Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Few Additions To Some Of The Tilesets.

Beas7ie

Mainly the ships and bases.   There are no Living Areas.  I mean crew quarters, mess halls, rec rooms, and other facilities of the sort.  Even though they're pretty much mindless clones the Grineer have to eat and sleep at times and I'm also sure they have a few hobbies to do in their down time when they're not fighting whoever or getting slaughtered by Tenno.

And the Corpus crewmen need areas like that too, because quite frankly if I were a Corpus crewman, I wouldn't go on those ships if they have no crew quarters, or mess halls, or a rec area where I can hang out with the few other crewmen and maybe play a few games or watch some T.V when we're not working on the robots while en route to wherever.  ESPECIALLY when you add in threats like attacks from the Grineer, the entire ship getting overran by infested, or even 1 to 4 Tenno sneaking on and then killing everything they run across while doing some secret mission for the Lotus.

A good example of this being done well is Mass Effect.  When you go to ships and settlements you actually see the various areas of them and what they were designed for.  When you go the the engineer section you immediately know "Oh cool this is engineering" and when you see a bunch of tables with food on them you know "this must be the kitchen and/or mess hall.  Damn there's a lot of food here still on plates, what the hell happened that everyone got up and left in a hurry?"

You also see couches and chairs and T.V's. maybe a few games out, and bunks and beds.  

It would be really cool if DE were to implement additions like this to add some more immersion so it would feel more like you're really raiding an enemy ship or base and not just running through some fancy "sci fi maze".

The grineer galleon tileset actually does have a barracks room. It's just one of those dead end rooms nobody ever goes to.

Is it a barracks?  I've seen the dead end rooms and have checked them out but all I've seen were the standard crates and lockers.  Never saw anything that looked like beds or bunks.  

Also really would like to see stuff like mess halls and recreation areas.  And like I said before a good example of a game doing this well is Mass Effect.  

They are already there, behind those red doors. You don't think they would just let you walk into their kitchen, do you?

Now it all comes together.  The leaders, reactors, and computer banks with sensitive data are one thing, but they'll dedicate everything to making sure you don't get to their food.

As was stated you will find some of these rooms on the Grineer sets already. You will soon get tiny glimpses of what real Corpus crewmen life is like with the drop of the Infested tile set.

From the breeding grounds tile set, crewman life seems to consist mostly of sitting in a spinny chair and then being murdered

On a similar, but less lighthearted topic, what's going on with the void tower tileset? There's not a whole lot of variety there, and the orokin derelict tileset has a lot of room types that we don't see at all in tower.

I believe these threads do a better job of explaining it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/258195-the-void-is-the-most-played-area-by-veteran-players-and-yet-its-arguably-the-least-interesting-fun/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/258668-void-corrupted-tilesets-idea-for-mixing-the-void-up-and-idk-freshening-it-up-maybe-idk/

In some of the invasion missions where you side with the Corpus, there is a section where you go outside the ship into the vacuum of space and then through a Corpus Transporter Portal. When you arrive on the other side you are on the Grineer ship flanking a large platoon. If you take a moment and survey the rooms in this area you will notice that these are their barracks, with IIRC a larger room at the end on the right seeming like a ranking officer's quarters.

In some of the invasion missions where you side with the Corpus, there is a section where you go outside the ship into the vacuum of space and then through a Corpus Transporter Portal. When you arrive on the other side you are on the Grineer ship flanking a large platoon. If you take a moment and survey the rooms in this area you will notice that these are their barracks, with IIRC a larger room at the end on the right seeming like a ranking officer's quarters.

That 'officers quarters' is Shepard's cabin from the first Mass Effect game. It is a cute little easter egg.

I like this idea, too.

I think it would also be a great addition to the game, if one could actual see some of the Crewmen working one something.

Like fixing a borken terminal or steam pipe, controlling some of the huge gas extractors on Jupiter, repairing some MOAs or cleaning the hallway with a broom.

I'm sorry, but in which sci-fi movie do you actually ever see ANY troops opening crew quarter doors and looking inside, unless they are trying to create narrative? You know why they generally don't? because they just contain dirty laundry, a pack of cards, and some dirty magazines, and there is nothing to murder inside, so you waste precious screen time, that can be used in .. well, murdering stuff.

We are running through the ship trying to kill everyone. Pretty sure they can lock down doors to dead ends and stop us getting there. Oh, but I hear you say "then why don't they lock all the doors?" and my answer is "because it's a game, and you are over thinking the whole problem, so just play it and shut the hell up."

I don't want DE to create a ton of rooms that will - after the first time you see them - get a 0.1 second cursory look-in before we turn around to follow the green waypoint on the way to murder the entire ship crew.

Get DE to remove the waypoint marker and force us to explore the whole damn map to find our way out, and then maybe I'll agree to these type or rooms. Until then, it should not even be considered.