Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starvation Strike, Until De Reacts! (The End)

7grims

Even I made my point earlier... I'm curious if DE will implement at least a baindaid "release"-button that instantly releases the Kubrow as long as they haven't finished up the "release to the wild"-quest. ^^

Also I'm curious how angry that doge will get (if any) the more time passes... now that it takes twice as long for it to croak.

"Goat cowers at your approach."

It's getting nasty already. My inner demons start to feast.

Edited by MeduSalem

Is no one going to comment how fickle these things are? 

I mean, look at their loyalty. 

60% is a happy bark. 

40% is an attitude of fear? 

That's half a death for a complete backflip in attitude towards you.

Yeah, something more neutral in between wouldn't be too bad. :D

you are all monsters! nuff said...

how can you think of doing that to a space doge! even if the colours got all 60s with the "hotfix"... its still no reason to do that

I'm very sorry, i keep hearing that... Kubrows aren't Dogs! Kubrow are some kind of catastrophic cancerous mutation that need constant gene therapy in the form of DNA Meth abuse to survive, like some form of Aberration Tool. I'm sorry if i can't feel bad for something that i feel would be begging me for death if it could.

I know that if i were a Kubrow i would rather die then to live my days with such a powerful cancer eating away at me like they do. Think this trough, an existence so "unstable" that every day your very own molecules are violently trying to destroy you. And yeah, i'm aware this is a way to look at how life actually is, but they just age 10 years per day if that were the case... Seriously, they have the average life-span of a fly...

He's not starving Goat... He's just letting him age...

Edited by ReiganCross

I'm very sorry, i keep hearing that... Kubrows aren't Dogs! Kubrow are some kind of catastrophic cancerous mutation that need constant gene therapy in the form of DNA Meth abuse to survive, like some form of Aberration Tool. I'm sorry if i can't feel bad for something that i feel would be begging me for death if it could.

I know that if i were a Kubrow i would rather die then to live my days with such a powerful cancer eating away at me like they do. Think this trough, an existence so "unstable" that every day your very own molecules are violently trying to destroy you. And yeah, i'm aware this is a way to look at how life actually is, but they just age 10 years per day if that were the case... Seriously, they have the average life-span of a fly...

He's not starving Goat... He's just letting him age...

Kubrow hyperaging confirmed,my kubrow after 6 days:  

e1O4M4f.jpg

Warning,image may be disturbing for some people.

Edited by Senjuro

*raises fist* Fight the power!

but in all seriousness, an option to release, devolve or euthanize them would be better then keeping them safe in your spaceship and watching them starve to death because they are the wrong colour or breed.

also: plz Grims not goat! D: goat is awesome!

* Not real animals

* No one cares that he's starving a set of numbers in a database. I have euthanized tons of characters in games, their ghosts don't haunt me.

* Killing a Kubrow over "wrong" color is the dumbest of reasons to carry out such a task. Seriously.

Even I made my point earlier... I'm curious if DE will implement at least a baindaid "release"-button that instantly releases the Kubrow as long as they haven't finished up the "release to the wild"-quest. ^^

Also I'm curious how angry that doge will get (if any) the more time passes... now that it takes twice as long for it to croak.

"Goat cowers at your approach."

It's getting nasty already. My inner demons start to feast.

Maybe DE does not want such a button, BECAUSE they already knew how pathetically finicky players are, and that they would just release Kubrows over and over by the hundreds until they got the exact shade of the color maroon they wanted, then DNA imprint, then do stupid things on the market.

Is no one going to comment how fickle these things are? 

I mean, look at their loyalty. 

60% is a happy bark. 

40% is an attitude of fear? 

That's half a death for a complete backflip in attitude towards you. 

Same could be said for health too. 20% "Feels unwell", 0% "Dying" - it's like going from "I have a cold and a tummy ache" to "Now I have boneitis and space ebola"

Maybe DE does not want such a button, BECAUSE they already knew how pathetically finicky players are, and that they would just release Kubrows over and over by the hundreds until they got the exact shade of the color maroon they wanted, then DNA imprint, then do stupid things on the market.

Well they pretty much said/acknowledged already in advance that they might/will work on a Quest to release it to the wild. So if you click the button or play a misison for 10min doesn't make much of a difference, but would be a much more human solution rather than this questionable starving.

Well they pretty much said/acknowledged already in advance that they might/will work on a Quest to release it to the wild. So if you click the button or play a misison for 10min doesn't make much of a difference, but would be a much more human solution rather than this questionable starving.

I want to throw them out an airlock into the path of a Grineer spaceship exhaust, but we can't all have what we want.

"human solution rather than this questionable starving"

Again, you cant starve pixels. If DE deletes your Warframe account are they committing murder?

Again, you cant starve pixels. If DE deletes your Warframe account are they committing murder?

DE(L) would make some players want to (and maybe actually) commit murder against the employees if that is actually done, so in a very twisted way, probably. 

Edited by Renegade343

Again, you cant starve pixels.

That might be your view, and I don't really care about if they are starving pixels or not because I'm not this much into Warframe Tamagotchi anyways, but I can relate to most people feeling uncomfortable about that, so I'll support their cause.

Edited by MeduSalem

That might be your view, and I don't really care about if they are starving pixels or not because I'm not this much into Warframe Tamagotchi anyways, but I can relate to most people feeling uncomfortable about that, so I'll support their cause.

Those are my favorite words to describe the exaggerated kubrow systems, the Tamagoshi game, hate that they went so far and so distant from sentinels just for this pets.

Edited by 7grims

*raises fist* Fight the power!

but in all seriousness, an option to release, devolve or euthanize them would be better then keeping them safe in your spaceship and watching them starve to death because they are the wrong colour or breed.

also: plz Grims not goat! D: goat is awesome!

* Not real animals

* No one cares that he's starving a set of numbers in a database. I have euthanized tons of characters in games, their ghosts don't haunt me.

* Killing a Kubrow over "wrong" color is the dumbest of reasons to carry out such a task. Seriously.

Man, way to be a Debby downer. :( I am well aware that neither kubrows nor anything else in warframe is anything more than numbers and code with pretty pictures put on top. That doesn't mean that you can't play along with the fantasy proposed within a game for the fun of it. Feedback based on immersion as well as function is also important.

As far as killing a Kubrow over colour, the fact that you think it's stupid doesn't change the fact that there are people who do it. There are always going to be players who seek the "perfect item" and quite often that includes an appearance they find appealing.

*shrug* I like letting myself get lost in the world, I'm not going to "starve" my own kubrows death, because that doesn't fit in with the character I am playing. I can however respect the humouress manner in which 7grims is attempting to bring attention to a deficiency in a heavily RNG influenced system that has an extremely long time sink before you can roll the dice to see if you can get what you want.

Same could be said for health too. 20% "Feels unwell", 0% "Dying" - it's like going from "I have a cold and a tummy ache" to "Now I have boneitis and space ebola"

Space Ebola. If thats anything like Ebola...ehhh...ummm ebola, then OP might just come back to one hell of a bloody, organ and bodily fluid soaked ship.

I used two imprints from two different types of kubrow that had different fur patterns just to get my 5th female kubrow that looks identical to one of the imprints I used. I've wasted a lot of time and platinum on these and feel like a total fool for it. And yes I know of all the excuses that RNG is RNG and that Warframe is still in beta. And I know kubrows aren't a necessity and you don't have to spend platinum on them....but I expected better than this for all the hype DE made about kubrows. Well this game is in beta right and DE listens to the people right...then I think they need to make some major changes to kubrows.....like yesterday. 

A suggestion....take all kubrows and kubrow accessories out until they are ready and give everyone their credits, resources, and platinum back:) I'm sure DE won't do this but it would be the right thing to do in my opinion.

Well I just started a new kubrow and it ended up being my third raksa, safe to say we have a new kubrow to add to the death list. Luckily for it you cant kill two at once so ill have to wait for a way to get rid of it

Edited by theclinton

Well I just started a new kubrow and it ended up being my third raksa, safe to say we have a new kubrow to add to the death list. Luckily for it you cant kill two at once so ill have to wait for a way to get rid of it

I used two imprints from two different types of kubrow that had different fur patterns just to get my 5th female kubrow that looks identical to one of the imprints I used. I've wasted a lot of time and platinum on these and feel like a total fool for it. And yes I know of all the excuses that RNG is RNG and that Warframe is still in beta. And I know kubrows aren't a necessity and you don't have to spend platinum on them....but I expected better than this for all the hype DE made about kubrows. Well this game is in beta right and DE listens to the people right...then I think they need to make some major changes to kubrows.....like yesterday. 

A suggestion....take all kubrows and kubrow accessories out until they are ready and give everyone their credits, resources, and platinum back:) I'm sure DE won't do this but it would be the right thing to do in my opinion.

Yes, lets hope it get better, way better.

Edited by 7grims