Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Complaints About Founder Packs, Cross-Platform And Account Migration. Read This!

Zelfarion

And returning on topic, I think it's been well explained at this point why PC exclusives should not transfer to PS4.

Please, point out to me where the exclusion clause is for PS4. If such a clause exists, then I shall heartily join you.

It's done in a very simple manner. PS4 version is a different product, having yourself any kind of deal for PC version you can't claim right to same deal for any future port or sequel.

And returning on topic, I think it's been well explained at this point why PC exclusives should not transfer to PS4.

It's done in a very simple manner. PS4 version is a different product, having yourself any kind of deal for PC version you can't claim right to same deal for any future port or sequel.

Actually, it's a different version of the same product. The exclusivity still applies.

Then again, I don't know why I'm bothering. You haven't really displayed a propensity for listening to reason.

...on PC. But not on PS4. They don't want to upset PC players so much they'd rather S#&$ on console players. Any company that behaves this way is better off becoming an example in my book.

I am fine with spending a lot to get everything worth having. Look, I have friends who are crazy into Perfect World. Hell, my sister is into it. I just never liked that game because  it lacks visceral combat I love in games (unless they are card games). You can totally live with PW. I myself posted some rave stuff about the situation here, but speaking calmly? They're not nearly as bad as people here make em out to be.

I love that voice of reason above. I might even bookmark it for reference.

wow ....

so in your massive but hurt over not having accesse to something YOU HAVE NO CLAIM TO ANYWAY you are complete fine with the vast majority of the player base getting royally #*($%%@ over, and having irreparable damage done to both the game and dev team.

All because you can't get the 'shiny reskins'.

What happens on PC effects the console release. What will harm the PC version, will harm all other versions, and if you believe other wise you are lying to your self.

wow ....

so in your massive but hurt over not having accesse to something YOU HAVE NO CLAIM TO ANYWAY you are complete fine with the vast majority of the player base getting royally #*($%%@ over, and having irreparable damage done to both the game and dev team.

All because you can't get the 'shiny reskins'.

What happens on PC effects the console release. What will harm the PC version, will harm all other versions, and if you believe other wise you are lying to your self.

We have different ideas of harm it seems. Of course PC and PS4 versions will mirror each other, where did I say otherwise? I said I'm ok with PW.

We have different ideas of harm it seems. Of course PC and PS4 versions will mirror each other, where did I say otherwise? I said I'm ok with PW.

No, I've just seen what PW does to the games it acquires, and the result is always for the worse.

We have a bigger problem right now then founders exclusives staying exclusive. Rest assured if PW gets control they will not honor anything exclusive. I'm sure you could probably organize a class action lawsuit, but the amount of lawyerage they will bring to bear will knock out the argument on the premise that keeping it exclusive would be detrimental to the game design and potential sales of the game. Also to boot the game was in an unfinished state and there is an implied understanding that (shock/surprise) things change on that level of development. That's going to cost millions of platinum to counter (hmm... the Tenno lawyer Specter...)

On the other side of the fence. You would have to be crazy to want Excal Prime at the cost of the entire game. If you want to see what PW brings to f2p games, just look at all the threads in here about them. Consider the proverb "one should not be worried about the beard, if the head is getting cut off". It's not just about locking items behind a pay wall or RNG on roids, this will destroy the delicate play balance of the game. Your going to have unbeatable stages waiting for overpowerful gear to get past. Totally wrecks a game (I know, I worked for a group that made such things). Sucks the challenge right out.

If Excal prime is ever to be released, it will be at a much later date, with a lot of dialogue between DE and the community. If it doesn't that's ok considering all the other content is fantastic.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

We have a bigger problem right now then founders exclusives staying exclusive. Rest assured if PW gets control they will not honor anything exclusive. I'm sure you could probably organize a class action lawsuit, but the amount of lawyerage they will bring to bear will knock out the argument on the premise that keeping it exclusive would be detrimental to the game design and potential sales of the game. Also to boot the game was in an unfinished state and there is an implied understanding that (shock/surprise) things change on that level of development. That's going to cost millions of platinum to counter (hmm... the Tenno lawyer Specter...)

On the other side of the fence. You would have to be crazy to want Excal Prime at the cost of the entire game. If you want to see what PW brings to f2p games, just look at all the threads in here about them. Consider the proverb "one should not be worried about the beard, if the head is getting cut off". It's not just about locking items behind a pay wall or RNG on roids, this will destroy the delicate play balance of the game. Your going to have unbeatable stages waiting for overpowerful gear to get past. Totally wrecks a game (I know, I worked for a group that made such things). Sucks the challenge right out.

If Excal prime is ever to be released, it will be at a much later date, with a lot of dialogue between DE and the community. If it doesn't that's ok considering all the other content is fantastic.

That won't happen... I'm still waiting for red matter on Star trek online and that is a PREORDER.

Right. You're ok with PW because it's possibly your last hope of possibly getting Excalibur Prime. Yeah, don't expect much respect from people here because of that position.

Oh, and Aggh, told you this thread would end up being about Founders exclusivity.

im about to scream.

Dear PS4 players: imagine how PC players that started after November 2013 feel when they see excalibur prime. jealous? maybe, but hey, the founders paved the way for the game to become what it is today.

IF a PC player was a founder, and payed $250 while the game was only on the PC, before they knew it was ever goign to come out on PS4, and now here we are and they want to take their account and migrate it.

it. is. the. same. thing. as. playing. with. newer. players. on. PC.

there is NO difference.

its all a time scale. you want an Excal prime? do you want founders type stuff?

too bad, its unavailable to you, you werent here. its not your fault, it just sucks.

but you have no right to say that a person who DID get a founder pack and wants to play on PS4 (honestly, i dont know why they would, if they would have to deal with the amount of whining you guys do) should not be allowed to because you started later.

suck it up princess, you had other things to do with your life than spend money on a new game.

I'm sure this question has already been asked and answered before but I can't help but wonder. Why didt DE just make some sort of "founder" pack when they launched on PS4? Maybe a different version of Excalibur Prime or a different prime? Then do the same for xbone ? That way everyone has their own version. I understand that we weren't founding the game from scratch but it still was/is a brand new game on a brand new console that has to be supported in order to survive right?

I'm sure this question has already been asked and answered before but I can't help but wonder. Why didt DE just make some sort of "founder" pack when they launched on PS4? Maybe a different version of Excalibur Prime or a different prime? Then do the same for xbone ? That way everyone has their own version. I understand that we weren't founding the game from scratch but it still was/is a brand new game on a brand new console that has to be supported in order to survive right?

We've been asking that forever, but DE has only recently really been talking to the PS4 players. [DE]Drew is the only one that speaks to us and he just started a couple of months ago.

What is the point of getting a "founder package" on a ps4, JUST because it launched on your console ? Founder package meant that you supported a game when it was rough and unpolished and you took a gamble on the warframe taking off or failing. To thank us(founders) for the financial support the developers gave us goodies which "only exist for people who helped warframe be where it is today". It's silly for you guys to be asking for the same priveledges just because warframe is fresh out(polished and neat) on your platform of choice.

Im sure that sounds like we founders are sitting on a high horse, but that's what exclusive, [limited time only] content is. If you are not there to grab them when they are available then they are gone. I am pretty sure DE stated very clearly that once founder package is gone, it's gone for good.

Hell, you were peobably playing some ps3 game at a time(I honestly don't know and don't want to falsely assume what you were into at the time) but us pc guys and gals were "beta testing" warframe and supporting it on our platform.

I even have some friends who played warframe on my pc(their account) and got so interested, that they built their own rig AND got basic founders package(for excalbro prime) before it was gone for good. It isn't DE's fault that you were doing something else and missed that opportunity.

Someone mentioned that they dont care what happens to warframe if they can't have excalibur prime, that's just childish and utterly selfish. That's like saying "I don't care what happens to the forest as long as i can be king of the ashes".

Let's see, whats else....

Oh yeah, someone also mentioned that they want a company to fail if they cater to a pc platform more than the consoles. Well, we pc guys ALWAYS get shafted by devs when it comes to games that are multi-platform, we get bad ports which run terrible on even the beefiest hardware AND sometimes developers don't even bother adjusting UI to suit the mouse(im looking at you watch_dogs and im fearing for the upcoming gta5).

Console guys are so used to getting polished and bug-free games that whenever they see some other platform having advantage(if you can call a skin advantage...lol) they start foaming in the mouth and bring out the pitchforks.(WHY CAN'T I HAVE IT TOO!!?!?!)

P.S if you are THAT desperate to be "a special snowflake" then i suggest you get yourself a gaming PC and look at kickstarter games, Archeage(mmo) is doing a founders program where you get a special bundle of items that's ONLY available to founders, and that game looks like it will take off.

Edited by kiteohatto

What is the point of getting a "founder package" on a ps4, JUST because it launched on your console ? Founder package meant that you supported a game when it was rough and unpolished and you took a gamble on the warframe taking off or failing. To thank us(founders) for the financial support the developers gave us goodies which "only exist for people who helped warframe be where it is today". It's silly for you guys to be asking for the same priveledges just because warframe is fresh out(polished and neat) on your platform of choice.

Im sure that sounds like we founders are sitting on a high horse, but that's what exclusive, [limited time only] content is. If you are not there to grab them when they are available then they are gone. I am pretty sure DE stated very clearly that once founder package is gone, it's gone for good.

Hell, you were peobably playing some ps3 game at a time(I honestly don't know and don't want to falsely assume what you were into at the time) but us pc guys and gals were "beta testing" warframe and supporting it on our platform.

I even have some friends who played warframe on my pc(their account) and got so interested, that they built their own rig AND got basic founders package(for excalbro prime) before it was gone for good. It isn't DE's fault that you were doing something else and missed that opportunity.

Someone mentioned that they dont care what happens to warframe if they can't have excalibur prime, that's just childish and utterly selfish. That's like saying "I don't care what happens to the forest as long as i can be king of the ashes".

Let's see, whats else....

Oh yeah, someone also mentioned that they want a company to fail if they cater to a pc platform more than the consoles. Well, we pc guys ALWAYS get shafted by devs when it comes to games that are multi-platform, we get bad ports which run terrible on even the beefiest hardware AND sometimes developers don't even bother adjusting UI to suit the mouse(im looking at you watch_dogs and im fearing for the upcoming gta5).

Console guys are so used to getting polished and bug-free games that whenever they see some other platform having advantage(if you can call a skin advantage...lol) they start foaming in the mouth and bring out the pitchforks.(WHY CAN'T I HAVE IT TOO!!?!?!)

P.S if you are THAT desperate to be "a special snowflake" then i suggest you get yourself a gaming PC and look at kickstarter games, Archeage(mmo) is doing a founders program where you get a special bundle of items that's ONLY available to founders, and that game looks like it will take off.

Aren't you just comparing apples to oranges?  If the PS4 community did not support the game at launch, would't it also fail?  I clearly understand your opinion on why we did't get some sort of "founding" exclusive.  I am wondering what DE's official stance on the matter is.  After all, the game that we all enjoy so much is technically still in a beta state and still has a long way go in order to be considered complete.  It has't been a polished silky smooth ride on our side as you seem to think...Warframe was still very rough when it was ported over albeit with more content.  We also have to wait for other beta testers to beta test our beta due to the cert process lol.  But we all endure because we all love this amazing game with so much potential.

We are not asking for the same "Founders" privilege..just something to call our own.  

P.S.  We aren't going anywhere else to become founders..we are staying right here with the game we all love and supported since day one (on PS4) regardless the outcome.  You cant get rid of us THAT easy.   ;) 

^But you weren't exactly supporting the game when it was in it's early stages, you got the game that was already pretty polished. I wouldn't mind if ps4 and xbone get some exclusive skins for some frames, corpus themed for PS4(since they are blue) and grineer(green for xbox one) for example. Just don't ask for excalibur prime and other goodies which were only available to pc founders.

^But you weren't exactly supporting the game when it was in it's early stages, you got the game that was already pretty polished. I wouldn't mind if ps4 and xbone get some exclusive skins for some frames, corpus themed for PS4(since they are blue) and grineer(green for xbox one) for example. Just don't ask for excalibur prime and other goodies which were only available to pc founders.

well im pretty sure all the warframes are of tenno tech and or void, the only thing close to representing a diff faction warframe isnt even a warframe thats zanuka ~ but they should do something special but at the same time let the founder migrate there exclusive over and vise versa ~ 

I think that is a fair compromise that would appease the majority of the entire community. We arent asking for freebies or founders packs..WE WILL PAY! It's win win imo so why wont this happen?

Edited by (PS4)I420t

OP, you're stupid. No offense though, I only mean that you lack the knowledge on the subject or that you just dont really know what it is essentially

In short I am excited to have excalibur prime's showing up in my games after the transfer. And you don't need to write a long post to explain why people want the founders items when it can be summed up in two words: Butt Hurt.

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

You'd expect some kind of statement from developer at this point. Nope. Come on! You gonna lose players either way, better minimize scandal.

Statement on what? The PWE issue? Founders Exclusivity?

Both have already been covered.

I think that is a fair compromise that would appease the majority of the entire community. We arent asking for freebies or founders packs..WE WILL PAY! It's win win imo so why wont this happen?

Not coming back. That's DE's final answer on the issue.

It doesn't break what they have already said if they just make everything in game able to be traded. As a founder I would love it if they made exclusives trade accessible since it would be a point of pride to those founders who didn't trade it and those founders or member who do want to could get rid of weapons the "barely use anyways so why does it matter?" to those who want them desperately enough to keep bringing this up.

I personally have started equating people who argue against this proposal as the sort of people still fighting gay marriage. I don't say this to insult you though if you do believe that then you probably don't feel like its a insult anyway, but it is the best comparison I can think of that demonstrates most pro exclusive arguments.