Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #32!

[DE]Rebecca

Seems he regained his rank again and the Kweens put him in charge to proof his loyalty.

Thats why they emphazised "CAPTAIN"

His grineer-language sounds like "Gnos uki" whatever that means? "Thank you" in Grineer?

Uh.... you know that ADMIRAL is a higher rank than Captain right?

He just done got demoted, brah.

Two of my questions asked and answered. Thanks Rebecca, i can scratch them from my list for next time.

MARKET PRICES

Othergrunty: Any chance someone is finally forced to sit down and clean up the market *cough* 150 plat for a Skana *cough* so prices make any damn sense and people might be more willing to pay you money for something?

Sheldon: Nope. Market's staying the way it is. We might roll out some progressive disclosure, but the prices are good the way they are.

Well to bad, i still think there is room for improvement in convincing people to plat purchase and the market still looks highly unattractive for any new players.

Though the cosmetic items seem to be a pretty good imcome for the game, so perhaps you guys need to care less about gun sales.

Though anyone who is "foolish" enough to buy a Skana with plat should get a golden Lato skin as reward. Ha ha ha.

CORPUS/GRINEER GUNS

Othergrunty: Why are there suddenly so many weapons developed by Corpus and Grineer that aren't used by them? If you want to expand lore why do you break it so much with that?

Scott: Usually when a new AI type is created, we go through the vault of weapons that are available. I’m not saying we’re going to randomize it because it’d be unfair, with new AI coming into the game, we definitely have some more choices from our arsenal. When we started out, a lot of the weapons were given without reason, but now that we've got more themed weapons, we had to go back and tweak who uses what.

Geoff: We’ll have to give them new grip options, because right now they all use rifle grip.

Scott: I think the weapon changes are just a lack of time and focus on that part of the game

Well that makes sense, but for the sake of lore you could still put in little explanation as to why we as enemies of these factions get our hands on these before their troops get (if at all)?

Ala:

Penta: Grenade launcher developed by the Corpus. Rejected by the Council for being deemed to expensive to produce in large quantities. Prototypes have been recovered by Tenno operatives. Additional research required for reproduction.

Steve: I agree and hear that those are bandaid mods, but those are few and far between. I think there's a lot more interesting things done with mods, like tradeoffs or channeling efficiency.

I'm sorry, but the way it looks to me nearly half of all mods are either bandaid mods or near pointless.

Acrobat, Antitoxin, Aviator, Diamond Skin, Fast Deflection, Flame Repellent, Fortitude, Handspring, Heavy Impact, Insulation, Intruder, Lightning Rod, Maglev, Provoked, Reflex Guard, Retribution, Shield Flux, Shock Absorbers, Sure Footed, Thief's Wit,  
Undying Will and Warm Coat.

All these mods are hardly used in builds, because we either don't have the free mod space to try them out (because essential mods take priority), they are too useless to use or they belong to the bandaid mod category which you aknowledged.

These are 19 mods of around 46 Warframe mods. That's over a third of the existing Warframe mods, which nobody would use for their tweaked build.

If you want any of these mods to be used more, you need to make free space for them or make them more usefull. Either way, the mod system can't stay like this. You don't want the skill trees back? Fine, but that doesn't change the fact that the mod system still looks like something improvised.

Scott: We’ve talked about knockdowns having skill based recovery to recover quicker rather than a mod that is a bandaid mod. We have test animations.

Geoff: Yes, we have test animations for that.

Scott: It goes back to adding skill to the game.

Geoff: We’ve tested spin-kick get ups also.

Great to hear that this suggestion seems to finaly have found it's way into the development process for the game. I wonder if last livestreams complainments about Scott's bandaid mod comment had anything to do with it?

Hmm, another question i scratch for next time.

I can definetly see such a player imput based counter removing a good deal of frustration from knockback.

Edited by Othergrunty

Sry, I don't know much about military ranks, aren't Admirals the "Captains" of ships in the Marine?

No brah, admirals be the generals of the sea. Them flagships will have an admiral AND a captain, cos admiral can't be bothered with the small details.

It's a shame to hear that 99% of all the guilds in the game will never get anything to show in their trophy rooms.

I feel the "Everybody's a Winner!" response was.... somewhat (mildly) out-of-line, to be quite honest.

Right now, the way Clans Are, 99.9% of the players of Warframe might as well not even bother attempting to win anything in the competitions, because said competitions are always geared towards people who play Warframe 24/7 during the events. Your average person (or clan) cannot hope to even try to compete against that.

But yet we have Dojo Rooms dedicated to trophies... trophies almost nobody will ever win.

It is sad that DE is so against the idea of giving the more casual players something to put in these empty rooms other than Buddha statues. Not everybody is into Buddhism, TBH. Giving out Stone Statues is not "making everybody a winner". It is more of a "Thank you for your participation". The shiny statues are the stuff people win.

But oh well... apparently DE don't see it that way.

Wait wait wait, they PROMOTED him to Admiral?

Admiral Vor? So that "Captain Vor" at the end was just provoking him?

Explains his &!$$ed face.

The events in the video happen after the prologue.

IMO, he was an Admiral before the Prologue; then you wake up and escape and he gets demoted to Captain and he is sent off towards Pluto (but you find him and 'kill' him on Mercury unless they're changing that in u14). Or they could just make a different boss for Mercury; the Queens say that the new guy is in command; you might have to fight him in the last Tutorial mission.

What or how Phobos/Iliad fits into this timeline is beyond me; that feels to me like something they just threw in there.

Edited by Xylia

Adding more, weaker versions of required mods does not solve required mods. The problem isn't access to required mods, it's that there are required mods. 

And there are a lot of them. Practically any weapon that isn't either a designated crit weapon or a designated status weapon uses virtually identical builds, and similarly, pretty much any designated crit weapon will have an identical build, and any designated status weapon will have an identical build. (Putting aside the problem with having designated crit and status weapons in the first place.)

The biggest issue seems to be that the devs don't understand what the players are complaining about. Required mods are bad because they're required. There may be tons of ideas for new mods, but any new mod is almost-certainly either going to be outright superior, and become a required mod, or outright inferior and become trash. 

You got 8 slots on a weapon.

Serration, Split Chamber, Element Damage x2 = 4 slots and most of your capacity points (until/unless you level the weapon 4-5 times).

Bullet Hose? Add Mutator for #5.

This leaves you 3 slots..... three slots for actual utility/flavor mods such as Reload Speed, Zoom, etc.

And that's assuming you don't choose MOAR DAMAGE which many players do. Weapon is 90% slashing? I bet Sawtooth Clip is in a lot of builds, for example.

With so many "Required" Mods (anybody who says they aren't "Required" likely hasn't been in matches where there are people doing <10% of the total damage yet they are actively participating), you just don't have room for Mods that SHOULD be fun and exciting choices. Maybe I'd love a mod that changes the behavior of my weapon.... oh wait, sorry, not enough Capacity Points because I've yet to forma the stupid thing 4-5 times which is itself a boring hassle. "Level the weapon to 30.......go level the weapon to 30 again....... level it to 30 yet again! isn't this FUN!?"

Or, "Whoops, I'm 8/8 mods... can't really take off what I have, so no room for that zoom mod. I'll have to do without because none of the other mods can come off."

Releasing MOAR MODS is only going to make that problem worse. Gee, I'd love to have zoom, reload, etc on my weapon... oh hey, NEW MOD coming out! Maybe this one gives you homing bullets that can veer ~10% towards the nearest target for greater accuracy.... sounds awesome! .......oh wait, my gun is 8/8 and 10% accuracy doesn't justify removing +30% damage. Sorry. Can't do it.

EDIT: The new mod example is just something I came up with on the spot for an example.

Edited by Xylia

Tree with mod slots in CBT was perfect and allowed much much more variety since nodes took care of "mandatory" mods.

And sorry but 3 tiers of same mod is the evidence bottom of barrel has a huge hole due to excessive scraping. So yeah they are beyond that.

I found that system to be just passable since everyone just found the path with most mod slots and made the most out if it.

Tiered mods with additional benefit look like a fine addition to me. More ARPG-like.

It is sad that DE is so against the idea of giving the more casual players something to put in these empty rooms other than Buddha statues. Not everybody is into Buddhism, TBH. Giving out Stone Statues is not "making everybody a winner". It is more of a "Thank you for your participation". The shiny statues are the stuff people win.

Yeah, it's kinda the reason why I asked the submitted the question for the devstream.  I was looking for the clans to develop their own little history based on what they've participated in, and I was a little thrown off by their response.

Maybe I'm missing something, but.. nothing on the PW merger?  Wow.

And no mention of the Perfect world controversy, despite the community uproar.  Deplorable.  Absolutely ignorant and deplorable.

They made a thread saying they couldn't explain the details, but they plan to keep all rights to Warframe.

Edited by Break-Away

I know there are legal reasons behind it, but, seriously, not even MENTIONING the PW issue?

To be honest, in this case, I say screw the legal crap, and tell us the truth... (Besides, that would invalidate the deal, right? That'd be a GOOD thing. A VERY GOOD thing. I cannot emphasize that enough. If your "suits" are idiotic enough to think any kind of deal with PW is a good idea, then they deserve to get screwed over, imo.)

I'm sorry to be so blunt and, to be honest, rude, but this is a VERY dangerous road you are potentialy embarking on. Yeah, you can say you "intend" to keep controll over every aspect of Warframe as much as you want, but you can't garuntee it, ESPECIALLY when PW is involved. Give them a centimeter, and then they'll take several kilometers.

Edited by Braken

And no mention of the Perfect world controversy, despite the community uproar.  Deplorable.  Absolutely ignorant and deplorable.

this is what i'd call ignorance in a deplorable post. Steve made a comment yesterday about it; in that comment he mentioned that they cannot disclose any more information about it at the time; in the livestream today it was one of the first things Rebecca brought up and again she reiterated that they cannot say anything else on the matter other than what Steve wrote.

I'm upset about this as you are and as everyone else here; i spent hours in the megathread thursday evening reading and replying. But just because DE devs cant tell you what you want to hear, they are ignorant? They covered a vast amount of topics in the livestream today but the one thing you wanted to here more information about, which they did not get any further into, makes DE devs deplorable?

I wish people like you'd stop throwing words around just because this is an internet forum and you'd grow up a little. Has it even occurred to you that DE executives have not provided this information to the Devs? Or maybe they have strictly prohibited the information from being released publicly?

Such impulsive and childish ignorance you have displayed here. This is disappointing

EDIT: Thanks for the livestream devs. it was much appreciated, the information you provided us. and i love those ending videos. damn. i'm pretty psyched for U14, whenever its ready to go.

Edited by kalikilic

Regardless of rank a master of a ship is still captain may be he be a lt admiral or ensign. 

However typically mordern admirals are not the shipmaster aboard even his own flag ship as he would be in the fleet control center where the ship master of the flagship would be in the bridge of the ship. 

However this is millenias in the future we have no idea what silly traditions may have been invented or not. 

It's a shame to hear that 99% of all the guilds in the game will never get anything to show in their trophy rooms.

I feel the "Everybody's a Winner!" response was.... somewhat (mildly) out-of-line, to be quite honest.

Right now, the way Clans Are, 99.9% of the players of Warframe might as well not even bother attempting to win anything in the competitions, because said competitions are always geared towards people who play Warframe 24/7 during the events. Your average person (or clan) cannot hope to even try to compete against that.

But yet we have Dojo Rooms dedicated to trophies... trophies almost nobody will ever win.

I certainly agree that there is no effort to try and get any trophies for the events, The DE staff saying no to Participation trophies I am honestly fine with, that's what the Event badges are for in my opinion. I do think trophies for other feats could be created by clanmasters/ high ranking clan members to help decorate the dojo. 

Steve did  make a brief statement on Prime time and effectively said there is nothing more to say at the moment besides the post he wrote. But I to think reiterating what he said would be nice.  but this is all under the hush of legal departments and thus nothing can be spoken of and its as simple as that. I feel your disgust over the issue but we need to be patient and wait for a official response to answer our questions.

Now, finally I have a question of my own. Why is there apparently a desperate need for a Oberon buff? I've found little on the forums in a search. and most say its just a damage buff needed to fix him. I don't think Oberon is bad for trying to get the best of both worlds. While I myself want to go down the Nekros buff path again. Explain to me tenno!

Ref: Event Statues discussed at 40 mins.

While im disappointed in how DE casually brushed this topic to one side with humour, im still grateful they did offer a direct answer afterwards, that being "No" because atleast now we have an answer, although i cant quite see the downside of rewarding participating clans like individual players are rewarded with their badges (the ones very few wear) i think its a shame the bigger picture wasn't seen prior to dismissing so quickly with comments like "Warframe is kids soccer, everyone's a winner" sorry but i just dont understand how that applies to events that im assuming DE wants to be successful and viewed in a positive light.

DE create these events for the playerbase, but in their current form, the gold, silver and bronze trophies becomes the perfect incentive for the cheats to crawl out of the woodwork and ruin the fun for others, which as we have seen time and time again generates further negativity in these forums once we realise these events are exploitable.

The options of introducing something that all clans who have participated in these events and can have displayed in their dojo's Temple of Honor doesnt have to take anything away from the winners trophies, in fact it doesnt have to just be about trophies, it could plaques, banners etc, so i really don't see the need to dismiss potential so quickly especially after these last few days which have already been full of so much negativity.. and sadly DE, all you did there was add to it :(

But i understand a firm "No" when i hear it.

I know there are legal reasons behind it, but, seriously, not even MENTIONING the PW issue?

To be honest, in this case, I say screw the legal crap, and tell us the truth... (Besides, that would invalidate the deal, right? That'd be a GOOD thing. A VERY GOOD thing. I cannot emphasize that enough. If your "suits" are idiotic enough to think any kind of deal with PW is a good idea, then they deserve to get screwed over, imo.)

I'm sorry to be so blunt and, to be honest, rude, but this is a VERY dangerous road you are potentialy embarking on. Yeah, you can say you "intend" to keep controll over every aspect of Warframe as much as you want, but you can't garuntee it, ESPECIALLY when PW is involved. Give them a centimeter, and then they'll take several kilometers.

If you think it would do nothing else but invalidate the deal then you must not know how this kind of stuff works. If they were to do this they would be breaking a legal and binding contract, which means breaking the law. If they reveal any, and I mean ANY, information on it that they are under a SIGNED AND LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT not to reveal, they may as well kiss their company and all their assets goodbye since PWE would sue their &amp;#&#33; to high hell.

Serration, Split Chamber, Element Damage x2 = 4 slots and most of your capacity points (until/unless you level the weapon 4-5 times).

1) Damage.

2) Multishot.

3) Elemental damage.

4) Elemental damage.

5) Elemental damage.

6) Bane something.

+

1) Crit chance.

2) Crit damage.

or

1) Heavy caliber.

just going to throw this out but something that has always baffled me is how come the damage of your weapons doesnt increase as you rank them just like your shields energy and health increase as you rank up a frame

Because anytime someone mentions this as an option it gets drowned out by people complaining that they would loose out for having maxised or bought those mods.  There are also a bunch of people with those maxed out mods that are happy to lose them for the betterment of the game as a whole, though their responses are often drowned out as well.

I honestly think DE could make a skill tree that both provides greater customization than the current mod system and would erase the problem of all builds being the same thing. 

Actually tech trees offer much the same as mods do anyway and typically end up more homoginised than the mod system ever could be because they are difficuilt to grow.  The mod system does have some flaws as it stands but those can be relativly simple to fix compared to fixing or growing a tech tree.

At the end of the day the result is exactly the same wether its a mod or a tech tree.  Each tech tree node is effectivly a mod or a mod level.

Edited by Loswaith

I hope Steve being under a lot of stress was the cause of him lashing out like that cuzz it wasnt cool at all.

Tough, getting your work called "sh*t" by calling it "bottom of the barrel" totally warrants that type of reaction. Perhaps the question could've been made out differently, but it wasn't.

Folks gotta realize they've got lives too.

I like when Rebecca makes faces & gets all emotive in character type stuff and then stops midway through when she realizes in horror that "the community is screengrabbing this to haunt me with later aren't they".

We love you Rebecca, and all the crazy faces and gestures you make. Keep on being you. <3

Tough, getting your work called "sh*t" by calling it "bottom of the barrel" totally warrants that type of reaction. Perhaps the question could've been made out differently, but it wasn't.

Folks gotta realize they've got lives too.

One of the people in question was at their job representing their company and one was a disgruntled customer. There is a right and wrong way to deal with things, especially criticism. You can not try to build a community where everyone is invited to state their opinion (even if it isn't kind) and then stomp all over it in a fit of anger. I don't believe Rebecca got to fully ask the question correctly to begin with because she was constantly being cut off.

Edited by theclinton