Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Complaints About Founder Packs, Cross-Platform And Account Migration. Read This!

Zelfarion

Cross play is disabled because PC and PS4 are never on the same version. Partially because DE updates too quickly and partially because Sony's CERT is the slowest thing in existence.

This is the most likely reason. Don't think Sony can keep up with weekly updates like the PC can. As far as the rest of the post....

NO

Ok. From my understanding, it's just a copy-paste of data. Meaning you'll keep your PC stuff. In that case, it absolutely makes sense for the Founders stuff to not copy over. There we go. Simple as that. Thank you for the link.

So, turns out most people don't even know what is being discussed.

Because actually what is being planned is not account migration. You don't migrate your PC account anywhere, you keep it and play on it as you did before. On your PC, on Steam, whatever. What is planned is account cloning, ability to create a copy of your account on PS4 for free. Which is in itself extremely generous considering normally slots alone will cost a lot, and Sony gets a cut from every sale (30%). That's why anything that never was available on PS4 must not transfer. Otherwise it's a massive spit in the faces of all paying customers on PS4. More so from Sony, should they ever allow or accidentally allow something like that.

So, turns out most people don't even know what is being discussed.

Because actually what is being planned is not account migration. You don't migrate your PC account anywhere, you keep it and play on it as you did before. On your PC, on Steam, whatever. What is planned is account cloning, ability to create a copy of your account on PS4 for free. Which is in itself extremely generous considering normally slots alone will cost a lot, and Sony gets a cut from every sale (30%). That's why anything that never was available on PS4 must not transfer. Otherwise it's a massive spit in the faces of all paying customers on PS4. More so from Sony, should they ever allow or accidentally allow something like that.

Precisely. Account 'migration' as you pointed out, is a less than ideal term when discussing what is actually happening to your account when making the jump from PC to PS4.

op needs some english classes.. to elqborate on what he means.. 

if you were unaware that therw was controlles substances in ur car and u get pulled over, telling the law or judge you didnt know isnt going to change anything. how do we know that all of the people discontent with the closing of founders status didnt already know of wf but chose not to take part until it was too late. 

and yah characters in pc wf arent dif from ps chars. sure maybe we put six forma on ash before we came to ur house... oh well. shoulda been hip to the script. 

im so done with these posts of such scrubly nature

Did I really just read this whole thread?

I just wish they would re brand the Founder's excalibur as Excalibur Alpha and make a new prime variant available to all players. That way Founders still have an exclusive frame and everyone else can get a bling covered Excalibur. The whole exclusivity thing is probably something they wish they had never done.

I no I'm in the wrong place I can't really navigate this is my first time. Will the machete, boar, ether daggers, or snipetron ever return to market or be moved to the Tenno labs?

Also I understand the founders pack is exclusive to PC and ps4 never got a chance even the day 1 players like my self and this is a slap in the face BUT I'd like to recommend a founders pack 4 ps4 and or PC with an aklato prime, duel skana prime, and a mk 1 or 2 excalibure prime with 1 more or lease polarities and or the same look as the old excal p or a new 1. I suggest a new look cos i'v seen a form of founders complaining about how excalibure prime doesn't look as cool as loki prime. Last these are new items I am recommending (NEW ITEMS). So there shouldn't be a problem with DEs promise to the founders that those old 1s will not be re-released. I'm just stating suggestions that would resolve a lot of complaints. Please let me know if you really care DE. Almost a week sence the last time I asked and you haven't replied yet. :,,,(

I no I'm in the wrong place I can't really navigate this is my first time. Will the machete, boar, ether daggers, or snipetron ever return to market or be moved to the Tenno labs?

Also I understand the founders pack is exclusive to PC and ps4 never got a chance even the day 1 players like my self and this is a slap in the face BUT I'd like to recommend a founders pack 4 ps4 and or PC with an aklato prime, duel skana prime, and a mk 1 or 2 excalibure prime with 1 more or lease polarities and or the same look as the old excal p or a new 1. I suggest a new look cos i'v seen a form of founders complaining about how excalibure prime doesn't look as cool as loki prime. Last these are new items I am recommending (NEW ITEMS). So there shouldn't be a problem with DEs promise to the founders that those old 1s will not be re-released. I'm just stating suggestions that would resolve a lot of complaints. Please let me know if you really care DE. Almost a week sence the last time I asked and you haven't replied yet. :,,,(

excal prime is never coming back.

I sure hope PW changes that.

Also "no active plans to re-release" and never coming back is.... Not synonymous. It's not coming back about as much as DE not being merged with PW.

PW won't be changing a damn thing. Excal Prime will not return, as stated by DE countless times. You are grasping at semantics because you don't like the answer that has been given.

I sure hope PW changes that.

Also "no active plans to re-release" and never coming back is.... Not synonymous. It's not coming back about as much as DE not being merged with PW.

you too will be able to buy your MADE IN DIRTPOOR THIRD WORLD COUNTRY stamped Excalibra Praime (dat name change is mandatory for copyright reasons, you know the deal) for the low low price of hunnits of dollars in the cash shop soon

dont worry about it, your time for ascendance has come! (just make sure you ask before you borrow their credit card)

I wonder if brass accents would look the same as gold?

Edited by Kartumterek

I donno why the 'Founders Stuff' is still an issue. You missed it. GET OVER IT. You didn't miss anything good anyway, all the really good Prime stuff is in the void. IE something you can get. I missed The Gravidus Dilemma and that Survival event, and never ONCE have I complained about not having accesses to those rewards. I missed those event, so I have no one to blame but my self for not getting them. Sure, DE made some of those rewards farmable later, but at the time that wasn't on the horizon, and it's not the point.

Stop complaining about not having something you weren't around to get. It's not our fualt you where late to the party.

Now then. that said, I've always been in favor throwing the Excalibur/Skana/Lato Primes into the void for ever one else to get. Partly because I think it's been long enough, every one else should have a shot at them now, and partly ... I just don't CARE about them.Excalibur Prime an ugly reskin of the normal Excalibur, and the Skana Prime is @(*()$ worthless as a melee weapon, always has been. Even back in Closed Beta it was junk

I donno why the 'Founders Stuff' is still an issue. You missed it. GET OVER IT. You didn't miss anything good anyway, all the really good Prime stuff is in the void. IE something you can get. I missed The Gravidus Dilemma and that Survival event, and never ONCE have I complained about not having accesses to those rewards. I missed those event, so I have no one to blame but my self for not getting them. Sure, DE made some of those rewards farmable later, but at the time that wasn't on the horizon, and it's not the point.

Stop complaining about not having something you weren't around to get. It's not our fualt you where late to the party.

Now then. that said, I've always been in favor throwing the Excalibur/Skana/Lato Primes into the void for ever one else to get. Partly because I think it's been long enough, every one else should have a shot at them now, and partly ... I just don't CARE about them.Excalibur Prime an ugly reskin of the normal Excalibur, and the Skana Prime is @(*()$ worthless as a melee weapon, always has been. Even back in Closed Beta it was junk

You're missing the point. I myself owned PS4 since release day in Europe (earliest possible time) and I'm 100% sure founders primes were never offered on PS store. It's an issue because unlike steam skins or Obsidian PS4 stuff those items are part of set (prime) and are actual items with separate, different stats and mastery. I'm not ok with them pulling that kind of crap in a game that cost as much as PS4 itself essentially. Not until they fully compensate us either by offering these items, or a PS4 exclusive analog, not available on PC. That's why upon some consideration I've came to conclusion I love the idea of PW buying DE. Of course EA would have been way better, but hey. Once deal is done I expect not just get founder pack primes, but 3 or 4 skins for each of them. Probably overpriced as hell, but hey. DE claims they retain control of design only so far.

Also, stop labeling stuff junk. Miter is one of my most used weapons, yet people claim it's junk. Opinions. Plus any frame that leeches energy from void trap is better for void runs that are not survival or defense.

You're missing the point. I myself owned PS4 since release day in Europe (earliest possible time) and I'm 100% sure founders primes were never offered on PS store. It's an issue because unlike steam skins or Obsidian PS4 stuff those items are part of set (prime) and are actual items with separate, different stats and mastery. I'm not ok with them pulling that kind of crap in a game that cost as much as PS4 itself essentially. Not until they fully compensate us either by offering these items, or a PS4 exclusive analog, not available on PC. That's why upon some consideration I've came to conclusion I love the idea of PW buying DE. Of course EA would have been way better, but hey. Once deal is done I expect not just get founder pack primes, but 3 or 4 skins for each of them. Probably overpriced as hell, but hey. DE claims they retain control of design only so far.

Also, stop labeling stuff junk. Miter is one of my most used weapons, yet people claim it's junk. Opinions. Plus any frame that leeches energy from void trap is better for void runs that are not survival or defense.

So... You want everyone to suffer because you missed out. How vindictive.

Edit: Also, the game is free. The founders packs are what costs as much as a console. You bought a PS4, not a Founders pack.

Edited by Corvid

So... You want everyone to suffer because you missed out. How vindictive.

Right now all PS4 users suffer. Because DE decided to make PS4 users miss out. Well, those interested in the game anyhow. I'm not sure who's going to suffer? Those who bought founders pack on pc?

Oh wait. Anything sold on PS4 can never transfer to pc in any way, so they won't.

Right now all PS4 users suffer. Because DE decided to make PS4 users miss out. Well, those interested in the game anyhow. I'm not sure who's going to suffer? Those who bought founders pack on pc?

Oh wait. Anything sold on PS4 can never transfer to pc in any way, so they won't.

Perhaps I should reword my statement. You want the game to die under a horrendous publisher because you missed out.

The Founders pack was closed before the PS4 came out, yes. I agree that it's unfortunate that PS4 users, like yourself, never got the opportunity to purchase it. But tell me, what does holding this grudge against DE gain you?

The Founders packs are lost to time. DE has since learned their lesson with regards to exclusives, but the precise wording on the Founders program's contract puts DE into a legal bind that prevents them from re-releasing it. If this wasn't the case, then I'd heartily support the notion of adding the items to the drop tables. In fact, I was an advocate of doing so before I learned of the legal issues.

But the fact of the matter is this: the end result of the program is a tragedy. No two ways about it. But bringing it up again and again is just going to rub salt into the wounds on both sides. Harbouring resentment is not going to solve anything.

Edited by Corvid

I saw DE's 'offical' reply to. IT SAYS NOTHING. it's just something they've thrown out there to calm the masses (due to legal reasons they can't say much, I understand that), but it ultimately gives nothing in the way of the hard information that is really needed to calm every one. 

PW WILL destroy this game. No good will come from those parasites digging their claws into to Warframe.  None. You MIGHT see the founders stuff you have no right to, but I hope you like the idea of paying $50+ FOR JUST THE FRAME, no slot, no reactor. JUST the Frame, and likely a normal Frame at that, Primes you can probably expect to be over powered and $100+ EASY. Or maybe they'll throw into a lock box with a .01% drop rate so it'll end up costing you way more then that. DE might retain control over design but that means nothing when your now under a different corporate policy that's FORCING YOU to change how you design the game or be fired, and replaced with some one that will.

And the Skana Prime is junk. It's nothing more then a re-skinned Skana, that's it. same with the Lato Prime. there is nothing special about ether.

Whats that?

I can't hear you over the sound of my Excalibur Prime.

nvsWcY7.jpg

Honestly, you're playing a console-port of a PC game, what did you expect.

You aren't helping the situation. Leave now, unless you wish to contribute something meaningful to the discussion.

You aren't helping the situation. Leave now, unless you wish to contribute something meaningful to the discussion.

Discussion?

I see a butthurt PS4 player crying for the millionth time about not getting Founder Packs, whilst completely ignoring the voices of reason around him.

Discussion?

I see a butthurt PS4 player crying for the millionth time about not getting Founder Packs, whilst completely ignoring the voices of reason around him.

And your post is going to help defuse the situation... how, exactly?

Perhaps I should reword my statement. You want the game to die under a horrendous publisher because you missed out.

The Founders pack was closed before the PS4 came out, yes. I agree that it's unfortunate that PS4 users, like yourself, never got the opportunity to purchase it. But tell me, what does holding this grudge against DE gain you?

The Founders packs are lost to time. DE has since learned their lesson with regards to exclusives, but the precise wording on the Founders program's contract puts DE into a legal bind that prevents them from re-releasing it.

...on PC. But not on PS4. They don't want to upset PC players so much they'd rather S#&$ on console players. Any company that behaves this way is better off becoming an example in my book.

I saw DE's 'offical' reply to. IT SAYS NOTHING. it's just something they've thrown out there to calm the masses (due to legal reasons they can't say much, I understand that), but it ultimately gives nothing in the way of the hard information that is really needed to calm every one. 

PW WILL destroy this game. No good will come from those parasites digging their claws into to Warframe.  None. You MIGHT see the founders stuff you have no right to, but I hope you like the idea of paying $50+ FOR JUST THE FRAME, no slot, no reactor. JUST the Frame, and likely a normal Frame at that, Primes you can probably expect to be over powered and $100+ EASY. Or maybe they'll throw into a lock box with a .01% drop rate so it'll end up costing you way more then that. DE might retain control over design but that means nothing when your now under a different corporate policy that's FORCING YOU to change how you design the game or be fired, and replaced with some one that will.

And the Skana Prime is junk. It's nothing more then a re-skinned Skana, that's it. same with the Lato Prime. there is nothing special about ether.

I am fine with spending a lot to get everything worth having. Look, I have friends who are crazy into Perfect World. Hell, my sister is into it. I just never liked that game because  it lacks visceral combat I love in games (unless they are card games). You can totally live with PW. I myself posted some rave stuff about the situation here, but speaking calmly? They're not nearly as bad as people here make em out to be.

I love that voice of reason above. I might even bookmark it for reference.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

...on PC. But not on PS4. They don't want to upset PC players so much they'd rather S#&$ on console players. Any company that behaves this way is better off becoming an example in my book.

Please, point out to me where the exclusion clause is for PS4. If such a clause exists, then I shall heartily join you.