much I supported this game in its early stages, hence I bought the pack. But now I can't even use it and I've heard from multiple sources that the items will be non transferrable, much to my vehement chagrin.

And no, under no circumstances should founder's items be tradeable. If you're not a founder, you shouldn't be able to pretend you're one. Period.

Just gonna weigh in here, OP is entirely right on pretty much every topic.

However, I paid good money for the Founder's pack when it came out, and when the game came out on PS4 I stopped playing on PC almost entirely. I didn't have a PC that could even compare to how smoothly the PS4 runs so that was my preferred option to play Warframe, simple. Now, for whatever reason, I can't even open Warframe on my PC, it just fails to execute and I've gone about trying to fix this in many different ways all to no avail. So my question to you, do I have the right to be mad at DE for not allowing Founders items to be transferred to PS4 since I've paid for it and cannot use it on PC? I feel like I do, but maybe I'm mistaken. I wanted to show everyone how much I supported this game in its early stages, hence I bought the pack. But now I can't even use it and I've heard from multiple sources that the items will be non transferrable, much to my vehement chagrin.

And no, under no circumstances should founder's items be tradeable. If you're not a founder, you shouldn't be able to pretend you're one. Period.

The fact that you can't run it on  your PC isn't DE's fault.

The fact that you can't run it on  your PC isn't DE's fault.

You're right, but my point remains valid (don't pick apart my circumstances as a justification for seemingly nonsensical restrictions)

I'm irritated that I likely won't be able to complete my warframe codex on PS4, nor will I be able to show my long running support of the game on my preferred platform. I want people to know I'm a founder, it's the reason I still use my PC account for posting on forums rather than my PS4 account. I'd love to be able to show my pride as a founder on PS4, but alas I cannot. I've told multiple people in my clan that I'm a founder, none of whom believed me and I have literally no way to prove it to them since they aren't on the forums. These are minor problems, I understand. But as a founder, I would like the developer to show us a little appreciation by making these items transferrable. That is my only point, do not derail it.

You're right, but my point remains valid (don't pick apart my circumstances as a justification for seemingly nonsensical restrictions)

I'm irritated that I likely won't be able to complete my warframe codex on PS4, nor will I be able to show my long running support of the game on my preferred platform. I want people to know I'm a founder, it's the reason I still use my PC account for posting on forums rather than my PS4 account. I'd love to be able to show my pride as a founder on PS4, but alas I cannot. I've told multiple people in my clan that I'm a founder, none of whom believed me and I have literally no way to prove it to them since they aren't on the forums. These are minor problems, I understand. But as a founder, I would like the developer to show us a little appreciation by making these items transferrable. That is my only point, do not derail it.

Your entire point argument on the fact that you can't use your PC account which forces you to play on PS4.  That's your fault and not a good reason for DE to &!$$ off most of the ps4 player base.  You might have a point if DE was somehow at fault here, but they aren't.  It's entirely reasonably that they not transfer items that were never available on the platform to begin with. 

Account migration is a free service; considering how separate platforms are handled with most games its a minor miracle that we're even getting it in the first place.  DE owes us nothing more than that and expecting founders' items to transfer is pretty damn selfish tbh.  It's essentially like saying that DE's relationship with the majority of the PS4 player base is less important than some shinies you want to transfer to your ps4 account.  Way to support the game :|

Edited by Aggh

No one wants to see your epee.... Err "Pride" on ps4.

Just a heads up.

Your entire point hinges on the fact that you can't use your PC account which forces you to play on PS4.  That's your fault and not a good reason for DE to &!$$ off most of the ps4 player base.

Non founders have no real right to be pissed off that they aren't founders. Founders have every right to be pissed off that they cant use their packages on their preferred platform. The fact that I can't access my account on PC is totally irrelevant. I honestly wish I hadn't mentioned it because even when I could access my PC account I never did (for reasons I won't mention because I'm sure they'll only be used against me)

I'm a founder, I want people to know I'm a founder. It really is just that simple, and if someone is going to be pissed off that I have an item that they can't get, tough S#&$. It's not like this is the only limited edition item in the game. *coughsnipetroncough* (plenty of others as well)

Non founders have no real right to be &!$$ed off that they aren't founders. Founders have every right to be &!$$ed off that they cant use their packages on their preferred platform. The fact that I can't access my account on PC is totally irrelevant. I honestly wish I hadn't mentioned it because even when I could access my PC account I never did (for reasons I won't mention because I'm sure they'll only be used against me)

I'm a founder, I want people to know I'm a founder. It really is just that simple, and if someone is going to be &!$$ed off that I have an item that they can't get, tough S#&$. It's not like this is the only limited edition item in the game. *coughsnipetroncough* (plenty of others as well)

PS4 players have every right to be &!$$ed off about content that was never available on their platform being put on their platform.  And considering how small a population that active founders that have a ps4 would make it's not really worth it at all to DE to transfer them to PS4. 

Appeasing a tiny population of players despite the objections of a staggering amount of the player base is a really bad business plan; tough ******* for you bro :|

Edited by Aggh

This is from a "Non-founders" point of view but I completely agree with that statement that founders SHOULD only be the ones with "founders-only" exclusive gear, however I also do question why not make something similar for PS4 and Xbox One Tenno members? It would be by no means "founders-exclusive" but it would be interesting to see a "Pilgrim's" Package of some kind, I mean that way you can go "hey look at me I'm one of the first people (transferred profile or not) to play Warframe on the Xbox One, or PS4. It could also possibly be the same as when the founders package first came out as a chance for people to spend money to help advance the progress on Xbox One, and PS4 so that the Updates are near the same timeframe? The only real thing I really did honestly hate when I heard about what "Founders-Exclusive" only got is Excalibur Prime.....people like me never knew that Warframe even existed so making one frame that's the symbol of a game I really do enjoy and would really spend money on unavailable is really a major downfall sadly for me, could have been done a few other ways but no they had to make him a one time deal. Again I see the point but, again...really wish I had that chance to get him.

These are all ideas remember and also things I think many people would like too see happen. I get founders having special things and what not witch is nice, but again It would be cool to be known as one of the first to play on the Xbox One/PS4 versions as well. Sadly for Ps4 its been out for a while now so no first starter out things would be going to them probably.